The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#951 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

Ah Joffrey's wedding. The episode all Game of Thrones fans have been waiting for since the very first episode. Gotta say they did a pretty good job with it.

Yes. It was glorious. My wife cried tears of joy. Wicked, wicked joy...

I kinda feel bad for people who haven't watch it yet though. Facebook is blowing up with people spoiling it like assholes. Instead of something along the lines of, "OMG I can't believe that just happened on GoT", it's more like, "OMG I'm so glad Joffrey is finally dead.". Like, not everyone gets to watch something the second it airs. I already knew what was gonna happen since I read the book so it doesn't really affect me, but I know a friend of mine watches it during the 11:00 showing so I can only hope she was smart enough to avoid social networks. If not then she can thank the assholes for ruining it for her.

I would like to vent though that they are STILL including Theon in the show even though his shit doesn't take place until the FIFTH book, and where they ended Bran's story last season is all we see of him until the FIFTH book as well. STOP SPOILING SHIT I HAVEN'T READ YET HBO. I could understand if they wanted to (and fully expect them to) do the events of Books 4 and 5 together since they're both running concurrent of each other and are essentially 2 halves of the same book, but when this season is supposed to be focusing on the second half of A Storm of Swords they shouldn't be including stuff from later books.

Yep. That's why I made my wife watch it lastnight instead of Tevo'ing it like she usually does.

As far as fifth book events happening early, the events of Feast of Crows and Dance with Dragons overlap, so really, these plot lines should start next season at the latest. I believe they're just getting things underway a little early so they don't have to cram it in later. And seriously, read DwD before next season. They are going to have to run those books at the same time or it won't make sense. God knows Cersai's bullshit from FoC would make shitty TV anyway.

Yeah I know A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons run concurrent so I fully expected them to put them together in the show next season. I already knew to make sure I had it read before next season, I just dislike that they're getting into it now. I could understand a jumpstart towards the end of the season to kind of lead into the next season, but the way things seem to be going they're gonna wind up going through Theon's entire story arc in seasons 3 and 4 which is gonna spoil that entire part of the book for me. Then what's gonna happen to him next season? GRRM STILL hasn't finished the 6th book so they're gonna go through this entire thing and then the character is just gonna fall off the face of the earth for a few seasons since there's nothing more that they can tell about him. Unless of course he died somewhere during A Dance With Dragons. Then they could kill him off the show and that's that. No idea how far they'll go with Bran either but considering it's only 1 season worth of going ahead and not 2 like Theon I'm hoping it doesn't spoil too much. And yeah I know what you mean about Cersei lol She's really gone off the deep end in A Feast for Crows.

I feel they probably kept up with Theon the whole time so people didn't forget about him and the Bolton story arc. That's some pretty important stuff, I think, and GRRM just kind of stops talking about it for an entire book and then some. I actually appreciate that the show is trying to keep all the important stuff relevant and cutting all the fluff (thank god they aren't spending the first 5 minutes of every scene describing everyone's breakfast lol). I'll tell you what really ticks me off, though. The fact that Bronn took Ser Ilyn's place in training Jaime. Ser Ilyn's cackles and silent taunts were instrumental in driving Jaime to remaster the sword and shut that mute bastard down. The inner dialog in those scenes was immense. I know it wouldn't have had the same impact on screen, but using ser Ilyn at least would have made more sense. They needed someone who wouldn't talk, right? Anyway, if you're worried about getting into the Bran stuff, you may want to go ahead and start reading. It looks like they're well underway.

Honestly I think a lot of the blame falls to GRRM for the way he went about telling Theon's story. Theon was presumed dead when Ramsay burned Winterfell, and for the entirety of books 3 and 4 you're left with that impression. It was a big shock to me when they had him back on the show last season since I didn't know anything about what happens to him in A Dance With Dragons. I'm not sure why he chose to write that arc as flashbacks in A Dance With Dragons instead of including it in A Storm of Swords, but it really throws the timeline of things off. But then like I said, what happens to Theon come next season? If they finish that entire story arc this season then there's no further story for Theon written yet so what do they do with the character? He'll be left forgotten anyway. There's no real way to avoid it because GRRM seems to be taking his sweet ass time writing the next book so it once again falls on him. As for Jaime, I think it's fairly obvious why they went with Bronn in the show. Bronn is a fan favorite and has much more personality than Ser Ilyn so it makes for better TV. That's one change that I actually think they made the right call on. I get what you're saying and agree to an extent, but I think in the end it's actually better for the show. And for Bran, I do still have some left to read in A Feast for Crows and then would still need to get a decent way into A Dance with Dragons so it's pretty much inevitable that I'm not gonna be able to get caught up to that in time which really saddens me.

