The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
You know what always confounds me... when a reviewer specifically call out an aspect of a game as bad and then another reviewer on a separate site calls it a good thing. For example, the IGN guy said the environments in Bodycount were boring and uninteresting, whereas in the Gamespot review environments are in "The Good" section.Laser_Hunter
Yeah. That's like people tell me that GTAIV had the best driving in the series when I think it was the absolute worse. Stupid perspectives and preferences and stuff. When will we ever get this stuff right? :| :P
#202 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
That's supposed to say "worst" but I will not edit because lazy.
#203 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=P2229

:o Valve, my money, TAKE ALL OF IT!!!

BTW, I haven't been able to post links(actual links, not just the url) lately. Anyone else having this problem?

#204 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]You know what always confounds me... when a reviewer specifically call out an aspect of a game as bad and then another reviewer on a separate site calls it a good thing. For example, the IGN guy said the environments in Bodycount were boring and uninteresting, whereas in the Gamespot review environments are in "The Good" section.MrSelf-Destruct
Yeah. That's like people tell me that GTAIV had the best driving in the series when I think it was the absolute worse. Stupid perspectives and preferences and stuff. When will we ever get this stuff right? :| :P

Yea bring on the robot reviewers! :P
#205 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
Yea I've been having the same problem... Also on the topic of Portal 2, who's pumped for the DLC coming up in a week or two?
#206 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -

Yea I've been having the same problem... Also on the topic of Portal 2, who's pumped for the DLC coming up in a week or two?Laser_Hunter
RDR is also getting free DLC. I'll probably just see what the DLC for Portal 2 is on YT. :P

#207 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

BTW, I haven't been able to post links(actual links, not just the url) lately. Anyone else having this problem?

anime_gamer007
Argh, goddamnit Valve, I didn't mean literally. I guess because I'm in Canada that means I have to select international shipping which runs the cost of this up 35 bucks. Awesome -_- I'm not sure if I feel like paying $70+ for a poster, admittedly an amazing one, but still a poster.
#208 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]

anime_gamer007
Argh, goddamnit Valve, I didn't mean literally. I guess because I'm in Canada that means I have to select international shipping which runs the cost of this up 35 bucks. Awesome -_- I'm not sure if I feel like paying $70+ for a poster, admittedly an amazing one, but still a poster.

next time watch what you way :lol:
#209 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]

starwarsjunky

next time watch what you way :lol:

I'll have to buy a frame for it, which I'm looking at $30. *sigh* The things I do for Valve.
#210 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
Any of you sexy tyrants want a beta key for AC Revelations? I don't have a PS3 anymore and they sent me a PS3 code, so... Just let me know. I'd post it here, but I don't want any randoms grabbing it.
#211 Posted by blabbyboy (2612 posts) -
Any of you sexy tyrants want a beta key for AC Revelations? I don't have a PS3 anymore and they sent me a PS3 code, so... Just let me know. I'd post it here, but I don't want any randoms grabbing it. MrSelf-Destruct
Pwease. :)
#212 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -

Any of you sexy tyrants want a beta key for AC Revelations? I don't have a PS3 anymore and they sent me a PS3 code, so... Just let me know. I'd post it here, but I don't want any randoms grabbing it. MrSelf-Destruct

I didn't know you got Deus Ex for PC.

#213 Posted by jerkface96 (9189 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"] It was pretty good but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 list. I still need to beat ME on the laptop. Only have about 6-8 hours of it played so far.

I loveedddd ME1, ME2 IMO was good... but it let me down.

That's me, in a nutshell. I actually probably would have enjoyed ME2 a lot more if I never played the first one. Or a lot less. Who can say? All I know is that I'll never pass up an opportunity for blue booty. Never.

