The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#1301 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -

Damn... I suddenly got the urge to play Max Payne 3 again. If only I could make it look this good...

#1302 Edited by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

@starwarsjunky: Hey bro, did you hear about this ? Friends and players honor deceased FFXIV player with in-game memorial

@MethodManFTW: Getting this new Full-Time Gig and working a second job on the side has been a drag I will admit. But the income is great. This morning I got lucky and had a fresh rise to get some things for my mom for mothers day and then chillax and play BF4 on PS4 (looks so good. My first PS4 title finally) and then Spec Ops:The Line for PS3. I kept hearing spec ops was so good. So I got it for 5.00 and decided to check it out

#1303 Edited by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: I just bought that the other day. Soon as I finish Spec Ops I'm either going to work on that, Bioshock Infinite, or Hitman Absolution.

#1304 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -

All very nice games. Enjoy, bro.

#1305 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Why do I continue to hang out with someone I don't like..?

S T O P W A S T I N G M Y T I M E

#1306 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -
#1307 Edited by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:
@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky I gave T1 a shot today and it went fairly smoothly. Had a few people explain things and it wasn't too bad. Sadly no gear dropped for me. I definitely think I could farm for some though. And yeah I guess I could do PF to get past the EXs but since I'm gonna have to do them all again with my LS anyway I might as well wait it out. And that's actually pretty funny what you did on Titan. A dick move, but funny.

yeah, with the echo T1 is really easy. wasn't that tough before either, but now its just a joke. imo, the only one that actually is wipe-able is T5. i guess T4 if you're unsure of the kill order. but you could probably run in and just hit whatever you felt like and still do well. lol. i hate the echo buff. removed all challenge in those. =/

Yeah I did T2 last night and it was cake too. I don't mind echo buff, what I don't like is the auto echo buff. If you're genuinely having a hard time and keep wiping then give echo, but don't just give 15% at the start for no reason.

wish people would man up and do T2 the way its supposed to be done. its not even that hard =/ people just learned a way to cheat their way through it, and so they'll flock to that method...sad.

What do you mean? Are you saying that the enrage timer way is the cheat or the other method? We did the enrage timer method and just threw up Ballad half way through and prayed the heals kept us alive lol Oh and I did T4 last night too. We wiped the first time cause the healers got housed by a bunch of bugs nobody picked up. Second time we got it though. Got some earrings for my BLM. I already had the Hero's Earrings so it isn't much of a difference but still nice. I loved that those enemies were straight out of FFXIII too :P

#1308 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:
@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky I gave T1 a shot today and it went fairly smoothly. Had a few people explain things and it wasn't too bad. Sadly no gear dropped for me. I definitely think I could farm for some though. And yeah I guess I could do PF to get past the EXs but since I'm gonna have to do them all again with my LS anyway I might as well wait it out. And that's actually pretty funny what you did on Titan. A dick move, but funny.

yeah, with the echo T1 is really easy. wasn't that tough before either, but now its just a joke. imo, the only one that actually is wipe-able is T5. i guess T4 if you're unsure of the kill order. but you could probably run in and just hit whatever you felt like and still do well. lol. i hate the echo buff. removed all challenge in those. =/

Yeah I did T2 last night and it was cake too. I don't mind echo buff, what I don't like is the auto echo buff. If you're genuinely having a hard time and keep wiping then give echo, but don't just give 15% at the start for no reason.

wish people would man up and do T2 the way its supposed to be done. its not even that hard =/ people just learned a way to cheat their way through it, and so they'll flock to that method...sad.

What do you mean? Are you saying that the enrage timer way is the cheat or the other method? We did the enrage timer method and just threw up Ballad half way through and prayed the heals kept us alive lol Oh and I did T4 last night too. We wiped the first time cause the healers got housed by a bunch of bugs nobody picked up. Second time we got it though. Got some earrings for my BLM. I already had the Hero's Earrings so it isn't much of a difference but still nice. I loved that those enemies were straight out of FFXIII too :P

enrage is. it avoids all the mechanics of the fight. yeah, i love how even the mechanics of the clockworks were basically the same as in XIII.

