The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#29701 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

man wtf is the main character in the south park game silent? >.<

damn it! gave away my xbox one titanfall beta code and they are selling for like 80 bucks on ebay. -____-

Sheesh let me find a way how to get one of those I need the paper lol

#29702 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

damn it! gave away my xbox one titanfall beta code and they are selling for like 80 bucks on ebay. -____-

Sheesh let me find a way how to get one of those I need the paper lol. And Im so sad its not coming on PS4..

#29703 Edited by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -
#29704 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

gmg had 10 bucks off titanfall so i guess that's an ok deal.

march is packed... inFamous Second Son, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2... Isn't Watch Dogs supposed to launch in March too?

Watch Dogs is June but FFX/X-2 HD, BlazBlue Chronophantasma, and MGS: GZ are all out in March. So yeah, March is packed.

Ah..

The beta for Titanfall make it seems good enough that I'm considering selling my PS3 now that I've finished the Last of Us DLC... I think with Titanfall and inFamous I could stomach waiting for the PC version of Dark Souls 2.

It's a bummer I have relatively no interest now in Lords of Shadow 2.. Not really sure why, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the epilogue of Lords of Shadow that I want to see more of so bad..

Though if I end up selling my PS3 that leaves FFX for the Vita, MGS: GZ for PS4, InFamous for PS4, Titanfall for PC and probably some smaller releases I'm missing.. Yay, video games are back.

I'm still very much interested in LoS2. I downloaded the demo on Steam so I'm gonna try it out later tonight. Not sure if I'll pick it up day 1 or not though since I did still wanna replay the first game and I'm still working on Lightning Returns and Bravely Default in addition to playing FFXIV almost every night. Probably won't really have the time for it until at least April so if I do decide to hold off on LoS2 hopefully it's dropped in price by then or I can get it on sale. Is the Titanfall beta open? Might give that a try too if it is.

#29705 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW: persona 5 m8

And yeah this is reason enough to hold onto your PS3 even though we probably won't see it here until at least early 2015.

#29706 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Sheesh let me find a way how to get one of those I need the paper lol. And Im so sad its not coming on PS4..

The sequel will be.

#29707 Edited by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

@LightR said:

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

The sequel will be.

It is what it is. Im pretty content with what PS4 has for free atm.

#29708 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

I have gone back and forth on Ground Zeroes so much but at this point I'm just excited to play it so I know if I hate Keifer Sutherland as Snake or not.

#29710 Edited by yokofox33 (29367 posts) -

Damn. I had two Titanfall beta codes. I used one for myself and then gave one to my friend. I haven't even played the beta yet. I should have just sold both on Ebay. I really could have used the cash badly. I'm bleeding in the finance department.

#29711 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

I have gone back and forth on Ground Zeroes so much but at this point I'm just excited to play it so I know if I hate Keifer Sutherland as Snake or not.

As excited as I am to play it I think I'm gonna hold off until MGSV comes out and the price has dropped so I can play them together. Not worth $40 for like a 3 hour game.

#29712 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

Damn. I had two Titanfall beta codes. I used one for myself and then gave one to my friend. I haven't even played the beta yet. I should have just sold both on Ebay. I really could have used the cash badly. I'm bleeding in the finance department.

The beta is totally open at this point on Xbox and PC so they aren't worth anything anymore.. But yeah, I definitely wish I cashed in on my Xbox One code..

#29713 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

Looks like I'll be getting my hands dirty in British Colombia this summer! I killed those interviews.

#29714 Edited by LightR (17445 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

The beta is totally open at this point on Xbox and PC so they aren't worth anything anymore.. But yeah, I definitely wish I cashed in on my Xbox One code..

Was it only in closed Beta for a few days or what?

#29715 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

Just finished up the demo for LoS2. I can already tell it is gonna be pretty badass. Might wind up getting it release day after all now :P

#29716 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Where do you go to download the beta? I wanna try it.

