The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#29001 Posted by Terrencec06 (3382 posts) -

Why does today feel like a Monday?

#29002 Edited by Texas2089 (16379 posts) -

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

I wish it did. Or there was at least a way to check it. I'm really curious how many hours I've actually put into the game.

#29003 Posted by starwarsjunky (24670 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

I wish it did. Or there was at least a way to check it. I'm really curious how many hours I've actually put into the game.

it'd be cool to see. but i'd be afraid to actually know xD

and Ultima hard mode is a punk. now that i have him on farm, i need to work on downing the extreme primals. we're pretty close to downing Garuda, i think.

#29004 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68569 posts) -

Why does today feel like a Monday?

Because it's "Monday" :P

#29005 Edited by Texas2089 (16379 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

I wish it did. Or there was at least a way to check it. I'm really curious how many hours I've actually put into the game.

it'd be cool to see. but i'd be afraid to actually know xD

and Ultima hard mode is a punk. now that i have him on farm, i need to work on downing the extreme primals. we're pretty close to downing Garuda, i think.

I still haven't even gone through Stone Vigil yet and fought Garuda on normal. I was waiting for some of my lower level friends to catch up but it's taking forever and FATE grinding is starting to get tiresome so I haven't played as much over the last few days. Can't wait to try out the extreme primals when we're all ready. Also I was reading something about the 2.2 patch and it's supposed to have Leviathan which is awesome.

#29006 Posted by starwarsjunky (24670 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

I wish it did. Or there was at least a way to check it. I'm really curious how many hours I've actually put into the game.

it'd be cool to see. but i'd be afraid to actually know xD

and Ultima hard mode is a punk. now that i have him on farm, i need to work on downing the extreme primals. we're pretty close to downing Garuda, i think.

I still haven't even gone through Stone Vigil yet and fought Garuda on normal. I was waiting for some of my lower level friends to catch up but it's taking forever and FATE grinding is starting to get tiresome so I haven't played as much over the last few days. Can't wait to try out the extreme primals when we're all ready. Also I was reading something about the 2.2 patch and it's supposed to have Leviathan which is awesome.

well if you want to run them, you can always switch to Balmung ;) My guild has like 115 people or something. decent number are inactive, but still a lot to help whenever you're doing something.

Yeah, it'll have Leviathan and something else. don't think they revealed the other yet.

#29007 Posted by starwarsjunky (24670 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

I wish it did. Or there was at least a way to check it. I'm really curious how many hours I've actually put into the game.

it'd be cool to see. but i'd be afraid to actually know xD

and Ultima hard mode is a punk. now that i have him on farm, i need to work on downing the extreme primals. we're pretty close to downing Garuda, i think.

I still haven't even gone through Stone Vigil yet and fought Garuda on normal. I was waiting for some of my lower level friends to catch up but it's taking forever and FATE grinding is starting to get tiresome so I haven't played as much over the last few days. Can't wait to try out the extreme primals when we're all ready. Also I was reading something about the 2.2 patch and it's supposed to have Leviathan which is awesome.

well if you want to run them, you can always switch to Balmung ;) My guild has like 115 people or something. decent number are inactive, but still a lot to help whenever you're doing something.

Yeah, it'll have Leviathan and something else. don't think they revealed the other yet.

also, if you're fate grinding you're doing it wrong. dungeons are the way to go now. They give tons of experience.

#29008 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

They got you bro.. They got you !!! .. But . . . . I heard its awesome lol

#29009 Posted by starwarsjunky (24670 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

They got you bro.. They got you !!! .. But . . . . I heard its awesome lol

it so is...freakin love it. lol.

#29010 Edited by Texas2089 (16379 posts) -

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

i'm glad FF14 doesn't show me my total time played. that'd be a scary number already...

I wish it did. Or there was at least a way to check it. I'm really curious how many hours I've actually put into the game.

it'd be cool to see. but i'd be afraid to actually know xD

and Ultima hard mode is a punk. now that i have him on farm, i need to work on downing the extreme primals. we're pretty close to downing Garuda, i think.

I still haven't even gone through Stone Vigil yet and fought Garuda on normal. I was waiting for some of my lower level friends to catch up but it's taking forever and FATE grinding is starting to get tiresome so I haven't played as much over the last few days. Can't wait to try out the extreme primals when we're all ready. Also I was reading something about the 2.2 patch and it's supposed to have Leviathan which is awesome.

well if you want to run them, you can always switch to Balmung ;) My guild has like 115 people or something. decent number are inactive, but still a lot to help whenever you're doing something.

Yeah, it'll have Leviathan and something else. don't think they revealed the other yet.