#1309 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

@starwarsjunky: Hey bro, did you hear about this ? Friends and players honor deceased FFXIV player with in-game memorial

@MethodManFTW: Getting this new Full-Time Gig and working a second job on the side has been a drag I will admit. But the income is great. This morning I got lucky and had a fresh rise to get some things for my mom for mothers day and then chillax and play BF4 on PS4 (looks so good. My first PS4 title finally) and then Spec Ops:The Line for PS3. I kept hearing spec ops was so good. So I got it for 5.00 and decided to check it out

yeah man. work. :(

Spec Ops is awesome!

#1310 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: Yeah I am on ch.4 now. Spec Ops is great

@starwarsjunky: It was nicely done how they went about that. Tbh it makes me interested to play it. You never heard of WOW doing that.

#1311 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

Danny's The point was good this week. Had me laughing hard.

#1312 Edited by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

I do that all the time. Worked 12 hour shifts the last 7 days in a row plus a meeting. I clocked 85.5 hours this week. Doesn't help I worked mid nights all week. Finished those Friday morning and today Saturday I had to work morning screwed me up so tired.

Geez man. Are you in business marketing or something ? It's not any of my business so please excuse me, but wow at those hours you're putting in

#1313 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
#1314 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

FINALLY beat Gaurda EX. I was stuck on that thing for months. Next up is big bad Titan. What sucks though is that my one friend went to bed early last night so he missed it, so we're gonna have to do Garuda again with him so he can unlock Titan. Oh well. Got a ring for my PLD too. When the challenge log resets tomorrow I'm all in with leveling my GLD so I'm hoping to get it there win another 2 weeks. I'm already 23 so decent headstart. Oh yeah and I got an allagan body piece too for it when we did T1. I now have a full i70+ set for my PLD as soon as I hit 50. i90 body, i90 ring, i80 ring, and i70 everywhere else. Gonna try and farm Moogle King for the sword so I can use that until I get my Curtana.

#1315 Edited by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

Dr.Dre has made one of the smartest moves ever. . . Sold beats for 3.2 billion to apple (and will get paid for any additional changes or upgrades) and is now receiving a senior position at the company smh. While other businessmen were jumping all around the place trying to keep their forbes status, Dre just keeps it simple and goes over in just steps. . . Amazing.

#1316 Edited by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

@Young_Charter: Ok bro... A lot of stuff going on. My bro has been in the hospital for 2 weeks but he is doing better now. He's getting his strength back. Besides that all is well.

#1317 Edited by ryrulez (11603 posts) -

good episode of game of thrones this week. the stannis and davos scene was great, pretty hilarious foreshadowing.

#1318 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Man... I am really digging Shadowrun Returns so far.. Cyberpunk so kawaii.

#1319 Edited by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

@Terrencec06: A lot has been going on for me as well. Good to know your brother is okay, I know hearing family going through their share is quite stressful.

#1320 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -

@Young_Charter: naw. I work in a pipe mill, we make pipe for oil and natural gas (shale) I work in Lab checking chemistries of heats and tensile strengths. I normally work 6 days on (12 hours) then 3 days off. I rotate 6am to 6pm for 6 days then when I come back 6pm to 6am and so on. One guy took a day off so I had to cover it on one of my days off. It sucks if someone takes a week off for vacation. I had to work 14 days in a row before last year.

#1321 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

good episode of game of thrones this week. the stannis and davos scene was great, pretty hilarious foreshadowing.

Yep. And Peter Dinklage totally killed it at the end. That was the Imp I've been dying to see. Masterful.

#1322 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

Oh boy MS is trying to step up there game. Kinectless xone and free game for xone with live w/ gold.

Next month is going to be interesting.

#1323 Edited by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

Bout time they release the X One without that stupid Kinect. I might actually consider buying one now. Still not enough exclusives for it yet but if they can come out with more that interest me I'd be willing to give it a shot.

