The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#501 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
My god, I can't believe what I was just modded for. The nonsensical moderations really do ruin this site sometimes. Normally, I don't care if I get modded, but when it's over something as silly as what I was just modded for... good grief.
#502 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
I was modded for quoting Shepard in Mass Effect 2 -_- Loss points for it which didn't really hurt me, I got to stay at the "Snake Eater" rank a bit longer.:)
#503 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Cyberpunk themes? Nothing in MGS is cyberpunk. anime_gamer007
What? Metal Gear Solid is loaded with cyberpunk themes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk

Nanomachines and the Patriots A.I. controlling and censoring information is the only thing that's kinda cyberpunk. I don't think of cyberpunk at all when I think of MGS. You don't see any "slums" or anything in MGS that's resonates with that "high tech, low life" thing pretty much every other cyberpunk themed anything as going on. I see MGS as a much more convoluted and kinda crazy Japanese version of a Tom Clancy story.

I never said it WAS cyberpunk. Only that it has cyberpunk themes - ones that it closely shares with Deus Ex. I don't really know what you would call it other than that. I think CyberTomClancy may be more appropriate. :P
#504 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] What? Metal Gear Solid is loaded with cyberpunk themes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyberpunkMrSelf-Destruct
Nanomachines and the Patriots A.I. controlling and censoring information is the only thing that's kinda cyberpunk. I don't think of cyberpunk at all when I think of MGS. You don't see any "slums" or anything in MGS that's resonates with that "high tech, low life" thing pretty much every other cyberpunk themed anything as going on. I see MGS as a much more convoluted and kinda crazy Japanese version of a Tom Clancy story.

I never said it WAS cyberpunk. Only that it has cyberpunk themes - ones that it closely shares with Deus Ex. I don't really know what you would call it other than that. I think CyberTomClancy may be more appropriate. :P

CYBERCLANCY! THAT'S IT!:D
#505 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]I was modded for quoting Shepard in Mass Effect 2 -_- Loss points for it which didn't really hurt me, I got to stay at the "Snake Eater" rank a bit longer.:)

I was ridiculed for something I never said and only responded to clarify. In doing so, I reinforced my original point by saying "if you don't see it, you're completely blind." It wasn't directed at who I was responding to, and CLEARLY wasn't the sole focus of my response yet I was modded for trolling (intentionally annoying other users). What burns my ass is that what I was responding to was someone only intending to annoy me. Yet their post is still up. Did the mod not see it? Of course they did, because I even quoted it. They would have to have read it to understand the context of what they just modded. Of course, that person is not going to be modded because they are apart of the same click all the SW mods are a part of. I'm pretty sure I hate them all. :P
#506 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Nanomachines and the Patriots A.I. controlling and censoring information is the only thing that's kinda cyberpunk. I don't think of cyberpunk at all when I think of MGS. You don't see any "slums" or anything in MGS that's resonates with that "high tech, low life" thing pretty much every other cyberpunk themed anything as going on. I see MGS as a much more convoluted and kinda crazy Japanese version of a Tom Clancy story. anime_gamer007

CYBERCLANCY! THAT'S IT!:D

:lol: perfect!
#507 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Man, Deus Ex has got me all into cyberpunk. I didn't know I liked it this much. It's like THE type of sci-fi that I love and didn't know until a few weeks back. Watched Blade Runner like 3 times over the past 3 weeks. Ordered Neuromancer and Count Zero from Amazon. Getting my cyberpunk the hell on!

#508 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

CYBERCLANCY! THAT'S IT!:Danime_gamer007

The ultimate genre?

Quck -- someone trademark that before it falls into the wrong hands!

#509 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]CYBERCLANCY! THAT'S IT!:Dc_rake

The ultimate genre?

Quck -- someone trademark that before it falls into the wrong hands!

Yeah, we need to get TOP MEN on the phone.....TOP MEN.
#510 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
C_Rake, it's funny that everytime I fuss about mods you show up in here. lol
#511 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Yeah, we need to get TOP MEN on the phone.....TOP MEN.anime_gamer007

Indeed. Anyone know their number?