#952 Posted by Terrencec06 (3540 posts) -

This MLB Show 14 live stream is decent. Game looks great. Might pick it up.

#953 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@Texas2089 I really started hating Bronn after a certain point.

I get why they made the change. But he's too scummy for such an honor.

Aw, who am I kidding? They're all scummy, right? lol

#954 Posted by RPGAddict4Ever (89 posts) -

#955 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

Can we get some PC drivers for the DS4 or Xbox One controller already... I have switched between the DS4 and the 360 controller about a million times already.. The DS4 is perfect on Titanfall, like absolutely perfect. But as far as every other game in existence, the DS4 performs relatively the same as a 360 pad.. But the 360 controller is hoooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiibbbbbllllllleeeeeeeee on Titanfall for PC.. I dunno if Bluepoint did extra work for the controller to function fine on the actual 360 version, but I feel like my character turns literally as slow as possible when I'm using a 360 pad on PC.

#956 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

Injustice pc on gmg for ten dollars today. -______-

#957 Posted by commonfate (12391 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

rekt

I know, applies to myself too

Also, I'm so gonna enter the NBA draft one day.

#958 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 I really started hating Bronn after a certain point.

I get why they made the change. But he's too scummy for such an honor.

Aw, who am I kidding? They're all scummy, right? lol

Lol yeah it wouldn't be GoT if they weren't all scummy.

#959 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Can we get some PC drivers for the DS4 or Xbox One controller already... I have switched between the DS4 and the 360 controller about a million times already.. The DS4 is perfect on Titanfall, like absolutely perfect. But as far as every other game in existence, the DS4 performs relatively the same as a 360 pad.. But the 360 controller is hoooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiibbbbbllllllleeeeeeeee on Titanfall for PC.. I dunno if Bluepoint did extra work for the controller to function fine on the actual 360 version, but I feel like my character turns literally as slow as possible when I'm using a 360 pad on PC.

That sounds like a sensitivity issue. There's gotta be a setting turned down that's making it turn so slow. Go into your control settings and see if you can get it fixed. But yeah I agree, they need to make official drivers for the X1 controller already. I wanna buy that Titanfall one :P

@MethodManFTW said:

Oh man what a deal! I feel bad for anybody that payed the full $40 for it. Good thing you waited for it to go on sale.

Oh and Batman Arkham Origins for $9. For those that have played it, do you think Origins will have any effect on Arkham Knight or is Rocksteady just gonna pretend it didn't exist?

#960 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Man, I think this is gonna be the year when I finally buy a fight stick with Ultra SSF4, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Guilty Gear Xrd coming out.

#961 Posted by commonfate (12391 posts) -
@anime_gamer007 said:

Man, I think this is gonna be the year when I finally buy a fight stick with Ultra SSF4, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Guilty Gear Xrd coming out.

Sounds like you'd get your time out of it. Plus, it should be supported for fighting games for the PS4 as well.

#962 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@commonfate said:
@anime_gamer007 said:

Sounds like you'd get your time out of it. Plus, it should be supported for fighting games for the PS4 as well.

I also just realized that those three plus Smash Bros account for the majority of games I plan on buying this year...weird how much my video game priorities have changed over the past few years.

#963 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

Oh and Batman Arkham Origins for $9. For those that have played it, do you think Origins will have any effect on Arkham Knight or is Rocksteady just gonna pretend it didn't exist?

I can't see any fathomable way that it would affect Arkham Knight. It's story is well contained. Here's the "movie" if you wanna watch it.

#964 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

I can't see any fathomable way that it would affect Arkham Knight. It's story is well contained. Here's the "movie" if you wanna watch it.

Cool. I'll save myself some money then :P

#965 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Texas2089 said:

Cool. I'll save myself some money then :P

Good call. While I enjoyed the game, I didn't see where they improved on the gameplay at all. Most encounters were just frustrating.

#966 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

I just bought a Chromebook because I'm really dumb. -__-

#967 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

I'm dying right now. This thing is hysterical. Never thought I'd see this side of Bigby.

