The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#151 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman said:
@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

God, why is GameSpot so slow, buggy, and painful to navigate now? :/

Welp, I guess I'll see you all in another year or three.

Hazel! How you doing man? Stick around for a bit. We just got this new Lounge and swj hasn't stunk it up too bad yet. Who knows how it'll smell in a year or three. If you hang around you'll just get used to it :P

Haha, we'll see. Been busy with the army though. Maybe in a bit, and definitely after I get myself a sexy new signature that's sure to get me suspended again. ;)

Dude. :( People use these forums at work!! :P

Anyhow, wow, I would of never pictured you in the army! Good for you man.

Haha, well, I DO need something to do when I'm sitting in classes. I'm still a university student too, you know.

I'll sit my ass in front of photoshop and see if I can think of something.

Where have you been ?!?!?! :O

#152 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

So I am trying to make a spaceship.. lol

#153 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13142 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

Arkham Knight is a real dumb name and also doesn't seem to make sense? You can't just mash batman shit together, guys.

Also, reminder that Arkham City was lame.

I loved Arkham City.

But yeah, Arkham Knight doesn't make sense, but does it really matter? It is just branding..

I needed something to be negative about and the name is all I know.

Lol good answer. I honestly think the Arkham brand is just dumb. It made perfect sense for the first game, but the other game's stories have only suffered because of it. Everything Batman does in a video game now has to revolve in or around the nuthouse? Seems limiting. And yeah, this one just sounds silly.

That trailer was awesome though, right?

#154 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

Arkham Knight is a real dumb name and also doesn't seem to make sense? You can't just mash batman shit together, guys.

Also, reminder that Arkham City was lame.

I loved Arkham City.

But yeah, Arkham Knight doesn't make sense, but does it really matter? It is just branding..

I needed something to be negative about and the name is all I know.

Lol good answer. I honestly think the Arkham brand is just dumb. It made perfect sense for the first game, but the other game's stories have only suffered because of it. Everything Batman does in a video game now has to revolve in or around the nuthouse? Seems limiting. And yeah, this one just sounds silly.

That trailer was awesome though, right?

A new batman is coming out ?

#155 Posted by Terrencec06 (3551 posts) -

Yea that Batman trailer was pretty nice.

#156 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Terrencec06: Ok I just checked it out nvm @MrSelf-Destruct lol. I still have to enjoy Arkam City still. I'd play the Arkham series straight over the AC series. Just sayin... But lol at the South Park Sitck of truth review. Regardless of it getting a 7/10 I still want it lol.

#157 Edited by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

The Arkham series over the Arkham City series? It's all the Arkham series dude. :P

#158 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

The Arkham series over the Arkham City series? It's all the Arkham series dude. :P

AC= Assassins Creed. lol.

#159 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok. That makes a million times more sense. :P

#160 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok. That makes a million times more sense. :P

Yesss lol. Im just saying man. I feel that the Arkham series has been worked on more than the ACreed series. They already have 3 titles already out but I can deal with that more than dealing with ACreed series have over 6 titles out.

Original Xbox >>>>> 360 and One . . lol safer to say that here than on SW.

#161 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

Boom! First time designing a sig in over 3 years. It's been a while.

#162 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

Hazel! How you doing man? Stick around for a bit. We just got this new Lounge and swj hasn't stunk it up too bad yet. Who knows how it'll smell in a year or three. If you hang around you'll just get used to it :P

hey! i JUST took a shower last week. i should be good for at least a couple more months...

#163 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:

3 years ? Damn.. I remember when I had you work on sometime for me during the LBL V I think.

#164 Posted by Terrencec06 (3551 posts) -

highly doubt that I finish Puppeteer

#165 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Terrencec06: Ok I just checked it out nvm @MrSelf-Destruct lol. I still have to enjoy Arkam City still. I'd play the Arkham series straight over the AC series. Just sayin... But lol at the South Park Sitck of truth review. Regardless of it getting a 7/10 I still want it lol.

definitely gonna be playing it VERY soon. already have it bought on steam. just gotta find the time to pull myself away from FF14 =P

also, Hazel's back?!?!

#166 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@hazelnutman said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman said:
@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

Haha, we'll see. Been busy with the army though. Maybe in a bit, and definitely after I get myself a sexy new signature that's sure to get me suspended again. ;)

Haha, well, I DO need something to do when I'm sitting in classes. I'm still a university student too, you know.

