The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#601 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I enjoyed GTAV a lot. I just completed almost everything and a little bit of time lol.

I am playing Online with my brother and his crew. So that's fun. I am doing some trophies for it aswell

#602 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride: I enjoyed GTAV a lot. I just completed almost everything and a little bit of time lol.

I am playing Online with my brother and his crew. So that's fun. I am doing some trophies for it aswell

Ahh Gotcha. Well I am off today, so if you guys want to play a bit im down.

#603 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

Ahh Gotcha. Well I am off today, so if you guys want to play a bit im down.

nah, i am at work, bored as crap

#604 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

Is it just me or is the Lounge already lagging behind in posts when you open it up?

#605 Posted by Ballroompirate (22788 posts) -

I absolutely detest shredded lettuce. It looks like an explosion of lettuce in my car.

I hate lettuce along with tomatoes and onions :3

#606 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

Finally finished Stick of Truth. I heard many comments on how short it is, but I was actually surprised at how much content there was. There's still a bunch of stuff I haven't done and things I haven't collected. Also, Canada is fucking awesome.

#607 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -
#608 Edited by LightR (17448 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

I absolutely detest shredded lettuce. It looks like an explosion of lettuce in my car.

What do you put on your Subway sub then? D:

#609 Posted by Ballroompirate (22788 posts) -

@LightR said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@whiskeystrike said:

What do you put on your Subway sub then? D:

Meat and cheese, do the same when I go to Jimmy Johns lol.

#610 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

@anime_gamer007 said:

Just watched Escape from LA for the first time, I totally get why so many people hate it. I fucking loved its absurdity. Escape from New York I genuinely enjoy, Escape from LA is like a guilty pleasure. It also has one of the most badass endings ever which makes up for a lot of not so great stuff. You guys with your Metal Gear Solid should watch Escape from New York if you haven't already since Snake Plissken is so obviously the main inspiration for Solid Snake and Big Boss.

Yeah, dude, I've loved those movies since I was a little kid. I lost my shit when Snake used the name Plissken in MGS2. Good times.

@Texas2089 I'm actually excited to be back in a huge city surrounded by tall ass buildings. They'll probably never make another AC game as cool as Black Flag, but hopefully it gave them an idea of what it takes to keep the series interesting.

I hope so. AC is easily my favorite new IP since the 360/PS3/Wii gen and as disappoint as AC III I've loved the rest of the series so I hope it can continue to get better. AC IV was definitely a big step in the right direction so hopefully they can take what they learned from that experience and better apply it to the next game to keep it fresh.

#611 Edited by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Finally finished Stick of Truth. I heard many comments on how short it is, but I was actually surprised at how much content there was. There's still a bunch of stuff I haven't done and things I haven't collected. Also, Canada is fucking awesome.

How long did it take you? My friend at work keeps going on about it and it sounds hilarious. I'm really looking forward to it.

@LightR: I told you it was gonna happen whether you made a new thread or not. Doesn't matter now since we already have this one, but I said this months ago when you were all first talking about making a new one lol

#612 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -
#613 Posted by yokofox33 (29544 posts) -

Yeah, Canada was amazing. There was a surprising amount of content for sure. Still a rather short game, but a good amount of quests and collectibles to find. I will say the game kind of ended abruptly though. Wasn't expecting the story to just wrap up that quickly.

#614 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

How long did it take you? My friend at work keeps going on about it and it sounds hilarious. I'm really looking forward to it.

I got a solid 20 hours out of it. I was taking my time, messing around with customization options and all that, but like I said, I still have some stuff to do. There's also the other builds that I definitely have to try. Every ability in the game is so unique, I don't want to miss any of them. It might not be very long for an RPG, but it's still not short by any means. I bet even if you ripped right through the main story, it'd still take you at least 10 hours or so.

Anyway, the game is bat shit crazy and fun from start to finish. I enjoyed it so much I started watching the show again. lol

#615 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

@LightR said:

Is it just me or is the Lounge already lagging behind in posts when you open it up?

It is, it's not just you

#616 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

I got a solid 20 hours out of it. I was taking my time, messing around with customization options and all that, but like I said, I still have some stuff to do. There's also the other builds that I definitely have to try. Every ability in the game is so unique, I don't want to miss any of them. It might not be very long for an RPG, but it's still not short by any means. I bet even if you ripped right through the main story, it'd still take you at least 10 hours or so.

