The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#1151 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, Captain America: Winter Soldier was pretty great. Probably the second best Marvel movie.

Avengers your first?

also, you don't play the souls games, eh?

#1152 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

O wow, Xbox One coming to China in September. That is gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, I imagine.

#1153 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@anime_gamer007 said:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, Captain America: Winter Soldier was pretty great. Probably the second best Marvel movie.

Avengers your first?

Yeah, Avengers is probably number one but man, the more I think about it I don't know. Winter Soldier was so good.

And yeah, I play the Souls games but I'm gonna get Dark Souls II down the line when it's cheaper. Too busy right now to get into that game.

#1154 Edited by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@anime_gamer007 said:

Avengers your first?

Yeah, Avengers is probably number one but man, the more I think about it I don't know. Winter Soldier was so good.

And yeah, I play the Souls games but I'm gonna get Dark Souls II down the line when it's cheaper. Too busy right now to get into that game.

Ah, gotcha. Couldn't remember if you played DS1 or DS.

Yeah, Winter Soldier was awesome. Thinking about watching it again.. It really does blow my mind how well it is integrated with the SHIELD tv show.

#1155 Posted by LightR (17437 posts) -

Tomorrow I'm leaving for British Colombia. So happy to be leaving campus behind. Exams were killer.

#1156 Edited by LightR (17437 posts) -

I want to play Bannerlord already.

#1157 Edited by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

@LightR said:

Tomorrow I'm leaving for British Colombia. So happy to be leaving campus behind. Exams were killer.

I've heard BC has some killer stuff of its own. :P

#1158 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@anime_gamer007 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@anime_gamer007 said:

Avengers your first?

Ah, gotcha. Couldn't remember if you played DS1 or DS.

Yeah, Winter Soldier was awesome. Thinking about watching it again.. It really does blow my mind how well it is integrated with the SHIELD tv show.

I just really dug the whole paranoid spy story, I never realized how perfectly that fits Captain America's character. And those action scenes were some of best of any blockbuster movie in the past 5 years or so. Just a really well put together movie.

#1159 Edited by LightR (17437 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@LightR said:

I've heard BC has some killer stuff of its own. :P

Only thing I know of is that it has one of those highways which should never be hitchhiked on. I have to beat a grizzly bear in a melee brawl and chop down a twenty-year-old tree in one swing to be allowed in the province tomorrow so that is all I got on my mind. I think I can manage, since their ten-year-olds seem to be able to do it... Although, they are released into the wild at the age of eight and only the strong ones come back to be tested...

#1160 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

So I'm watching tonight's Agents of SHIELD and about 36 minutes into it there is a huge CG scene and I swear you can hear a steam message notification. It's really muffled but I swear it is there!

Really great show though.. The first half of the season is pretty lackluster but it is pretty much by design because shit couldn't really pop off until Winter Soldier.

#1161 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@anime_gamer007 said:

Avengers your first?

I saw Capt America this past weekend as well. It was a very good movie. Didn't see that one coming.

#1162 Posted by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

So Daylight gets a 3 out of 10. . . Wow.

Anyways. . . @Terrencec06 I am still thinking about getting BF4 for PS4 this saturday, its just that its april already and Gamestop is bound to have a buy 2 get one free coming up soon. Either way, I could just renew my poweruprewards membership and the moment I get the email I could just do my shopping from there. The only three games I really do want that I know will last me a good bit until the real games come out are Dynasty Warriors, FFXIV, and of course BF4. But there is no way I will get a chance to get FFXIV used. I could go with MGS5GZ or Infamous SS but I heard they're both terribly short... Shit, I might just go to the store and get Second son or Ground Zeroes today and play the shit out of both of them and then send them back lol

Yeah... It's really bad. My review is all written, I just need to edit it and post it by tonight. Game is pretty bad though. It is basically Jump Scare The Video Game.

I can't believe it. We were so hype for it. . Kinda

#1163 Edited by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

Bought the Dark Souls 2 guide.. Now it, the Dark Souls 1 guide, and a Colbert book will be the only three books I own. Suck on that Michelle Obama. :P

#1164 Posted by Denji (12757 posts) -

Wow, I disappear for a while, come back and the only thing that's changed is the layout. I can't believe this thread is still going and some of you guys are still here. How goes it everyone?

#1165 Edited by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

@Denji said:

Wow, I disappear for a while, come back and the only thing that's changed is the layout. I can't believe this thread is still going and some of you guys are still here. How goes it everyone?