C_Rake, it's funny that everytime I fuss about mods you show up in here. lolMrSelf-Destruct

Ugh, I know. I don't know how I do it. It just sort of... does. I swear it isn't intentional!

#512 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
You're a spy and I KNOW IT! :P
#513 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
George Lucas.....I'm sorry. I just.....I can't do this anymore. I watched Star Wars as a kid and always had a soft spot for the original trilogy but with all these changes to them......I'm done. I'm out. Goodbye.
#514 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
Playing The Force Unleashed 2... which I got from the library for a week... great sound, graphic and presentation but average gameplay.
#515 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
George Lucas.....I'm sorry. I just.....I can't do this anymore. I watched Star Wars as a kid and always had a soft spot for the original trilogy but with all these changes to them......I'm done. I'm out. Goodbye. anime_gamer007
As Darth Vader now says, " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
#516 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
wtf how did i lose my copy of xenogears... oh well i guess.. at least its on psn now
#517 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]George Lucas.....I'm sorry. I just.....I can't do this anymore. I watched Star Wars as a kid and always had a soft spot for the original trilogy but with all these changes to them......I'm done. I'm out. Goodbye. Laser_Hunter

I want to be able to say "Yeah, Star Wars, I loved that as a kid and it's still awesome now." But that's not the case. I can't believe they put that goofy ass "NOOOOO!" line into Return of the Jedi. That was scene is so iconic and classic.
#518 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]George Lucas.....I'm sorry. I just.....I can't do this anymore. I watched Star Wars as a kid and always had a soft spot for the original trilogy but with all these changes to them......I'm done. I'm out. Goodbye. anime_gamer007

I want to be able to say "Yeah, Star Wars, I loved that as a kid and it's still awesome now." But that's not the case. I can't believe they put that goofy ass "NOOOOO!" line into Return of the Jedi. That was scene is so iconic and classic.

I'm with you all the way on this, sir. Have you heard the change to A New Hope? That crazy freaky noise Obi Wan makes to scare off the Tusken Raiders is now just a really just a man yelling really loud into a computer. It sounds so stupid and was an unnecessary change to begin with. George Lucas can go ***** himself. Especially after he went in front of congress in the 80s to lobby for a law that would protect classic works from being altered. How is he going to fight to protect classic art and films from being ruined by change then turn around and bastardize his own works of art? The hypocrisy there is stellar.
#519 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -

Here's an excerpt of what he said to congress back in 1988...

'People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.'

'These current defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace, and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright holder. Tomorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with "fresher faces," or alter dialogue and change the movement of the actor's lips to match. It will soon be possible to create a new "original" negative with whatever changes or alterations the copyright holder of the moment desires.'

#520 Posted by starwarsjunky (24714 posts) -
sweet! angel beats on netflix :D
#521 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"] As Darth Vader now says, " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

I'm with you all the way on this, sir. Have you heard the change to A New Hope? That crazy freaky noise Obi Wan makes to scare off the Tusken Raiders is now just a really just a man yelling really loud into a computer. It sounds so stupid and was an unnecessary change to begin with. George Lucas can go ***** himself. Especially after he went in front of congress in the 80s to lobby for a law that would protect classic works from being altered. How is he going to fight to protect classic art and films from being ruined by change then turn around and bastardize his own works of art? The hypocrisy there is stellar.

well atleast you didn't make usernames based of Star Wars :P hahahahahaa
#522 Posted by starwarsjunky (24714 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]I want to be able to say "Yeah, Star Wars, I loved that as a kid and it's still awesome now." But that's not the case. I can't believe they put that goofy ass "NOOOOO!" line into Return of the Jedi. That was scene is so iconic and classic. Laser_Hunter

i'm not buying them, so they dont exist :P
#523 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
Lol. SWJ can just play along with the rest of Star Wars and change his name. I suggest Stupid****GeorgeLucasDidJunkie.
#524 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] I'm with you all the way on this, sir. Have you heard the change to A New Hope? That crazy freaky noise Obi Wan makes to scare off the Tusken Raiders is now just a really just a man yelling really loud into a computer. It sounds so stupid and was an unnecessary change to begin with. George Lucas can go ***** himself. Especially after he went in front of congress in the 80s to lobby for a law that would protect classic works from being altered. How is he going to fight to protect classic art and films from being ruined by change then turn around and bastardize his own works of art? The hypocrisy there is stellar.

