The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#29651 Posted by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

@LightR: I'm glad they finally opened up areas and have bad humans and infected in the same area so you can try to get them to fight together...

At least that is what I think I read about it.

Anyone have Last of Us that doesn't have Left Behind? Think I have an open slot on it.

lol i didn't even play TLOU yet. still in the plastic :P

#29652 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@LightR: I'm glad they finally opened up areas and have bad humans and infected in the same area so you can try to get them to fight together...

Anyone have Last of Us that doesn't have Left Behind? Think I have an open slot on it.

i'd just keep playing that final fantasy mmo :P

#29653 Edited by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@MethodManFTW said:

i'd just keep playing that final fantasy mmo :P

i plan to =D

but i do wanna start splitting with other games. its just hard to pull myself away. haha.

#29654 Edited by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

Man Garuda Hard is wrecking me so bad. I've tried running it 4 times and wiped a total of 9 times. No idea what the issue is. Got Ifrit Hard first try no problem. Even got a weapon from him. Garuda though? Fuck man. I don't know what the issue was the first couple times but I know the last time I went with 2 of my friends that got on late and the one that beat it before was saying the OT kept screwing up the 2 adds she spawns. The dumb fuck even burned the LB when she does her big attack that wipes the pillars. I'm guessing that's been the problem with the rest of my runs too cause it was a pretty similar result. Either way this fight is pissing me off. I just want my relic :(

grats on the weapon! hahaha if you're taking a ton of damage when they appear, most likely the OT isn't getting hate on the redline one fast enough. ot pulls the red line sister one direction(pointed away from the party), MT keeps garuda faced a different way, and you all should be dps'ing the green sister(no one "tanking" it). best time for LB is the BLM/SMN one, in the plumes/sisters phase. make sure you have 3 bars. tanks should NOT be using their LB in this fight. can't remember the last time i've even wiped ONCE on that fight :P

Yeah every time those 2 spawn it just turns to complete madness so the OT definitely is not doing his job properly. Any of the ones I've gone with. And my friend said the same thing, that when she spawns them the 3rd time it's Meteor time to one shot them and finish off the boss from there. No idea why the tank thought to use LB there when no matter what you do the only thing that reduces the damage is how many pillars are left. Might be the single worst use of a LB I've ever seen. Gonna try it again tonight and hopefully I get some competent people cause I'm tired of doing this fight.

#29655 Posted by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

Man Garuda Hard is wrecking me so bad. I've tried running it 4 times and wiped a total of 9 times. No idea what the issue is. Got Ifrit Hard first try no problem. Even got a weapon from him. Garuda though? Fuck man. I don't know what the issue was the first couple times but I know the last time I went with 2 of my friends that got on late and the one that beat it before was saying the OT kept screwing up the 2 adds she spawns. The dumb fuck even burned the LB when she does her big attack that wipes the pillars. I'm guessing that's been the problem with the rest of my runs too cause it was a pretty similar result. Either way this fight is pissing me off. I just want my relic :(

grats on the weapon! hahaha if you're taking a ton of damage when they appear, most likely the OT isn't getting hate on the redline one fast enough. ot pulls the red line sister one direction(pointed away from the party), MT keeps garuda faced a different way, and you all should be dps'ing the green sister(no one "tanking" it). best time for LB is the BLM/SMN one, in the plumes/sisters phase. make sure you have 3 bars. tanks should NOT be using their LB in this fight. can't remember the last time i've even wiped ONCE on that fight :P

Yeah every time those 2 spawn it just turns to complete madness so the OT definitely is not doing his job properly. Any of the ones I've gone with. And my friend said the same thing, that when she spawns them the 3rd time it's Meteor time to one shot them and finish off the boss from there. No idea why the tank thought to use LB there when no matter what you do the only thing that reduces the damage is how many pillars are left. Might be the single worst use of a LB I've ever seen. Gonna try it again tonight and hopefully I get some competent people cause I'm tired of doing this fight.

thats LITERALLY the off-tank's only job in the entire fight. there's no excuse for it. and the game always gives plenty of warning that its coming up...maybe get a macro with sound effect you can spam when they pop to get their attention. the LB can reduce the damage taken, but as long as the pillars aren't getting hit overly hard, its unnecessary. certainly not the worst use, since i have a tendency to try and use it before the DPS can. *evilface*

#29656 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (12831 posts) -

Honestly, every encounter with the infected felt unnatural. Naturally, I'd run at the slightest hint of a click, not try to wreck them with a Sprite bottle.

#29657 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65924 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That is one hell of a quote chain

right? :P

isn't the ToU specific with only letting 5 be max?

thought that was for separate ones? idk.

