The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by roboccs (6890 posts) -
God bless Saturday night college football! Man I love this time of the year. Also, the Tigers had a huge comeback victory against the White Sox to distance themselves in the division even more. I will eventually fire up some Final Fantasy 13 or a game of Madden tonight as well. Life is good. Common, many congrats man!! That's great for you. Gotta respect someone who's going to serve our country.
#302 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13094 posts) -
As much as I love zombies, I'm done with games trying to do zombies. Just give it a break for a few years. L4D2 perfected the zombie game imo.anime_gamer007
Not for me. I didn't care for that game much at all. I've yet to play a zombie game that I really like outside of the original RE games. But I do like zombies. And I like RPGs, looting, and original spins. This game has all that, so I'm excited to think that there may finally be a zombie game that I really like.
#303 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

test in progress

k we're good

thanks for the sentiments guys :)

#304 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]As much as I love zombies, I'm done with games trying to do zombies. Just give it a break for a few years. L4D2 perfected the zombie game imo.MrSelf-Destruct
Not for me. I didn't care for that game much at all. I've yet to play a zombie game that I really like outside of the original RE games. But I do like zombies. And I like RPGs, looting, and original spins. This game has all that, so I'm excited to think that there may finally be a zombie game that I really like.

Techlands latests games have been abysmal.. really hoping dead island is decent.
#305 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
wooo, finally got my ps3 accounts straightened out.. SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN PANDORA. if anyone wants to play some borderlands send me a msg
#306 Posted by Scianix-Black (19295 posts) -
@LightR: I need vocal liquid. Just got a co-worker into D&B and she seemed to like the liquid I had, as opposed to my neuro and darkstep, especially the stuff with vocals, so I need more if you can make a good list. No links needed, just names and songs. Oh and some entry level stuff, too. Nothing with too long of a build up.
#307 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
Anyone want a free copy of The Heist when it comes out?
#308 Posted by LightR (17433 posts) -

Adele - Hometown Glory (High Contrast Remix)

Jessie J- Nobody's Perfect (Netsky Remix)

Calibre- Even If

Blame ft. Camilla Marie - Star

Netsky - I Refuse

DJ Fresh - Hypercaine

Gradon & Janky - The Flow

B Complex ft. Diane Charlemagne - Rolling With The Punches

Queensway - Darlin'

Also you should try some songs by Feint. I don't have any of their stuff in my playlists but they're a great and unique artist.

#309 Posted by Scianix-Black (19295 posts) -
Sweet, thanks. Keeping those Netsky tunes for myself. Dude's legend.
#310 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
Anyone want a free copy of The Heist when it comes out?MethodManFTW
Yes :P Also Common congrats that sounds like a sick job.... On the topic of zombie games I thought the zombie mode in WaW was the best zombies I've ever played :P
#311 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]So, I played about 30 mins of MW2 multiplayer....blabbyboy
Were you the guy that regretted buying Mw2 and Black ops, and I told you its inevitable to not get Mw3. :P

I'm sure there's many of us that regret buying MW2 and Black Ops. I just played another bit of MW2 thinking, I could see if there was any fun to be had in free for all. I was wrong. Noobtubes, snipers, knifers, that's literally the entire MW2 community. Use the cheapest one hit kill weapon all the time for 1000 hours until the next game comes out. Not sure why I needed to play MW2 again to know that but yeah.

#312 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
I actually I think MW2 gave me an aneurysm.
#313 Posted by TheKoreanZombie (208 posts) -

Can't wait for rescue me to start.

#314 Posted by blabbyboy (2612 posts) -
Time to level up! No more Blaster Master :P
#315 Posted by blabbyboy (2612 posts) -

[QUOTE="blabbyboy"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]So, I played about 30 mins of MW2 multiplayer....anime_gamer007

Were you the guy that regretted buying Mw2 and Black ops, and I told you its inevitable to not get Mw3. :P

I'm sure there's many of us that regret buying MW2 and Black Ops. I just played another bit of MW2 thinking, I could see if there was any fun to be had in free for all. I was wrong. Noobtubes, snipers, knifers, that's literally the entire MW2 community. Use the cheapest one hit kill weapon all the time for 1000 hours until the next game comes out. Not sure why I needed to play MW2 again to know that but yeah.