#1324 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Bout time they release the X One without that stupid Kinect. I might actually consider buying one now. Still not enough exclusives for it yet but if they can come out with more that interest me I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I'm sure I'm going to want to play Quantum Break... Maybe Sunset Overdrive? But yeah, needs more at the moment.. I still regret buying a PS4 at this point.

#1325 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

FINALLY beat Gaurda EX. I was stuck on that thing for months. Next up is big bad Titan. What sucks though is that my one friend went to bed early last night so he missed it, so we're gonna have to do Garuda again with him so he can unlock Titan. Oh well. Got a ring for my PLD too. When the challenge log resets tomorrow I'm all in with leveling my GLD so I'm hoping to get it there win another 2 weeks. I'm already 23 so decent headstart. Oh yeah and I got an allagan body piece too for it when we did T1. I now have a full i70+ set for my PLD as soon as I hit 50. i90 body, i90 ring, i80 ring, and i70 everywhere else. Gonna try and farm Moogle King for the sword so I can use that until I get my Curtana.

grats and good luck! lol. seriously, though its not *too* much different from hard mode. just everything is amped up a lot. landslides now come in 3 (and at times 5) directions instead of just 1. a lot more plumes(everyone should be stacking tight on his butt for them), the gaols now trap 2 people(healer and dps). healer needs to run to the back ASAP. dps shoves his nose in titan's crack. upheaval(which comes with the gaols). everyone put their noses in his crack for this INCLUDING the mt at the time, mountain buster(table flip) now is done throughout the entire fight, not just post heart. and they put a stacking debuff on the tank everytime he uses it. so you will need to do tank swaps at approx 2 stacks. and do them at safe times. this fight has a large reliance on the tanks to do their jobs. there's 2 options for the swaps. before the buff, our groups usually swap at the first jump, the landslide after the 2nd stack, and the upheaval after the 2nd stack. now, we do it during every upheaval the tank will have to take 3 stacks this method. but its cleaner swaps. if your tanks/healers are good enough, i highly recommend this method. oh, there's also a couple times(post heart) where mini titans(egis) will spawn. the warrior should pick these up. have a butcher's block charged and hit the first egi(9:00) with it. then run over to the 2nd(3:00) and overpower. use overpower/steel cyclone as needed to keep aggro. these use land slide as well, which need to be dodged. when they die, they leave a sludge puddle behind, so its best to finish them close to each other timewise(think T1). during this, there's also a (x/+) bomb pattern that needs to be dodged. stand on the last set that spawns, then when the first set explodes, run to the 2nd. egi tank will have to be on his game during this part. its rough, to say the least. there's other(different) bomb patterns throughout as well. some are the same as what you've seen in hm. but theres other new ones as well. other than the +/x pattern, theres a pattern that covers 3/4 of the area. just stand in the empty area. also, there's "superbombs" that you'll see post-heart. for this, its similar to the "clock" bombs, but they all drop at the same time. which means they explode at the same time. which means to avoid wiping, you pick a bomb(typically the 9:00) and dps it asap. this gives you a safe spot. get to the very edge to not die. and thats it. not too bad, right???

#1326 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

So I've been playing a bunch of Splinter Cell: Blacklist lately to get ready for Watch Dogs... Blacklist is really fucking good. Wish people played that game on PC... I'd really like to do all the co-op stuff.

I remember I was initially so bummed out by Ironsides recasting but I didn't even remember this was a new Fisher until like 5 hours in this time.. Also, I figured out Kobin has the same voice actor as Adam Jensen.. This is like my third time through Blacklist and I think I have played through Conviction like 10000000 times so I can't believe I hadn't put that together already.. He had a throw away line of dialogue that was "Yeah... ...whatever" and I was like holy shit Adam Jensen said that! :P I miss Ironside as Fisher but the new guy plays the role pretty damn well too. I doubt I'll feel the same way about Metal Gear.

