The Laid Back Lounge VII: The Seventh

#451 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@Young_Charter: You should get FFX HD

#452 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

woah walking dead O.O

#453 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

woah walking dead O.O

I stopped watching that show at the beginning of last season. Is something cool happening? Should i finish? Because I honestly can't stand to look at that one-eyed bastard again unless it's absolutely worth it. I do feel like i'm probably missing out, though.

Also, I'd trade my vintage Ghostbusters Tshirt to have Dragon's Dogma on PC. I wanna mod that bitch to masterclass.

#454 Edited by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I've beaten both of them already, but sure lol.

#455 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@Young_Charter said:

@starwarsjunky: Uh uh. Exactly. lol

@MrSelf-Destruct: That was hilarious. But I will admit that Demons Souls story totally owned Dark Souls. Ugh. The differences in those two titles really bothers me.

To be honest, there doesn't seem like much story in either, but Demon's Souls definitely has more to offer. Especially when you consider the individual characters and the little stories that went along with them. Still, storytelling is weak in these games. It's a shame they don't flesh it out more, because it could be so amazing. I can't help but go back to the idea of a more mature version of Ocarina of Time. Something of that sort. I just like having clear objectives and with noticeable effects.

Exactly. Dark Souls did not just do it for me. Comparing to the original, I give Dark Souls a 7. I hope II is a better step up. I see a lot of people playing it on my friends but still.

#456 Posted by Terrencec06 (3541 posts) -

Looking forward to Infamous.... I'll actually take a break from online play.

#457 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@Terrencec06: Are you still doing that online thing ?

#458 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That's not good enough! you should want it!

#459 Posted by Terrencec06 (3541 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@Terrencec06: Are you still doing that online thing ?

Online thing?

#460 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@Terrencec06: infamous paper tail. sorry.

#461 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I didn't say I didn't lol. FFX, X-2, and FFXII are the only Final Fantasies I did not replay constantly. It was a one and done.

#462 Edited by Terrencec06 (3541 posts) -

@Young_Charter: Oh yea, my bad.

Still kinda disappointed about MGS GZ..... I want to play it but that price tag for This Gen.

#463 Edited by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@Terrencec06: I'll wait for more reviews. I am highly disappointed that they removed the platinum trophy for the title. It would've pushed me to conquer everything but...... eh either way I probably will..

#464 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I didn't say I didn't lol. FFX, X-2, and FFXII are the only Final Fantasies I did not replay constantly. It was a one and done.

but i can not feel your desire!

#465 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

woo switched power supplys and didnt blow up my computer.

all hail the helix fossil?

#466 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

man... fucking techno music (and self control)..

my sub sounds like mud now.

#467 Posted by LightR (17457 posts) -

Can't believe I waited so long to watch Scott Pilgrim. Ramona, where have you been all my life?

#469 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

sigh.

drove to walmart to get ground zeroes on disc and they went through boxes for 30 minutes and found out the only ordered xbox copies.

f u walmart!

oh well.. digital it is.

#470 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@LightR said:

Can't believe I waited so long to watch Scott Pilgrim. Ramona, where have you been all my life?

One of my all time favorite movies. One of the few movies I can watch over and over and not get sick of. I even have that song that Clash at Demonhead sings on my iPod. Brie Larson rocks that shit. Also, there's this girl at my work named Ramona with a FAT ass and i kinda wanna sing Scott's "Ramona" song too her and see how she reacts :P

#471 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

This song:

Here's the original version too. I personally think Larson's version a hell of a lot better though:

#472 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

So the Ground Zeroes reviews are kinda bumming me out. Everyone is saying something different, but a couple of things are unanimous: It doesn't play like an MGS game, it's short and unfulfilling, and Keifer is not very good at VO work. When I read "no boxes, no rations, no flip rolls, and no knocking on walls" I died a little inside. I guess we all had to grow up someday, right?

#473 Posted by Terrencec06 (3541 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: wow didn't realize he left classic stuff like that out. No bueno. Like I said I wont buy it until it's $15.

#474 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

So the Ground Zeroes reviews are kinda bumming me out. Everyone is saying something different, but a couple of things are unanimous: It doesn't play like an MGS game, it's short and unfulfilling, and Keifer is not very good at VO work. When I read "no boxes, no rations, no flip rolls, and no knocking on walls" I died a little inside. I guess we all had to grow up someday, right?

