The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#29801 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@ryrulez: not available in my country, thanks for nothing george michaels!

If only Beiber wasn't available in our country... :P

#29802 Edited by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

got i90 for my warrior yesterday and my 2nd set of extreme primal wins and went through the relic quest for my whm(even though i already had the omnirod from the extremes). not bad for a day's work. lol. its so nice having a competent fc.

Nice. I just unlocked Garuda Extreme last night and Binding Coil. Ran through CT a few more times with my friend who's trying to get the onion armor. I'm almost at my myth cap for the week after 2 days lol We just had another guy unlock CT so that's 4 of us that can run it now. We have about 6 other guys in the 45 range so they'll be there soon too. Mostly competent. There's a few of our guys that could potentially be a liability but eh what are you gonna do. We'll see how things go when we get there.

very nice! garuda's such a fun fight. now that i've got my warrior pretty much decked out(except for BiS), i may just farm garuda in search for the nightmare whistle lol. what's making you question the others? they bad at dodging, or something else?

No just some my friends aren't the brightest individuals lol Like the other day my PLD friend was doing a dungeon and couldn't figure out why he kept dying and then realized he forgot put Shield Oath back up. Another of my friends plays SCH and he's even worse. One time he kept forgetting to summon his fairy, another time he kept dying on that one boss in Qarn because he didn't get on the glowing squares and couldn't figure out why he died, another time he kept letting my GLD friend die because was DPSing instead of healing lol So yeah. Good guys but sometime they just make some bonehead moves in the game. But I guess that's one of the potential drawbacks with having our own FC instead of joining one of the big ones with serious players. We only have about 25 people in ours but it's a pretty tight knit group. When they make mistakes you don't even get mad. It's just, "Well that's Troop." Honestly I prefer it like that though. We all get to be ourselves and even the 'less gifted' players can still enjoy the game without any pressure as opposed to some of the bigger FCs which are all about getting things done as fast and efficient as possible. I don't think it'd be nearly as fun to have to be so damn serious and hardcore about everything.

yeah, we have a lot of people, but most of it is really tight as well. we just have a lot who haven't played in ages haha. its a nice mix of everything. if you want to get things done, you can. but its at whatever pace. and for doing primal runs and stuff we always have groups to help people out with things like that. and yes, we play the CT drinking game =P

CT drinking game... sounds fun lol How does it work?

#29803 Edited by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez: not available in my country, thanks for nothing george michaels!

If only Beiber wasn't available in our country... :P

I heard a rumor he was getting deported back to Canada because of all the trouble he's been getting into. if only...

#29804 Edited by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

gmg had 10 bucks off titanfall so i guess that's an ok deal.

march is packed... inFamous Second Son, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2... Isn't Watch Dogs supposed to launch in March too?

Watch Dogs is June but FFX/X-2 HD, BlazBlue Chronophantasma, and MGS: GZ are all out in March. So yeah, March is packed.

Ah..

The beta for Titanfall make it seems good enough that I'm considering selling my PS3 now that I've finished the Last of Us DLC... I think with Titanfall and inFamous I could stomach waiting for the PC version of Dark Souls 2.

It's a bummer I have relatively no interest now in Lords of Shadow 2.. Not really sure why, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the epilogue of Lords of Shadow that I want to see more of so bad..

Though if I end up selling my PS3 that leaves FFX for the Vita, MGS: GZ for PS4, InFamous for PS4, Titanfall for PC and probably some smaller releases I'm missing.. Yay, video games are back.

I know this is so many pages ago (not my fault this thread keeps doing it) but whoaa your selling your PS3 soon ?

#29805 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

If I don't finish up my ps3 backlog soon, I'm screwed. PS4 games will be rolling out real soon.

Outside of FFXIV I've pretty much stopped buying games. I only play the same few MP games 80% of the time anyways so there's no point in continuing to build up that backlog...

#29806 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

If I don't finish up my ps3 backlog soon, I'm screwed. PS4 games will be rolling out real soon.

Outside of FFXIV I've pretty much stopped buying games. I only play the same few MP games 80% of the time anyways so there's no point in continuing to build up that backlog...

You can say tht again.

#29807 Edited by yokofox33 (29502 posts) -

My backlog is atrocious. I have like no motivation to game on consoles. I've solely been playing handheld games on my 3DS and Vita. I just bought a bundle of PS3 games a few weeks ago and haven't even touched them.

That'll change though when FFX HD and South Park drops soon!

#29808 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Ye, I'm set to travel in the lower 48 soon for some work stuff so I'll be on the road for ~ 6 weeks. Should be able to tear into my handheld backlogs and wrap up some games I've left unfinished for quite a while.

#29809 Posted by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

My backlog is atrocious. I have like no motivation to game on consoles. I've solely been playing handheld games on my 3DS and Vita. I just bought a bundle of PS3 games a few weeks ago and haven't even touched them.

