The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#29601 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

So Lightning Returns gets a 5 from gamespot lol. . . .

ouch! hope its just gamespot being gamespot...

#29602 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

Eh who cares. Just got my game today so I'm gonna start it after work. 20 out of 29 scores on Metacritic so far are all 70 or better so it can't be THAT bad.

#29603 Edited by LightR (17471 posts) -

The combat system looks real good. I didn't care for the one in FF13. I prefer something purely turn-based present in games such as Pokemon without the timer. It looks a lot more fluid though and something that I'd consider playing.

#29604 Posted by LightR (17471 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

It was van Ord who reviewed it... In other news GS reports you have to pay $25 to use your own headset on Xbox One?

#29605 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@LightR said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

It was van Ord who reviewed it... In other news GS reports you have to pay $25 to use your own headset on Xbox One?

dafuq?

#29606 Edited by LightR (17471 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@LightR said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

dafuq?

It's similar to the Vita memory sticks. The jack or something that is patented needs an adapter you can buy from them. I just read headlines in GS because they're articles are usually bare-bones.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/you-ll-have-to-pay-24-99-to-use-your-own-chat-headset-on-xbox-one/1100-6417659/

#29607 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@LightR said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@LightR said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

dafuq?

It's similar to the Vita memory sticks. The jack or something that is patented needs an adapter you can buy from them. I just read headlines in GS because they're articles are usually bare-bones.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/you-ll-have-to-pay-24-99-to-use-your-own-chat-headset-on-xbox-one/1100-6417659/

yet another fail for M$. never though they could be so out of touch. i mean look at the ps4. just plug in a 1/8"(3.5mm) jack and you're good to go. the most universal one for audio there is. didn't even force it to be usb. M$ REALLY needs to get their shlt together...

#29608 Edited by Terrencec06 (3552 posts) -
@LightR said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

Never played any of the games in the series.

#29609 Posted by yokofox33 (29880 posts) -

Lightning Retuns... lulz

It's all about that Bravely Default. And Valkyria Chronicles.

#29610 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Wtf, I just got a late title screen like 1 1/2 hours into Deus Ex: The Fall..

Wtf is this game... I'm really liking it so far.. Starts off with you working with Namir and the Tyrants...

Eagerly awaiting hearing the name Adam Jensen.

#29611 Posted by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@LightR said:

@ryrulez said:

americans, how do you say 'ideology'? 'id' or 'i.d', basically.

i.d.

good. i heard some guy say id-eology earlier and it was fucked up.

I've heard people pronounce it that way before and it always confuses me..

@Terrencec06 said:

Not sure how I feel about Evolve. A player controlled Monster? Everyone says that it's fun so I'll just run with that.

I dunno man... They made L4D and that is my favorite co-op series of all time.. But I just play campaign in l4d for the most part.. Just play through the campaigns with human teammates against the zombie AI.. Don't really like versus mode where human players control all the special zombies..

#29612 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

It's amazing how much of a different it makes when you do your research before doing Crystal Tower. Just ran it now and it went sooooooooooo much better than last time. Still died on Behemoth twice (got caught in some wind thing and as soon as I accepted the Raise I got killed by Meteor lol) but I had a much easier time with the bosses this go now that I actually understand what needs to be done. And I also got lucky enough to get some Crimson Shoes from the first treasure drop so finally something I can use. Slowly but surely getting my gear up.

#29613 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:
@LightR said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Young_Charter said:

Never played any of the games in the series.

You didn't miss anything. I'm not downgrading the XIII series, but it's a waste of money. I personally say if you take interest in playing them one day, wait for Lightning Returns to be cheaper so you can get all three for the price of 1.

#29614 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

So I ran into this topic on gamefaqs with a member ranting that PSN+ is not free. . It goes. . .

"You're paying $50 a year at least to get these "Free games" when in reality the games they do give our are just subsidized costs because so many people buy PSN.

The average person will pay more for the titles they release free dependant upon how many years they subscribe to PSN, sony wins either way so it's however you as the individual want to slice your losses.