We have like 30 in our Linkshell but a lot of the higher level people have been busy with stuff for the holidays so they haven't been on and a lot my other friends just started. And I would rather do dungeons than FATE grind but I don't like playing with randoms if I don't have to. I prefer playing with my friends and people that know what they're doing. The wait is getting long though so I'll probably just queue up for Stone Vigil anyway if nobody else is on that go with me just so I can get it over with and move on.

#29011 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13021 posts) -

I missed the cheap season pass again. O_o

The game is back on sale for 75% but the pass didn't make it this time. lol

#29012 Edited by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

I missed the cheap season pass again. O_o

The game is back on sale for 75% but the pass didn't make it this time. lol

i already bought burial at sea for like 9 bucks but i figure if i can get the whole season pass for 5 bucks that will save me money on the second half of burial at sea...

#29013 Posted by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/01/the-top-4-tech-legal-cases-to-watch-in-2014/

Super interesting article.

The Silk Road stuff is pretty interesting.. I knew about silk road years ago but I always sounded like the worst idea ever so I never even really looked seriously at it..

All this stuff has actually kind of got me interested in the 'deep web'.. Not because of what is there, but to see what kind of people are on there and how they act.

The MegaUpload stuff is really weird.. Like, dropbox, skydrive, and google drive all most certainty have copywritten songs and movies uploaded to them right?

The lavabit stuff is super crazy... So depressing.

#29014 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/01/the-top-4-tech-legal-cases-to-watch-in-2014/

Super interesting article.

The Silk Road stuff is pretty interesting.. I knew about silk road years ago but I always sounded like the worst idea ever so I never even really looked seriously at it..

All this stuff has actually kind of got me interested in the 'deep web'.. Not because of what is there, but to see what kind of people are on there and how they act.

The MegaUpload stuff is really weird.. Like, dropbox, skydrive, and google drive all most certainty have copywritten songs and movies uploaded to them right?

The lavabit stuff is super crazy... So depressing.

The Mega Upload case was a bit weird. I wonder if torrenting things will be a problem now do to these things.. but The Silk Road thing seems weird.. What was this guy doing ? I see he tried 6 murder attempts but did he have over 9 identities ?

#29015 Posted by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/01/the-top-4-tech-legal-cases-to-watch-in-2014/

Super interesting article.

The Silk Road stuff is pretty interesting.. I knew about silk road years ago but I always sounded like the worst idea ever so I never even really looked seriously at it..

All this stuff has actually kind of got me interested in the 'deep web'.. Not because of what is there, but to see what kind of people are on there and how they act.

The MegaUpload stuff is really weird.. Like, dropbox, skydrive, and google drive all most certainty have copywritten songs and movies uploaded to them right?

The lavabit stuff is super crazy... So depressing.

The Mega Upload case was a bit weird. I wonder if torrenting things will be a problem now do to these things.. but The Silk Road thing seems weird.. What was this guy doing ? I see he tried 6 murder attempts but did he have over 9 identities ?

It's the guy that created Silk Road.. A site used for dealing drugs, selling guns, and other stuff like that... and strangely enough some legal stuff too, but it was just an online store for illegal things that mostly used bitcoin for payment and kept everything anonymous. And some threatened to snitch on the creator so I guess he put a hit out on him and his whole crew. :O

#29016 Posted by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

Oh, FFX-HD is out in Japan.

Apparently it is fantastic! Yay, all that time actually paid off. It looks considerably better on PS3 compared to Vita... But I think "after" Persona 4, all my super long JRPGs have to be portable.

#29017 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

JRPGs on handhelds tend to be best but something with as much cinematic flair to it like FFXII or FFXV deserve the big screen.

Granted the Vita is more than powerful enough to give JRPGs justice.

#29018 Edited by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

Wow, the post Marie dungeon DLC cutscene is sooooo dumb.

Japan.

#29019 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

I don't understand YouTube. I'm setting up a channel for some voice over work and my avatar is uploading on every portion of my account except my actual page.

#29020 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/01/the-top-4-tech-legal-cases-to-watch-in-2014/

Super interesting article.

The Silk Road stuff is pretty interesting.. I knew about silk road years ago but I always sounded like the worst idea ever so I never even really looked seriously at it..

All this stuff has actually kind of got me interested in the 'deep web'.. Not because of what is there, but to see what kind of people are on there and how they act.

The MegaUpload stuff is really weird.. Like, dropbox, skydrive, and google drive all most certainty have copywritten songs and movies uploaded to them right?

The lavabit stuff is super crazy... So depressing.