That'll change though when FFX HD and South Park drops soon!

Ye, I'm set to travel in the lower 48 soon for some work stuff so I'll be on the road for ~ 6 weeks. Should be able to tear into my handheld backlogs and wrap up some games I've left unfinished for quite a while.

Honestly this year I don't want to spend to much on 2014 titles. I feel like I should indeed clean my backlog out before I do any more spending. I want a PS Vita but I'll wait. Don't get me wrong its a good idea so I can play ps1 games on the go, but then again not since I am still waiting for the vita slim.

#29810 Edited by MethodManFTW (25656 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

march is packed... inFamous Second Son, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2... Isn't Watch Dogs supposed to launch in March too?

Watch Dogs is June but FFX/X-2 HD, BlazBlue Chronophantasma, and MGS: GZ are all out in March. So yeah, March is packed.

Ah..

The beta for Titanfall make it seems good enough that I'm considering selling my PS3 now that I've finished the Last of Us DLC... I think with Titanfall and inFamous I could stomach waiting for the PC version of Dark Souls 2.

It's a bummer I have relatively no interest now in Lords of Shadow 2.. Not really sure why, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the epilogue of Lords of Shadow that I want to see more of so bad..

Though if I end up selling my PS3 that leaves FFX for the Vita, MGS: GZ for PS4, InFamous for PS4, Titanfall for PC and probably some smaller releases I'm missing.. Yay, video games are back.

I know this is so many pages ago (not my fault this thread keeps doing it) but whoaa your selling your PS3 soon ?

Maybe... If I can get like ~300 bucks out of it I would. It has a huge digital collection on it, which is kind of a tough sell for most people, so I probably won't get an offer for that much.

But I have played pretty much everything I want to play on a PS3 at this point.. I think I can wait for the PC version of Dark Souls 2 and maybe Persona 5 will be on Vita or lame or something...

#29811 Edited by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Ah..

Maybe... If I can get like ~300 bucks out of it I would. It has a huge digital collection on it, which is kind of a tough sell for most people, so I probably won't get an offer for that much.

But I have played pretty much everything I want to play on a PS3 at this point.. I think I can wait for the PC version of Dark Souls 2 and maybe Persona 5 will be on Vita or lame or something...

What is your digital collection looking like ?

#29812 Edited by MethodManFTW (25656 posts) -

This is what is on the HD now, but I could add more stuff off my account, my bandwidth has been taken up with online gaming mostly lately.

Street Fighter 3: Online Edition, Brothers, Divekick, Journey, Retro/Grade, Dyad, Joe Danger, Closure, Super Stardust HD, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Galaga Legions DX, Outland, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES, God Hand, Final Fantasy IX, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, The Last of Us + Season Pass DLC, Grand Theft Auto V, SSX, Metro: Last Light, Payday 2, Diablo 3, Gran Turismo 6, Ico, Injustice: Gods Among Us (with season pass and costume DLC), Red Dead Redemption, Child of Eden, Resident Evil Revelations, Deadly Premonition Directors Cut, Demon’s Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, Mass Effect, and Just Cause 2.

#29813 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

got i90 for my warrior yesterday and my 2nd set of extreme primal wins and went through the relic quest for my whm(even though i already had the omnirod from the extremes). not bad for a day's work. lol. its so nice having a competent fc.

Nice. I just unlocked Garuda Extreme last night and Binding Coil. Ran through CT a few more times with my friend who's trying to get the onion armor. I'm almost at my myth cap for the week after 2 days lol We just had another guy unlock CT so that's 4 of us that can run it now. We have about 6 other guys in the 45 range so they'll be there soon too. Mostly competent. There's a few of our guys that could potentially be a liability but eh what are you gonna do. We'll see how things go when we get there.

very nice! garuda's such a fun fight. now that i've got my warrior pretty much decked out(except for BiS), i may just farm garuda in search for the nightmare whistle lol. what's making you question the others? they bad at dodging, or something else?

No just some my friends aren't the brightest individuals lol Like the other day my PLD friend was doing a dungeon and couldn't figure out why he kept dying and then realized he forgot put Shield Oath back up. Another of my friends plays SCH and he's even worse. One time he kept forgetting to summon his fairy, another time he kept dying on that one boss in Qarn because he didn't get on the glowing squares and couldn't figure out why he died, another time he kept letting my GLD friend die because was DPSing instead of healing lol So yeah. Good guys but sometime they just make some bonehead moves in the game. But I guess that's one of the potential drawbacks with having our own FC instead of joining one of the big ones with serious players. We only have about 25 people in ours but it's a pretty tight knit group. When they make mistakes you don't even get mad. It's just, "Well that's Troop." Honestly I prefer it like that though. We all get to be ourselves and even the 'less gifted' players can still enjoy the game without any pressure as opposed to some of the bigger FCs which are all about getting things done as fast and efficient as possible. I don't think it'd be nearly as fun to have to be so damn serious and hardcore about everything.

yeah, we have a lot of people, but most of it is really tight as well. we just have a lot who haven't played in ages haha. its a nice mix of everything. if you want to get things done, you can. but its at whatever pace. and for doing primal runs and stuff we always have groups to help people out with things like that. and yes, we play the CT drinking game =P

CT drinking game... sounds fun lol How does it work?