I don't know either, i though that applied for everywhere

@LightR said:

GS gives it a 9. Only bad thing: Forced combat in one area feels unnatural. LMFAO.

And it got a better rating than the game itself... Who the hell are gamespot hiring? Tom McShea is a disaster

#29658 Edited by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Either way, this place has a very different dynamic from the other threads here. hard to really say that it should be governed by the same rules.

#29659 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@LightR said:

GS gives it a 9. Only bad thing: Forced combat in one area feels unnatural. LMFAO.

And it got a better rating than the game itself... Who the hell are gamespot hiring? Tom McShea is a disaster

DLC can never be more enjoyable than the main game?

#29660 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

gironimmooooo

#29661 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

I think I'd be a lot more interested in FFXIV if there was some kind of rogue or thief-like class. None of the classes as it is really appeal that much to me.

#29662 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

I think I'd be a lot more interested in FFXIV if there was some kind of rogue or thief-like class. None of the classes as it is really appeal that much to me.

I'd probably be more interested if it were FFVII

#29663 Edited by ryrulez (11542 posts) -

Ah funk my last of us disk is at my mammy's.

#29664 Posted by ryrulez (11542 posts) -

'Funk'. Smdh autocorrect.

#29665 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

Ah funk my last of us disk is at my mammy's.

#29666 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

man wtf is the main character in the south park game silent? >.<

damn it! gave away my xbox one titanfall beta code and they are selling for like 80 bucks on ebay. -____-

#29667 Posted by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

thats LITERALLY the off-tank's only job in the entire fight. there's no excuse for it. and the game always gives plenty of warning that its coming up...maybe get a macro with sound effect you can spam when they pop to get their attention. the LB can reduce the damage taken, but as long as the pillars aren't getting hit overly hard, its unnecessary. certainly not the worst use, since i have a tendency to try and use it before the DPS can. *evilface*

Well all 4 pillars were still up so yeah, we definitely did NOT need the damage reduction...

#29668 Edited by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

My friend is pretty confident that Thief is gonna be a new class with the first expansion. He's saying probably at least Thief and Red Mage. They had similar classes in XI so there's a good chance there will be something along those lines at some point for XIV.

#29669 Edited by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

My friend is pretty confident that Thief is gonna be a new class with the first expansion. He's saying probably at least Thief and Red Mage. They had similar classes in XI so there's a good chance there will be something along those lines at some point for XIV.

also, the king moogle mog fight has a thief in it.

#29670 Posted by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@whiskeystrike said:

Does it? I just unlocked it last night so I haven't had a chance to do it yet. Really looking forward to it though. The music is so awesome lol

#29672 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Hmm, yeah. How often do expansions come out for MMOs? Like every 2-3 years?

In the meantime I think I'm gonna start playing a pugilist. Seems like a pretty fun class and versatile to boot.

Lots of guys in the SW lounge playing as well, might jump in with them since there's like 4 of em to boot.

#29673 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

to boot to boot

god when did I pick up such a stupid saying

#29674 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

Just finished Left Behind.

Wow.

Best DLC ever? I joke because of how quick everyone is to crown TLOU, but not a ton of competition for best DLC ever is there?

But yeah, fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.

Anyone that can use US PSN codes for it let me know and I can probably hook you up.

#29675 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Best DLC? Hmmmm

Never really buy DLC unless it comes included in some kind of GOTY edition.

GTAIV DLC was pretty rad. Clap-trap Revolution on Borderlands was also definitely enjoyable.

#29676 Posted by ryrulez (11542 posts) -
#29677 Posted by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

What a game between the US and Russia. Totally worth it to wake up at 7:30 AM to watch it. Patrick Kane is such a bum though. Two golden chances in OT and he misses both of them. Good thing Oshie and Quick bailed him out in the shootout. Huge break to have that goal called off too but whatever. I'll take it.

#29678 Edited by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

In the meantime I think I'm gonna start playing a pugilist. Seems like a pretty fun class and versatile to boot.

Lots of guys in the SW lounge playing as well, might jump in with them since there's like 4 of em to boot.

Idk when the expansion would come out, but the patches they're releasing are pretty sizable additions to the game so it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to add a class or 2 with 2.3 which should be out in a few months. You could try playing Marauder/Warrior too. My friend started playing it as his secondary and he loves it so far. I'm gonna finish getting my Gladiator to 30 to unlock Paladin and then I'll probably start working on that and see if I like it any better.

Wow.

Best DLC ever? I joke because of how quick everyone is to crown TLOU, but not a ton of competition for best DLC ever is there?