#29717 Edited by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

As excited as I am to play it I think I'm gonna hold off until MGSV comes out and the price has dropped so I can play them together. Not worth $40 for like a 3 hour game.

Why not ? I'm sure you're not just going to play it straight. There are side missions and a few extra things to do on Ground Zeroes besides just the main story.

#29718 Posted by starwarsjunky (24730 posts) -

Oh yeah swj, I finally beat Gaurda Hard last night. Took me 2 more runs (3 tries) to get it but I finally got it done. The first run we wiped the first try because the tanks got mixed up who was OT and MT. The second try that run we got pretty close. I fired off Meteor on the 3rd time she summoned the adds and it one-shotted both of them, but unfortunately at that point like 5 of our guys were dead and we didn't recover fast enough and wiped. They all abandon so I queue up again and we got it first try next run. I was worried I had burned the LB a set too soon on the adds so I was a bit paranoid the next time through. We got into a pretty similar situation as far as where her health was at when she summoned them the 3rd time I wasn't sure if I should use Meteor but they told me to LB so I did, but this time we still had a full party alive with mostly full HP so we went to work on her after that. Runs like that really show that I really shouldn't have been having nearly as much trouble with it as I did. As long as everyone does their job the right way it's really not THAT difficult of a fight. I got so mad though cause a THM weapon dropped when we beat her but there were 2 BLMs and the other one rolled a higher need than me :( Oh well. Titan hard mode up next. Gonna give that a shot tonight.

very nice! just some advice, don't use DF for titan. too many people can't dodge. at least make it party finder. got to 50 on my white mage last night, and did everything except for titan on the relic quest today. wish we could coordinate a run through together lol. i'm actually feeling as though i'm not a horrible healer =P

#29719 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Why not ? I'm sure you're not just going to play it straight. There are side missions and a few extra things to do on Ground Zeroes besides just the main story.

Regardless of whether I play through it straight or break it up $40 for a 3 hour game is way overpriced. Even factoring in side stuff it should be $20 tops and even then they probably could have included it along with MGSV the same way the Tanker Chapter and Virtuous Mission were in MGS2 and MGS3. It's basically the same thing.

#29720 Edited by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

Oh yeah swj, I finally beat Gaurda Hard last night. Took me 2 more runs (3 tries) to get it but I finally got it done. The first run we wiped the first try because the tanks got mixed up who was OT and MT. The second try that run we got pretty close. I fired off Meteor on the 3rd time she summoned the adds and it one-shotted both of them, but unfortunately at that point like 5 of our guys were dead and we didn't recover fast enough and wiped. They all abandon so I queue up again and we got it first try next run. I was worried I had burned the LB a set too soon on the adds so I was a bit paranoid the next time through. We got into a pretty similar situation as far as where her health was at when she summoned them the 3rd time I wasn't sure if I should use Meteor but they told me to LB so I did, but this time we still had a full party alive with mostly full HP so we went to work on her after that. Runs like that really show that I really shouldn't have been having nearly as much trouble with it as I did. As long as everyone does their job the right way it's really not THAT difficult of a fight. I got so mad though cause a THM weapon dropped when we beat her but there were 2 BLMs and the other one rolled a higher need than me :( Oh well. Titan hard mode up next. Gonna give that a shot tonight.

very nice! just some advice, don't use DF for titan. too many people can't dodge. at least make it party finder. got to 50 on my white mage last night, and did everything except for titan on the relic quest today. wish we could coordinate a run through together lol. i'm actually feeling as though i'm not a horrible healer =P