#29814 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

Been eagerly awaiting the TitanFall beta and just randomly found it on my Origin game's page. It's been there since the 16th. Dammit.

#29815 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

Lol a lot of those are pretty common. Like 5+ queues to get in, people getting lost on the way to fights, wrong people DPSing Thanatos, people leaving because they didn't get the gear they want. My very first time through CT I probably would have went through like 3 drinks in the hour it took us. Took a couple queues to get in (drink), we wiped on Bone Dragon (finish it), then I got lost on the way back to the fight after we went back to the entrance (drink), I didn't know you could only hit Thanatos when you're invisible so I kept DPSing him (drink), then we wiped on Thanatos (finish it), and I died twice because I didn't get behind the comet when he cast Meteor (drink, drink). And those are the easy ones I remember. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the others happened like spiritbonding, calling dibs, or people leaving. That's one quick way to get trashed lol

#29816 Edited by MethodManFTW (25656 posts) -

Been eagerly awaiting the TitanFall beta and just randomly found it on my Origin game's page. It's been there since the 16th. Dammit.

Heh, it just ended like 30 minutes ago.

#29817 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

#rekt

#29819 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

#rekt

Imagine my surprise after downloading the thing and trying to play. That message of the day was a mothereffer.

#29820 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
#29821 Edited by Terrencec06 (3503 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:
@Terrencec06 said:

You can say tht again.

Honestly it's PS Plus games on my PS3. I have maybe 4 disc based games, Dishonored, ME3, Singularity, DA2.

#29822 Edited by MethodManFTW (25656 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

#rekt

Imagine my surprise after downloading the thing and trying to play. That message of the day was a mothereffer.

That sucks man... Hopefully they do a demo or something..

The game is just so god damn fun! I had basically zero interest in the game before I actually played it so I hope as much people as possible get a chance to try it.

Playing a lot of Battlefield 4 lately has definitely helped my aim, so I don't have to use the smart pistol, but for the people that can't aim at all in FPSs the Smart Pistol is a great weapon for them.

----------

Also, wtf, my immune system or something is so weak.. Seems like basically every time the temperature swings from hot to cold or cold to hot I end up getting sick. Maybe I should take vitamins.

#29823 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

can't wait to get my fat chocobo mount. that thing looks freakin amazing!! :P

#29824 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

#29825 Edited by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

This is what is on the HD now, but I could add more stuff off my account, my bandwidth has been taken up with online gaming mostly lately.

Street Fighter 3: Online Edition, Brothers, Divekick, Journey, Retro/Grade, Dyad, Joe Danger, Closure, Super Stardust HD, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, Galaga Legions DX, Outland, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES, God Hand, Final Fantasy IX, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, The Last of Us + Season Pass DLC, Grand Theft Auto V, SSX, Metro: Last Light, Payday 2, Diablo 3, Gran Turismo 6, Ico, Injustice: Gods Among Us (with season pass and costume DLC), Red Dead Redemption, Child of Eden, Resident Evil Revelations, Deadly Premonition Directors Cut, Demon’s Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, Mass Effect, and Just Cause 2.

Hmmmmmmm not bad.

#29826 Edited by MethodManFTW (25656 posts) -

Yeah, it's ok... I just wish I had a bigger hard drive in there... Have so many more games on my account but they can't fit on my 250gb'r.. :(

I saw I had like 20 gb free so I added inFamous: Festival of Blood, Lumines, and Crysis.

Want to leave them a little hard drive space.. :P

Regardless, I'm probably not gonna get offered near what I want for it so I'll probably end up keeping it.

------------

So Charter, I know you've been saying you've been thinking about building a PC for awhile now.. Have you made any progress? I think I said I was planning on building a PC for like two years before one just fell into my lap for basically free at the pawn shop.

Nvidia's GTX 750ti looks like a pretty great card for builds on a budget. Sounds like it is basically as powerful as my card for half the price I paid for mine.

#29827 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71176 posts) -

Is anyone going to buy Destiny here?

#29828 Posted by MethodManFTW (25656 posts) -

I would certainly imagine I will.. There is just so little info about the game as of now.

#29829 Edited by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@whiskeystrike said:
@Terrencec06 said:

You can say tht again.