The Mega Upload case was a bit weird. I wonder if torrenting things will be a problem now do to these things.. but The Silk Road thing seems weird.. What was this guy doing ? I see he tried 6 murder attempts but did he have over 9 identities ?

It's the guy that created Silk Road.. A site used for dealing drugs, selling guns, and other stuff like that... and strangely enough some legal stuff too, but it was just an online store for illegal things that mostly used bitcoin for payment and kept everything anonymous. And some threatened to snitch on the creator so I guess he put a hit out on him and his whole crew. :O

Oooooooh ! ! I heard about that man ! Smh well. . The guy would have the power and urge to do that due to threats and interference of his illegal business.. Shit talk about Breaking Bad Online lol

#29021 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

JRPGs on handhelds tend to be best but something with as much cinematic flair to it like FFXII or FFXV deserve the big screen.

Granted the Vita is more than powerful enough to give JRPGs justice.

Exactly. I personally think that Persona 4 Golden did the right thing dropping to Vita. If more JRPG's came on there the Vita would be sweet. I actually plan on saving up for Vita sometime soon anyway just to enjoy Persona 4.

#29022 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13021 posts) -

Taking shots of disgusting whiskey is so much easier with a pickle juice chaser. Seriously. It erases the taste. I'm drunk on Jameson and Vlasic.

#29023 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -
#29024 Edited by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

alright, finished P4:G for real this time.

what a game

#29025 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

Why does today feel like a Monday?

Because it's the new year ? Ha.

#29026 Posted by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

man, l4d2 being free for awhile is doing great for the numbers..

logged on today and 45k were on. :D

i'm used to seeing between 3k and 10k.

#29027 Edited by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

just booted up gravity rush..

oh shit this game is really Japanese huh? :P

#29028 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

LiquidRob on Steam is animegamer right? Just doing a purge on my Steam friends list and realized I had far too many people on there that I don't know.

#29029 Edited by Terrencec06 (3382 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: Yep stick with it though. Interesting game. Not the best but interesting.

#29030 Edited by anime_gamer007 (6139 posts) -
#29031 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Good good. Ended up dropping my Steam friends list from 120 to 50ish. Don't know why stuff like that bothers me but it does hah.

#29032 Edited by starwarsjunky (24670 posts) -

Good good. Ended up dropping my Steam friends list from 120 to 50ish. Don't know why stuff like that bothers me but it does hah.

lol. you would =P

#29033 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13021 posts) -

I'm the same way. I dropped my list from 15 to 13. Too many nobodies.

#29034 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

Taking shots of disgusting whiskey is so much easier with a pickle juice chaser. Seriously. It erases the taste. I'm drunk on Jameson and Vlasic.

Can't go wrong with Jack Daniels :)

#29035 Posted by Terrencec06 (3382 posts) -

Watching Skyfall, it's pretty good so far.

#29036 Edited by MethodManFTW (25335 posts) -

Good good. Ended up dropping my Steam friends list from 120 to 50ish. Don't know why stuff like that bothers me but it does hah.

I dropped all my friends lists waaaay down a few weeks ago.

Was dumb to have so many people I have no interest in chatting with or playing games with on my lists.

Watching Skyfall, it's pretty good so far.

loooooooooooooove the ending

#29037 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

The gym takes soooo much dedication to keep focused. Today I went in there and it was almost empty due to the storm we had all night last night. I didn't want that to stop me from going and if you personally ask me its probably a weak excuse not to go if you truly want to reach your goal. Not a 2014 New year's resolution, just trying to stay dedicated.

#29038 Posted by Ace_of_Spades90 (715 posts) -

The gym takes soooo much dedication to keep focused. Today I went in there and it was almost empty due to the storm we had all night last night. I didn't want that to stop me from going and if you personally ask me its probably a weak excuse not to go if you truly want to reach your goal. Not a 2014 New year's resolution, just trying to stay dedicated.

Honestly, I'm not too fond of the gym. People sometimes hog the machines for too long; sometimes they make a mess, leaving cell phones, water bottles, and other equipment all over the ground; and some people f****** stink really bad. But most of all, I realized that waiting for people to finish up on certain machines was causing me to wait like five minutes (sometimes longer) between sets, causing my heart rate to lower in the process. I found that working out at home (you really only need a good pair of dumbbells if you know what you're doing) saved me money and time. Plus, there are a bunch of free workouts on youtube if you don't want to splurge on a program.

Anyway, just workout when you feel like it. I used to force myself to workout out on some days and noticed that I half-assed every move because of laziness, which resulted in a not so great workout. Screw schedules, I say ;)

#29039 Posted by Ace_of_Spades90 (715 posts) -

just booted up gravity rush..

oh shit this game is really Japanese huh? :P

I wish Gravity Rush was ported to the PS3. I would buy that in an instant. I'll buy anything even remotely creative and/or happens to be a platformer lol.

