The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#701 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69620 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: it's got to be Hush, it's not like it's Calendar Man or Deathstroke. A lot of the villains have been used in the last Origin game that weren't used earlier in the series

#702 Edited by LightR (17433 posts) -

Korean league best league.

#703 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

Lol, is that League or Dota?

Man... My best drinking buddy and ex-gf just got back from Israel and the first thing she talks to me about is banging israeli dudes... can you please not............

my feels :'(

#704 Edited by LightR (17433 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Man... My best drinking buddy and ex-gf just got back from Israel and the first thing she talks to me about is banging israeli dudes... can you please not............

It's League, after the biggest upset of the year probably. This guy got booted from the pro circuit and big tournaments 3 times by the same organization and he just beat their team to do it to them.

#705 Posted by LightR (17433 posts) -

Some SC2.

#706 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW said:

It's League, after the biggest upset of the year probably. This guy got booted from the pro circuit and big tournaments 3 times by the same organization and he just beat their team to do it to them.

Did you follow Team MRN at all? I've been a fan of Marn in fighting games for a long time but he has always been a scumbag.. Sounds like he was an even bigger scumbag in League.

#707 Posted by ryrulez (11602 posts) -

enemy in dark souls 2 who i hit for ages with seemingly nothing happening. then his life bar suddenly showed up and the i was only doing 16 damage per hit. really weird.

been two areas so far that i think will look amazing on the pc. they look great on the ps3, but y'know.

also, i've beaten like the last 5 bosses on my first try... last few areas have been pretty cool visually but the enemies have been pretty boring to fight or just annoying.

#708 Posted by LightR (17433 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Did you follow Team MRN at all? I've been a fan of Marn in fighting games for a long time but he has always been a scumbag.. Sounds like he was an even bigger scumbag in League.

Slightly. They were basically a flavour of the month team. Did well at the start, but ended the season in last. I don't know much about ClakeyD, other than he started working as the "cameraman" for professional games. I stopped watching the season his team played in then picked it up again right after.

#709 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

@LightR: Yeah it sounded like they disintegrated pretty quick with some of the players basically accusing Marn of stealing their money. Wouldn't put it past him.. Yeah ClakeyD is a gdlk dude. Super funny.

#710 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

holy fucking shit. i know i am about as LTTP as possible on this one but god damn Rap God goes fucking hard.

#711 Posted by ryrulez (11602 posts) -

You're Link to the Past?

#712 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

It is funny you say that.. Whenever I see someone else writer LTTP I never think "late to the party" but I think "Last Train to Paris"... Puff Daddy or P Diddy or whatever ran a huge social media promotion for that album.. LTTP will always be burned into my brain as Last Train to Paris.. I bet if I ever played Link to the Past as a child that would totally be my LTTP.

#713 Posted by Texas2089 (16428 posts) -

LTTP is definitely Link to the Past in my mind first. But yeah. Rap God is incredible. By far his best song in yeeeeears.

#714 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

Oh my god... lol...

there is a video on worldstar about mcdonalds that i can't link to but it is definitely worth watching. some people be crazy!

#715 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Speaking of LTTP I just watched The Departed for the first time.

jamesfranco.gif

#716 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Just watched that video on ws...

Yet another reason to avoid fast food.

#717 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69620 posts) -

So what's up people?

#718 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

Just watched that video on ws...

Yet another reason to avoid fast food.

Yet another reason to avoid Florida.

#719 Posted by Texas2089 (16428 posts) -

Lol just watched that McDonald's video. Bitches be cray.

jamesfranco.gif

Probably my favorite movie of all time. Soooo good.

#720 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Lol just watched that McDonald's video. Bitches be cray.

@whiskeystrike said:

jamesfranco.gif

Probably my favorite movie of all time. Soooo good.

It's up there for me but Good Fellas still reigns king. I never get tired of watching it.

#721 Edited by ryrulez (11602 posts) -

If you come across a lever in Dark Souls 2 with a bunch of signs telling you not to pull it... maybe don't.

Also, think I'm pretty close to the end, though I barely understand what I'm doing anymore, tbh.

#722 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Roaming around in Batman Arkham City beating up every thug in sight + Where the Hood At is real legit, yo.

#723 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

Ha. I've been wrecking shit in Batman Arkham Origins. Turn Down for What is my crime fighting track of the day.

Also, the Mass Effect comics suck balls. It's depressing to know that Mac Walters was given money in exchange for this bullshit.

#724 Posted by Young_Charter (19826 posts) -

Ugh so tired... Only One day off.. lol

#725 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

man, i think i played diablo 3 for basically the entirety of yesterday. what a good game (now).

#726 Posted by Terrencec06 (3441 posts) -

I hate going to my in-laws...... this weekend sucked.

#727 Posted by ryrulez (11602 posts) -

what the heck, eco.

#728 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -
#729 Edited by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

I think my favorite part of Rap God is the part about Fabo and Ray J.. Fabolous is probably my favorite rapper of all time (him or T.I., not method man.. i know wtf) Fab is so irrelevant now so it is doubly awesome to here him referenced in Ems best track in ages.

------------

Listened to OxyMoron over the weekend.. Can't remember if I talked about in here or not, but it is a great album.. Dunno if it Schoolboy Q's debut album or not, but it is pretty awesome.

-----------

Love Game is my second favorite song on MMLP2.

#730 Posted by starwarsjunky (24714 posts) -

FYI, the FF14 PS4 beta starts friday. The character you make is permanent.

#731 Edited by LightR (17433 posts) -

I can't decide which I want more.

#732 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

Ultra Rapid Fire LoL, of course. I'd love to play that.

