The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#701 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -
Nobody asked for that.anime_gamer007
#702 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -
hey, i know. I'll use my trusty frying pan.....as a drying pan!
#703 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13216 posts) -
hey, i know. I'll use my trusty frying pan.....as a drying pan!starwarsjunky
How about you hold it under your face while your Uncle Barney bounces you in his lap? Then it would be a crying pan.
#704 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]hey, i know. I'll use my trusty frying pan.....as a drying pan!MrSelf-Destruct
How about you hold it under your face while your Uncle Barney bounces you in his lap? Then it would be a crying pan.

mmm i like the sound of that :oops:
#705 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13216 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]hey, i know. I'll use my trusty frying pan.....as a drying pan!starwarsjunky

^So does he...

#706 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] How about you hold it under your face while your Uncle Barney bounces you in his lap? Then it would be a crying pan.MrSelf-Destruct

^So does he...

ahhhh yaaaaaa :D

#707 Posted by roboccs (7369 posts) -
I think we may have seen a preview of the NFC championship last night. Both QB's looked stellar and the offenses looked outstanding. Fun game. Also, anyone here hoping that Tales of Xillia gets localized here since it is seeing some early success in Japan?
#708 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -
maybe if their defenses would step it up tho. 42-34? thats just embarrassing if you're a defensive player.
#709 Posted by roboccs (7369 posts) -
maybe if their defenses would step it up tho. 42-34? thats just embarrassing if you're a defensive player.starwarsjunky
I think that was more of a factor of the offenses being THAT good. Plus, it's a passing/offensive league now anyways. Not to mention, it was the defense in the end that saved the day for GB.
#710 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]maybe if their defenses would step it up tho. 42-34? thats just embarrassing if you're a defensive player.roboccs
I think that was more of a factor of the offenses being THAT good. Plus, it's a passing/offensive league now anyways. Not to mention, it was the defense in the end that saved the day for GB.

no, its a factor that both are too heavily invested in offense and can't stop a ball to save their lives. if this is what the nfl wants, count me out. i'll take a 14-7 defensive battle over this any day.
#711 Posted by roboccs (7369 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]maybe if their defenses would step it up tho. 42-34? thats just embarrassing if you're a defensive player.starwarsjunky

no, its a factor that both are too heavily invested in offense and can't stop a ball to save their lives. if this is what the nfl wants, count me out. i'll take a 14-7 defensive battle over this any day.

Nah, I think both teams actually do have good D's and we'll see in the coming weeks. Both teams have 2 of the top 5 QB's in the league. That will make any defense look bad. I hope the Packers have a bad D, that will mean the Lions have a better shot of beating them.
#712 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="roboccs"] I think that was more of a factor of the offenses being THAT good. Plus, it's a passing/offensive league now anyways. Not to mention, it was the defense in the end that saved the day for GB.roboccs

Nah, I think both teams actually do have good D's and we'll see in the coming weeks. Both teams have 2 of the top 5 QB's in the league. That will make any defense look bad. I hope the Packers have a bad D, that will mean the Lions have a better shot of beating them.

good D's don't let up 34 or especially 42 points....
#713 Posted by roboccs (7369 posts) -
[QUOTE="roboccs"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] no, its a factor that both are too heavily invested in offense and can't stop a ball to save their lives. if this is what the nfl wants, count me out. i'll take a 14-7 defensive battle over this any day.starwarsjunky

Did the New York Jets not have one of the best D's in the league last year?? If I recall, they got blown out on Monday night by the Pats and gave up like 48 points or something. You can have a bad game from time to time no matter how good you are or the gameplan by the opposition can just over match you sometime.
#714 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="roboccs"] Nah, I think both teams actually do have good D's and we'll see in the coming weeks. Both teams have 2 of the top 5 QB's in the league. That will make any defense look bad. I hope the Packers have a bad D, that will mean the Lions have a better shot of beating them.roboccs

Did the New York Jets not have one of the best D's in the league last year?? If I recall, they got blown out on Monday night by the Pats and gave up like 48 points or something. You can have a bad game from time to time no matter how good you are or the gameplan by the opposition can just over match you sometime.

that night, it was horrendous then. when you're giving them a long field every time and you can't stop them, then you're doing realllly bad.
#715 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

Deus ex ships 2 million and sells 1 million worldwide.

Not bad.

#716 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Deus ex ships 2 million and sells 1 million worldwide.

Not bad.

commonfate
That's pretty good. I'm sure it'll do well enough for them to make a sequel which I'm very interesting in because if they can just fix the few flaws HR had and expand upon what that game had going, they'll have a masterpiece.
#717 Posted by epichotcheese (160 posts) -

On my 3rd play through of Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's my GOTY so far. I decieded to take the Rocket Launcher wth me this time and Barett didn's stand 30 seconds. Hahahaha... Playing on "Give me Deus Ex" too.

#718 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13216 posts) -

On my 3rd play through of Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's my GOTY so far. I decieded to take the Rocket Launcher wth me this time and Barett didn's stand 30 seconds. Hahahaha... Playing on "Give me Deus Ex" too.

epichotcheese
He was hilariously easy for me. I just ducked behind a box and chucked four frags in a row. The first one stuns him, so he just stood there and let the others blow him to hell. Fight was done in just a few seconds.
#719 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13216 posts) -
Man, I just had the most damn fun in Dead Island. lol I actually had a full 4player co-op session and we just ran around beating the hell out of zombies like a bunch of high school bullies. There were a couple times where we all went for the same zombie and whacked him into pieces in just a few hits. The game doesn't have a whole lot of structure, it's buggy, the endless fetch quests are a real drag, but I can't help but love all the ways you can massacre a zombie in this game.
#720 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -
Not being able to watch the Big Live Live Show Live is heart breaking. Damn you work.
#721 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Not being able to watch the Big Live Live Show Live is heart breaking. Damn you work.