Anyway, the game is bat shit crazy and fun from start to finish. I enjoyed it so much I started watching the show again. lol

Oh 20 hours is fine. I thought when people said it was short it was like 5-6 hour game lol I can deal with it. I'm a completionist and an explorer so I know I'll get plenty out of it.

#617 Posted by Terrencec06 (3517 posts) -

So yea inFamous is fun as hell.... The gameplay is perfect.... I like Seattle. Story so far is decent. Everyone seems to think the story is poo poo.

#618 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

Just watched a gameplay preview for Dragon Age Inquisition. I must say, I'm fucking floored. It's huge, it's gorgeous, and they brought back everything I missed from Origins, including customizable party members and tactical view. Just hoping the story holds up this time.

#619 Edited by Terrencec06 (3517 posts) -

Bahahahahaha

#620 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

Haha. The Justin Beiber gag was gold.

#621 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

DAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#622 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -
#623 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: Nice Sig man.

Thanks man. It's a few of my favorite characters from this...

It was a tough choice, because I love like 99% of these characters. I just realized how Terentino and Tim Burton heavy my choices are. lol

#624 Posted by Young_Charter (19870 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: Bro no shit man. The first one on the third row looks like Leeloo from The Fifth Element lol who Milla Jonovich acted as. But Jamie Foxx (Django), Steve Buscemi (Resovior Dogs) , Uma Thurman (Kill Bill), Samuel L Jackson (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown), and Johnny Depp(edward scissorhands) would be my fav under those two directors. .

#625 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
#627 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Finished A Link Between Worlds

The Good

• Visuals/animations are among the best on the 3DS
  • God-tier OST
  • Items are a blast to use
  • Absolutely no filler. The player sets the pace
  • Packed with mini-games, collectables, weapon upgrades, etc
  • Some very creative dungeons
  • No obsessive handholding or repeatedly telling you what the same items do

The Bad

• Boss fights in general are on the easy side
  • Have to finish the game to unlock Hero mode

I do have conflicting opinions in regards to general player progression. Part of me has really enjoyed being free from the start to use whatever items to progress as I see fit. However, another part of me also really likes the sense of reward and accomplishment from coming back to those opening areas and grabbing those elusive heart pieces and whatnot.

#628 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

I can't tell if inFamous Second Son had a good story, a great story, or a completely forgettable story.. It had some cool moments, but I was just so blunted I dunno if I didn't pay attention to/forgot a lot of the coolest moments.

i didn't like the second one to be honest. But this one looks a lot better

#629 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

Hey, is anyone playing Dark Souls II? Add me if you are.

PSN: Kerwan_ratchet

#630 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

@whiskeystrike: I think I'd really like a mixture of both when it comes to items in the next Zelda. It's really cool that have all those options at the start but I do wanna have that sense of progression that you get from collecting dungeon items as you progress. I also really liked the story in A Link Between Worlds, it's very simple but it worked on an emotional level for me, plus it has a last minute reveal that made me go "Of course!".

#631 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

Can't do one question in chemistry, goodbye 25%. This is why I like biology.

#632 Posted by Terrencec06 (3517 posts) -

I think I'll be going for the inFamous Second Son plat, seems like a lot of people are getting it easily.

#633 Posted by MethodManFTW (25664 posts) -

I think I'll be going for the inFamous Second Son plat, seems like a lot of people are getting it easily.

I was just running around the sandbox yesterday.. You get a power at the end of the campaign, it's pretty cool so I'm glad I still have stuff to do in the world.

#634 Posted by MethodManFTW (25664 posts) -

Any of you guys getting Reaper of Souls on PC? At first I was definitely getting it but now that I'm getting into FFX again I might hold off for awhile... I do really want to play the Crusader though..

#635 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

Any of you guys getting Reaper of Souls on PC? At first I was definitely getting it but now that I'm getting into FFX again I might hold off for awhile... I do really want to play the Crusader though..

eventually, i probably will...

#636 Edited by MethodManFTW (25664 posts) -

Facebook buys Oculus Rift for 2 billion and I can't Steam to launch.

Wtf

#637 Posted by MethodManFTW (25664 posts) -

and MS's TItanfall servers are down.

QQ bros. QQ

#638 Edited by Ballroompirate (22788 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

eventually, i probably will...

