The Last of Us demo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sebs09 (475 posts) -

Looks like the Last of Us demo access from God of War Ascension will be available tomorrow. I checked the countdown just recently, and it looks like it will be available at noon central time. I'm excited to finally try it out!

#2 Posted by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -
Cool beans, finally.
#3 Posted by Kid_Black_Star (485 posts) -

Is it only for people who bought the recnet God Of War game?

#4 Posted by sebs09 (475 posts) -

Kid_Black_Star
That's the only way I know of trying it out.
#5 Posted by SoNin360 (4977 posts) -
I can't seem to find a date for it being open to everyone, so does anyone happen to know?
#6 Posted by sukraj (20600 posts) -

2 weeks to go

#7 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3646 posts) -

I think we can all say we are suffering from exhaustion due to the push back date

#8 Posted by NicetyNymsaj (24 posts) -

I think we can all say we are suffering from exhaustion due to the push back date

megaspiderweb09
Exhaustion and Anxiety for sure
#9 Posted by sukraj (20600 posts) -

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

NicetyNymsaj

Exhaustion and Anxiety for sure

this

#10 Posted by ElPadilla (609 posts) -

The day that the Last of Us demo comes out PSN crashes and is undergoing maintenance wtf sony. You think you would have anticipated the uptick in traffic with a few extra servers you idiots.

#11 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -
Size of the demo is 2.2 GB
#12 Posted by sebs09 (475 posts) -
Just finished it up, and although it is quite short, I thought it was very intense. Only 2 weeks left to go!
#13 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

I am looking forward to the demo ! ;)

#14 Posted by jdc6305 (3720 posts) -

I can't find the demo it's not showing up in the demo list on the God of War disc and it's not showing up in the store? any ideas?

#15 Posted by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -
It was creepy, it feels a lot like Uncharted though.
#17 Posted by The-Apostle (11917 posts) -
I went looking for the demo but couldn't find it. WTF?! Yes, I'm fully aware that it's on the GoW: Ascension disk... or was...
#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (27919 posts) -

Kid_Black_Star

It'll be on PSN next week.

#19 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kid_Black_Star"]

Bigboi500

It'll be on PSN next week.

Source? "The demo is only available for God of War Ascension disc owners. We have no plans to release it otherwise." Playstation Blog
#20 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

megaspiderweb09

It's hell to have to wait an extra month, but I honestly prefer a polished product to the usual rush-to-the-market super buggy games we get these days.

#21 Posted by sukraj (20600 posts) -

13 days to go guys.

#22 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3646 posts) -

So while playing the demo, i found in one of the journals about the Infected and while so far we have only seen two of them, it seems they are four of them in total.

Stage One

Runners

These are your typical aggressive zombies, which would chase you tirelessly and try to swarm you, you are advised not the let them swarm you

Runners

Stage Two

Stalkers

These are the next stage of the infected, it seems they still have some bit of their sight but very less more so than the runners, they operate in stealth fashion and would hide in corners, sneak around waiting to ambush you, so you are advised to watch and check every corner and behind you

Stage Three

Clickers

The ones we have seen much of since the introduction of the game, they do not see at all but any noise you make would attract their attention, very strong and would insta kill you

Clickers

Stage Four

B?????

This seem like the advanced stage of the infected, given i found an image online, it seems these would be the bigger bad ass of the bunch, i would not be suprised if they are not as populated as the rest of the bunch, so far information about them remain unfound

#23 Posted by SantaTerb (1563 posts) -
The 14th? Is this really releasing on a Friday?
#24 Posted by davideo89 (1 posts) -
where the hell did you find that 2.2 gig version cause the only demo i founded was the demo with the outskirts level wich is 132 mb. really hope you can tell me where you found the 2.2 gig file.
#25 Posted by sebs09 (475 posts) -
The 14th? Is this really releasing on a Friday?SantaTerb
Yes it is releasing on a Friday, which I don't see as a bad thing honestly.
#26 Posted by robertoenrique (1158 posts) -
This game is going to be totally bad@ss!
#27 Posted by _Perfectionist (24 posts) -

looks cool but I feel like it's just a tad bit overrated even though I didn't try it. (swarm me with disagrees)

I'll try the demo.