PSN+ Games are not free. They are subsidized. Thus free games are not a perk of PSN+"

Of course we are still paying for something that is still being called "Free" but you still make a killer in savings lol.

#29615 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

It's amazing how much of a different it makes when you do your research before doing Crystal Tower. Just ran it now and it went sooooooooooo much better than last time. Still died on Behemoth twice (got caught in some wind thing and as soon as I accepted the Raise I got killed by Meteor lol) but I had a much easier time with the bosses this go now that I actually understand what needs to be done. And I also got lucky enough to get some Crimson Shoes from the first treasure drop so finally something I can use. Slowly but surely getting my gear up.

yeah, the "tornados" spawn in the center of the 4 sides(N/S/E/W). best to avoid standing near there, in case they spawn. and if you feel the roar is coming, just wait til after the comet to accept the raise. got another coil drop monday, so i'm just one piece from being i90. Even if i don't see the legs drop for me, i'll have i90 next week and can truly start gearing up a 2nd class. i've already got whm boots from ct this week so i'll slowly get gear for that. what sucks is that my coil healers have seen like a combined 2 drops i think so i won't be able to gear my whm that way. gonna be just ct and myth.

#29616 Edited by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

yeah, the "tornados" spawn in the center of the 4 sides(N/S/E/W). best to avoid standing near there, in case they spawn. and if you feel the roar is coming, just wait til after the comet to accept the raise. got another coil drop monday, so i'm just one piece from being i90. Even if i don't see the legs drop for me, i'll have i90 next week and can truly start gearing up a 2nd class. i've already got whm boots from ct this week so i'll slowly get gear for that. what sucks is that my coil healers have seen like a combined 2 drops i think so i won't be able to gear my whm that way. gonna be just ct and myth.

Yeah I didn't think to look to see if he was casting it when I accepted the Raise. Just a natural reaction accept it immediately lol Still haven't gotten to Coil yet. I wanna try it though so I'm gonna work on unlocking it this week. I'm trying to get at least all i60 gear or better and then upgrade my lower ilevel gear first and slowly work my way to i80 and i90 gear. I almost have enough tomes for the Darklight pants and then I'll just need the sash and bracelets and I'll be all i60. Then I can upgrade my i60 earrings and 1 ring and then I'll be all i70. Gonna be a long road to get all i80 and i90 from there though lol Still working on my relic too. I tried doing Amdapor Keep the other day but we couldn't get past the Demon Wall so everybody abandoned the duty. I've gotten a little bit better equipment since then though so gonna try another run tonight or tomorrow.

#29617 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

Yeah I didn't think to look to see if he was casting it when I accepted the Raise. Just a natural reaction accept it immediately lol Still haven't gotten to Coil yet. I wanna try it though so I'm gonna work on unlocking it this week. I'm trying to get at least all i60 gear or better and then upgrade my lower ilevel gear first and slowly work my way to i80 and i90 gear. I almost have enough tomes for the Darklight pants and then I'll just need the sash and bracelets and I'll be all i60. Then I can upgrade my i60 earrings and 1 ring and then I'll be all i70. Gonna be a long road to get all i80 and i90 from there though lol Still working on my relic too. I tried doing Amdapor Keep the other day but we couldn't get past the Demon Wall so everybody abandoned the duty. I've gotten a little bit better equipment since then though so gonna try another run tonight or tomorrow.

yeah, at least try and do the relic quest up to ifrit or garuda hard mode. nothing's before then that you shouldn't be able to pug. just make sure you read up on all the fights before you go in. what was causing the group to lose to demon wall? people getting knocked off or the bees killing everyone? about the gear, try and make sure you cap your myth each week. then you'll be gearing up pretty fast. your darklight set will just fall in place in no time.

#29618 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13144 posts) -

The new Infamous SS gameplay vid is sooo fucking hawt. As soon as that game drops, I WILL have the PS4. C'mon, March 21st!

#29619 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13144 posts) -

Ah, guess I can't embed gifs or something? Oh, well. Take a peek at this: http://a.pomf.se/ghoqzg.gif

#29620 Edited by yokofox33 (29880 posts) -
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Ah, guess I can't embed gifs or something? Oh, well. Take a peek at this: http://a.pomf.se/ghoqzg.gif

That does look pretty hawt. That purple sword is badass.