I missed the first three hours....Do you know if it's going to be archived, in some form?
#722 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

Original Crysis being ported to 360 and PS3 for $19.99 download only. :shock:

I think I'm going to wait and see what changes they make before I buy it though.

#723 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -
Tri-streaming up in this m'er f'er.
#724 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -
[QUOTE="ryrulez"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Not being able to watch the Big Live Live Show Live is heart breaking. Damn you work.

I missed the first three hours....Do you know if it's going to be archived, in some form?

They said they will try but no promises due to file size. PLEASE GOD ARCHIVE
#725 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -

No context is needed.

#726 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13216 posts) -
That is the scariest O face I have ever seen.... Me rikey.
#727 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
OH S***! Buckner and Garcia did a Giant Bomb song. This is officially the greatest day ever.
#728 Posted by ryrulez (11604 posts) -
R.I.P Norman Chan.
#729 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -
damnit damnit damnit damnit damn you work
#730 Posted by blabbyboy (2612 posts) -
[QUOTE="commonfate"]

I think I'm going to wait and see what changes they make before I buy it though.

What? Really? This pc fanboy told me the consoles wouldn't be able to play it. :P
#731 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -
taswell Ryan Davis BLLSL will be archived.
#732 Posted by MethodManFTW (26039 posts) -
Giantbomb is objectively the best website on the internet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsXfUsIRq4o&feature=youtu.be
#733 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

blabbyboy

What? Really? This pc fanboy told me the consoles wouldn't be able to play it. :P

Consoles aren't able to hold an exact port as it is now, because of memory limitations.There are going to be some sacrifices in detail, resolutions, lighting and shadow effects, etc. But the actual core game will still be there.

This is what I expect 360 and PS3 to look like

There will also be some game content cut out but no one knows yet how much (like lack of multiplayer, lack of foliage which will make stealth harder, etc).

#734 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13216 posts) -
^The main problem for me is the fact that they are most likely going to use the same suit as in the second game. That's a real bummer, because the suit is what really sets the games apart for me. I couldn't care less about shiny graphics and having tons of empty jungle to run around in.
#735 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

^The main problem for me is the fact that they are most likely going to use the same suit as in the second game. That's a real bummer, because the suit is what really sets the games apart for me. I couldn't care less about shiny graphics and having tons of empty jungle to run around in. MrSelf-Destruct

I keep seeing posts in the thread in SW about the Nanosuit 2.0 but I haven't read any confirmation on it.

#736 Posted by Young_Charter (19968 posts) -
Hey everyone.
#737 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

Hey everyone. Young_Charter

Woah, it's been a long time since I've seen you lol.

#738 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Is this the real life?

#739 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

Is this just fantasy?

#740 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Caught in a landslide
#741 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

No escape from reality

#742 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Look up to the skies and see
#743 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

You forgot open your eyes :/

#744 Posted by LightR (17540 posts) -

the local blockbuster finally shut down. sales were disappointing

#745 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Oh well, it was gonna happen eventually, moving on....
#746 Posted by LightR (17540 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]^The main problem for me is the fact that they are most likely going to use the same suit as in the second game. That's a real bummer, because the suit is what really sets the games apart for me. I couldn't care less about shiny graphics and having tons of empty jungle to run around in. commonfate

I keep seeing posts in the thread in SW about the Nanosuit 2.0 but I haven't read any confirmation on it.

You guys confuse me.
#747 Posted by commonfate (12750 posts) -

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]^The main problem for me is the fact that they are most likely going to use the same suit as in the second game. That's a real bummer, because the suit is what really sets the games apart for me. I couldn't care less about shiny graphics and having tons of empty jungle to run around in. LightR

You guys confuse me.

Just talking about the PC tech demo now being playable on consoles.

#748 Posted by LightR (17540 posts) -
[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="LightR"][QUOTE="commonfate"]

You guys confuse me.

Just talking about the PC tech demo now being playable on consoles.

I just thought the Nanosuit 2.0 was already revealed? I know hardly anything about Crysis though.
#749 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]

Also LightR I thought I would one up you cuz I'm starting grade 12 with a 97 average already (also from three classes). :P On a side note, I started watching Lost and just finished the first disc. Cool show so far.

LightR
Yeah but you're nuts that way. :P And a fourth science recognized by most science programs is Earth & Space Sciences, which I got a 98 in. Theres also a few other sciences but none accepted by universities. I've already taken English but only got an 82, which evens out my average, cause my online course didn't go as well as I would have hoped for a few reasons. I think if I tried really hard I could get an average around 95, but we'll see. I guess I'll retake English next semester if that looks like a possibility.

Yea I'm taking Exercise Science but I don't think it's really considered a science... also I'm just planning on doing well first semester so i have 6 classes with high marks to send of for university and then slacking through second semester :P
#750 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
97 dayum. That's still settling in. *Shakes fist.* That 95 I'm looking at is best case scenario, more likely 91-93.LightR
Man there are a bunch of crazy kids from like Toronto and stuff that get 100 averages... absolutely insane :P but they actually have to study which would suck lol.... I'm cool with my current "work to mark ratio"...