I was looking forward to buy RoS and Titanfall this month, but my motherboard decided to shat itself...

#639 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -
#640 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Facebook buys Oculus Rift for 2 billion

Well, fuck.

Oculus Rift will now be a marketing machine.

But at least I can see Grandma in 3D, right?

#641 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Well, fuck.

I wonder how Kickstarter backers feel. I don't get Kickstarter for the most part, it's like an investment without a return and no say in management. It's just bad money handling. You got indie devs who have no real idea what they're getting into. IMO they're just saturating the market - indie games are on the decline. Only about 0.1% of anything there deserves any attention when it comes to games.

If Sony plays this right they can act as the last gleaming hope for VR, although I don't believe the situation is bad at all.

#642 Posted by LightR (17448 posts) -

I just got the base game for $20. Leveling a mage, my friends seem to be going apeshit over the release though.

#643 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71397 posts) -

@LightR said:

Can't do one question in chemistry, goodbye 25%. This is why I like biology.

you mean the tests?

#644 Posted by MethodManFTW (25664 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MethodManFTW said:

I just got the base game for $20. Leveling a mage, my friends seem to be going apeshit over the release though.

It's fun! I have a level 60 monk and i think like a level 10 crusader now.

the game has improved sooooooo much since launch.

#645 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Huh, I didn't know that they added over the should aiming and crouch walking in the 3DS version of MGS3...I'm gonna have to get that shit.

#646 Posted by Ballroompirate (22788 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Well, fuck.

I wonder how Kickstarter backers feel. I don't get Kickstarter for the most part, it's like an investment without a return and no say in management. It's just bad money handling. You got indie devs who have no real idea what they're getting into. IMO they're just saturating the market - indie games are on the decline. Only about 0.1% of anything there deserves any attention when it comes to games.

If Sony plays this right they can act as the last gleaming hope for VR, although I don't believe the situation is bad at all.

FB will lose a lot of money if OR fails which if I was a betting man it will.

#647 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

DAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So the same people that did Fate/Zero are remaking Fate/Stay Night? If so then FUCK. YES.

#648 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

Finished A Link Between Worlds

The Good

• Visuals/animations are among the best on the 3DS
  • God-tier OST
  • Items are a blast to use
  • Absolutely no filler. The player sets the pace
  • Packed with mini-games, collectables, weapon upgrades, etc
  • Some very creative dungeons
  • No obsessive handholding or repeatedly telling you what the same items do

The Bad

• Boss fights in general are on the easy side
  • Have to finish the game to unlock Hero mode

I do have conflicting opinions in regards to general player progression. Part of me has really enjoyed being free from the start to use whatever items to progress as I see fit. However, another part of me also really likes the sense of reward and accomplishment from coming back to those opening areas and grabbing those elusive heart pieces and whatnot.

I still really need to get around to this...

#649 Posted by MethodManFTW (25664 posts) -

@LightR said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Well, fuck.

Facebook has a market cap of over 100 billion, and their revenue isn't slowing down.. I think they will be ok, regardless. At first I was actually pretty bummed about Facebook buying Oculus, but after listening to some arguments by people smarter than myself it sounds like Facebook was/is the best fit.

#650 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@LightR said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Well, fuck.

Facebook has a market cap of over 100 billion, and their revenue isn't slowing down.. I think they will be ok, regardless. At first I was actually pretty bummed about Facebook buying Oculus, but after listening to some arguments by people smarter than myself it sounds like Facebook was/is the best fit.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Oculus will still move forward as the leading gaming VR set (for a time, at least), and I think Zuckerburg will be smart with his investment and try to find more innovative uses for the device outside of gaming, where a lot of amazing things could develop. I just feel like, from a purely gaming perspective, they may as well have sold the thing to EA or Microsoft or any other company that would find every way possible to monetize the shit out of it. Oculus wanted to make the Rift available on every platform (eventually), working with every game, like a TV strapped to your head. Who knows what their focus is now? They might make it a proprietary device for Windows 9 that only works with GFWL ONE, and you have to sign into a Facebook overlay that shares all your gaming achievements, and you have a bunch of ads and niggling shit cluttering up your HUD. Who knows? I'm sure it will still be awesome and totally worth having. It just feels like it lost a bit of its wider gaming potential and opened the doors to a whole bunch of bullshit that tends to annoy the crap out of me.