Yea They stripped most of the RPG elements and Loot from ME1 and just gave it a better shooting mechanic.
#214 Posted by jerkface96 (9189 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheKoreanZombie"]Wow. Crazy Ending to last night's rescue me

LOL Korean Zombie.... you like MMA?
#216 Posted by roboccs (7025 posts) -
That's me, in a nutshell. I actually probably would have enjoyed ME2 a lot more if I never played the first one. Or a lot less. Who can say? All I know is that I'll never pass up an opportunity for blue booty. Never.MrSelf-Destruct
That's probably why I loved ME2 so much, I never played the first one cuz I don't have a 360 or a powerful PC. ME2 is one of the best games I've played in a long time. When I see vids of ME1 however, I look at it and think it's probably even better but since I'll never get a chance to play it, I'll stick with my love for 2. I just need to finish the last mission and then I actually finish a game for once! Oh, and don't forget everyone... have your Fantasy Football lineups set for Thursday's regular season kickoff between the Saints and Packers!!
#217 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Any of you sexy tyrants want a beta key for AC Revelations? I don't have a PS3 anymore and they sent me a PS3 code, so... Just let me know. I'd post it here, but I don't want any randoms grabbing it. blabbyboy
Pwease. :)

Sent
#218 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Any of you sexy tyrants want a beta key for AC Revelations? I don't have a PS3 anymore and they sent me a PS3 code, so... Just let me know. I'd post it here, but I don't want any randoms grabbing it. LightR

I didn't know you got Deus Ex for PC.

Of course, I did. I don't suck at life. :P
#219 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
Also, it's come to my attention that being a prick to your wife was a big seller back in the 60s Behold the coffee jerks.
#220 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
whats up crackers?
#221 Posted by Young_Charter (19876 posts) -
Why did the LBL V get locked ?? Im surprised a mod didn't contact me or say anything. . Well, if anyone would like, I would make the LBL VI in the next hour and get it done as soon as possible since Im off.
#222 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
Why did the LBL V get locked ?? Im surprised a mod didn't contact me or say anything. . Well, if anyone would like, I would make the LBL VI in the next hour and get it done as soon as possible since Im off.Young_Charter
bigsmoke account suicided and he planned it out there. so they ended up locking it. nothing really wrong with this one. it does the job.
#223 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Why did the LBL V get locked ?? Im surprised a mod didn't contact me or say anything. . Well, if anyone would like, I would make the LBL VI in the next hour and get it done as soon as possible since Im off.starwarsjunky
bigsmoke account suicided and he planned it out there. so they ended up locking it. nothing really wrong with this one. it does the job.

lightR should probably rename it to VI tho.
#224 Posted by MethodManFTW (25740 posts) -
Why did the LBL V get locked ?? Im surprised a mod didn't contact me or say anything. . Well, if anyone would like, I would make the LBL VI in the next hour and get it done as soon as possible since Im off.Young_Charter
Mushroom was talking about account suicide so that warrants locking the entire thread. I think this lbl works just fine tho
#225 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Why did the LBL V get locked ?? Im surprised a mod didn't contact me or say anything. . Well, if anyone would like, I would make the LBL VI in the next hour and get it done as soon as possible since Im off.MethodManFTW
Mushroom was talking about account suicide so that warrants locking the entire thread. I think this lbl works just fine tho

this should be your sig instead.  just sayin' :P
#226 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
I like this lounge. It smells better in here. No need to change it up.
#227 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
I like this lounge. It smells better in here. No need to change it up. MrSelf-Destruct
sorry, i had burritos for lunch :oops:
#228 Posted by MethodManFTW (25740 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Why did the LBL V get locked ?? Im surprised a mod didn't contact me or say anything. . Well, if anyone would like, I would make the LBL VI in the next hour and get it done as soon as possible since Im off.starwarsjunky

haha, if i watched that show i probably would
#229 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] Mushroom was talking about account suicide so that warrants locking the entire thread. I think this lbl works just fine tho

haha, if i watched that show i probably would

how do you not watch futurama?!?! hermes as barrett is freakin amazing lol
#230 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
I haven't watched Futurama since the first season was on the air. That was a LONG time ago, too. :P
#231 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Man, the only TV show I watch nowadays is reruns of Seinfeld :P
#232 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
I haven't watched Futurama since the first season was on the air. That was a LONG time ago, too. :PMrSelf-Destruct
you're a horrible person. seriously.
#233 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Yea I've been having the same problem... Also on the topic of Portal 2, who's pumped for the DLC coming up in a week or two?LightR

RDR is also getting free DLC. I'll probably just see what the DLC for Portal 2 is on YT. :P