Thats the best part of Mw2:P

#316 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
That perk combination ruins the game....
#317 Posted by roboccs (6890 posts) -
Am I lazy?? I'm just not "completionist guy". In Final Fantasy 13 I just entered the tower in gran pulse and in the process skipped over a bunch of optional side-quests. I did about 5 or 6 but then just wanted to get on with the story. I notice a lot of people on the forums go for everything because they want a platinum. That's usually not really a priority for me, am I the minority?
#318 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

Am I lazy?? I'm just not "completionist guy". In Final Fantasy 13 I just entered the tower in gran pulse and in the process skipped over a bunch of optional side-quests. I did about 5 or 6 but then just wanted to get on with the story. I notice a lot of people on the forums go for everything because they want a platinum. That's usually not really a priority for me, am I the minority?roboccs

I'm a completionist in games that interest me. FFXIII while a good game in its own right is not captivating enough for me to want to do the extra stuff. But I do love just walking around and soaking in the scenery

#319 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
Wow. :O There is some Chinese mafia confrontation/fight video up on WorldStar and all the gang members have swords and s***. lulz
#320 Posted by roboccs (6890 posts) -

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Am I lazy?? I'm just not "completionist guy". In Final Fantasy 13 I just entered the tower in gran pulse and in the process skipped over a bunch of optional side-quests. I did about 5 or 6 but then just wanted to get on with the story. I notice a lot of people on the forums go for everything because they want a platinum. That's usually not really a priority for me, am I the minority?commonfate

I'm a completionist in games that interest me. FFXIII while a good game in its own right is not captivating enough for me to want to do the extra stuff. But I do love just walking around and soaking in the scenery

Yeah, I can see what you're saying there. I actually really like the story and battle system. But the mission system is pretty much like the rest of the game, the only difference is you go to a different mark on the map and get a little extra dialogue. Not worth it to me. I just home I'm not under powered as I approach the end; I hear it's really tough.

#321 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
That perk combination ruins the game.... Laser_Hunter
No. One Man Army/Danger Close noobtubes are 10x worse. They can insta-kill you from any range and have about a 15 foot kill radius. Although Marathon/Lightweight/Commando is still pretty game breaking too.
#322 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13094 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]As much as I love zombies, I'm done with games trying to do zombies. Just give it a break for a few years. L4D2 perfected the zombie game imo.MethodManFTW

Techlands latests games have been abysmal.. really hoping dead island is decent.

I've been hearing some pretty good things. There's a stupid embargo, so I haven't got many details about it, but one guy said every time he tries to write his review he remembers something cool and wants to just go play some more. Hopefully it really is that good. :)
#323 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
Wow... 100 hours or so into MAG and just got the biggest ass whooping of all time. Ouch.
#324 Posted by roboccs (6890 posts) -
Wow... 100 hours or so into MAG and just got the biggest ass whooping of all time. Ouch.MethodManFTW
Your current sig and avy are outstanding by the way.
#325 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
Finally beat Portal 2... I know people said the campaign was easy but it was probably the most challenging campaign I have ever played (most likely cuz I'm not good at puzzles). But completing a level is incredibly gratifying and the game as a whole was so funny I was constantly craving more dialogue.
#326 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -
Just rearranged my whole apartment... Well half of it.. Now what to do with this big pile of junk in the middle of my living room...
#327 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Finally beat Portal 2... I know people said the campaign was easy but it was probably the most challenging campaign I have ever played (most likely cuz I'm not good at puzzles). But completing a level is incredibly gratifying and the game as a whole was so funny I was constantly craving more dialogue. Laser_Hunter
God, I love that game. People praise Valve for Half Life and Counter Strike, I say "Nay, Portal!". Portal 2 was, in my opinion, the best game Valve has made yet and considering Half Life 2 and Portal 1, that's quite an amazing feat. It's one of the few games whose dialogue is actually laugh out loud funny. I can remember just giggling in my chair at all the sarcastic/passive aggressive comments GLaDOS says along with Wheatley being a bumbling idiot and Cave Johnson's over-enthusiasm about extremely dangerous testing. It's also one of the few games that I'd say is basically perfect in that, it can't be made better in any meaningful way. And- oh, wait here I go again about how awesome Portal 2 is. Alright, I'm just gonna leave it at that. Well, I think you know what my Game of the Year is :P
#328 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