#29621 Posted by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Yeah man, neon is the best. For anything.

Love neon colors so much.

When I heard neon was a power set in infamous 2 i was so sold... Though I was 100% going to buy the game already anyway.

Also, in a moment of inspiration, a pretty sick rap name for a white guy would be Peter Grippen.

#29622 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Two things have me super depressed right now:

1. Just filled out all the applications for healthcare.gov and read the results.

2. Comcast buying TimeWarnerCable. The ISP situation in America is SUCH A FUCKING JOKE.

Liking Rdio so far.. It is amazing on PC since you can just pick whatever songs you want to play.. The playlists your collection generates on iPad is pretty good too, though obviously just being able to pick the exact songs are better. Starting to pay for music, comics, TV/Movies, and whatnot now... If only HBO would... like... make everything free for everyone, I wouldn't pirate anything anymore.

#29623 Edited by Gamer920 (8 posts) -

check out my youtube channel The Lean Mean Scottish Gaming Machine for my ps4/ps3 gameplay and video clips. Heres its url http://www.youtube.com/user/chrismurray920

#29624 Edited by Young_Charter (19883 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Two things have me super depressed right now:

1. Just filled out all the applications for healthcare.gov and read the results.

Ehh... I can't believe how if we don't have health insurance we will be taxed more and more per year :(

#29625 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Yeah.. Though I did some more research and this could certainly be wrong, but it looks like to me, they with penalize you a percentage of your yearly income, and everyone gets a standard 20k deduction, so if you make less than 20k a year your penalty will be zero dollars. At least that is how I interpreted what I read.

You guys excited about Titanfall? I watched the Giant Bomb video of it yesterday and it looks pretty cool but I can't help but think I am not gonna have any fun with it... I had zero fun with Battlefield 3 on PC.. Its controller support wasn't the greatest, but KB/M vs gamepad for PC FPSs is just too tough for me.. I'm just an average shooter player on consoles so I just get steamrolled on PC.

#29626 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

yeah, at least try and do the relic quest up to ifrit or garuda hard mode. nothing's before then that you shouldn't be able to pug. just make sure you read up on all the fights before you go in. what was causing the group to lose to demon wall? people getting knocked off or the bees killing everyone? about the gear, try and make sure you cap your myth each week. then you'll be gearing up pretty fast. your darklight set will just fall in place in no time.

We all kept dying. Our healer wasn't the greatest though. I did it again last night and the group was soooo much better. We did wipe once on the wall but the second time through they had me LB when the bees spawned and we got through it pretty easily. And yeah I'm gonna try and get as much myth as I can each week. As I farm the myth the philosophy comes with it so you're right, it'll just fall into place.

#29627 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

The new Infamous SS gameplay vid is sooo fucking hawt. As soon as that game drops, I WILL have the PS4. C'mon, March 21st!

Really cannot wait for that game. That gif looks so awesome. I had fully planned on getting my PS4 when it came out but now I'm thinking I may still hold off for a bit. As much as I wanna play inFamous as soon as it comes out, it would still be the only PS4 game that I'd want to play, so after I finished it my PS4 would just sit there until something else came out. Plus I think there's a good chance that they make a special edition PS4 for FFXV so I kinda wanna hold out and see if they do make one, cause if they do it's an instabuy no matter how much it costs.

#29628 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

4 dayyyyyyyyyyyy

#29629 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Also, Nintendo Direct in under an hour.

Bayo 2, X and Smash will all be there. I pwomise.

Get hyped.

#29630 Posted by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

@whiskeystrike said:

4 dayyyyyyyyyyyy

4 day weekend?

#29631 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

Man it is taking everything I have not to buy the costume DLC for Lightning Returns. I'm even considering shelling out $20-30 to get the Aerith costume off ebay because I didn't feel like using SE's crappy online store for their exclusive CE. Wonder how long I'll make it before I break and buy DLC...

#29632 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@whiskeystrike said:

4 dayyyyyyyyyyyy

4 day weekend?

yes.