I found a couple decent groups with the Duty Finder on Titan. People kept leaving after like the second try even if we got close though which is annoying. I mean, sometimes you can tell it's not gonna happen. I can't tell you how many stupid ass DPS I played with tonight and you just know we're not gonna get it. There were multiple times where I was literally the only DPS left and the heart still at half HP. The few good groups I did get though we were just barely missing it but they still kept giving up. Like the last time I did it the heart was 1 more hit away from breaking, I had my Firestarter up and was about to cast and he jumped. Literally 1 more second and we had the heart but everyone decides to quit anyway. I have the fight down pretty much to a science by now. I haven't died even once like the last 10-15 times I've done it. Even my friend who already has his relic died a few times and I didn't lol It's really not that hard though. People just need to learn to move around better to dodge. It would be cool to try and coordinate a run though. Chances of it happening are pretty much zero since everyone and their mother queues up for Titan but worth a try lol I always launch the game through Steam so if you see me playing send me a message and we can try and queue at the same time. I'm usually online after work around 12:30 AM. The good thing about Titan is it's literally the shortest I've ever had to wait for the Duty Finder. Pretty much every time is under a minute and sometimes even instant which you never see for DPS.

#29721 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

@Texas2089: pc version is still only open to people who registered. :(

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/16/5418284/titanfall-beta-opens-to-all-pc-users-who-registered

#29722 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70678 posts) -

So sick of all this Titanfall stuff, everyone is going apecrap over this game

#29723 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

Just finished up the demo for LoS2. I can already tell it is gonna be pretty badass. Might wind up getting it release day after all now :P

Just played it. It looks and plays just like the first game, which is cool except for all the hand holding. Does it really have to zoom in on the objective every single time? Does it really have to stop you in the middle of a fight to tell you what button to push to progress? That kind of stuff is so annoying, and it's precisely the reason I abandoned my replay of the first game. I wish they would treat me like a big boy, dammit. Anyway, I do want to play it at least once. I want to kick some Belmont ass.

#29724 Edited by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Regardless of whether I play through it straight or break it up $40 for a 3 hour game is way overpriced. Even factoring in side stuff it should be $20 tops and even then they probably could have included it along with MGSV the same way the Tanker Chapter and Virtuous Mission were in MGS2 and MGS3. It's basically the same thing.

But you spent over 100.00 on the FFXIII series yet it was basically the same thing ? Lightning Returns is just another glamor with a battle system saying "sorry for the previous bullshit but you still get a confusing story of wtf but look on the bright side, Lightning gets in touch with her fashion sense"

#29725 Posted by LightR (17445 posts) -

Today in news. Titanfall should have 14 maps, The Order trailer out tomorrow, and Ellen Page is gay.

#29726 Edited by yokofox33 (29367 posts) -

So, in the past 2 days my dog has chewed and destroyed both TV remotes and my computer mouse. I'm beyond fucking pissed.

#29727 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@Texas2089: pc version is still only open to people who registered. :(

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/16/5418284/titanfall-beta-opens-to-all-pc-users-who-registered

Well I didn't register beforehand so guess I'm screwed then?

#29728 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

Animals, man. Fuck their teeth!

#29729 Posted by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

So I went ahead and bought the PS Gold headset for $99. They work just fine. They feel much better on my head than the TB's. I also like the hidden mic much better too.

#29730 Posted by yokofox33 (29367 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: I haven't crated her in months. She's on my balcony now inside her crate. I don't even want to look at her right now. The worst part was when I was trying to grab her she tried to bite me. I about fucking lost it right then.

*I didn't hit her, I promise.

#29731 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

Just played it. It looks and plays just like the first game, which is cool except for all the hand holding. Does it really have to zoom in on the objective every single time? Does it really have to stop you in the middle of a fight to tell you what button to push to progress? That kind of stuff is so annoying, and it's precisely the reason I abandoned my replay of the first game. I wish they would treat me like a big boy, dammit. Anyway, I do want to play it at least once. I want to kick some Belmont ass.

There's an option to turn off QTEs if that's what you mean. Wish more games would adopt that. That way people that enjoy them can still have them, but for people that hate them they just turn them off and they're good to go.