Valve didn't create Portal :P A bunch of college students did

#329 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13094 posts) -

commonfate
This + obligatory :P
#330 Posted by TheKoreanZombie (208 posts) -

Hey, who was that bigsmoke fellow that got banned?

#331 Posted by Texas2089 (16428 posts) -
Am I lazy?? I'm just not "completionist guy". In Final Fantasy 13 I just entered the tower in gran pulse and in the process skipped over a bunch of optional side-quests. I did about 5 or 6 but then just wanted to get on with the story. I notice a lot of people on the forums go for everything because they want a platinum. That's usually not really a priority for me, am I the minority?roboccs
Not lazy. I'm a bit of completionist and even I did the same thing. I did maybe 5 or 6 missions and then moved on with the story. I am going for the Plat though so once I finished I went back and did them all. They actually weren't all that bad. Some of the later ones were actually kinda fun. I still haven't gotten the Plat though because all that's left is grinding and farming which is incredibly boring :P I definitely plan on getting back to it eventually just don't know when.
#332 Posted by Texas2089 (16428 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Finally beat Portal 2... I know people said the campaign was easy but it was probably the most challenging campaign I have ever played (most likely cuz I'm not good at puzzles). But completing a level is incredibly gratifying and the game as a whole was so funny I was constantly craving more dialogue. anime_gamer007
God, I love that game. People praise Valve for Half Life and Counter Strike, I say "Nay, Portal!". Portal 2 was, in my opinion, the best game Valve has made yet and considering Half Life 2 and Portal 1, that's quite an amazing feat. It's one of the few games whose dialogue is actually laugh out loud funny. I can remember just giggling in my chair at all the sarcastic/passive aggressive comments GLaDOS says along with Wheatley being a bumbling idiot and Cave Johnson's over-enthusiasm about extremely dangerous testing. It's also one of the few games that I'd say is basically perfect in that, it can't be made better in any meaningful way. And- oh, wait here I go again about how awesome Portal 2 is. Alright, I'm just gonna leave it at that. Well, I think you know what my Game of the Year is :P

So far its mine as well :P I didn't even have the slightest interest in the game before it came out (maybe because I had never played the first Portal) but all the reviews and hype surrounding the game pushed me to buy it and for once a hype purchase actually lived up to it for me. The puzzles were a lot of fun and the dialogue was hilarious. Great game.
#333 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

commonfate
A bunch of college students created something called "Narbacular Drop". Valve liked it and then hired some of them to make Portal, sooooooo.... you're wrong :)
#334 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
hmmm... IGN gave dead island an 8...
#335 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

anime_gamer007

A bunch of college students created something called "Narbacular Drop". Valve liked it and then hired some of them to make Portal, sooooooo.... you're wrong :)

Not entirely :P

It just goes to show that Valve has a hard time making up their own creative IPs. Most of their commercial successes are just reused ideas from other people. They do fantastic work but I'm not willing to give them credit when other people have laid the foundation for them.

#336 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="commonfate"]

commonfate

It just goes to show that Valve has a hard time making up their own creative IPs. Most of their commercial successes are just reused ideas from other people. They do fantastic work but I'm not willing to give them credit when other people have laid the foundation for them.