But its free... why not get it?
#234 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="LightR"]

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Yea I've been having the same problem... Also on the topic of Portal 2, who's pumped for the DLC coming up in a week or two?Laser_Hunter

can't freakin wait for that! hey anime, yo uwanna play through it with me? :twisted:
#235 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="LightR"]

Yea I've been having the same problem... Also on the topic of Portal 2, who's pumped for the DLC coming up in a week or two?Laser_Hunter

Because I never owned Portal 2 at any point. :P
#236 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="LightR"] RDR is also getting free DLC. I'll probably just see what the DLC for Portal 2 is on YT. :P

LightR

Because I never owned Portal 2 at any point. :P

wtf!!! how the hell do you live with yourself?? lol

#237 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] can't freakin wait for that! hey anime, yo uwanna play through it with me? :twisted:

Oh it's co-op stuff? I guess that makes sense, unless they were to just release challenge levels for the single player. Yeah, I'm down for with playing with you.....as long as it doesn't divulge into you MURDERING ME!!!
#238 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
have any of you guys tried these, or something similar? any thoughts?
#239 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] can't freakin wait for that! hey anime, yo uwanna play through it with me? :twisted:

Oh it's co-op stuff? I guess that makes sense, unless they were to just release challenge levels for the single player. Yeah, I'm down for with playing with you.....as long as it doesn't divulge into you MURDERING ME!!!

lol. i can't make any promises :oops:
#240 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] can't freakin wait for that! hey anime, yo uwanna play through it with me? :twisted:

Well then, you can just be the dedicated guinea pig.......for science! :D
#241 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Oh it's co-op stuff? I guess that makes sense, unless they were to just release challenge levels for the single player. Yeah, I'm down for with playing with you.....as long as it doesn't divulge into you MURDERING ME!!!anime_gamer007

Well then, you can just be the dedicated guinea pig.......for science! :D

nah, you're a MUCH better guinea pig! and you've got experience :P
#242 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
is this a thing?!?! [spoiler]  [/spoiler]
#243 Posted by Just-Breathe (3741 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]is this a thing?!?! [spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Well, can you feel it? Touch it? See it? Then its a thing :P
#244 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13141 posts) -
Have you guys heard of INTkeys.com? They just sell CDkeys to games so you can redeem them through Steam or wherever. Their games are freakin' CHEAP! Deus Ex HR is $25. Dead Island is $27. The most expensive things on there are $35 for games like Battlefield 3 and MW3. I think I'm about to grab a copy of Dead Island. Can't believe I never heard of this site before. I could have got Deus Ex for half off. :|
#245 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
Have you guys heard of INTkeys.com? They just sell CDkeys to games so you can redeem them through Steam or wherever. Their games are freakin' CHEAP! Deus Ex HR is $25. Dead Island is $27. The most expensive things on there are $35 for games like Battlefield 3 and MW3. I think I'm about to grab a copy of Dead Island. Can't believe I never heard of this site before. I could have got Deus Ex for half off. :|MrSelf-Destruct
never even heard of that. are you sure its legit?
#246 Posted by MethodManFTW (25740 posts) -
Holy s***.. Just watched the Uncharted 3 cargo plane demo. That was awesome!! There is no story at all involved but I still feel like it was a spoiler..
#247 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
Holy s***.. Just watched the Uncharted 3 cargo plane demo. That was awesome!! There is no story at all involved but I still feel like it was a spoiler.. MethodManFTW
i've stopped watching videos. i dont want it to seem like i've already seen half of the game.
#248 Posted by LightR (17456 posts) -

have any of you guys tried these, or something similar? any thoughts?  starwarsjunky
I haven't because I don't like the inverted feel. Extended triggers would probably be useful though.

#249 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Holy s***.. Just watched the Uncharted 3 cargo plane demo. That was awesome!! There is no story at all involved but I still feel like it was a spoiler.. MethodManFTW
I'm not watching another second of that game. Seeing any of the awesome set pieces before playing the game is basically ruining it for you.
#250 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]have any of you guys tried these, or something similar? any thoughts? LightR

I haven't because I don't like the inverted feel. Extended triggers would probably be useful though.

i prefer the inverted feel of the 360. thats why i'm looking into it lol