Honestly I'm not all that surprised. It's a prequel chapter so I'm not sure how much people were expecting out of it but I knew it wasn't gonna be a whole lot. And like I've been saying, they should have just included it with the main game the same way they always did. Also not surprised to hear Sutherland was not a good Snake. Just from the trailers he didn't sound god so I couldn't imagine him being any better over the course of the game. Didn't know they took out MGS staples like the box, rations, and flip rolls though. That actually is a bit disappointing. I'm holding off until the release of the real MGSV. Maybe they'll bundle it together or at least by then the price will have dropped.

#475 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

FFX looks so pretty in HD. It's even noticeably more polished than running the game on PCSX2 at 1080p. Really impressed with how it looks. Can't wait to keep playing. I've been dying to replay this game for like 2 years lol My only complaint is that it's one of those games where the Confirm and Cancel are pre-mapped to X and O respectively, instead of using the system mapping like 95% of games. Not a big deal for you guys since there's no difference but as someone who uses a Japanese PS3 where O is Confirm and X is Cancel, it's a bit annoying to have a game that doesn't conform to my system. I keep cancelling stuff on accident because I'm so used to using O. Off the top of my head, only TWD, GoW games, KH 1.5 Remix, and this game are the only ones that I have don't use the same mapping as my system. Hell, even all 3 FFXIII games use the same mapping as my PS3 so no idea why SE decided to lock it on their HD collections. It's even more jarring because the save system uses the default PS3 save system instead of in-game menus, and when it opens up the save data menu it goes BACK to my default system mapping so I have to press X at the save sphere to open to save menu, then remember to switch back to O to actually save my data, then remember to switch back to X when I get back in game. Pretty annoying.

#476 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

i heard theres no poop jokes in ground zeroes????

#477 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

ground zeroes is pretty good so far.. looks really cool at night.

no soliton radar makes it pretty tough at first... and yeah, keifer sutherland is not naked snake, solid snake, or any kind of Metal Gear Snake. You got that one wrong Kojima.

#478 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

i heard theres no poop jokes in ground zeroes????

Okay NOW I'm mad!

Seriously, though, GZ is serious. I've seen lots of comments on disturbing themes and a complete lack of Kojima's quirkiness. I'm guessing they took all the silly out so no one was confused about how serious this serious thing is. I also heard it's hard. Seriously.

@MethodManFTW I knew he probably didn't do it justice, but it sucks even worse to see you say it. Fucking Jack Bauer.

#479 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I'll dive in it once I complete FF9. That game is getting me right now lol. I had to take a break lol

#480 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

FFX looks so pretty in HD. It's even noticeably more polished than running the game on PCSX2 at 1080p. Really impressed with how it looks. Can't wait to keep playing. I've been dying to replay this game for like 2 years lol My only complaint is that it's one of those games where the Confirm and Cancel are pre-mapped to X and O respectively, instead of using the system mapping like 95% of games. Not a big deal for you guys since there's no difference but as someone who uses a Japanese PS3 where O is Confirm and X is Cancel, it's a bit annoying to have a game that doesn't conform to my system. I keep cancelling stuff on accident because I'm so used to using O. Off the top of my head, only TWD, GoW games, KH 1.5 Remix, and this game are the only ones that I have don't use the same mapping as my system. Hell, even all 3 FFXIII games use the same mapping as my PS3 so no idea why SE decided to lock it on their HD collections. It's even more jarring because the save system uses the default PS3 save system instead of in-game menus, and when it opens up the save data menu it goes BACK to my default system mapping so I have to press X at the save sphere to open to save menu, then remember to switch back to O to actually save my data, then remember to switch back to X when I get back in game. Pretty annoying.

I just got it on the Vita! Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy on the same day... 10 year old me just had a heart attack.

#481 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

I just got it on the Vita! Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy on the same day... 10 year old me just had a heart attack.

Lol I can imagine. How does it look on the Vita? I'm still debating on whether I wanna get the Vita version too so I can play it on the go or just stick on PS3 only. Oh yeah and I totally just called out to play it all day :P

#482 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

@Texas2089: I was supposed to have Saturday off this week but someone needed to switch Tuesday and Saturday so I jumped on that. No word on FFX for Vita yet.. I got the digital version so it is downloading now.. I imagine it looks awesome but who knows. It just made my lunch breaks infinitely better though.

#483 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089: I was supposed to have Saturday off this week but someone needed to switch Tuesday and Saturday so I jumped on that. No word on FFX for Vita yet.. I got the digital version so it is downloading now.. I imagine it looks awesome but who knows. It just made my lunch breaks infinitely better though.

