The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#1102 Posted by supa_badman (16629 posts) -

been trying to max out my party on ffx to face penance

good lord is this tedious. feels good to dish out 99999 dmg regularly though

#1103 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -

How do you guys deal with disrespect, when somebody devalues your integrity? I really wish they made a book you could smack people with and "make them see the light".

#1104 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -

I'm really thinking of picking up Bravely Default for the Summer.

#1105 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71757 posts) -

@supa_badman said:

i don't know if i am going to bother with that. I really love the game, but some of those trophies are just so tedious

#1106 Edited by emoticedmar (352 posts) -

@LightR: Just don't be with them? I guess..

ahhh it's good to be back at LBL.. ^_^

what's bugging me is that why suddenly loss of employees in the naughty dog company... :?

#1107 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

turn 5(twintania) is such a fun fight. we got like 4 or 5 wins on it last night. and i got my axe to drop! that thing is freakin sexy! =D

We're finally gonna start a static group night in our Linkshell so we're setting aside Thursday nights as our 8-man night so hopefully we can finally start on Coil. Just about all of us haven't finished the EX primals yet though so we may end up doing those first. I'm not exactly sure what we're doing this week but it'll be good to have a static night that way we can start getting more of this stuff done.

awesome. Turns 1-4 are crazy easy with the echo buff. and even moreso with the increase from last night's patch. you still need to know the mechanics, but they aren't too bad that way. i'm really disappointed they didn't do anything to help with getting the animus. i'm ok with it taking quite a while, but this is a little too much.

Yeah my friend told me they bumped it up to 15%. Crazy. And I'm still nowhere even close to getting my Atma weapon, let alone Animus. I only have 3 atma so far lol Is there any fast way to farm these things?

just to do the fates. and thats the easy part. lol. i've got 4 of my books completed, still need 5 more. these things take 1500 myth just to freakin get =/

Yeah I don't even know if I'm gonna bother going for animus lol I really don't even have the patience to farm FATEs for the atma right now so taking a break. Finally started leveling my Archer and I'm really enjoying it more now. It felt tedious getting it to 15 for my BLM so I hadn't touched it in months but I know I need Quelling Strikes so figured it was time to go for that so I started working on it again the other day. Once I hit about 18 things seemed to start picking up and I'm really liking it. I had originally planned to just get it to 34 and call it a day but I definitely wanna get this to 50 now. Good thing is since I already have all my myth gear for my BLM I can use all my myth for my BRD now (not worrying about saving up for the books till I get close to atma weapon) so I'm hoping by the time I get to 50 I can have my full AF2 set or at least most of it. I'm at like 700 myth now so I should have the body piece by tonight. I've been slacking on my soldiery this week so I'm only at 167 for the week so i'll just do my roulette and a few Bray runs tonight and tomorrow and I should be capped out.

#1108 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@supa_badman said:

I'm so disappointed with how little FFX I've played since it came out. I was so stoked to replay it but for whatever reason I haven't spent nearly enough time on it. I'm still only at the blitzball cup in Luca. I lost the match so I turned it off to try again later and haven't picked up since. I know you don't have to win it but I'm anal like that lol Really need to get back to it but I've been addicted to FFXIV lol Plus I finally started going back to the gym again so I don't have a ton of free time right now. I do eventually plan on going for the Plat on that but I know it is going to be a serious grind. I've never completed the Sphere grid before and not looking forward to it. The best I've done was have every character max their own portion with a little bit of extra stuff. Not to mention all the annoyances that come with the Celestial Weapons (fucking lightning), the Dark Aeons, Nemesis, and Penance. Yeah, not gonna be a fun Plat to get.

#1109 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

I'd rather be in Drangleic.

#1110 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@emoticedmar said:

@LightR: Just don't be with them? I guess..

ahhh it's good to be back at LBL.. ^_^

what's bugging me is that why suddenly loss of employees in the naughty dog company... :?

who knows man... though i think the people saying uncharted 4 development isn't effected by this at all are pretty damn funny. there have only been 3 names ever attached to Uncharted 4, and those 3 people are all gone! I'm sure Uncharted 4 will be a fine product but it is definitely undergoing some changes.

#1111 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

been doing some of the side stuff in dark souls 2 (you don't immediately get chucked into ng+ at the end of the game) and the pilgrims of dark covenant is pretty cool. there's a boss at the end of the quest line who is hard as fuck and it costs an effigy every time you want to fight him! seems like one of the best bosses so strange to be side content.

