The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by LightR (17419 posts) -
Hello my Freakies.As we all know this is the PS3 forum.A community of people who either own a PS3 or just like chilling in this particular section of gamespot.This PS3 section would be nothing without the lovely dedicated people who post here,giving out educated info on games,the system etc,etc and other useful and sometimes not so useful info.So who are your favorite posters on this forum,specific reasons are welcome.

I just thought that we would do something different.Break up all of the 'What games should I get topics' or the 'What are your favorite game'topicsIf this gets locked I really don't care,I just wanted to see what people thought..I think of you all like a big ol family....Even the trolls,bringing in such failure,yet usually making me laugh in the end.

New!.The new title for this thread is the laid back lounge.You can discuss your Favorite PS3 forum poster,go alittle off-topic and above the rest have a blast chatting it up.

Rules for my freakies.

1.No hating.Don't come into this thread hating on other users.This is to show love.

2.Off-Topic disscussion,but don't go crazy.

3.Respect on another.This thread is all good and fun.It is a break from the usual threads we see here.Trust me,you all know which threads I am talking about.

4.Have fun.As I said before,good and fun.

5.Most important rule.No,and I mean NO usless arguments and flaming.We get enough of that crap elsewhere,we don't need it here.

For even more great post check out theI Drew Old Snake thread, there you will find 1000+ post of great original artwork done by none other than the freakies of this community. K1LL3R

Goodnight sweet prince. We carry on, for better or for worst, our discourse, until the end.

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -

#3 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
Playstation Store down for maintenance on release day.. Good planning...MethodManFTW
Release day of what exactly?
#4 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -

#5 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -

That MrSelf-Destruct is one brilliant son of a b!tch. 

#7 Posted by c_rakestraw (14563 posts) -

Did you get approved for this, Light? I figured the last one got locked because of the conversation that was going on there at the last. MrSelf-Destruct

Yeah, that was the cause from what I understand. I'll see what can be done about that thread. If anyone asks about this new one, though, just say I gave it the go-ahead.

#8 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

Did you get approved for this, Light? I figured the last one got locked because of the conversation that was going on there at the last. MrSelf-Destruct
No I didn't.

#9 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Did you get approved for this, Light? I figured the last one got locked because of the conversation that was going on there at the last. c_rake

Yeah, that was the cause from what I understand. I'll see what can be done about that thread. If anyone asks about this new one, though, just say I gave it the go-ahead.

Thanks. I kind of jumped the gun and didn't really realize all of what was said in the other thread. I just got really busy here on the homefront and sort of rushed things. Silly siblings.

#10 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
I know, it's such a sad day when mods get their feelings hurt :roll: (Not all mods btw, just those with a god complex)
#11 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -

y

#12 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -

y

#13 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

:D Well I think I'm gonna wait to replay deus ex for awhile.. Dunno what game to play now... And I probably won't be getting any games in September.. :(MethodManFTW
I'm going to replay it and try to get all the trophies if that's possible in the second playthru. I really want to see how flexible the story really is; I plan on doing it on easy since the hardest mode doesn't really allow you to do what you want.

[spoiler] The downed pilot never even stood a chance. :P [/spoiler]

#14 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -

Just in case if anyone wants to know how I felt about the closure of our beloved Lounge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muEnLlycOn4

#15 Posted by c_rakestraw (14563 posts) -

I know, it's such a sad day when mods get their feelings hurt :roll: (Not all mods btw, just those with a god complex)anime_gamer007

For the record, that wasn't what sprung the lock. It was the fact that a suicide thread was planed there and subsequently executed. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't purged given the circumstances.

#16 Posted by blabbyboy (2612 posts) -
Aw man, that was like the best off topic ps3 thread ever.
#17 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]:D Well I think I'm gonna wait to replay deus ex for awhile.. Dunno what game to play now... And I probably won't be getting any games in September.. :(LightR

I'm going to replay it and try to get all the trophies if that's possible in the second playthru. I really want to see how flexible the story really is; I plan on doing it on easy since the hardest mode doesn't really allow you to do what you want.

Just finished hardest mode playing stealth, it was my 2nd playthrough. Managed to get pacifisct trophy but not Foxiest of the Hounds, no idea why.