@Texas2089 said:

@Young_Charter said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

But you spent over 100.00 on the FFXIII series yet it was basically the same thing ? Lightning Returns is just another glamor with a battle system saying "sorry for the previous bullshit but you still get a confusing story of wtf but look on the bright side, Lightning gets in touch with her fashion sense"

Your analogy makes zero sense. I was likening Ground Zeroes to the Tanker Chapter and Virtuous Mission in that it's the prequel portion to the main game. Except in the first 2 cases it was included with the main game at no additional cost, but in this case they're cash grabbing and selling it separately at way too high of a price. I in no way said that playing Ground Zeroes was like playing the same game over again which is apparently what you're arguing against. As someone who has played all 3 FFXIII games, no they're not all basically the same thing. Each game has completely different gameplay and obviously completely new stories. And I'd much rather $60 on a game that's gonna get me 30-50 hours than $40 on a 3 hour game.

#29732 Edited by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

I'll be honest.... I can't see myself forking over $40 for a 4 hours game with no MP. but I do love me some MGS.

#29733 Edited by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

I'll be honest.... I can't see myself forking over $40 for a 4 hours game with no MP. but I do love me some MGS.

Thank you lol. Instead I got a lecture from the kid yet its MGS lol. Hideo Kojima takes a great deal of time on his titles has yet to let anyone down. If you don't want to spend your 40.00, cool. Instead, wait for a copy used or rent it and sent it back when you're done.

#29734 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct: I haven't crated her in months. She's on my balcony now inside her crate. I don't even want to look at her right now. The worst part was when I was trying to grab her she tried to bite me. I about fucking lost it right then.

Yeah, dude, it sucks getting mad at animals. There's no way to tell them how much they suck. So frustrating.

@Texas2089: I meant the stuff where the camera pans through the whole level, slowly passing over each hand hold to show you exactly where to climb; then where it zooms in on each of those nodes you have to get the archer to destroy in order to progress (3 nodes in 3 different places = 9 times they wasted my time); and right after the nodes, it zooms in on whatever was behind the nodes for about five seconds so it can remind you to walk over and hit 'B' to interact with it. I just get really annoyed by stuff like that takes me out of the game for no reason. Turning off QTEs is a huge plus, but they should really implement a "Not a Dumbass" mode. :P

#29735 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

OK let me stop @Texas2089: I was trolling I hope you forgive me :)

#29736 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Yeah, dude, it sucks getting mad at animals. There's no way to tell them how much they suck. So frustrating.

@Texas2089: I meant the stuff where the camera pans through the whole level, slowly passing over each hand hold to show you exactly where to climb; then where it zooms in on each of those nodes you have to get the archer to destroy in order to progress (3 nodes in 3 different places = 9 times they wasted my time); and right after the nodes, it zooms in on whatever was behind the nodes for about five seconds so it can remind you to walk over and hit 'B' to interact with it. I just get really annoyed by stuff like that takes me out of the game for no reason. Turning off QTEs is a huge plus, but they should really implement a "Not a Dumbass" mode. :P

Lol yeah "Not a Dumbass" mode would really benefit a lot of games. You should trademark that :P I do agree that zooming in on the brackets every single time was annoying. The first time isn't so bad since otherwise you would never think to let the archer blow those off. After that though, you don't need to show it to me every single time. Hopefully it gets better when you get later in the game.

#29737 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

lol :)

#29738 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

To be fair, if you only think the game is worth 20 dollars, you can buy it brand new for 20 bucks. Definitely won't look as pretty, but it can be had for 20 bucks.

Also, it isn't uncommon for the main quest in open world games to be complete-able in a short amount of time.. I wonder how much side stuff GZ will have.

#29739 Edited by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

#29740 Edited by Terrencec06 (3457 posts) -

To be fair, if you only think the game is worth 20 dollars, you can buy it brand new for 20 bucks. Definitely won't look as pretty, but it can be had for 20 bucks.

Also, it isn't uncommon for the main quest in open world games to be complete-able in a short amount of time.. I wonder how much side stuff GZ will have.