Honestly it's PS Plus games on my PS3. I have maybe 4 disc based games, Dishonored, ME3, Singularity, DA2.

Good list of games though. I heard Dishonored was nice

#29830 Edited by LightR (17447 posts) -

Yeah. It's what I expected Borderlands to be, but they changed directions well into development.

#29831 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71176 posts) -

@LightR said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah. It's what I expected Borderlands to be, but they changed directions well into development.

I am really excited for it

#29832 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -
#29833 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13132 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Nvidia's GTX 750ti looks like a pretty great card for builds on a budget. Sounds like it is basically as powerful as my card for half the price I paid for mine.

I'm considering grabbing one of those little beasts myself. I was really sold on the power usage.Twice the performance as my current card on less than half the power. Hell yes. I won't even have to upgrade my PSU. A new mobo, cpu, and some ram and I'll have myself a whole new rig. Tax time!

#29834 Edited by Terrencec06 (3503 posts) -

I will as long as it runs well.

#29835 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

That looks epic. I want one lol

its an upgrade for those who have the CE. not sure when we get it...

#29836 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71176 posts) -
#29837 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

Fucking Canadians.

#29838 Edited by Terrencec06 (3503 posts) -

Fucking Canadians.

my buddy Fluffee is going to be talking mad noise.

#29839 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

so yeah. texas, you should get your people to come join up with my people ;)

#29840 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

its annoying having to redo my gamer card every week or so. wish GS would just let it autoupdate...

#29841 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

... my god.

#29842 Posted by LightR (17447 posts) -

Fucking Canadians.

What did you expect? xD

#29843 Edited by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -

So I've already made 25% progress in final fantasy IX disc 2. This final fantasy is indeed easy.

#29844 Posted by LightR (17447 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

Fucking Canadians.

my buddy Fluffee is going to be talking mad noise.

The Youtuber?

#29845 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

Genuinely think this is the best 20 seconds of any song ever.

#29846 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71176 posts) -

So I've already made 25% progress in final fantasy IX disc 2. This final fantasy is indeed easy.

I think there are side bosses that are more hard, i might be mistaken though

#29847 Edited by Young_Charter (19869 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

Side bosses are EXTREMELY HARD and the main story bosses get a bit tougher mainly on disc 3, but that is why you must always try to be 10-15 levels ahead of an area every time you progress in the story. I made sure the main character was at least level 16 around the middle of disc 1)because there is a moment in a kingdom called "Lindblum" where you are solo for a bit and have competitions. I took advantage of the situation and got him a few steps ahead of a lot of characters and maxed out some of the beginner abilities and gave him decent equipment so he wouldn't be too much of a concern until disc 2 which is now. I actually like FF9 a lot because it actually gives you a lot of options when it comes to side quests and skills/abilities for your characters. The only downfall about this FF is that the card game system is pretty much POINTLESS because you don't get any valuables or ANYTHING for playing it. It's just there to be there but it is fun. Out of many FF's I will personally say that 8's card game was more focused on a bit when it came to rewards and etc. FF7 and FF9 are neck to neck a bit when it comes to the side quests because FF7's chocobo raising and traveling was ridiculously deep but fun as well. FF9 and 7 actually does a better job with the Chocobo's than FF8 does. But I will admit that FF8 has the more intense and complex battle system out of all three.

#29848 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71176 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

Side bosses are EXTREMELY HARD and the main story bosses get a bit tougher mainly on disc 3, but that is why you must always try to be 10-15 levels ahead of an area every time you progress in the story. I made sure the main character was at least level 16 around the middle of disc 1)because there is a moment in a kingdom called "Lindblum" where you are solo for a bit and have competitions. I took advantage of the situation and got him a few steps ahead of a lot of characters and maxed out some of the beginner abilities and gave him decent equipment so he wouldn't be too much of a concern until disc 2 which is now. I actually like FF9 a lot because it actually gives you a lot of options when it comes to side quests and skills/abilities for your characters. The only downfall about this FF is that the card game system is pretty much POINTLESS because you don't get any valuables or ANYTHING for playing it. It's just there to be there but it is fun. Out of many FF's I will personally say that 8's card game was more focused on a bit when it came to rewards and etc. FF7 and FF9 are neck to neck a bit when it comes to the side quests because FF7's chocobo raising and traveling was ridiculously deep but fun as well. FF9 and 7 actually does a better job with the Chocobo's than FF8 does. But I will admit that FF8 has the more intense and complex battle system out of all three.

I never got the whole card thing. I am more of a blitzball guy

#29849 Edited by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

so yeah. texas, you should get your people to come join up with my people ;)

Nope. You're welcome to join ours though :P

#29850 Posted by Texas2089 (16445 posts) -

@LightR said:

@Texas2089 said:

Fucking Canadians.

What did you expect? xD

I expected us to win :P I hope Sweden crushes them on Sunday.