Speaking of Metal Gear... people make fun of MGS canon but Splinter Cell canon is waaaaaaay worse at this point.. Blacklist being a sequel to Conviction makes zero sense at all because he is waaaaaaay younger in Blacklist... I don't really get hung up on that stuff anymore though. Games are fun so....

stream of conscious.

#1327 Edited by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: Did any of the Splinter Cell's even related to each other in a sense ? I bought the collection to catch up on the series in order to enjoy blacklist, but I was so upset that Conviction was 360 exclusive. Kind of ruins the big multiplat chain they've had going on for so long. The only Splinter Cell I officially completed was the first one when Nikolov was the villian.

@starwarsjunky: Good lawd that was the longest post ever. I wish I had more time bro. I seriously would've dived in and played with you already. I would consider spending some cash on the side (The collector's edition looks so cool) to play it but I know I would only have so much time.

@Texas2089: Bro for some reason I thought you had the xbone already. But I don't blame how you feel about it. Thats how I feel with the PSVita slim being out now finally for 199.99 with an 8gb memory card. I could probably catch up with plenty of PS1 titles with it once I probably decide to grab it.

#1328 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -

naw. I work in a pipe mill, we make pipe for oil and natural gas (shale) I work in Lab checking chemistries of heats and tensile strengths. I normally work 6 days on (12 hours) then 3 days off. I rotate 6am to 6pm for 6 days then when I come back 6pm to 6am and so on. One guy took a day off so I had to cover it on one of my days off. It sucks if someone takes a week off for vacation. I had to work 14 days in a row before last year.

Sounds pretty good though bro. I mean, I know it is a pain that you have to put in a lot of work hours, but I am sure it pays off. I would love to work 12hrs a day and get 3 days off.

#1329 Edited by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

@starwarsjunky: Good lawd that was the longest post ever. I wish I had more time bro. I seriously would've dived in and played with you already. I would consider spending some cash on the side (The collector's edition looks so cool) to play it but I know I would only have so much time.

haha yeah, was a bit wordy. gotta make time, yo!

#1330 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

And that's a wrap on Blacklist. I forgot how that ended.. The "exercise fifth freedom" moment for Briggs is so bad ass.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead Season 2 hit today.. Definitely gonna play that.. Finally got caught up on Season 2 after losing my save file a few weeks ago.

#1332 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13112 posts) -

#1333 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -
#1334 Posted by Young_Charter (19830 posts) -
#1335 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

grats and good luck! lol. seriously, though its not *too* much different from hard mode. just everything is amped up a lot. landslides now come in 3 (and at times 5) directions instead of just 1. a lot more plumes(everyone should be stacking tight on his butt for them), the gaols now trap 2 people(healer and dps). healer needs to run to the back ASAP. dps shoves his nose in titan's crack. upheaval(which comes with the gaols). everyone put their noses in his crack for this INCLUDING the mt at the time, mountain buster(table flip) now is done throughout the entire fight, not just post heart. and they put a stacking debuff on the tank everytime he uses it. so you will need to do tank swaps at approx 2 stacks. and do them at safe times. this fight has a large reliance on the tanks to do their jobs. there's 2 options for the swaps. before the buff, our groups usually swap at the first jump, the landslide after the 2nd stack, and the upheaval after the 2nd stack. now, we do it during every upheaval the tank will have to take 3 stacks this method. but its cleaner swaps. if your tanks/healers are good enough, i highly recommend this method. oh, there's also a couple times(post heart) where mini titans(egis) will spawn. the warrior should pick these up. have a butcher's block charged and hit the first egi(9:00) with it. then run over to the 2nd(3:00) and overpower. use overpower/steel cyclone as needed to keep aggro. these use land slide as well, which need to be dodged. when they die, they leave a sludge puddle behind, so its best to finish them close to each other timewise(think T1). during this, there's also a (x/+) bomb pattern that needs to be dodged. stand on the last set that spawns, then when the first set explodes, run to the 2nd. egi tank will have to be on his game during this part. its rough, to say the least. there's other(different) bomb patterns throughout as well. some are the same as what you've seen in hm. but theres other new ones as well. other than the +/x pattern, theres a pattern that covers 3/4 of the area. just stand in the empty area. also, there's "superbombs" that you'll see post-heart. for this, its similar to the "clock" bombs, but they all drop at the same time. which means they explode at the same time. which means to avoid wiping, you pick a bomb(typically the 9:00) and dps it asap. this gives you a safe spot. get to the very edge to not die. and thats it. not too bad, right???