I was thinking about playing some civ 5 all weekend but on second thought I have some things I'd like to do actually.

#29633 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Nice dude, that sounds awesome. I've got Saturday and Sunday off this week myself, doesn't usually work out that way.

Also, listening to some music and a Ke$ha song played right after the new Lady Gaga song... I used to make fun of Yoko for listening to them when I first joined Gamespot.. How wrong I was... :P

#29634 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

A rare sight to see. We lost, but I still think it's the first time I've finished top of the leaderboard in a game so far. :O

Having so much more fun on console as opposed to PC.

#29635 Posted by Texas2089 (16448 posts) -

Man Garuda Hard is wrecking me so bad. I've tried running it 4 times and wiped a total of 9 times. No idea what the issue is. Got Ifrit Hard first try no problem. Even got a weapon from him. Garuda though? Fuck man. I don't know what the issue was the first couple times but I know the last time I went with 2 of my friends that got on late and the one that beat it before was saying the OT kept screwing up the 2 adds she spawns. The dumb fuck even burned the LB when she does her big attack that wipes the pillars. I'm guessing that's been the problem with the rest of my runs too cause it was a pretty similar result. Either way this fight is pissing me off. I just want my relic :(

#29636 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

Man Garuda Hard is wrecking me so bad. I've tried running it 4 times and wiped a total of 9 times. No idea what the issue is. Got Ifrit Hard first try no problem. Even got a weapon from him. Garuda though? Fuck man. I don't know what the issue was the first couple times but I know the last time I went with 2 of my friends that got on late and the one that beat it before was saying the OT kept screwing up the 2 adds she spawns. The dumb fuck even burned the LB when she does her big attack that wipes the pillars. I'm guessing that's been the problem with the rest of my runs too cause it was a pretty similar result. Either way this fight is pissing me off. I just want my relic :(

grats on the weapon! hahaha if you're taking a ton of damage when they appear, most likely the OT isn't getting hate on the redline one fast enough. ot pulls the red line sister one direction(pointed away from the party), MT keeps garuda faced a different way, and you all should be dps'ing the green sister(no one "tanking" it). best time for LB is the BLM/SMN one, in the plumes/sisters phase. make sure you have 3 bars. tanks should NOT be using their LB in this fight. can't remember the last time i've even wiped ONCE on that fight :P

#29637 Edited by yokofox33 (29880 posts) -

I'm downloading the Titanfall beta for Xbox One right now. I'm definitely sold on the controller, just not the game yet XD

#29638 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72273 posts) -

That is one hell of a quote chain

#29639 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

right? :P

#29640 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Anyone here have an Xbox One that wants a Titanfall beta code?

#29641 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72273 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

isn't the ToU specific with only letting 5 be max?

#29642 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

heck yeah, have most of next week off. think im gonna play metro last light.

been thinking about trying to finally write about journey a lot recently.

#29643 Edited by LightR (17471 posts) -

I bought the Civ Humble bundle. Started a game with the Celts. I got an amazing start beside three forests and 6 silver veins. I had a full blown religion 50 turns before most and rushed caravans. Everybody had my religion on the continent, so three of my friends. So fun, I really don`t know how religion helps though.

#29644 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

isn't the ToU specific with only letting 5 be max?

thought that was for separate ones? idk.

#29645 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

Got Titanfall and Left Behind downloading at home.. Pls work be over.

#29646 Posted by LightR (17471 posts) -

I`ve seen nothing but good things about Left Behind.

#29647 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

@LightR said:

I`ve seen nothing but good things about Left Behind.

wat dat?

#29648 Edited by LightR (17471 posts) -

DLC for the Last of Us.

#29649 Posted by LightR (17471 posts) -

GS gives it a 9. Only bad thing: Forced combat in one area feels unnatural. LMFAO.

#29650 Edited by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

@LightR: I'm glad they finally opened up areas and have bad humans and infected in the same area so you can try to get them to fight together...

At least that is what I think I read about it.

Anyone have Last of Us that doesn't have Left Behind? Think I have an open slot on it.