#1112 Edited by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

been doing some of the side stuff in dark souls 2 (you don't immediately get chucked into ng+ at the end of the game) and the pilgrims of dark covenant is pretty cool. there's a boss at the end of the quest line who is hard as fuck and it costs an effigy every time you want to fight him! seems like one of the best bosses so strange to be side content.

effigies confused me yesterday.. I used to use humanity so i could turn human and summon others, but now when you reverse hollow you can't summon anyone?

my mage doesn't do very much damage... i see the faith dudes doing way more damage with their lightning bolts.

#1113 Posted by supa_badman (16629 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@supa_badman said:

I'm so disappointed with how little FFX I've played since it came out. I was so stoked to replay it but for whatever reason I haven't spent nearly enough time on it. I'm still only at the blitzball cup in Luca. I lost the match so I turned it off to try again later and haven't picked up since. I know you don't have to win it but I'm anal like that lol Really need to get back to it but I've been addicted to FFXIV lol Plus I finally started going back to the gym again so I don't have a ton of free time right now. I do eventually plan on going for the Plat on that but I know it is going to be a serious grind. I've never completed the Sphere grid before and not looking forward to it. The best I've done was have every character max their own portion with a little bit of extra stuff. Not to mention all the annoyances that come with the Celestial Weapons (fucking lightning), the Dark Aeons, Nemesis, and Penance. Yeah, not gonna be a fun Plat to get.

levelling up is a lot easier in this one than i remember.

i remember that xp was split up between members, but now i think everyone gets full xp. makes grinding a whole lot easier. and yeah. i got everyone's celestial weapon except lulu's. i actually just managed to customize her weapon to break dmg limit. fuck lightning dodging

#1114 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@supa_badman said:

@Texas2089 said:

@supa_badman said:

i remember that xp was split up between members, but now i think everyone gets full xp. makes grinding a whole lot easier. and yeah. i got everyone's celestial weapon except lulu's. i actually just managed to customize her weapon to break dmg limit. fuck lightning dodging

heh, i have a buddy that just got 200 dodges a few days ago. not worth it

#1115 Edited by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

effigies confused me yesterday.. I used to use humanity so i could turn human and summon others, but now when you reverse hollow you can't summon anyone?

my mage doesn't do very much damage... i see the faith dudes doing way more damage with their lightning bolts.

summing works the same as it did in ds1, have to be human etc., but to become human you don't burn an effigy at a bonfire, like you did with humanity, you just use one.

#1116 Edited by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

getting absolutely bodied by the darklurker.

#1117 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

summing works the same as it did in ds1, have to be human etc., but to become human you don't burn an effigy at a bonfire, like you did with humanity, you just use one.

AHHHHHHH, ok. That would explain it.

What class are you playing? You aren't on PC right?

#1118 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -

I feel like Warband has the biggest open ended campaign ever. This is taking so long to take over towns. It's been a year and I'm in control of one major town.

#1119 Edited by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

AHHHHHHH, ok. That would explain it.

What class are you playing? You aren't on PC right?

Ha, I did the same thing early on.

I think I chose a warrior? I'm straight melee using a greatshield and a halberd. I'm like level 150 at the end of ng, haha. And yeah on PS3. Not sure whether I'm gonna play ng+ on ps3 or wait for the pc version to drop in price.

#1120 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@ryrulez: Dumb question about what class you choose.. Been so long since I've started a character from scratch I forgot class doesn't really matter. I think I'm like level 40-50 at the moment.. Mage just feels so weak but I'm gonna keep truckin.. I have a pretty good fire damage bonus.. Need to find that fire sword brad and vinny were talking about.

#1121 Posted by commonfate (12387 posts) -

Okay, I'm actually leaving in a few hours now. Just gotta come back and say that Metal Gear 2 would have been an AMAZING game if it wasn't for the insane amount of backtracking and that damn swamp area. Still, nice to finally go back and experience the originals on the MSX.

Also, this comment is like every jumbled thought about the MGS series put into words finally.

#1122 Edited by commonfate (12387 posts) -

Also, dexterity ninja-ish builds are the greatest in the Souls series

I ain't got no time to pussy around with healing or magic.

#1123 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Okay, I'm actually leaving in a few hours now. Just gotta come back and say that Metal Gear 2 would have been an AMAZING game if it wasn't for the insane amount of backtracking and that damn swamp area. Still, nice to finally go back and experience the originals on the MSX.

Also, this comment is like every jumbled thought about the MGS series put into words finally.

Where you going?