Yeah, we're fucked lol That seems like a ton to handle, and while i like my friend, he can make some bonehead moves sometimes. In a fight that's very intensive on tanks doing their jobs, it could (and probably will) spell disaster. But hey, we wasted 2 whole static nights on Garuda (about 2 hours each time) and didn't beat her and it took us another half an hour the other night so I'm fully expecting this to take a number of tries to beat him. Probably a few weeks. It definitely helped that we got a new guy in our LS a few weeks ago. When we beat Ultima we only had 7 people and were down a DPS and the DF happened to give us a BRD from Behemoth so we talked to him afterward and he joined our LS. His strategy was actually what pushed us over the edge on Garuda so hopefully he can help with Titan too lol

Also any advice you can give for tanking? With the challenge log resetting I started leveling my GLD again today. Did my roulette and got Halatali and had a bit of trouble with holding aggro on larger mobs. Single target I got down and we didn't have any issues on bosses whatsoever, but some of the larger mobs throughout I lost threat a couple times. Part of it may have been rust since I haven't played my GLD in probably 4-5 months but I'm sure most of it is just that I've only really tanked 2 dungeons before so I have no idea what I'm doing lol Do I just spam Flash the entire time or what? Are there any good cross class skills I should be taking from MRD too that might help? I just hit 25 so I have 5 cross class right now. Right now I have Fracture, Bloodbath, and Foresight. Also have Cure and Invigorate for now but obviously I lose Invigorate at 30. My MRD is only 15 and I really don't wanna level it until I hit 50 but if there's an immediate skill I should be getting I might just go ahead and do it now.

#1336 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

I'm sure I'm going to want to play Quantum Break... Maybe Sunset Overdrive? But yeah, needs more at the moment.. I still regret buying a PS4 at this point.

Quantum Break definitely interests me but I could care less about Sunset Overdrive. And the lack of games on PS4 is exactly why I still haven't bought one yet. Definitely getting a PS4 later though, Xbox we'll see. Also yay on TWD. Seems like forever ago that Episode 2 came out.

@Young_Charter Noooooo. Maybe you were thinking 360 since I had one of those for like 7 years, but I sold it months ago lol The Kinect was one of the biggest reasons I didn't buy an Xbox. It was $100 more than the PS4 with a peripheral I would have just thrown out the window. Now that they're offering the system without it and made the price the same as the PS4 I might consider buying one. But again, needs more games.

#1337 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

Yeah, we're fucked lol That seems like a ton to handle, and while i like my friend, he can make some bonehead moves sometimes. In a fight that's very intensive on tanks doing their jobs, it could (and probably will) spell disaster. But hey, we wasted 2 whole static nights on Garuda (about 2 hours each time) and didn't beat her and it took us another half an hour the other night so I'm fully expecting this to take a number of tries to beat him. Probably a few weeks. It definitely helped that we got a new guy in our LS a few weeks ago. When we beat Ultima we only had 7 people and were down a DPS and the DF happened to give us a BRD from Behemoth so we talked to him afterward and he joined our LS. His strategy was actually what pushed us over the edge on Garuda so hopefully he can help with Titan too lol

