The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
So my wife and mother in law went shopping for the evening, and when they got home, I was the proud owner of a shiny new Madden NFL12!! I skipped Madden 11 and I had no intention of getting 12 even though I thought the demo was good and I think the new additions to franchise will really improve things since I last got into Madden. They just went ahead and surprised me with it... how cool is that!roboccs
That's pretty freaking sweet. I've never had anything like that happen to me.
#152 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...Laser_Hunter
I couldn't get through that list. Having each new game on another page with hardly a paragraph of text is disgusting.
#153 Posted by roboccs (6861 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"]So my wife and mother in law went shopping for the evening, and when they got home, I was the proud owner of a shiny new Madden NFL12!! I skipped Madden 11 and I had no intention of getting 12 even though I thought the demo was good and I think the new additions to franchise will really improve things since I last got into Madden. They just went ahead and surprised me with it... how cool is that!LightR
That's pretty freaking sweet. I've never had anything like that happen to me.

I was very pleasantly surprised to say the least!! So far, I am limited to exhibition game right now because when I try to download the updated roster I keep getting errors. Server must be packed.
#154 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻
#155 Posted by jerkface96 (9189 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...ExoticAnimal
It was pretty good but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 list. I still need to beat ME on the laptop. Only have about 6-8 hours of it played so far.

I loveedddd ME1, ME2 IMO was good... but it let me down.
#156 Posted by jerkface96 (9189 posts) -
(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻LightR
this is like the craze of the internet right now...and I dont know how to do it.
#157 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

[QUOTE="LightR"](╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ[ಠ益ಠლ] jerkface96
this is like the craze of the internet right now...and I dont know how to do it.

Me either. I just copy and paste stuff. :P

#158 Posted by jerkface96 (9189 posts) -

[QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="LightR"](╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ[ಠ益ಠლ] LightR

Me either. I just copy and paste stuff. :P

why....did..I never think of that ol
#159 Posted by ExoticAnimal (39796 posts) -
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...jerkface96
It was pretty good but I wouldn't put it in my top 10 list. I still need to beat ME on the laptop. Only have about 6-8 hours of it played so far.

I just need to find some motivation to play it. Haven't gamed in a good while but I'm home for 3 weeks on break right now so getting in a little bit of gaming.
#160 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
lol apparently they're making a Persona fighting game with characters from P3 and P4. I absolutely loved P3 and P4, but this is just ridiculous. I can't imagine it being any good.Texas2089
Yeah... I don't really know what to think about that. I honestly have zero interest in a Persona fighting game. It's the Japanese, I tell ya. They love RPGs and the love fighting games, so devs think its a great idea to combine the two. :P Oh well... Persona 4 on Vita WOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D
#161 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
[QUOTE="ExoticAnimal"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]IGN updated their top 25 PS3 games.... Mass Effect 2 is number 2; is it really that good? I haven't played it but I've been meaning to...jerkface96

That's me, in a nutshell. I actually probably would have enjoyed ME2 a lot more if I never played the first one. Or a lot less. Who can say? All I know is that I'll never pass up an opportunity for blue booty. Never.
#162 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

i think i legitimately like MLP :oops:

#163 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
You legitimately creep me the f*** out.
#164 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
You legitimately creep me the f*** out. MrSelf-Destruct
that says a LOT coming from you :lol:
#165 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]You legitimately creep me the f*** out. starwarsjunky

I question your sanity a lot, just so you know. Then again, I also question my own sanity a lot.
#166 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
gotta love how small cameras are getting these days! :)
#167 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]You legitimately creep me the f*** out. anime_gamer007

I question your sanity a lot, just so you know. Then again, I also question my own sanity a lot.

when did i say i was sane? :?
#168 Posted by MethodManFTW (25390 posts) -
I don't get the mlp thing.
#169 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] that says a LOT coming from you :lol:

when did i say i was sane? :?