#28 Posted by SantaTerb (1563 posts) -
[QUOTE="SantaTerb"]The 14th? Is this really releasing on a Friday?sebs09
Yes it is releasing on a Friday, which I don't see as a bad thing honestly.

I don't see it as bad as all. I was intending on taking a day off work for the release, and now I don't have to since it runs into the weekend anyway. Just thought it was odd.
#29 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
Demo is awesome
#30 Posted by spartan_gamer92 (3 posts) -

So while playing the demo, i found in one of the journals about the Infected and while so far we have only seen two of them, it seems they are four of them in total.

Stage One

Runners

These are your typical aggressive zombies, which would chase you tirelessly and try to swarm you, you are advised not the let them swarm you

Stage Two

Stalkers

These are the next stage of the infected, it seems they still have some bit of their sight but very less more so than the runners, they operate in stealth fashion and would hide in corners, sneak around waiting to ambush you, so you are advised to watch and check every corner and behind you

Stage Three

Clickers

The ones we have seen much of since the introduction of the game, they do not see at all but any noise you make would attract their attention, very strong and would insta kill you

Stage Four

B?????

This seem like the advanced stage of the infected, given i found an image online, it seems these would be the bigger bad ass of the bunch, i would not be suprised if they are not as populated as the rest of the bunch, so far information about them remain unfound

megaspiderweb09

Where did you find this journal? I only found one by the dead body of a guy but it wasnt this one

#31 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

Lol, I still can't believe that those who bought god of war ascension had to wait like 3 months just for a 5 to 10 minute demo :P. 

#32 Posted by Outsider-G (2448 posts) -

Lol, I still can't believe that those who bought god of war ascension had to wait like 3 months just for a 5 to 10 minute demo :P. 

RatedSTARZ

I'd say it's a good thing the demo wasn't longer than that. Naughty Dog didn't want to give away too much. It's a teaser of things to expect.

Nice impression btw

#33 Posted by BigBangTheory_ (183 posts) -
short
#34 Posted by RatedSTARZ (249 posts) -

[QUOTE="RatedSTARZ"]

Outsider-G

I'd say it's a good thing the demo wasn't longer than that. Naughty Dog didn't want to give away too much. It's a teaser of things to expect.

Nice impression btw

Lol, thank you man :P. And I agree with you, it's good that they kept it short so when we all get our hands on the game, there will be PLENTY of surprises in store :D
#35 Posted by KiriharaZro (20 posts) -

looks cool but I feel like it's just a tad bit overrated even though I didn't try it. (swarm me with disagrees)

I'll try the demo.

_Perfectionist
I agree, although is looking good and well done gameplay but I dont was impressed by the graphics, it has very well done ambience of solitude and tension but I wasnt surprised by the graphs, in fact it has a bug (I hope for the demo) where the buildings disappear if you raise or lower the camera while you stand in front of a window and see the city. I dont know, but when I play it, I never feel this sensation of WOW that they promised us so much.
#36 Posted by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -
I didn't think the graphics were that great and It felt too much like Uncharted, Joel even kind of looks like Nathan Drake, at least let me play as Ellie. Uncharted is good but I want to play something different, I think if they had kept it strictly survival horror like Dead Space it would have been better, unless it gets high scores I'll probably pass on it.
#37 Posted by KiriharaZro (20 posts) -
I didn't think the graphics were that great and It felt too much like Uncharted, Joel even kind of looks like Nathan Drake, at least let me play as Ellie. Uncharted is good but I want to play something different, I think if they had kept it strictly survival horror like Dead Space it would have been better, unless it gets high scores I'll probably pass on it.ultimameteora
Totally agree!
#38 Posted by sukraj (20600 posts) -

11 days to go guys.

#39 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3646 posts) -

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

Stage One

Runners

Stage Two

Stalkers

Stage Three

Clickers

Stage Four

B?????

spartan_gamer92

Where did you find this journal? I only found one by the dead body of a guy but it wasnt this one

Check through all the journals you can find in the backpack, it is there. To read the details, you may have to squint but what i did was check through some leaked info as well

#40 Posted by Azzurri22 (167 posts) -

I'll try the demo.

_Perfectionist

What a truly ridiculous thing to say, well done.