Also any advice you can give for tanking? With the challenge log resetting I started leveling my GLD again today. Did my roulette and got Halatali and had a bit of trouble with holding aggro on larger mobs. Single target I got down and we didn't have any issues on bosses whatsoever, but some of the larger mobs throughout I lost threat a couple times. Part of it may have been rust since I haven't played my GLD in probably 4-5 months but I'm sure most of it is just that I've only really tanked 2 dungeons before so I have no idea what I'm doing lol Do I just spam Flash the entire time or what? Are there any good cross class skills I should be taking from MRD too that might help? I just hit 25 so I have 5 cross class right now. Right now I have Fracture, Bloodbath, and Foresight. Also have Cure and Invigorate for now but obviously I lose Invigorate at 30. My MRD is only 15 and I really don't wanna level it until I hit 50 but if there's an immediate skill I should be getting I might just go ahead and do it now.

honestly, theres a lot going on but its not quite as bad as it sounds. a lot of it the tanks don't do a lot for. but its still a (very) tough fight. in our fc, there's people that have twintania down like its nothing, but struggle immensely against titan. the best advice i can give you for him is to relax when you're fighting him, and avoid tunnel mode. if you're using voice chat, be vocal. esp during the tank swaps.

gld/pld is rough on groups of 3+. what i did was start with 2-3 flashes to grab aggro, then from there i'd do the riot blade combo on the #1 target, flashing after every cycle of the combo. it seemed to work somewhat well. this is why when i'm healing i prefer warriors. they may get hit a little harder, but i know they won't be losing aggro assuming they're half decent. sadly, there's nothing cross-class that'd help you with hate. for cross-class, i'd recommend(in this order) foresight,stoneskin, bloodbath, mercy stroke, and fracture. invigorate is kinda pointless on pld, as they shouldn't have tp issues. these are all from pld's actual cross classes. if you don't put foresight, ss,bb as the first 3, you could lose them when you get synced down. cure is pretty pointless on pld. its too little to be worth anything once you're at like level 20, since your mind stat is so low. instead, when you have solid hate, you can stoneskin yourself for extra mitigation. protect is useless, unless you're doing solo content.

#1338 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

honestly, theres a lot going on but its not quite as bad as it sounds. a lot of it the tanks don't do a lot for. but its still a (very) tough fight. in our fc, there's people that have twintania down like its nothing, but struggle immensely against titan. the best advice i can give you for him is to relax when you're fighting him, and avoid tunnel mode. if you're using voice chat, be vocal. esp during the tank swaps.

gld/pld is rough on groups of 3+. what i did was start with 2-3 flashes to grab aggro, then from there i'd do the riot blade combo on the #1 target, flashing after every cycle of the combo. it seemed to work somewhat well. this is why when i'm healing i prefer warriors. they may get hit a little harder, but i know they won't be losing aggro assuming they're half decent. sadly, there's nothing cross-class that'd help you with hate. for cross-class, i'd recommend(in this order) foresight,stoneskin, bloodbath, mercy stroke, and fracture. invigorate is kinda pointless on pld, as they shouldn't have tp issues. these are all from pld's actual cross classes. if you don't put foresight, ss,bb as the first 3, you could lose them when you get synced down. cure is pretty pointless on pld. its too little to be worth anything once you're at like level 20, since your mind stat is so low. instead, when you have solid hate, you can stoneskin yourself for extra mitigation. protect is useless, unless you're doing solo content.

Ok so maybe I didn't so as bad as I thought I did then if it's tough for GLD/PLDs to hold that many enemies. I never lost my main target and other than the very first pull of the dungeon (like I said I was rusty) I usually managed to get them back after some work. As for cross-class, the only reason I have Invigorate now is because in long drawn out boss FATEs TP consumption can be issue for me. Same with Cure. I only have it for solo FATE grinding. From what I have unlocked right now I think I have the best setup. I know Stoneskin is good, but I don't wanna bother leveling my CNJ right now since that's the next class I'm leveling after GLD anyway (cannot wait to the shitshow of me trying to heal) I figure Stoneskin can wait. How immediate would you say Mercy Stroke is? Is it something I should absolutely have right away or do you think I could hold out until I get this to 50 and then go back for it?

