The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#1851 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: You get instant video? I must be on the student deal then.. Dunno why I thought they didn't let people using the student promo access that...

#1852 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: Yeah, dude, I've been watching the shit out of Eastbound & Down and Boardwalk Empire. :P

I'm pretty sure we used to not have access to it, but then it changed whenever they did the price increase. I think.

#1853 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Went to the gas station to get some laundry detergent and a swisher... Forgot both.

I wear my backpack with my ipad in it with some big DJ quality Sony headphones hooked up to it.. Normally I just listen to podcasts but I was listening to my music while I was there and when I was checking out it was the loudest most violent part of Bitch Please by Eminem.. Oh boy that was awkward.

#1854 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Played some Destiny. Pretty rad I guess. I wish Dinklage sounded more into it. Movement feels just a slight bit off, but it seems all MMOs give me that impression.

#1855 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Played some Destiny. Pretty rad I guess. I wish Dinklage sounded more into it. Movement feels just a slight bit off, but it seems all MMOs give me that impression.

I've seen several people say that Dinklage sounds like he's there for the money but secretly loathes video games. He's probably just not used to voice acting. I imagine it's hard to judge your delivery without the instant feedback you get on a set. Either way, what a waste...

#1856 Posted by LightR (17434 posts) -

Amazon Prime is just

• FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items to most cities in Canada
  • Discounted One-Day Shipping for as low as CDN$ 3.99/item
  • FREE Standard Shipping where One-Day and Two-Day Shipping are unavailable
  • No Minimum Purchase - don't worry about meeting a threshold to get free shipping

in Canada. All this stuff you talk about sounds pretty nice.

#1857 Posted by LightR (17434 posts) -

Anyone here ever try Jade Empire by Bioware?

#1858 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

@LightR: I bought it the other day, always heard good things. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know.

#1859 Edited by LightR (17434 posts) -

Finally got my took the time to sit down and get my Assassins Creed II platinum trophy. All I needed was about 30 feathers more.

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@LightR: I bought it the other day, always heard good things. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know.

Sounds good. When people meniton Bioware I've never heard of Jade Emipre so I wasn't sure if their other games were a lot better and only just outshine it.

#1860 Posted by Texas2089 (16434 posts) -

@LightR said:

Amazon Prime is just

• FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items to most cities in Canada
  • Discounted One-Day Shipping for as low as CDN$ 3.99/item
  • FREE Standard Shipping where One-Day and Two-Day Shipping are unavailable
  • No Minimum Purchase - don't worry about meeting a threshold to get free shipping

in Canada. All this stuff you talk about sounds pretty nice.

Lol that's pretty weak dude.

And yes Jade Empire was awesome. I've been waiting for forever for BioWare to make a sequel but by now it just doesn't seem like it's happening. Definitely a great game though.

#1861 Edited by commonfate (12144 posts) -

On a Bastille and Outkast binge.

Oh hi guys.

#1862 Posted by Texas2089 (16434 posts) -

On a Bastille and Outkast binge.

Oh hi guys.

Welcome back man. How you been? How was you training stuff?

#1863 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
#1864 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

@commonfate: welcome back!

so i started my save up of Mass Effect 3 on PC again last night.. God damn that looks good on PC.. Stupid bioware points never going on sale. I saw the entire Mass Effect trilogy is on sale at GMG for 10 bucks... I bought the Levitation DLC for 10 bucks last night. -__-

Weird day yesterday, I bought some Origin DLC, bought a game on uPlay, and bought both the Kane and Lynchs on Steam.

#1865 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69781 posts) -

Is anyone watching the World Cup?

#1866 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

Bought both the Kane and Lynchs on Steam.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Dude, those games are awesome! Especially if you like heists.

#1867 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

@LightR said:
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Sounds good. When people meniton Bioware I've never heard of Jade Emipre so I wasn't sure if their other games were a lot better and only just outshine it.

So, I gave it a go. Looks nice and has remarkably fluid movement and combat for a game its age. The combat is real-time kung fu stuff; punches, blocks, dodges, and some magic attacks. Great stuff. It's an old Bioware game, so I'm sure the story is amazing. The launcher kept crashing, but I renamed a couple executables and got it run. Supposedly the GOG version doesn't have this problem. You may be able to pick it up for a crazy discount in GOG's summer sale, which is on right now. I've seen several $20 games on there for $2. There are new sales every hour, so keep your eye on it. Anyway, get it! Seems like it'll be great.

#1868 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69781 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: Too bad that game made this site fire a guy that was awesome and hire people like McShea

#1869 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: Too bad that game made this site fire a guy that was awesome and hire people like McShea

it was the people in charge that were incompetent, you can't blame the game for that. and... "hire people like McShea"... smh

#1870 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

it was the people in charge that were incompetent, you can't blame the game for that. and... "hire people like McShea"... smh

True but Tom McShea still sucks shit. (All of the Gamespot editorial staff is terrible imo save for Kevin Van Ord).

#1871 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69781 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

True but Tom McShea still sucks shit. (All of the Gamespot editorial staff is terrible imo save for Kevin Van Ord).

True, McShea and Petit have been a disaster for the site

#1872 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

i'm just gonna ignore all that.

One of my new favorite songs I discovered via Prime Music. Apparently it was in one the Just Dance games.

#1873 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Dude, those games are awesome! Especially if you like heists.

I love love love heist games, but god damn the shooting in 2 feels like shooting air guns.. I only played like the first five minutes so hopefully the guns start feeling better, though who knows if I'll ever play them... I could get the pair for 2 bucks so I said what the hell..