Seriously? Portal is a completely different game from Narbacular Drop, which was basically proof of concept work. They just used the idea of portals as a game mechanic, everything else is totally different. Valve is fully responsible for giving Portal it's humour and style and of course, GLaDOS. Half Life is 100% Valve, and that series is most definitely their most critically and commercially acclaimed. Basically, it's what put Valve on the map. Valve absolutely deserves credit for Portal and Portal 2 in the form that they are in.

#337 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]A bunch of college students created something called "Narbacular Drop". Valve liked it and then hired some of them to make Portal, sooooooo.... you're wrong :)anime_gamer007

Seriously? Portal is a completely different game from Narbacular Drop, which was basically proof of concept work. They just used the idea of portals as a game mechanic, everything else is totally different. Valve is fully responsible for giving Portal it's humour and style and of course, GLaDOS. Half Life is 100% Valve, and that series is most definitely their most critically and commercially acclaimed. Basically, it's what put Valve on the map. Valve absolutely deserves credit for Portal and Portal 2 in the form that they are in.

I meant to say 100% credit not no credit :?

Valve does a lot of work and they're very good at what they do. That doesn't mean that everything they do is 100% their own. Even if it was only, analogically speaking, a sparkplug in their design, the point is they still get some help from others. When people ask who developed Portal or Left4Dead, I will say Valve, But if they ask who is responsible for those titles (and a couple of others) then I will not say just Valve. Capiche?

#338 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Okay, I guess that's good enough :P
#339 Posted by kweeni (10875 posts) -

Shepard's or whatever his name was head looks photoshopped.

I lol'd pretty hard the first time I noticed it.

Now I can't help but notice it every time I see this cover.

#340 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

His head does look a little bit larger but I think that is only to lead to depth perception, that is that he is larger and more important than Miranda and Thane

#341 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
I always thought the cover of Mass Effect 2 looked terrible.That was one of the reasons why.
#342 Posted by kweeni (10875 posts) -
Well whatever the reason is, it looks photoshopped and it's funny. Best cover ever.
#343 Posted by roboccs (6890 posts) -
Thane's quest was the only one I screwed up and I did not get his loyalty. Therefore, I never use him much. He's probably an awesome character though. I generally go with any combo Garrus, Samara, or Miranda. I give subject Zero a bit of love too.
#344 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Thane's quest was the only one I screwed up and I did not get his loyalty. Therefore, I never use him much. He's probably an awesome character though. I generally go with any combo Garrus, Samara, or Miranda. I give subject Zero a bit of love too.roboccs
Garrus and Miranda was my team throughout the game, occasionally swapping Thane in their due to him having Warp and he's also a sniper. Although I didn't use him much Legion is extremely devastating because he gets that super powerful Widow sniper. Absolutely shreds anything in it's path.
#345 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

I thought Thane was a pretty cool character. I always enjoyed his conversations. I don't think I ever once used Legion in battle but people keep saying he is really good. Never used Wrex either or the Asari. My team was usually comprised of Thane, Garrus, Miranda and Jacob. I just switched them out whenever I felt like it.

#346 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

I wish Mordin was more useful in combat. He's such an awesome character. Scientist Salarian :P

#347 Posted by MethodManFTW (25473 posts) -

Show me your ANGER...

SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!

#348 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
So just finished playing about two hours of GTA4... the coolest part of the game is definitely the city and how it actually makes you feel like one citizen out of thousands.
#349 Posted by gial240 (2019 posts) -

So just finished playing about two hours of GTA4... the coolest part of the game is definitely the city and how it actually makes you feel like one citizen out of thousands. Laser_Hunter

Yeah I loved that about the game. Only if they had added all those side-activities from San Andreas. Would have been pretty cool.

#350 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]So just finished playing about two hours of GTA4... the coolest part of the game is definitely the city and how it actually makes you feel like one citizen out of thousands. gial240

Yeah I loved that about the game. Only if they had added all those side-activities from San Andreas. Would have been pretty cool.

This is my first GTA game so I don't know what I'm missing out on lol :P