#1124 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@supa_badman said:

@Texas2089 said:

@supa_badman said:

I thought in the original game it was full XP for all party members who participated in battle. Maybe it was split though. Idk. Good to hear that's it's easier to level though. I'm still early enough where I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference but by end game I'm sure I'd notice.

#1125 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@commonfate said:

u suk

#1126 Posted by commonfate (12387 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@commonfate said:

u suk

I do. I'm stuck at Anor Londo with my shitty ass Ninja build and can't advance no matter where I turn. Prolly just gonna start over for some kind of spellsword.

#1127 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@commonfate said:

u suk

I do. I'm stuck at Anor Londo with my shitty ass Ninja build and can't advance no matter where I turn. Prolly just gonna start over for some kind of spellsword.

Hahaha. Fuck the Anor Londo archer brothers, man.

I really dig the connections between 1 and 2.

#1128 Edited by commonfate (12387 posts) -

I just got a notification for responding to my own comment. ????

#1129 Posted by commonfate (12387 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@commonfate said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@commonfate said:

u suk

Hahaha. Fuck the Anor Londo archer brothers, man.

I really dig the connections between 1 and 2.

It ain't even the archers man. All the armor makes my slashing attacks weak as fuck. Fighting each individual knight takes so long. Plus I maxed out the saber instead of turning it into a holy or lightning weapon... So ye, I could fix it but I kinda want to do a different build anyways.

#1130 Edited by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Just watch The Bourne Identity for the first time...and it kinda just seemed like a generic action spy thriller that couldn't make up its mind between being a Hollywood action movie and a more gritty thriller. Anyone know if the sequels are any better?

#1131 Posted by emoticedmar (352 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: yeah, even the one who was involve in the development for Uncharted 4 left and joined an indie company. if I heard correctly.

#1132 Edited by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

I've never watched a decent amount of any of the Bourne movies.

Also, fuck magic in dark souls 2, starting a new character. Good bye gouki, hello akuma. I think it's pretty neat that on PC you see the names of other players actual character and not just their gamer tag or psn id.

#1133 Edited by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@commonfate: yup. Cool new bug eh

#1134 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: You got the ring of binding yet? You'll want that.

#1135 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Lol. I've had that comment saved since it was posted. He sums them up quite nicely. I wish he would do one for each character.

#1136 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@ryrulez: no.. I should just YouTube where it is. I even saw brad or someone get it but I can't remember where.

#1137 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71757 posts) -

@commonfate said:

I just got a notification for responding to my own comment. ????

it's really annoying

#1138 Posted by Terrencec06 (3539 posts) -

LOL they are talking about announcing the driveclub release date.

Got that Resogun Plat. That game is so awesome. It's funny how much of it I didn't understand. I had no clue what the meant by "Keeper detected"

#1139 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

Well, fellas, I think it's safe to say that Game of Thrones is no longer following the books. There were several major departures last night.

Also, Ser Pounce has been accounted for. Though, I'm not sure Tommen gave a shit at that moment.

#1140 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Well, fellas, I think it's safe to say that Game of Thrones is no longer following the books. There were several major departures last night.

Also, Ser Pounce has been accounted for. Though, I'm not sure Tommen gave a shit at that moment.

Heh, yeah. That chick is super fine too.

But yeah, I've never read the books but I read a lot of outrage that the WW reveal is actually a huge spoiler for the books. lulz

Also, holy shit Dark Souls 2 continues to be amazing.. So nice to have a video game that is more than a singular ~8 hour experience.

#1141 Edited by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

was a pretty boring episode of game of thrones, tbh. all set up. though, natalie dormer >>>>>

#1142 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

was a pretty boring episode of game of thrones, tbh. all set up. though, natalie dormer >>>>>

Yup. People seem pissed about the WW spoiler, but I was more annoyed with how uneventful it was even with these crazy changes.

#1143 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Yeah they're deviating a lot now from what I've read. Just of the top of my head:

• I definitely do not remember anything about Margaery visiting Tommen late at night.
  • I don't remember anything about Jon deciding to make a raiding party to go north and kill the deserters. Maybe he does decide to go kill them in A Dance With Dragons that I haven't read yet, but even if he did, it definitely wouldn't have anything to do with telling Mance since by the end of A Storm of Swords Mance has already launched his assault on The Wall and been captured by Stannis.
  • Bolton's guy showing up to infiltrate The Wall. Another thing I just might not have read yet.
  • Then what happened with Bran, maybe I just didn't read it yet, but it definitely hasn't happened thusfar.
  • Brienne and Pod setting out together. She just kind of stumbles upon him in the books. This change I actually agree with since it definitely speeds things up there.
  • And of course the thing with the baby at the end.