Ah ok. Let me know how it looks when it finishes. Oh and is it me or do digital downloads take FOREVER on Vita? I've had a few that actually work at the speed of my internet and don't take that long but a majority of them take way longer than they should. I've had things that are only a couple hundred MB take 2 hours on Vita, when on my PC that same size download takes like 2-3 minutes....

#484 Posted by Terrencec06 (3541 posts) -

Dang some people are beating MGS GZ in 20mins

#485 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

So far the remixed soundtrack has been fine, but I just got Besaid Village and really not sure how to feel about the remixed version of 'Scenery of Spira'. On one hand it's much more livlely which I lie, but the sound is just so.. off. Idk. You guys judge. You guys like the new version?

#486 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

Dang some people are beating MGS GZ in 20mins

I saw an article on Kotaku that said somebody beat it in 10 minutes lol Didn't read any of it cause I didn't wanna spoil anything, but that's not good at all.

#487 Edited by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@Texas2089: LOL Im going to go check now

#488 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

I agree that some of the themes sound a bit too busy for my taste but I suppose that's my fondness for the original theme. According to GAF a lot of people are equating the games graphics on Vita to many modern titles (except for animations of course).

I'm buying it today whenever the PSN store for Vita updates but I won't be actually playing it till I leave for Mississippi in late April. That and Persona 4 should keep me plenty busy while on the road.

#489 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Auron's theme is the really the only one that I have a serious gripe with.

Original

HD version

#490 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

Original

HD version

Oh wow yeah the new one is significantly worse there. And how long are you gonna be stationed in Mississippi? Should be a nice change going from frosty ass Alaska to the Deep South. Unless you're one of those weird people that likes the cold :P

#491 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@whiskeystrike said:

Original

HD version

Oh wow yeah the new one is significantly worse there. And how long are you gonna be stationed in Mississippi? Should be a nice change going from frosty ass Alaska to the Deep South. Unless you're one of those weird people that likes the cold :P

Not stationed. Just some pilot training for a long while, supposedly till mid June. I don't leave Alaska till late next year in which I'll be going to Germany, Korea or Hawaii.

#492 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

@Texas2089 said:

@whiskeystrike said:

Original

HD version

Not stationed. Just some pilot training for a long while, supposedly till mid June. I don't leave Alaska till late next year in which I'll be going to Germany, Korea or Hawaii.

Oh that's cool. Honestly all 3 of those sound awesome. Get to experience life abroad in Germany or Korea or live in paradise in Hawaii. Can't go wrong man. My aunt only lives like 20 minutes from one of the bases in Hawaii. Forget which branch or the name of the base but I remember we drove by it tons of times. It's in a real nice area.

#493 Posted by MethodManFTW (25753 posts) -

@whiskeystrike: you could buy it on the web store at least three hours prior to this post! :D

any preference on where you get stationed? Hawaii sounds cool

#494 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

@Texas2089 said:

@whiskeystrike said:

Original

HD version

Where at in Mississippi? Camp Shelby? That's in my hometown. Or are you going to Keesler? I don't know of any others.

#495 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride: I'll dive in it once I complete FF9. That game is getting me right now lol. I had to take a break lol

I am getting it this friday, so excited for it

#496 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Where at in Mississippi? Camp Shelby? That's in my hometown. Or are you going to Keesler? I don't know of any others.

Yup, Shelby.

#497 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

@Method - I think I'd like Germany the most. I really want to learn the language (which is hard to do so if you're not exposing yourself to it) and I'm toying with the idea of working in Germany when I get out of the Army. Korea would be nice but there have been some serious problems in the past with soldiers interacting with the local populace so stricter rules all around. I'd be in Seoul nearly every weekend burning through my paychecks so it's probably better that I don't go. Hawaii would be sweet but everything is super expensive, even with the military paying more.

#498 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Yup, Shelby.

Cool. I hope you enjoy your time there. Hattiesburg is a strange exception to most of the things you hear about the Deep South.

Also, Germany is the best place on Earth according to my brother. He was stationed there in 2004 and has only been stateside 3 times since. His service was up ages ago, but he still has a good job on base. He got married, had a kid, and drives a BMW. Crazy.

#499 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

I am getting it this friday, so excited for it

This is pretty much RPG season.... lol Dark Souls II, FFX-X2 HD Remaster, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, South Park Stick of Truth, Lightning Returns, and Atelier Escha & Logy.

#500 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71869 posts) -

i wonder if i should get FFX for my Vita aswell