#1339 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

Ok so maybe I didn't so as bad as I thought I did then if it's tough for GLD/PLDs to hold that many enemies. I never lost my main target and other than the very first pull of the dungeon (like I said I was rusty) I usually managed to get them back after some work. As for cross-class, the only reason I have Invigorate now is because in long drawn out boss FATEs TP consumption can be issue for me. Same with Cure. I only have it for solo FATE grinding. From what I have unlocked right now I think I have the best setup. I know Stoneskin is good, but I don't wanna bother leveling my CNJ right now since that's the next class I'm leveling after GLD anyway (cannot wait to the shitshow of me trying to heal) I figure Stoneskin can wait. How immediate would you say Mercy Stroke is? Is it something I should absolutely have right away or do you think I could hold out until I get this to 50 and then go back for it?

mercy stroke stroke isn't a showstopper at all. mostly just because theres nothing else useful. lol. in the more drawn out fights, just use flash occasionally and you'll be fine for tp. its good to use anyway since it can inflict blind(one of gld's traits).

#1340 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

Agents of SHIELD finale was pretty dope.. Samuel L Jackson was really good, cool to see him on TV too.

Some pretty major implications for the cinematic universe... Coulson is the new director of SHIELD. :O

#1341 Posted by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

mercy stroke stroke isn't a showstopper at all. mostly just because theres nothing else useful. lol. in the more drawn out fights, just use flash occasionally and you'll be fine for tp. its good to use anyway since it can inflict blind(one of gld's traits).

Yeah it can wait then lol I managed to go from 23 all the way to 30 today and unlocked PLD. Now I only have 3 cross class so I'm using Foresight, Bloodbath, and Fracture to start. I did try a few more dungeons and they went much better. I found that rotating targets using my Fast Blade>Savage Blade> Rage of Halone combo seemed to help a lot with holding mobs. IE, Flash 2-3 times to start, go through the combo on the first target a few times, Flash again a couple more times, switch targets, go through combo again, Flash again, go through combo, etc.. Seemed to work much better and I barely lost an enemy for even a couple seconds. It's taking some work but I think I'm starting to get the hang of tanking.

#1342 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

Yeah it can wait then lol I managed to go from 23 all the way to 30 today and unlocked PLD. Now I only have 3 cross class so I'm using Foresight, Bloodbath, and Fracture to start. I did try a few more dungeons and they went much better. I found that rotating targets using my Fast Blade>Savage Blade> Rage of Halone combo seemed to help a lot with holding mobs. IE, Flash 2-3 times to start, go through the combo on the first target a few times, Flash again a couple more times, switch targets, go through combo again, Flash again, go through combo, etc.. Seemed to work much better and I barely lost an enemy for even a couple seconds. It's taking some work but I think I'm starting to get the hang of tanking.

yeah, its a lot easier when you get RoH. i was just telling you the rotation i used before that. lol.

#1343 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -

@Young_Charter: yea I do well. Make good money and get good bonuses on top of that. I think I made more money in last 20 months I been working here than I did the 5 years I worked at last job combined.

Going from midnights to days it's like 4 days off, but going days to midnights it's only like 2. The rest of the People are going to 4 days on 4 days off in July. I don't think we have a 4th person yet for 4 crews for my job though.

#1344 Posted by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

these hoes aint loyal

#1345 Edited by MethodManFTW (25509 posts) -

So I got the Skrillex record from this year yesterday and Chance the Rapper has a feature on it. :O

Definitely my favorite track on it so far... But that is probably because it's the only one I've listened to so far.

#1346 Posted by ryrulez (11603 posts) -

Far Cry 4: idk, the bad guy's white this time?

#1347 Edited by Texas2089 (16435 posts) -

Yeah idk what to think about a white bad guy either. We saw how sucky the white bad guy was in Far Cry 3...

#1348 Posted by ryrulez (11603 posts) -

ngl, i totally forgot there was a white bad guy in 3.

just thought it was funny after the imperialistic tones of 3.

#1349 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

Next gen Far Cry sounds so good though.

#1350 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69792 posts) -

Look at what we can look forward to