But I think you need at least 3 playthrough to get all the trophies, theoretically 2 should be enough but practically I doubt it. I'm about to start my 3rd playthrough tomorrow and try to finish all the sideuqests while getting them Ebooks.

Great game, hope I can get the platinum before Disgaea 4 comes out but that might be hard.

#18 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
Aw man, that was like the best off topic ps3 thread ever.blabbyboy
I've felt liek this 5 times before. :P[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]Just finished hardest mode playing stealth, it was my 2nd playthrough. Managed to get pacifisct trophy but not Foxiest of the Hounds, no idea why.

But I think you need at least 3 playthrough to get all the trophies, theoretically 2 should be enough but practically I doubt it. I'm about to start my 3rd playthrough tomorrow and try to finish all the sideuqests while getting them Ebooks.

Great game, hope I can get the platinum before Disgaea 4 comes out but that might be hard.

I haven't even looked at the trophies at all yet but I was kind of hoping there wouldn't be a trophy like that. Damn...
#19 Posted by PoisoN_Facecam0 (3734 posts) -

[QUOTE="LightR"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]:D Well I think I'm gonna wait to replay deus ex for awhile.. Dunno what game to play now... And I probably won't be getting any games in September.. :(finalserenade75

Just finished hardest mode playing stealth, it was my 2nd playthrough. Managed to get pacifisct trophy but not Foxiest of the Hounds, no idea why.

So is there any new game+ something where you can carry over your Augs? (also, yeah, i want to try to finish Deus Ex before Disgaea 4 also :P)
#20 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

[QUOTE="LightR"] I'm going to replay it and try to get all the trophies if that's possible in the second playthru. I really want to see how flexible the story really is; I plan on doing it on easy since the hardest mode doesn't really allow you to do what you want.

PoisoN_Facecam0

So is there any new game+ something where you can carry over your Augs? (also, yeah, i want to try to finish Deus Ex before Disgaea 4 also :P)

Nope. No bonus of any sort for completing the game.
#21 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -
Just finished the giant bomb panel.. Good ish.. Can't believe Adam boyes and Johnny v got cut tho. :(
#22 Posted by anime_gamer007 (6141 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Just finished the giant bomb panel.. Good ish.. Can't believe Adam boyes and Johnny v got cut tho. :(

One of these days, I'm gonna go to PAX. One of these days...
#23 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]I know, it's such a sad day when mods get their feelings hurt :roll: (Not all mods btw, just those with a god complex)c_rake

For the record, that wasn't what sprung the lock. It was the fact that a suicide thread was planed there and subsequently executed. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't purged given the circumstances.

So who planned/executed a suicide thread? I feel so behind lol
#24 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]I know, it's such a sad day when mods get their feelings hurt :roll: (Not all mods btw, just those with a god complex)c_rake

Why didn't they just mod those of us who said something negative and delete the comments? It looks like someone was trying to prove a point, to me. Well, point taken. I'll keep my feelings about certain mods to myself from now on. I love you, C_rake. Oops! I mean-- :P
#25 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

[QUOTE="LightR"] I'm going to replay it and try to get all the trophies if that's possible in the second playthru. I really want to see how flexible the story really is; I plan on doing it on easy since the hardest mode doesn't really allow you to do what you want.

PoisoN_Facecam0

Sadly no, there's no new game+

But once you get to know the game it becomes much faster and smoother; 2nd playthrough took me a bit over one day.

It's just you have to make decisions for some of the sidequests to get the trophies. Some of these decisions make you pay money, and there isn't a huge amount of money you can get in the game. Also you need at least 1 lethal playthrough and one non-lethal. Endings, strangely, can be done with 1 playthrough (or so I believe).

#26 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]I know, it's such a sad day when mods get their feelings hurt :roll: (Not all mods btw, just those with a god complex)Laser_Hunter

BigSmoke said he wanted to call out some mods he didn't like. I told him it would get him banned and warned him not to. He said to give him some names and watch OT for the thread. I gave him a couple names, just messing around really. And *poof* LBL and BigSmoke are history.
#27 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="c_rake"]

MrSelf-Destruct

BigSmoke said he wanted to call out some mods he didn't like. I told him it would get him banned and warned him not to. He said to give him some names and watch OT for the thread. I gave him a couple names, just messing around really. And *poof* LBL and BigSmoke are history.