I remember you. Your the guy who had that Street Fighter Avatar

#1166 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

Started Child of Light, pretty decent game so far. I actually like the combat system. Took a little getting used to.

#1167 Posted by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

I think I am going to take advantage of that Golden Week PSN sale. I can get Tales of Symphonia chronicles for 10.00, Armored Core Verdict Day for 5.00, MGS Rising for 15.00, and grab Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger for both each 3.49. Not bad if you ask me.

#1168 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

hi guise

#1169 Edited by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/1/5673218/turtle-rock-community-manager-josh-olin-twitter-donald-sterling

That sucks. That is really, really crazy. Wonder if he is gonna sue Turtlerock.

--------------

Watching the Child of Light quick look. I've been hearing people say how beautiful that game was for months now but I've never actually seen it until now. What a good looking game! Bummed it doesn't have any loot though.. Good loot and an interesting story are two things I really need in an RPG.

#1170 Posted by Texas2089 (16438 posts) -

I think I am going to take advantage of that Golden Week PSN sale. I can get Tales of Symphonia chronicles for 10.00, Armored Core Verdict Day for 5.00, MGS Rising for 15.00, and grab Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger for both each 3.49. Not bad if you ask me.

ToS for $10? Sold. Also for any of you guys with a Vita, Muramasa Rebirth for $7.50. Buy that shit.

#1172 Edited by Texas2089 (16438 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/1/5673218/turtle-rock-community-manager-josh-olin-twitter-donald-sterling

--------------

Watching the Child of Light quick look. I've been hearing people say how beautiful that game was for months now but I've never actually seen it until now. What a good looking game! Bummed it doesn't have any loot though.. Good loot and an interesting story are two things I really need in an RPG.

And yet another example of watch what you say on social media.

Also is anyone else having problems with their posts showing up? I posted earlier and it didn't show up so I posted it again but then it said I posted too many times in a row. I refreshed a little later and it was posted twice. Now when I deleted the second one it's still showing up...

#1173 Edited by emoticedmar (352 posts) -

this CoD Advanced Warfare thing, it's like Killzone + Titanfall with Crysis technology hahaha LOL.. smh. kevin spacey ain't gonna change something.

#1174 Edited by kweeni (10883 posts) -

*kicks door open and enters the 7th edition of The Laid Back Lounge*

Wow, it's been a while. Just wanted to say that the Lounge hit its 5th anniversary 13 days ago(april 19th) so congratulations lol. Quite impressive, didn't think the Lounge would last that long. I see the old guys are still posting here aswell. Not bad. :P

Good luck with reaching the big 10 some day.

#1175 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69909 posts) -

wow, that is big

#1176 Posted by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

ToS for $10? Sold. Also for any of you guys with a Vita, Muramasa Rebirth for $7.50. Buy that shit.

I don't have a vita unfortunately. But I do plan on getting one soon.

#1177 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

Man I kinda want to pick up the MGS collection for the Vita and PS3. Terrible right? I want the vita version for portability but I also want to play Peace Walker.

#1178 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

@Terrencec06: transfarring! :P

@MethodManFTW said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

--------------

And yet another example of watch what you say on social media.

Also is anyone else having problems with their posts showing up? I posted earlier and it didn't show up so I posted it again but then it said I posted too many times in a row. I refreshed a little later and it was posted twice. Now when I deleted the second one it's still showing up...

I haven't noticed it happening to myself lately but I did see it happening to you last night.

#1179 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69909 posts) -

Man I kinda want to pick up the MGS collection for the Vita and PS3. Terrible right? I want the vita version for portability but I also want to play Peace Walker.

no it's not, i bought FFX for both. If you like it, then buy it

#1180 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

Got my Playstation Now beta code finally. Months after I sold my PS3. -___-

Oh well, excited for Now to finally roll out to PS4 and Vita.. I need to play Beyond!

Hi kweeni!

#1181 Edited by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

Got my Playstation Now beta code finally. Months after I sold my PS3. -___-

Oh well, excited for Now to finally roll out to PS4 and Vita.. I need to play Beyond!

Hi kweeni!

I want it :) lol...

@kweeni said:

*kicks door open and enters the 7th edition of The Laid Back Lounge*

Wow, it's been a while. Just wanted to say that the Lounge hit its 5th anniversary 13 days ago(april 19th) so congratulations lol. Quite impressive, didn't think the Lounge would last that long. I see the old guys are still posting here aswell. Not bad. :P

Good luck with reaching the big 10 some day.