#968 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

And one more.

#969 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -

I just finished the Breaking Bad finale. I don't know what was looking for from that, I know what I got though.

#970 Posted by Terrencec06 (3540 posts) -

I think I'm going to watch Lost again on Netflix

#971 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

Batman: Year One has always been my favorite Bat book. Turns out Robin: Year One, Catwoman: Year One, and Batgirl: Year One are all equally as awesome (well, not quite, but they're all great reads).

#972 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Batman: Year One has always been my favorite Bat book. Turns out Robin: Year One, Catwoman: Year One, and Batgirl: Year One are all equally as awesome (well, not quite, but they're all great reads).

Year One is also my favorite Batman story and from my limited exposure to comics in general, it's my favorite. I prefer the darker, slightly more grounded Batman stuff compared to the crazy supernatural stuff and outlandish plots. I really loved the two narratives with Gordon and Bruce Wayne as they both realize how much of a shit hole Gotham is. Gordon's side is especially great and man, it gets fucking dark there for a bit. I kinda wish the Nolan movies would have explored Gordon more but those movies are so heavily focused on Bruce Wayne and the villain, it would clutter the movie.

#973 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@anime_gamer007 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Year One is also my favorite Batman story and from my limited exposure to comics in general, it's my favorite. I prefer the darker, slightly more grounded Batman stuff compared to the crazy supernatural stuff and outlandish plots. I really loved the two narratives with Gordon and Bruce Wayne as they both realize how much of a shit hole Gotham is. Gordon's side is especially great and man, it gets fucking dark there for a bit. I kinda wish the Nolan movies would have explored Gordon more but those movies are so heavily focused on Bruce Wayne and the villain, it would clutter the movie.

I think that's what I enjoy most about these Year One books. They're all very simplistic yet carry a lot of weight. And man, when Batman Begins was first announced, I had my fingers crossed for a Year One adaptation. I wasn't completely disappointed, but the movie missed a lot of what made Year One so convincing... like his relationship with Gordon.

#974 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

Ubisoft giving away Nexus 7 tablets to everyone who goes to a Watch Dogs preview event... Why do companies continue to do this? I can't imagine anyone actually gets the tablet and thinks oh man, have to give watch dogs a 10/10 now.

#975 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

My life is so far from perfect and I'm not the smartest dude around by a long shot, but how the fuck do articles like these get written?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/04/15/female-goper-ladies-love-the-wage-gap.html

Woman enjoying getting paid less? aoksdjfk;ajfk;adjfakdfja;dkfja;dkf

#976 Posted by Terrencec06 (3540 posts) -

My Co-worker is quitting on me, :( but it's kinda like a promotion so I'm happy for her. Only bad part is I have to support a whole hospital by myself until they hire someone. The hiring process here is brutal.

#977 Posted by commonfate (12391 posts) -
@MethodManFTW said:

My life is so far from perfect and I'm not the smartest dude around by a long shot, but how the fuck do articles like these get written?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/04/15/female-goper-ladies-love-the-wage-gap.html

lol GOP lol

#978 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

Watching last nights Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D... That is turning into a really good show. In this episode they say Agent Ward is a better spy than Agent Romanoff. :O

#979 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

C'mon, dude. You can't possibly be surprised by this. The only thing gender-equal in the GOP is how fucking crazy they are.

#980 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@LightR said:

I just finished the Breaking Bad finale. I don't know what was looking for from that, I know what I got though.

I loved that show man . . How did you like it ?

@Terrencec06 said:

I think I'm going to watch Lost again on Netflix

I heard it was pretty good. Guess I should check it out if you're giving it another go. I plan on giving Entourage a second run again. And good luck at the hospital man.

#981 Posted by commonfate (12391 posts) -

Aw yis, 4 day weekend. Gonna try to play through Okami HD start to finish and start on my new 3-day split as well.

#982 Posted by commonfate (12391 posts) -

Also, all anime peeps

Show in the sig, check it

Writer/Creator - Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass

Director - Fate/Zero, Ga-Rei Zero

Composer - Fullmetal Alchemist, Ga-Rei Zero, BOKU NO PICO

This summer

Hype level - Hyped!

#983 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

Just finished South Park.. What a cool little game. Makes me actually want to check out the show... but probably not.