I'm sure it came up during one of our Borderlands secessions.
#170 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
I don't get the mlp thing. MethodManFTW
ARGH! Stop changing your avatar and sig! I always feel like some new person keeps posting in here when it's just you....
#171 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
I don't get the mlp thing. MethodManFTW
i used to just think the meme thing was funny. then last night i decided to watch a few episodes. yeah....
#172 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I don't get the mlp thing. anime_gamer007
ARGH! Stop changing your avatar and sig! I always feel like some new person keeps posting in here when it's just you....

i think this is the best he's had :P
#173 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]You legitimately creep me the f*** out. starwarsjunky

Haha! Yeah, it should. I can be pretty creepy at times. :P Also, LOL at the dude snapping pics with his iPad.
#174 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I don't get the mlp thing. starwarsjunky

i think this is the best he's had :P

One of the best for sure. I still like the Thor one he had. Of course, I could just be a little bias. :P
#175 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -

Okay, so I beat Human Revolution for the second time. I think I can officially formulate an opinion on this game.

The Bad - A little too geared towards stealth which goes against the Deus Ex "play it your way" model. The facial animation overall is kinda lackluster and ruins some really good story beats this game has. The boss fights in the form that they are have no purpose being in the game. The way the ending is set up is far too mechanical and seemingly rushed.

The Good - Literally every other aspect of the game. I love the atmosphere and that cyber-renaissance vibe they got going on. I think on the whole it captures what made the original so damn good.

#176 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -

Okay, so I beat Human Revolution for the second time. I think I can officially formulate an opinion on this game.

The Bad - A little too geared towards stealth which goes against the Deus Ex "play it your way" model. The facial animation overall is kinda lackluster and ruins some really good story beats this game has. The boss fights in the form that they are have no purpose being in the game. The way the ending is set up is far too mechanical and seemingly rushed.

The Good - Literally every other aspect of the game. I love the atmosphere and that cyber-renaissance vibe they got going on. I think on the whole it captures what made the original so damn good.

anime_gamer007
I completely agree. I mean, I'm not quite to the end yet, but from what I've seen, you've hit the nail on the head. I LOVE CYBER-RENAISSANCE!!! I WANT EVERYTHING TO LOOK LIKE THIS!
#177 Posted by TheKoreanZombie (208 posts) -
Wow. Crazy Ending to last night's rescue me
#178 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
Guess who's back. Back again. Shady's back. Tell a friend. Guess who's back... guess who's back... guess who's back... da na nun.
#179 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
Oh God! :( Giant Bomb gets all messed up just before the TNT.
#180 Posted by MethodManFTW (25390 posts) -
Yeah dis sucks! :P Any, no! I'll never stop changing my sig/avy set up :D I'm not talented enough to really make my own so I just have to go with random pictures..
#181 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yeah dis sucks! :P Any, no! I'll never stop changing my sig/avy set up :D I'm not talented enough to really make my own so I just have to go with random pictures..

You can always hit me up when you want something special. I definitely like your current setup though. Personally, I enjoy changing my setup every now and then. It's like getting a new tattoo or an awesome new Tshirt. :P
#182 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Yeah dis sucks! :P Any, no! I'll never stop changing my sig/avy set up :D I'm not talented enough to really make my own so I just have to go with random pictures..

You can always hit me up when you want something special. I definitely like your current setup though. Personally, I enjoy changing my setup every now and then. It's like getting a new tattoo or an awesome new Tshirt. :P

i may find a launchpad avy to use lol :P
#183 Posted by Texas2089 (16396 posts) -
Also I think my project for next summer will be to play all 5 God of War games in chronological (NOT release) order.... hopefully I don't get tired of the gameplay yes i am that cool that I have video game ambitions and plans :PLaser_Hunter
Funny, I'm thinking about playing through all the MGS games in chronological order as my summer project year when the summer drought hits. And yes, ME2 was awesome. Not sure if its top 2 awesome, but definitely top 5 awesome.
#184 Posted by Texas2089 (16396 posts) -
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]lol apparently they're making a Persona fighting game with characters from P3 and P4. I absolutely loved P3 and P4, but this is just ridiculous. I can't imagine it being any good.MrSelf-Destruct
Yeah... I don't really know what to think about that. I honestly have zero interest in a Persona fighting game. It's the Japanese, I tell ya. They love RPGs and the love fighting games, so devs think its a great idea to combine the two. :P Oh well... Persona 4 on Vita WOOOOOOOOO!!!! :D