#1874 Posted by ryrulez (11603 posts) -
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

I love love love heist games, but god damn the shooting in 2 feels like shooting air guns.. I only played like the first five minutes so hopefully the guns start feeling better, though who knows if I'll ever play them... I could get the pair for 2 bucks so I said what the hell..

there's a part in 2 which is really weird and iirc they used it it the demo. you play as a naked kane/lynch (i don't remember which is which) covered in cuts, running through the streets of tokyo or w/e. also, the ending of the game is the hilariously abrupt, and that's all i remember about the game.

#1875 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

@ryrulez said:
@MethodManFTW said:
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

there's a part in 2 which is really weird and iirc they used it it the demo. you play as a naked kane/lynch (i don't remember which is which) covered in cuts, running through the streets of tokyo or w/e. also, the ending of the game is the hilariously abrupt, and that's all i remember about the game.

#1876 Posted by LightR (17434 posts) -

@anime_gamer007 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I'm so disappointed in their coverage of E3 and any other artices they put out in the meantime - absolutely nothing.

#1877 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

@ryrulez said:
@MethodManFTW said:
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

See, to me, what made K&L 2 so amazing was that it played out like the craziest night of an insane person's life, a night on which said insane person is hopped up on PCP and set on fire. It was just crazy shit and more crazy shit and then it was over, and you didn't know whether you were really pleased with yourself for making it to the end or just relieved that it did in fact end. And the gritty camera effects complimented that little joy ride through hell perfectly. It looks like you're being chased by a VHS recorder the whole time.

#1878 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69781 posts) -

@LightR said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@anime_gamer007 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I'm so disappointed in their coverage of E3 and any other artices they put out in the meantime - absolutely nothing.

The only reason i watch the E3 live show is because of Aron Waters and Danny O'Dwyer

#1879 Posted by Texas2089 (16434 posts) -

Great finale for GoT. I loved how they handled pretty much everything. The only except being Brienne stumbling across Arya and The Hound and the 2 of them fighting, and that being the reason The Hound was too weak to continue. Some real touching moments like Jon burning Ygritte's corpse in her own pyre north of The Wall, and Dany chaining up her dragons was sad to see (does this happen in ADWD?). Tywin's death was perfect too. The thing that really interested me was Bran though. I'm really looking forward to reading his parts in ADWD and seeing where his stuff goes. Luckily I have pretty much 10 months to finish both books so I shouldn't have to worry about any more spoilers after I get it done.

#1880 Edited by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

Wow. . Miami got obliterated tonight. Lol.

#1881 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

I hate moving. I've been moving all weekend.

Oh and Happy belated Fathers day to any of the fellas who are pops in here.

I still hate the Spurs but they were the better team.

#1882 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

Now we will have a drought of gaming news lol

#1883 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

Now we will have a drought of gaming news lol

Don't worry, we still have a good 4 or 5 big games that can be delayed til 2015. That should be enough news to hold us til the GDC. :P

Seriously, I think I'm a littler bitter. Delays never really bothered me before, but I was so excited for Arkham Knight. Dammit, man.

#1884 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

This GOG sale has to stop. I won't have anything left for the Steam sale!

#1885 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Are there any decent games coming out between now and September?

John Drake leaves Harmonix. Wow! Surprise.

#1886 Posted by LightR (17434 posts) -

I likes the season finale, it answered a lot of questions and opened up a few more, but that's okay, because they're the beginnings of new journeys.

#1887 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

@LightR said:

I likes the season finale, it answered a lot of questions and opened up a few more, but that's okay, because they're the beginnings of new journeys.

I liked it a lot. I'm glad a guy at my work is a GoT super fan so I can ask him a bunch of questions after every episode.

I love love love Game of Thrones but there is just too much going on at once for me to be able to keep track of it...

I think Vanessa Bayer of Saturday Night Live made a really funny joke about GoT. She just joined twitter and one of her first posts was something to the effect of "140 characters? What is this shit, game of thrones?". I laughed.

#1890 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

So, apparently there is a thing you can do to unlock a bunch of graphical features in Watch_dogs that make it look like it did at E3, and it supposedly has minimal performance impact. My question is, why would they lock that stuff out and suffer all the backlash they did? I'm guessing they locked it out for the console versions and just never bothered to open it back up for another negligible-effort PC port.

EDIT: It seems that unlocking these features actually makes the game more stable and less buggy. Here's a link to the mod.

@MethodManFTW said:

I think Vanessa Bayer of Saturday Night Live made a really funny joke about GoT. She just joined twitter and one of her first posts was something to the effect of "140 characters? What is this shit, game of thrones?". I laughed.

Lol

#1891 Edited by LightR (17434 posts) -

Bought the complete GoT season 1. $100 is the normal price? DAYUM.

#1892 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

pewdiepie grossed 4 million in 2013.

/jumps off cliff

#1893 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69781 posts) -

Isn't there anyone here watching the World Cup?

#1894 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

Not much to see, really.

#1895 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69781 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not much to see, really.

Portugal got thrashed by my fellow countrymen, Netherlands crushed Spain, Cost Rica upsetting Uruguay, there's plenty to see mate

#1896 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

I hate this period of time, no basketball or football.

#1897 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13110 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not much to see, really.

Portugal got thrashed by my fellow countrymen, Netherlands crushed Spain, Cost Rica upsetting Uruguay, there's plenty to see mate

Did you not see the image or just not get the joke? :P

#1898 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

too much talk about the fake football =P

#1899 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69781 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Not much to see, really.

Did you not see the image or just not get the joke? :P

i ignored it :P

#1900 Posted by LightR (17434 posts) -

I got bored so I started remaking the new MGS5 trailer with MGS4 content. Nearly done.