Anyone that can use US PSN codes for it let me know and I can probably hook you up.

Does the DLC spoil anything from the main story? As much as I love the story I still haven't finished the main game because I'm really tired of the combat system and the stealth is just not fun either. From what I've heard there's significantly less focus on combat in the DLC so I'd probably be much more inclined to play that through and maybe that would give me the motivation to finish the game.

#29679 Edited by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

they put out a new patch with new content every 3-4 months. i may be mistaken, but i believe the one in march will add new classes and/or jobs.

#29680 Posted by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@whiskeystrike said:

Does it? I just unlocked it last night so I haven't had a chance to do it yet. Really looking forward to it though. The music is so awesome lol

yeah, its a really fun fight. and really easy, if you can get a decent group. still trying to get my axe from him, for vanity =P

#29681 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

@ryrulez: God damn that music is so good.

#29682 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

@Texas2089:

Well, kinda.. Something big happens around the middle (I think.. Been awhile since I played the main campaign) of the game between seasons... The DLC takes place between the season jump. And yeah, definitely less combat than the main game.. It is so satisfying to be fighting a group of infected and a group of hunters when everything is silent and you throw a beer bottle at the hunters and all the infected swarm them.

Also, the combat in the game is pretty easily broken, the shotgun is one hit kill on clickers and you can also just throw all the bottles and bricks you want at them.. It stuns them for like five seconds and you can run up and kill them.

#29683 Edited by Young_Charter (19583 posts) -

Wow. . . I lost 10 pounds in two weeks... That is amazingly insane and awesome at the same time...

Wow.

Hook me up with Left Behind ? I want to play it so if you want to work something out wassup ?

#29684 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

Best DLC? Hmmmm

GTAIV DLC was pretty rad. Clap-trap Revolution on Borderlands was also definitely enjoyable.

I buy pretty much all the DLC for every game I own.. -____-

Yeah, GTA IV DLC was great.. The Claptrap Revolution and the Tiny Tina DLC (in BL2) are both good, but not great.. I think I've finally burned out on Borderlands.. It's just fetch quest after fetch quest after fetch quest it seems..

Dragonborn DLC is freaking great.. The Dark Souls DLC is great.. So far, the BioShock Infinite is pretty interesting, not sure how it will play out though. I've heard a lot of people say Old World Blues for Fallout New Vegas is great.

AC4 Freedom Cry is fantastic.. Castlevania Lords of Shadow has some of the worst DLC I have ever played along with all the Saints Row games.. Vergil's Downfall is really fun.

#29685 Posted by Young_Charter (19583 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

Best DLC? Hmmmm

I buy pretty much all the DLC for every game I own.. -____-

Yeah, GTA IV DLC was great.. The Claptrap Revolution and the Tiny Tina DLC (in BL2) are both good, but not great.. I think I've finally burned out on Borderlands.. It's just fetch quest after fetch quest after fetch quest it seems..

Dragonborn DLC is freaking great.. The Dark Souls DLC is great.. So far, the BioShock Infinite is pretty interesting, not sure how it will play out though. I've heard a lot of people say Old World Blues for Fallout New Vegas is great.

AC4 Freedom Cry is fantastic.. Castlevania Lords of Shadow has some of the worst DLC I have ever played along with all the Saints Row games.. Vergil's Downfall is really fun.

I couldn't get into AC4. Only because I am bored of all of them already. I loved GTAIV DLC (you guys know that), I still haven't played BL2 but I do own it, and I didn't get the Skyrim DLC since I didn't even beat the main campaign yet.

#29686 Posted by ryrulez (11542 posts) -

ngl pretty much just been listening to hall and oates for the entirety of the last two days.

#29687 Edited by ryrulez (11542 posts) -

also mass effect 2 dlc >>>>>>

#29688 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

oh yeah... i just looked through my ps3 and steam library, forgot about origin.. me2 and me3 have great dlc.

so... titanfall is super fucking fun. definitely gonna buy that game at launch.

ea is kinda fucking me with this first person shooters... i've got bf4 + premium, and i'm sure titanfall will have some kinda premium dlc pack.. >.< who am i

#29689 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

gmg had 10 bucks off titanfall so i guess that's an ok deal.

march is packed... inFamous Second Son, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2... Isn't Watch Dogs supposed to launch in March too?

#29690 Posted by ryrulez (11542 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: you're playing titanfall on the pc with a controller, right? that working out alright? would probably be the only way i'd play it.

#29691 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW: you're playing titanfall on the pc with a controller, right? that working out alright? would probably be the only way i'd play it.

Yeah it has been working great.