Very true.... but I want to play it on my PS4 :(

#29741 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Very true.... but I want to play it on my PS4 :(

I do too.. Comes out next month right ?

#29742 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

More specifically, we're talking about a MGS game here. Every game in the series can be beat in 3 - 5 hours. That said, though, I can't imagine beating any of them that quick on my first play through. Ground Zeroes is probably easier to run through since it's open world and has so many new stealth tricks (and more survivability on Snake's behalf, from what I've seen). Honestly, I think having an open world greatly cheapens the stealth experience. There's almost always an easier route to take. And if there's an easier route, what's the point of setting up a fun and challenging one? Anyway, we'll see how that goes. I think 3 hours is plenty long enough considering those folks were probably rushing through it.

#29743 Edited by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

More specifically, we're talking about a MGS game here. Every game in the series can be beat in 3 - 5 hours. That said, though, I can't imagine beating any of them that quick on my first play through. Ground Zeroes is probably easier to run through since it's open world and has so many new stealth tricks (and more survivability on Snake's behalf, from what I've seen). Honestly, I think having an open world greatly cheapens the stealth experience. There's almost always an easier route to take. And if there's an easier route, what's the point of setting up a fun and challenging one? Anyway, we'll see how that goes. I think 3 hours is plenty long enough considering those folks were probably rushing through it.

Heh, yeah, didn't think of that.

ALSO, I've paid 60 dollars for two different "four hour" games with Revengeance and Vanquish.. Really dug both of them. :P

#29744 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13130 posts) -

I've paid full price for games I've never even played. I know I'd turn GZ on at least.

#29745 Edited by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

I hate to be that guy, and I really like Alex Navarro, but I wonder how much he gets paid from Giant Bomb.

He doesn't do SHIT. At all.

Patrick moves out of the office and is churning out content constantly.. Alex moves out of the office long before and has put up like 2 EB's and wrote a few Guns of Navarro articles.

#29746 Edited by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

George Broussard ethers every FPS developer in one tweet:

@georgeb3dr: We're nearly 10 years past Half Life 2 (Nov 2004) and FPS shooters have yet to reach that bar and have gone backwards."

#29747 Edited by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

George Broussard ethers every FPS developer in one tweet:

@georgeb3dr: We're nearly 10 years past Half Life 2 (Nov 2004) and FPS shooters have yet to reach that bar and have gone backwards."

lol HL2 was boss though. I enjoyed the crap out of it. Especially Episode 1 and 2.

#29748 Posted by MethodManFTW (25586 posts) -

Yeah people really seem to love the Half Life series.. HL2 in specific.

I wish I could play it, but a silent protagonist in a corridor shooter? Those are like 2 things I hate most.

----

Watching last nights Walking Dead.. God damn. Wasn't crazy about last weeks mid-season premiere, but this weeks episode... God damn. For all the dumb bullshit that can be in this show it looks to be down a great path.

#29749 Posted by Young_Charter (19846 posts) -

Watching last nights Walking Dead.. God damn. Wasn't crazy about last weeks mid-season premiere, but this weeks episode... God damn. For all the dumb bullshit that can be in this show it looks to be down a great path.

I just started season 3 lol

#29750 Posted by Texas2089 (16444 posts) -

Pretty damn good night in FFXIV. Went through the Crystal Tower 3 times and on the 3rd run I got a Crimson Vest. Probably could have saved my weekly drop for another piece that I have a lower level since I already have a good chest piece and I still need a hat to use it but I'm happy with it since chest pieces seem to be the hardest to track down. Then after that I decided to give Titan a try and we beat him first run, 3rd try. Could have had it first or second try but we were down a DPS both times. First try our Monk lagged and got caught by Landslide and we still came about 2 hits from killing the heart. Second try I got caught in the gaol and right as they break me out he uses Landslide and there was no way for me to get out of it and again they still came REALLY close to killing the heart even down a DPS both times. Got him the next try though. Super happy to finally have my Stardust Rod.