Not sure if all these changes are a good thing or a bad thing. In one respect I like that I hopefully won't have as much of the books spoiled for me, but on the other hand I would like it follow as closely as possible so I can see things played out the way I read them. And if these things are just spoiling things in the bigger picture that we'll find out in later books that haven't been released yet then I will be PISSED.

#1144 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Yeah they're deviating a lot now from what I've read. Just of the top of my head:

• I definitely do not remember anything about Margaery visiting Tommen late at night.
  • I don't remember anything about Jon deciding to make a raiding party to go north and kill the deserters. Maybe he does decide to go kill them in A Dance With Dragons that I haven't read yet, but even if he did, it definitely wouldn't have anything to do with telling Mance since by the end of A Storm of Swords Mance has already launched his assault on The Wall and been captured by Stannis.
  • Bolton's guy showing up to infiltrate The Wall. Another thing I just might not have read yet.
  • Then what happened with Bran, maybe I just didn't read it yet, but it definitely hasn't happened thusfar.
  • Brienne and Pod setting out together. She just kind of stumbles upon him in the books. This change I actually agree with since it definitely speeds things up there.

Not sure if all these changes are a good thing or a bad thing. In one respect I like that I hopefully won't have as much of the books spoiled for me, but on the other hand I would like it follow as closely as possible so I can see things played out the way I read them. And if these things are just spoiling things in the bigger picture that we'll find out in later books that haven't been released yet then I will be PISSED.

Absolutely none of these things happen in the book. None. Theon's stuff made sense, because they were trying to keep up with him chronologically. It makes sense the way they simply paired Brienne and Pod at King's Landing. It's much more plausible. But none of what Jon, Bran, and Bolton are doing seems to have any more purpose than simply attempting to make things more interesting. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of that from here on out. I doubt GRRM will let them spoil future books, though.

#1145 Edited by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

So Daylight gets a 3 out of 10. . . Wow.

Anyways. . . @Terrencec06 I am still thinking about getting BF4 for PS4 this saturday, its just that its april already and Gamestop is bound to have a buy 2 get one free coming up soon. Either way, I could just renew my poweruprewards membership and the moment I get the email I could just do my shopping from there. The only three games I really do want that I know will last me a good bit until the real games come out are Dynasty Warriors, FFXIV, and of course BF4. But there is no way I will get a chance to get FFXIV used. I could go with MGS5GZ or Infamous SS but I heard they're both terribly short... Shit, I might just go to the store and get Second son or Ground Zeroes today and play the shit out of both of them and then send them back lol

#1146 Edited by Terrencec06 (3539 posts) -

Just bought Child of Light.... can't wait to give that one a try.

#1147 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Absolutely none of these things happen in the book. None. Theon's stuff made sense, because they were trying to keep up with him chronologically. It makes sense the way they simply paired Brienne and Pod at King's Landing. It's much more plausible. But none of what Jon, Bran, and Bolton are doing seems to have any more purpose than simply attempting to make things more interesting. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of that from here on out. I doubt GRRM will let them spoil future books, though.

Well good to know that it's not spoilers, it's just all new stuff. And yeah I do think we'll start seeing the writers take a lot more liberty with what happens because of how long it's taking GRRM to write the books. The TV show is gonna catch up at some point and they're probably just gonna go off in their own direction to end it. We may already be seeing the start of that.

#1148 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

So Daylight gets a 3 out of 10. . . Wow.

Anyways. . . @Terrencec06 I am still thinking about getting BF4 for PS4 this saturday, its just that its april already and Gamestop is bound to have a buy 2 get one free coming up soon. Either way, I could just renew my poweruprewards membership and the moment I get the email I could just do my shopping from there. The only three games I really do want that I know will last me a good bit until the real games come out are Dynasty Warriors, FFXIV, and of course BF4. But there is no way I will get a chance to get FFXIV used. I could go with MGS5GZ or Infamous SS but I heard they're both terribly short... Shit, I might just go to the store and get Second son or Ground Zeroes today and play the shit out of both of them and then send them back lol

Yeah... It's really bad. My review is all written, I just need to edit it and post it by tonight. Game is pretty bad though. It is basically Jump Scare The Video Game.

#1149 Posted by MethodManFTW (25746 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

Just bought Child of Light.... can't wait to give that one a try.

Let us know what you think, that game looks pretty damn cool.

#1150 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, Captain America: Winter Soldier was pretty great. Probably the second best Marvel movie.