Yeah that should be awesome. Supposedly there's gonna be a new character too. I hope its more than just a female MC this time and we actually get a brand new party member and more story involving this new character. Either way, its going to be great.
#185 Posted by gial240 (2019 posts) -

Ending of Mafia 2 was a shocker.

#186 Posted by TheKoreanZombie (208 posts) -

Never Forget About 343.

#187 Posted by Texas2089 (16396 posts) -
Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(
#188 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(Texas2089
:o How can they give away NES games and not include the greatest NES ever made?!
#189 Posted by MethodManFTW (25390 posts) -
Brad was a dick to Jared the whole time.. :P
#190 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
Brad was a dick to Jared the whole time.. :PMethodManFTW
That dude was as fruity as a fruit cake.......not that there's anything wrong with that :P
#191 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13046 posts) -
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(anime_gamer007
:o How can they give away NES games and not include the greatest NES ever made?!

How can they give away games that were already free to begin with?
#192 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....
#193 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....Laser_Hunter
Is that a good or bad thing? Also, you can't expect everything to be as short as CoD. :P
#194 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....LightR
Is that a good or bad thing? Also, you can't expect everything to be as short as CoD. :P

I'm trying to figure out if I'm interested in the series but my opinions of the game are very erratic. Sometimes I feel as if the game is enthralling and exciting whereas other times objectives feel like chores that have simply been added to increase longevity. The one good thing about CoD's short campaigns is that they are always loaded with excitement....
#195 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]Just finished downloading my 10 free NES games on my 3DS. I can honestly say I'll probably never play any of them :P Wish they had included SMB3 :(MrSelf-Destruct

How can they give away games that were already free to begin with?

Zing!
#196 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
[QUOTE="LightR"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Lol... why are they giving away NES games? Also, how long is Resistance 1's story cuz I've played like 4-5 hours and no end seems in sight....Laser_Hunter

I'm trying to figure out if I'm interested in the series but my opinions of the game are very erratic. Sometimes I feel as if the game is enthralling and exciting whereas other times objectives feel like chores that have simply been added to increase longevity. The one good thing about CoD's short campaigns is that they are always loaded with excitement....

Well if you ever get to the second game I'm sure your opinion about the series will solidify. I regret buying R2.
#197 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="LightR"] Is that a good or bad thing? Also, you can't expect everything to be as short as CoD. :PLightR

Well if you ever get to the second game I'm sure your opinion about the series will solidify. I regret buying R2.

Yea, I've heard R2 is a drastic change from the original. Is it true they took away the awesome narrator style? I really felt it made the story more interesting and immersive.
#198 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

[QUOTE="LightR"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"] I'm trying to figure out if I'm interested in the series but my opinions of the game are very erratic. Sometimes I feel as if the game is enthralling and exciting whereas other times objectives feel like chores that have simply been added to increase longevity. The one good thing about CoD's short campaigns is that they are always loaded with excitement....Laser_Hunter

Yea, I've heard R2 is a drastic change from the original. Is it true they took away the awesome narrator style? I really felt it made the story more interesting and immersive.

I never bought the first game. I had fun with the short demo so I thought R2 would've been nearlythe same. To my misfortune it wasn't.

#199 Posted by Scianix-Black (19295 posts) -
New SSX will suck. No fireworks, no bright lights according to kotaku - piece of trash confirmed.
#200 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
You know what always confounds me... when a reviewer specifically call out an aspect of a game as bad and then another reviewer on a separate site calls it a good thing. For example, the IGN guy said the environments in Bodycount were boring and uninteresting, whereas in the Gamespot review environments are in "The Good" section.