#733 Posted by Terrencec06 (3441 posts) -

I think my favorite part of Rap God is the part about Fabo and Ray J.. Fabolous is probably my favorite rapper of all time (him or T.I., not method man.. i know wtf) Fab is so irrelevant now so it is doubly awesome to here him referenced in Ems best track in ages.

------------

Listened to OxyMoron over the weekend.. Can't remember if I talked about in here or not, but it is a great album.. Dunno if it Schoolboy Q's debut album or not, but it is pretty awesome.

-----------

Love Game is my second favorite song on MMLP2.

I'm a big fan of Fab too.... I hate his rap name though lol.... Soul Tape 3 was pretty hot.

I've waiting to hear a couple of peoples thoughts about Schoolboy Q album but no one around here has heard it. Might need to check it out.

#734 Edited by starwarsjunky (24714 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

lol sounds like its a real (temporary) thing. too bad LoL is bad or i'd try it out. =P

#735 Posted by starwarsjunky (24714 posts) -

Holy crap. homestarrunner updated?!?!

#736 Posted by LightR (17433 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

lol sounds like its a real (temporary) thing. too bad LoL is bad or i'd try it out. =P

I've just been playing it against bots and its super fun. Of course they can spam abilities faster than people so depending on what champions they get it might be more even. Spamming global ults is so fun.

#737 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69620 posts) -

Got my FFX HD for my Vita :D

#738 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

New speakers.. Yay!

How fast can I turn this new sub into mud?

#739 Edited by Texas2089 (16428 posts) -

I'm so tempted to buy the PS4 CE. I didn't buy it before since they only had the PC version the SE store but I really want that artbook :P

#740 Posted by starwarsjunky (24714 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

I'm so tempted to buy the PS4 CE. I didn't buy it before since they only had the PC version the SE store but I really want that artbook :P

i got the SE. dat fat chocobo is sexy =P

#741 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

got to level 70 in diablo 3! i like my crusader build. click click click click click click

#742 Edited by starwarsjunky (24714 posts) -

got to level 70 in diablo 3! i like my crusader build. click click click click click click

nerd alert!

#743 Posted by Terrencec06 (3441 posts) -

I started playing Stealth Inc. the other day, pretty cool game.

#744 Posted by ryrulez (11602 posts) -

Well that's Dark Souls 2 done. Ending's weird and the last boss is pretty lame.

On the whole not as good as Dark Souls 1 mainly due to the lack of connectivity between areas. Still a great game, though.

#745 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

On the whole not as good as Dark Souls 1 mainly due to the lack of connectivity between areas. Still a great game, though.

Every post you've made about it makes it sound like a real bummer. This lack of connectivity you speak of is the bummiest.

#746 Edited by ryrulez (11602 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

Every post you've made about it makes it sound like a real bummer. This lack of connectivity you speak of is the bummiest.

Ha, don't get me wrong I think it's a very good game. It's the best playing Souls game. It's a lot easier to experiment with weapons are the upgrading system is much more streamlined. It feels tighter in general, there's a fewer ways to cheese it, as a tank at least - no more estus chugging and no more back stab spam.

It feels a lot more like Demon's Souls in that each area feels very separate from the rest. So unlike Dark Souls 1 there's no cool moments like seeing Firelink from the roof you fight the Gargoyles on. It feels like less of a world. A lot of the areas in Dark Souls 2 are really rad and the quality of bosses is on par with the first game, I feel.

It just doesn't quite reach the same highs. There's no fight quite as good as Ornstein and Smough or Artorias. The build up to the final boss is pretty much devoid of tension and expectation unlike the run up to Gwyn. It's impossible to avoid these comparisons between the two, and Dark Souls 2 just come off worse, in part due to having to follow up on the first I'm sure. I like Dark Souls 2, but I love the first game.

#747 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13100 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@ryrulez said:

Ha, don't get me wrong I think it's a very good game. It's the best playing Souls game. It's a lot easier to experiment with weapons are the upgrading system is much more streamlined. It feels tighter in general, there's a fewer ways to cheese it, as a tank at least - no more estus chugging and no more back stab spam.

It feels a lot more like Demon's Souls in that each area feels very separate from the rest. So unlike Dark Souls 1 there's no cool moments like seeing Firelink from the roof you fight the Gargoyles on. It feels like less of a world. A lot of the areas in Dark Souls 2 are really rad and the quality of bosses is on par with the first game, I feel.

It just doesn't quite reach the same highs. There's no fight quite as good as Ornstein and Smough or Artorias. The build up to the final boss is pretty much devoid of tension and expectation unlike the run up to Gwyn. It's impossible to avoid these comparisons between the two, and Dark Souls 2 just come off worse, in part due to having to follow up on the first I'm sure. I like Dark Souls 2, but I love the first game.

I gotcha. Good, but not as good. #justsequelthangs

#748 Posted by MethodManFTW (25485 posts) -

My Diablo 3 Dude

I was getting a toooooooooooon of legendaries between level 60 and 69, but now at 70 I feel like the drop rate went back down. :'(

#749 Edited by LightR (17433 posts) -

I'm nearing 100 games on Steam. None of them interested me so I bought Trails Evolution Gold at FULL price. What is wrong with me?

#750 Posted by LightR (17433 posts) -

My Diablo 3 Dude

I was getting a toooooooooooon of legendaries between level 60 and 69, but now at 70 I feel like the drop rate went back down. :'(

That's badass. I'm just glad my mages clothes colour match atm lol. I thought of Sauron when I saw your mace and helmet, that amulet seems OP to me, a lvl 22.