i'm not buying them, so they dont exist :P

That's how I feel. I don't think I'll ever be able to unheard the new Obi Wan scream, though. Seriously. It was terrible.
#525 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"] As Darth Vader now says, " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"MrSelf-Destruct

Yeah it's a ****ing disgrace. I mean, it's bad enough that he's messing up these classic movies but it's 10x worse that the originals AREN'T even on the goddamn blu-ray or anywhere to be found for that matter. Christ, there's 5 versions of Blade Runner on the blu-ray, Ridley Scott consider's the Final Cut to be the true Blade Runner but the other versions are put on the disc because it's a COMPLETE release on the movie. I really wish Lucas had as much respect for his older movies as some directors do for their older movies.

Also, this is another reason why I think Stanley Kubrick is one of the best directors ever. There was never any deleted scenes or hidden footage of any of his movies. There's only one version of his movies. That's it. When he died, one of his close friends burned all the old left over footage from all his movies.

#526 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Here's an excerpt of what he said to congress back in 1988...

'People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.'

'These current defacements are just the beginning. Today, engineers with their computers can add color to black-and-white movies, change the soundtrack, speed up the pace, and add or subtract material to the philosophical tastes of the copyright holder. Tomorrow, more advanced technology will be able to replace actors with "fresher faces," or alter dialogue and change the movement of the actor's lips to match. It will soon be possible to create a new "original" negative with whatever changes or alterations the copyright holder of the moment desires.'

MrSelf-Destruct

And yet, there he is, altering his own films endlessly. I'm guessing he isn't very good at listening to himself.

#527 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
Man you guys are serious about your star wars.
#528 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Man you guys are serious about your star wars.MethodManFTW
How would you like it if Square messed up the Final Fantasy series with-oh wait! :P
#529 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

I don't care for Star Wars, actually. I'm just enjoying the blatant hypocrisy that guy's displaying.

#530 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
I honestly feel that way about damn near everything I enjoy. I'm the guy who normally complains when an adaptation is too different or omits too much stuff, when a video game port or revamp changes stuff up too much, or when redesigns on my favorite characters are too drastic. Of course, that's only when its at such an absurd level as what you see here. When it ain't broke, don't fix it. :P
#531 Posted by supa_badman (16623 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Man you guys are serious about your star wars.c_rake

I don't care for Star Wars, actually. I'm just enjoying the blatant hypocrisy that guy's displaying.

lol... I just think George Lucas made Star Wars by mistake. There's no way that THIS GUY could have made the single greatest influence on my life through his own genius. >__>

#532 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

lol... I just think George Lucas made Star Wars by mistake. There's no way that THIS GUY could have made the single greatest influence on my life through his own genius. >__>supa_badman

Maybe he's just grown senile in his old age, leading him to make some bad decisions.

#533 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
Ugh.. My job makes me hate people so much.
#534 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Ugh.. My job makes me hate people so much.MethodManFTW
That just comes naturally for me...
#535 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]lol... I just think George Lucas made Star Wars by mistake. There's no way that THIS GUY could have made the single greatest influence on my life through his own genius. >__>c_rake

Maybe he's just grown senile in his old age, leading him to make some bad decisions.

He should make the bad decision of jumping off a cliff. [spoiler] Only kidding! :P [/spoiler]
#536 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Ugh.. My job makes me hate people so much.anime_gamer007

haha, yeah maybe I hated people before hand.. I can't remember.. But I know I really hate people now. And exception to MSD and his family of course, but F*** PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH.
#537 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
Wow, Dead Island on PC is inferior version confirmed... No analog combat.. :O Well, I guess you can just plug in any old controller, but still, that sucks for kb/m people.
#538 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
Wow, Dead Island on PC is inferior version confirmed... No analog combat.. :O Well, I guess you can just plug in any old controller, but still, that sucks for kb/m people.MethodManFTW
Yeah, I saw GB playing it live there earlier and I thought the combat would be so much better with a m/kb but no, they had to half-ass the PC version.
#539 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
Yeah, I gotta say, from what I have played, Techland blows nuts. But you make a zombie game you get my money... so...
#540 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Ugh.. My job makes me hate people so much.MethodManFTW

haha, yeah maybe I hated people before hand.. I can't remember.. But I know I really hate people now. And exception to MSD and his family of course, but F*** PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH.