Lots of life stuff, my friend.

• I'm still a full time student at UBC, Vancouver on my 3rd year studying Political Sciences now.
  • I decided to join the Army of the Canadian Armed Forces because I felt like a badass (and I wanted the job experience to be a part of the local Police department when I'm old enough).
  • I've been going out with my GF for over three years now, so things are srs business now.
  • Got my own apartment and car a year ago, so that was fun

Three years flew by, I guess. Glad to see you guys still here. Makes me really happy to see the Lounge again. I'm sure a lot of stuff's changed with you guys, so I can't wait to catch up.

#167 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:

@Young_Charter said:

@hazelnutman said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman said:
@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

Lots of life stuff, my friend.

• I'm still a full time student at UBC, Vancouver on my 3rd year studying Political Sciences now.
  • I decided to join the Army of the Canadian Armed Forces because I felt like a badass (and I wanted the job experience to be a part of the local Police department when I'm old enough).
  • I've been going out with my GF for over three years now, so things are srs business now.
  • Got my own apartment and car a year ago, so that was fun

Three years flew by, I guess. Glad to see you guys still here. Makes me really happy to see the Lounge again. I'm sure a lot of stuff's changed with you guys, so I can't wait to catch up.

Yeah same here bro. Im in a relationship, just got my apartment and car and I finally decided I want to go to college for Fire Science to be a Fire Fighter. Took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do in life but Im still young and ready. It's really good to see you man. It's funny because we just made this lounge lol.

#168 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13142 posts) -

Decided to give windows 8 another shot. I still hate it. I have to stick with it this time, though, because this is the future, right?

#169 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

Any updates on some of the old regulars? Scianix-Black? Yokofox? Mushroomherb?(to name very few)

#170 Edited by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

@hazelnutman: Scianix and Mushroom are still on PSN but not on Gamespot anymore... To my knowledge, maybe they have some alt they haven't told me about though. :P Yoko still posts though.

@MrSelf-Destruct: 8.1 right?

#171 Edited by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

definitely gonna be playing it VERY soon. already have it bought on steam. just gotta find the time to pull myself away from FF14 =P

also, Hazel's back?!?!

I want it................

I dunno why though.. I don't want South Park and the game looks incredibly simplistic.. I do love me some funny games though.

#172 Edited by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -
@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman: Scianix and Mushroom are still on PSN but not on Gamespot anymore... To my knowledge, maybe they have some alt they haven't told me about though. :P Yoko still posts though.

Ah - at least they're alive and well. Great to see you again, MethodMan! One of my favorite games played during my hiatus was definitely Persona 4. God, I did nothing else during that entire summer break. Here's hoping they eventually port P4Golden to the PS3/PS4, because I don't plan on getting a Vita anytime soon.

@starwarsjunky: Not sure if I'm back yet, but hell - I'm here for now. Also, very nice avatar. TK is the best.

#173 Posted by supa_badman (16630 posts) -

lol hazel

how you been man

totally forgot about old regulars :)

#174 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

@supa_badman said:

lol hazel

how you been man

totally forgot about old regulars :)

Hey buddy! It's been a while! Doing good, but it looks like there's been a lot of changes here. Still, I'd love to try to get back in the groove again. This community is just way too strong.

#175 Edited by LightR (17470 posts) -

Sky Driver? ;~:

#176 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -
@MethodManFTW said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

also, Hazel's back?!?!

I want it................

I dunno why though.. I don't want South Park and the game looks incredibly simplistic.. I do love me some funny games though.

But it looks fun and enjoyable. Even the most simple titles are awesome.

#177 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

@hazelnutman: Yeah... Probably not, knowing SEGA, but that would be awesome.. Maybe Vita TVs will be priced well enough in the west that they could be a viable Persona 4: Golden machine.

@LightR said:

Sky Driver? ;~:

I remember!

#178 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

I mean I don't watch South Park... Damn typos! >.<

#179 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Ah - at least they're alive and well. Great to see you again, MethodMan! One of my favorite games played during my hiatus was definitely Persona 4. God, I did nothing else during that entire summer break. Here's hoping they eventually port P4Golden to the PS3/PS4, because I don't plan on getting a Vita anytime soon.

@starwarsjunky: Not sure if I'm back yet, but hell - I'm here for now. Also, very nice avatar. TK is the best.

well you best be!!!