My last experience with a competitive shooter (ie not l4d2 or payday 2) using gamepad on PC was absolutely terrible with Battlefield 3.. The gamepad support was bad as it didn't show button prompts, but would always show what keys on the keyboard to press. It's also not super easy to evade in Battlefield 3 so if someone gets a good look at you your ass is probably dead but in Titanfall you are incredibly mobile on foot and in your mech so it's pretty easy to get away and find somewhere to hide.

the controller support in Titanfall is great.. I've been using my Dual Shock 4 with the DS4 for PC program and it has been working perfectly.. Obviously it shows 360 button prompts instead but those I can convert on the fly without thinking unlike keyboard prompts.. But yeah, I'm an average shooter player and my K/D ratio vs humans is well over one.. They also show your k/d including bots, so even if you are really bad that can still make you feel powerful.

#29692 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

Also, the game is fucking beautiful. Which is awesome to be able to say about a first person shooter.. Not only is the beta packed full of cool art, but it is animated beautifully. Made me hook my PC back up to 50" TV.. I really like just using my main PC monitor because it is higher res and using multiple monitors with different resolutions does cause some small issues sometimes, but it is totally worth it to see Titanfall all blown up.

Makes me wonder though if the game really is packed full of ~20 maps how did such a small team finish this in around 2-3 years? I wonder if they outsourced art/animation/etc?

#29693 Edited by ryrulez (11542 posts) -

sounds good. my internet is really awful atm so i have no idea if i'll then be able to play it properly. they're opening up the beta so i'll try it then.

i guess the lack of singleplayer might've helped them.

#29694 Edited by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

That reminds me of another point, though I'm not sure how relevant it will be to Europe... but the servers in Titanfall, even in beta, are FUCKING PERFECT. Each game I'm usually at about 30ms ping. I can see a pretty damn big difference between EA servers and Microsoft servers jumping between Battlefield 4 and Titanfall. Lag is not uncommon to hit me in Battlefield 4 but I really haven't lagged once yet in Titanfall.

If this is consistent across all games on Microsoft servers that is a pretty big plus for the Xbox One.

#29695 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

Man, Beyonces Drunk In Love is so good...

The Kanye remix is really good and the Diplo remix is probably my favorite version.

#29696 Posted by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

march is packed... inFamous Second Son, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2... Isn't Watch Dogs supposed to launch in March too?

Watch Dogs is June but FFX/X-2 HD, BlazBlue Chronophantasma, and MGS: GZ are all out in March. So yeah, March is packed.

#29697 Edited by Texas2089 (16216 posts) -

Oh yeah swj, I finally beat Gaurda Hard last night. Took me 2 more runs (3 tries) to get it but I finally got it done. The first run we wiped the first try because the tanks got mixed up who was OT and MT. The second try that run we got pretty close. I fired off Meteor on the 3rd time she summoned the adds and it one-shotted both of them, but unfortunately at that point like 5 of our guys were dead and we didn't recover fast enough and wiped. They all abandon so I queue up again and we got it first try next run. I was worried I had burned the LB a set too soon on the adds so I was a bit paranoid the next time through. We got into a pretty similar situation as far as where her health was at when she summoned them the 3rd time I wasn't sure if I should use Meteor but they told me to LB so I did, but this time we still had a full party alive with mostly full HP so we went to work on her after that. Runs like that really show that I really shouldn't have been having nearly as much trouble with it as I did. As long as everyone does their job the right way it's really not THAT difficult of a fight. I got so mad though cause a THM weapon dropped when we beat her but there were 2 BLMs and the other one rolled a higher need than me :( Oh well. Titan hard mode up next. Gonna give that a shot tonight.

#29698 Edited by Doma666 (2 posts) -

i have a ps3.. just stoping by to say hello

#29699 Posted by MethodManFTW (24975 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Watch Dogs is June but FFX/X-2 HD, BlazBlue Chronophantasma, and MGS: GZ are all out in March. So yeah, March is packed.

Ah..

The beta for Titanfall make it seems good enough that I'm considering selling my PS3 now that I've finished the Last of Us DLC... I think with Titanfall and inFamous I could stomach waiting for the PC version of Dark Souls 2.

It's a bummer I have relatively no interest now in Lords of Shadow 2.. Not really sure why, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the epilogue of Lords of Shadow that I want to see more of so bad..

Though if I end up selling my PS3 that leaves FFX for the Vita, MGS: GZ for PS4, InFamous for PS4, Titanfall for PC and probably some smaller releases I'm missing.. Yay, video games are back.

#29700 Edited by ryrulez (11542 posts) -