I COMPLETELY AGREE! But most people would probably say **** me too. :P
#541 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -
I love the idea behind Dead Island, I just don't think it looks very fun to play and I don't like the tropical setting. I'd love an open world zombie game kinda in the style of 28 Days Later or Dawn of the Dead. Where it's really dark, dreary urban environments, maybe some countryside(go a little San Andreas on it) and it's straight up about survival.
#542 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
Wow, Dead Island on PC is inferior version confirmed... No analog combat.. :O Well, I guess you can just plug in any old controller, but still, that sucks for kb/m people.MethodManFTW
Fortunately, I have no interest in playing this with a keyboard and mouse. It does suck ass that they couldn't do a proper port. That really burns me when a company does that. I'm still pissed about how Ubisoft handled From Dust because I was really looking forward to that game. :| Anyway, I won't get my copy until Friday.
#543 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
Tropical settings are my favorite games.. Just cause that's my favorite setting in real life.. I never really care tho.. As long as it doesn't take place in one giant facility (sans a couple games) I'm cool with whatever the setting it is.. But yeah, I think L4D2 with a real, actual, story.. with some rpg elements would be my perfect zombie game.
#544 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Wow, Dead Island on PC is inferior version confirmed... No analog combat.. :O Well, I guess you can just plug in any old controller, but still, that sucks for kb/m people.MrSelf-Destruct
Fortunately, I have no interest in playing this with a keyboard and mouse. It does suck ass that they couldn't do a proper port. That really burns me when a company does that. I'm still pissed about how Ubisoft handled From Dust because I was really looking forward to that game. :| Anyway, I won't get my copy until Friday.

I can't remember what version went on Steam for Dead Island.. Was it the 360 dev build? And what was the deal with From Dust, Ubi said none of the always online DRM and then they put it on anyway?
#545 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -
@Jonnyram 3DS slide pad attachment has an R2 button attached to it. So 3DS will have L1, R1, R2 but no L2. -- Wait, that is really happening? WTFLOLZ
#546 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
So I'm playing The Force Unleashed 2... but I dont understand how your character is basically a Jedi but can use force lightning (not to mention his red light sabers)...
#547 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13097 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Wow, Dead Island on PC is inferior version confirmed... No analog combat.. :O Well, I guess you can just plug in any old controller, but still, that sucks for kb/m people.MethodManFTW

I can't remember what version went on Steam for Dead Island.. Was it the 360 dev build? And what was the deal with From Dust, Ubi said none of the always online DRM and then they put it on anyway?

Yeah it was the 360 dev build, but they uploaded the correct one sometime today. Still pretty remarkable that they made such a mistake to begin with. And From Dust was possibly the worst console port I've ever seen. There were no visual adjustments other than resolution, no AA or any of that. It was horribly optimized. They lied about the DRM situation. And the mouse was completely useless. If you bumped the goddamn mouse even a quarter inch your cursor would go flying across the screen and you can't stop it until you bring the mouse back to it's neutral position. Which is tricky to find depending on how much the mouse was moved. It was horrible. They should have separated the camera and cursor for the PC version because the mouse does not snap back in place like a damn analog stick does. Crazies.
#548 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6142 posts) -

Pro-tip: Don't read about Charles Manson or Ed Gein at 12:30 at night when you have to get up in 7 hours.

#549 Posted by commonfate (12086 posts) -

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Ugh.. My job makes me hate people so much.MethodManFTW

You forgot about me!

inb4 ~ SWJ "he didn't"

#550 Posted by MethodManFTW (25483 posts) -

I did forget, my bad common. :P