*insert random TK quote here*

#180 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -
@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman: Yeah... Probably not, knowing SEGA, but that would be awesome.. Maybe Vita TVs will be priced well enough in the west that they could be a viable Persona 4: Golden machine.

@LightR said:

Sky Driver? ;~:

I remember!

RIP Sky Driver. Dead with my game development dreams ;___;

#181 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:
@MethodManFTW said:

@LightR said:

Sky Driver? ;~:

I remember!

qq. i'm teaching myself how to code in my spare time now... Not really for game development per say, but that shit is complicated.. Though I'm sure once things start to really click it is much easier.

#182 Edited by LightR (17470 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman said:
@MethodManFTW said:

@LightR said:

Sky Driver? ;~:

I remember!

qq. i'm teaching myself how to code in my spare time now... Not really for game development per say, but that shit is complicated.. Though I'm sure once things start to really click it is much easier.

What program?

#183 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

The biggest problem for me was that I tried to use a 3D game engine with C++ going solo. I pretty much bit off more than I could chew. I highly recommend looking into either Java or Python. Not only are they easy to learn, but are really effective at creating programs/games without 3D rendering. I still remember how I recreated a classic Final Fantasy ATB system from scratch. Really fun stuff once you get things clicking. I was literally addicted to working on my program.

#184 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:

The biggest problem for me was that I tried to use a 3D game engine with C++ going solo. I pretty much bit off more than I could chew. I highly recommend looking into either Java or Python. Not only are they easy to learn, but are really effective at creating programs/games without 3D rendering. I still remember how I recreated a classic Final Fantasy ATB system from scratch. Really fun stuff once you get things clicking. I was literally addicted to working on my program.

Didn't you and your friends make some sort of video game ?

#185 Edited by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman said:
@MethodManFTW said:

@LightR said:

Sky Driver? ;~:

I remember!

What program?

I'm doing some really basic Java and HTML stuff at the moment.. Eventually I'd like to give Ruby or C++ a shot.

#186 Posted by yokofox33 (29861 posts) -

Hazel!!!!!

Holy shit, son! Good to see you round these parts again. Glad to hear you're doing well.

#187 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13142 posts) -

Hazel AND Yoko!? Surely the gods are smiling on us this day. Now wtf are Scianix and HURD?

Anyway, Kevin Conroy is back and Gotham is 5 times the size of Arkham City. Thank you, Rocksteady.

#188 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Hazel AND Yoko!? Surely the gods are smiling on us this day. Now wtf are Scianix and HURD?

I haven't seen Hurd in years. Scianix and Jerk be in the cut. Still in touch with each other till this day, but be in the cut.

#189 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

You know what. . . We need to have a LBL Reunion.. Try to get as many old dogs in here as we can.

#190 Edited by yokofox33 (29861 posts) -

I don't think I have Scianix or Hurd's PSN name. I miss them boys.

#191 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

You know what. . . We need to have a LBL Reunion.. Try to get as many old dogs in here as we can.

@yokofox33 said:

Hurd hasn't been on PSN for over 6 months. Ended up letting it go due to cleaning up inactive PSN's unfortunately.

#192 Posted by LightR (17470 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

I have a lot of people I just don't recognize the names anymore.

#193 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:

Lol LOVE it. Classic Hazel. This place could use a bit more of that. Hope you stick around for a while man. Even if it's only temporary it's still great to see you around even for a little bit.

#194 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

I have HURD on Steam I think.. I know he tried to add me...

Man.. So turnt right now. -___________________-

i don't even

#195 Posted by yokofox33 (29861 posts) -

Love the new Lounge title. Well done.

Also, this is probably the best Smooth McGroove video to date:

#196 Posted by Terrencec06 (3551 posts) -

I hate having to eat healthy all the time. D@mn genetics

#197 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

I hate having to eat healthy all the time. D@mn genetics

Im still loosing weight but I will admit that I've fallen off of my diet. How is your dieting going ??

#198 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

woooooooo not hung over

#199 Posted by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: When I hit the gym probably tonight I'll listen to his mixtape while I work out.

#200 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -

@Young_Charter: good choice!

so killzone mp is free for week.... 40gb to download.... oh well, i'll try it out.

dead nation apoc edition free on PS+ now... make sure you at least hit the download button it, sony pulled outlast from PS+ pretty quick.