I kind of want a Vita, but I hear the games for it are kind of... meh.

#29040 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Super Mario 3D World has some of the most superb level design I've seen in quite a fracking while. All the levels are layered with goodies and hidden things too.

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D World give me a lot of hope for the future of this gen.

#29041 Posted by Young_Charter (19793 posts) -

#3#

@Young_Charter said:

The gym takes soooo much dedication to keep focused. Today I went in there and it was almost empty due to the storm we had all night last night. I didn't want that to stop me from going and if you personally ask me its probably a weak excuse not to go if you truly want to reach your goal. Not a 2014 New year's resolution, just trying to stay dedicated.

Honestly, I'm not too fond of the gym. People sometimes hog the machines for too long; sometimes they make a mess, leaving cell phones, water bottles, and other equipment all over the ground; and some people f****** stink really bad. But most of all, I realized that waiting for people to finish up on certain machines was causing me to wait like five minutes (sometimes longer) between sets, causing my heart rate to lower in the process. I found that working out at home (you really only need a good pair of dumbbells if you know what you're doing) saved me money and time. Plus, there are a bunch of free workouts on youtube if you don't want to splurge on a program.

Anyway, just workout when you feel like it. I used to force myself to workout out on some days and noticed that I half-assed every move because of laziness, which resulted in a not so great workout. Screw schedules, I say ;)

Tbh I hate scheduling when it comes to the gym. I prefer to go in the evening because I am not a morning person.. lol But my gf likes to go in the am because its the only time we can go together.. But its almost 3AM over here so the probability of that happening is meh lol.. But I have a great amount of time on my hands so I am trying to get a bit more exercise as much as possible and possibly a better diet. I'm not saying I'll be perfect, but I am willing to help support my body with progression.

#29042 Edited by Texas2089 (16379 posts) -

Watching Skyfall, it's pretty good so far.

That movie was soooooo boring. I watched on the plane home from Hawaii and maybe the fact that I had zero sleep beforehand had something to do with it but I hated it.

#29043 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13021 posts) -

Since 2013 is officially over, I figured we could throw up some legit top 5 lists...

1. The Last of Us

2. ACIV: Black Flag

3. Tomb Raider

4. Devil May Cry

5. Bioshock Infinite

I wish I played more than blockbuster tittles. I feel so uncultured. lol

#29044 Posted by Ace_of_Spades90 (715 posts) -

1. Tomb Raider

2. Injustice Gods Among Us

3. DmC

Those are the only games I actually managed to finish this year.

#29045 Edited by Texas2089 (16379 posts) -

Oh yeah I never did get around to writing my top 10 blog. I'll probably get to it sometime today while I'm watching football. Anyway, my top 10 is probably this:

10. Saints Row IV

9. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

8. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

7. DmC

6. Tales of Xillia

5. Fire Emblem: Awakening

4. Tomb Raider

3. Pokemon X

2. BioShock Infinite

1. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

I went back and forth for 1 and 2 so much. BioShock's ending definitely had a much bigger impact on me, but as an entire experience I think AC IV was my favorite game all year.

#29046 Posted by Texas2089 (16379 posts) -

Looking back at it, 2013 was actually one of the best years for games in some time. I freaking love SR IV and the fact that it's only my #10 shows how many awesome games there were this year.

#29047 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6139 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

Watching Skyfall, it's pretty good so far.

That movie was soooooo boring. I watched on the plane home from Hawaii and maybe the fact that I had zero sleep beforehand had something to do with it but I hated it.

Yeah, that probably had something to do with it because Skyfall was as good, if not better than Casino Royale.

#29048 Edited by anime_gamer007 (6139 posts) -

Since 2013 is officially over, I figured we could throw up some legit top 5 lists...

1. The Last of Us

2. ACIV: Black Flag

3. Tomb Raider

4. Devil May Cry

5. Bioshock Infinite

I wish I played more than blockbuster tittles. I feel so uncultured. lol

I need to finish/start playing A Link Between Worlds to properly assess the year past year but we'll definitely have two games in common for our top 5 lists.

#29049 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

I am loving the 3DS and its a great handheld to hold me over until Infamous second son comes out.

#29050 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

My top 5

Dota 2
Legend of Zelda: ALBWThe Last of Us
Super Mario 3D World
Devil May Cry

That said I have quite a few games from this past year to finish... Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Pokemon X, Tales of Xillia, Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed IV (which would most likely take the place of DMC), Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. All of those I've started but I'm super early on in them.