#984 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Just finished South Park.. What a cool little game. Makes me actually want to check out the show... but probably not.

Yeah, it got me on a South Park kick for a second. I didn't even make it through the first season before I lost interest. Great game, tho.

#985 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Yeah, it got me on a South Park kick for a second. I didn't even make it through the first season before I lost interest. Great game, tho.

I wouldn't binge on South Park and I certainly wouldn't start with the first season. The stuff from like 2004-2005 onwards is all pretty great, it's one of those shows that has gotten better over time.

#986 Posted by Terrencec06 (3540 posts) -

@Young_Charter: Thx. Lost is good but they just leave a lot of stuff unanswered.

#987 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71794 posts) -

son of a... Does anyone have any good advice on getting their voice back? I have the flu, i got the fever stuff overwith. I am still having a rough time getting my voice back though

#988 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Also, all anime peeps

Show in the sig, check it

Writer/Creator - Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass

Director - Fate/Zero, Ga-Rei Zero

Composer - Fullmetal Alchemist, Ga-Rei Zero, BOKU NO PICO

This summer

Hype level - Hyped!

Sounds good. Remind when it starts.

#989 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

son of a... Does anyone have any good advice on getting their voice back? I have the flu, i got the fever stuff overwith. I am still having a rough time getting my voice back though

drink some hot tea?

#990 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

cant freakin wait for brawlhalla. got me a beta key from PAX =D its an awesome smash brothers game, but on PC. was a lot of fun!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291550/

#991 Edited by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

@anime_gamer007 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

I wouldn't binge on South Park and I certainly wouldn't start with the first season. The stuff from like 2004-2005 onwards is all pretty great, it's one of those shows that has gotten better over time.

As someone who has never really seen an episode of the show what season would you recommend to start with?

#992 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
@starwarsjunky said:

cant freakin wait for brawlhalla. got me a beta key from PAX =D its an awesome smash brothers game, but on PC. was a lot of fun!

It'd be even cooler if it was actually had a bunch of PC-centric characters to play as; like Geralt, Gordon Freeman, Chell, JC Denton, Nomad from Crysis, Raynor and Kerrigan, Guybrush and LeChuck, the monster from Amnesia, the entire cast of Team Fortress 2....

They should make it moddable...

#993 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:
@starwarsjunky said:

It'd be even cooler if it was actually had a bunch of PC-centric characters to play as; like Geralt, Gordon Freeman, Chell, JC Denton, Nomad from Crysis, Raynor and Kerrigan, Guybrush and LeChuck, the monster from Amnesia, the entire cast of Team Fortress 2....

They should make it moddable...

would be awesome, but i don't see them getting the permission to use any well-known IP's. valve's being one of the few possible exceptions. that said, i love the viking vibe it has going for it. but it looks like they have a lot of plans for the future of the game. what you see now is just the ground level.

#994 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71794 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

drink some hot tea?

Doesn't seem to help much :(

#995 Posted by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

Hmm... Rumors are ABC is close to greenlighting a Sharon Carter TV show. Marvel-Disney takeover continues.

#996 Edited by MethodManFTW (25752 posts) -

If you aren't using it as anything more than a Google Chrome window, this Chromebook is fucking sexy. It is crazy how light it is.. Really love the design.

#997 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@anime_gamer007 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

As someone who has never really seen an episode of the show what season would you recommend to start with?

I just looked it up and yeah, I guess right 2004 is when the show really hit its stride so that's Season 8. The first episode of that season is "Good Times with Weapons" when the kids manage themselves as anime characters and fight...it's pretty good. Though like I said, I wouldn't binge on it. One or two episodes here or there.

#998 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

I spent my evening eating pizza and watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the first movie, while my 3D scene rendered...pretty good. That movie holds up surprisingly well.

#999 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8507 posts) -

Anyone here playing ffxiv on ps4. I have a lvl 10 lancer pretty fun but I am having a hard time finding my way around for quests and what not. I played wow for years and got used to how easy it was to play and find things so maybe I am spoiled.

#1000 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

Anyone here playing ffxiv on ps4. I have a lvl 10 lancer pretty fun but I am having a hard time finding my way around for quests and what not. I played wow for years and got used to how easy it was to play and find things so maybe I am spoiled.

i play on balmung(on PC). if you want to make a character on there, i'm usually willing to help.