10th anniversary ? Holy shit... I better had gotten some things done by then.. lol

#1182 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13114 posts) -

Holy shit. This dude's lyrics are serious business.

#1183 Edited by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: I haven't listened to him since 2008. I heard I am missing out. I like that track tho

#1184 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13114 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@MrSelf-Destruct: I haven't listened to him since 2008. I heard I am missing out. I like that track tho

I never heard of the dude. Someone posted this on Reddit, and I was surprised by his lyrics. Figured I'd share.

#1185 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69909 posts) -

Watcha guys playing?

#1186 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -
#1187 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69909 posts) -
#1188 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13114 posts) -
#1189 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride: dahk souls 2

Are you from Boston? lol

was channeling my affleck batman.

but no, dark souls 2 is not very hard. the difficulty of the souls games is so overblown, sure the games aren't actively easy, but they definitely aren't super difficult.

#1190 Posted by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

I never heard of the dude. Someone posted this on Reddit, and I was surprised by his lyrics. Figured I'd share.

I enjoyed it bro. You gave me a reason to give him a chance. Like how Meth gave me a reason to give Chance the rapper a chance. lol

#1191 Posted by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

This is my new jam. I heard it on a WSHH video where some euro-chick walks around town with just body painted jeans and pretty much no one notices but one dude.. Now usually videos on youtube will have tons of people asking in the comments what song is playing in a video but NO ONE in the WSHH comments asked so I had to download Shazam and see what the name of the song was.

Love it tho! Put it on where I was drinking last night and my friends didn't have the same reaction.. Oh well, all these rednecks hate EDM anyway. -__-

#1192 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13114 posts) -

I liked it. My cat didn't, though. That little bish skedaddled before the first "OH-oh-oh-ooohhh"

#1193 Posted by Texas2089 (16438 posts) -

This is my new jam. I heard it on a WSHH video where some euro-chick walks around town with just body painted jeans and pretty much no one notices but one dude.. Now usually videos on youtube will have tons of people asking in the comments what song is playing in a video but NO ONE in the WSHH comments asked so I had to download Shazam and see what the name of the song was.

Love it tho! Put it on where I was drinking last night and my friends didn't have the same reaction.. Oh well, all these rednecks hate EDM anyway. -__-

Naturally I had to look up this video, and I can say that I would do... things... to her butt. That was kinda creepy how that one guy was following her though... The song isn't half bad. I listened to it here and didn't think much of it but when I watched the video on WSHH it kinda grew on me.

#1194 Edited by Texas2089 (16438 posts) -

Have any of you PS4 guys played Child of Light yet? The game looks beautiful. Wondering if it's any good.

#1195 Edited by MethodManFTW (25525 posts) -

It's crazy that half the comments on the video are like "that chick has no ass".. -___-

I haven't played Child of Light.. I definitely buy it at some point but not having any loot definitely lessened my excitement for the game.

#1196 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13114 posts) -

I'm really interested in Child of Light. I looks like a game my baby girl could watch me play (which she enjoys more than TV). But as you say, it doesn't sound as great without a loot system. I'm really feigning for another game like South Park... but one my kid can watch.

#1197 Posted by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

I love loot games. Especially skyrim. Sucks when you get full though :(

#1198 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13114 posts) -

Seriously, I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but I will spend 50% of my time in-game looking at stats and managing inventory. If there's a character editor you can go back to whenever you want, I'll spend another 25% screwing around with that. You could literally make a game where all you do is fight one guy over and over just to get loot and gear to become more proficient at fighting him, and I would play the shit out of it. Actually, that's kinda what Infinity Blade and Blood & Glory are like. I love those games. lol

#1199 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13114 posts) -

So what you dudes think of Game of Thrones last night? To me, it was as uneventful as last week's, but Hodor made up for it. I hate how I knew that was going to happen just by watching the recap before the show. Also, Lysa Arryn freaks me out. She's scarier than the Others.

#1200 Posted by Young_Charter (19832 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

Seriously, I don't know why I enjoy it so much, but I will spend 50% of my time in-game looking at stats and managing inventory. If there's a character editor you can go back to whenever you want, I'll spend another 25% screwing around with that. You could literally make a game where all you do is fight one guy over and over just to get loot and gear to become more proficient at fighting him, and I would play the shit out of it. Actually, that's kinda what Infinity Blade and Blood & Glory are like. I love those games. lol

Lately I've been playing tomb raider. Kind of far from the heavy looting system, but I like it. They've done a great job with this project.