I blame C_rake :P But seriously, the mods are just meh... I've grown to largely ignore them and try and avoid annoying them. The thing that's always troubled me is mods who try to remain a part of the community. It's just difficult to interact with them because you never want to get on their bad side and you don't want to post something questionable...

#28 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"] So who planned/executed a suicide thread? I feel so behind lolLaser_Hunter

I blame C_rake :P But seriously, the mods are just meh... I've grown to largely ignore them and try and avoid annoying them. The thing that's always troubled me is mods who try to remain a part of the community. It's just difficult to interact with them because you never want to get on their bad side and you don't want to post something questionable...

That's how I got into it with the mod-who-must-not-be-named. He was being condescending and rude to other users in a fashion that would have gotten anyone else modded. I called him out on it and got a series of point losses for it. I wasn't even being rude, really. And I was told that you aren't allowed to call mods out for their behavior. It makes it really hard to want to interact with them. If you can be a jerk and I can't say anything to you about it, I'm just not going to say anything to you at all. I hope I don't get modded again for saying that. lol
#29 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

what the crap did you guys do :|

#30 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -

what the crap did you guys do :|

starwarsjunky
Just go read the last page of the other lounge. All will be revealed. :P
#31 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -
i wish will would get the tested pax panel up already >.
#32 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -
o hey its up :P
#33 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
o hey its up :PMethodManFTW
awesome new sig/avy dude. i just started it yesterday lol. and i started X today :P
#34 Posted by supa_badman (16623 posts) -

*Comes in and lays down on couch*

This couch is different than before... :(

#35 Posted by gial240 (2019 posts) -

WHAT. HAVE. YOU. GUYS. DONE.

#36 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -
Geoff from RosterTeeth is a boss. I love his videos.
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]o hey its up :Pstarwarsjunky
awesome new sig/avy dude. i just started it yesterday lol. and i started X today :P

Choboco from FF as best sidekick ever?
#37 Posted by MethodManFTW (25394 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]o hey its up :Pstarwarsjunky

Are you really playing both games at the same time? Also, awesome games.. Love them both. :D
#38 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

*Comes in and lays down on couch*

This couch is different than before... :(

supa_badman

I thought the cat couch would attract new people. :(

#39 Posted by supa_badman (16623 posts) -

Nah, smells too much like hair and piss tbh

#40 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -
^Best. Couch. Ever. I WANT GIANT PUSSYCAT COUCH FOR MEEEE!
#41 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -

supa_badman
Delete that. It's in my way. :P
#42 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

Geoff from RosterTeeth is a boss. I love his videos. [QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]o hey its up :PLightR

Choboco from FF as best sidekick ever?

i have the chocobo going pretty far, i remember :P

#43 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]o hey its up :PMethodManFTW

Are you really playing both games at the same time? Also, awesome games.. Love them both. :D

yep :lol:

i've beaten vii before tho. lol

#44 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] awesome new sig/avy dude. i just started it yesterday lol. and i started X today :Pstarwarsjunky

yep :lol:

i've beaten vii before tho. lol

not to mention i'm going through iv on ds lol
#45 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -
Man, that sidekick thing was nuts. I had to make some fairly odd choices. Otacon came out the victor, though. He was an easy choice over Captain Price. :P
#46 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -
Man, that sidekick thing was nuts. I had to make some fairly odd choices. Otacon came out the victor, though. He was an easy choice over Captain Price. :PMrSelf-Destruct
companion cube beats launchpad in the finals :P
#47 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

supa_badman

Should I cancel my order for this then?

I can't imagine what it smells like.

#48 Posted by LightR (17419 posts) -

SWJ you need to check this out! The pictures on this site are insanely awesome! I bookmarked it, there's tons more of cool stuff on other pages too.

http://pinterest.com/dganda/in-a-galaxy-far-far-away/

#49 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -

SWJ you need to check this out! The pictures on this site are insanely awesome! I bookmarked it, there's tons more of cool stuff on other pages too.

http://pinterest.com/dganda/in-a-galaxy-far-far-away/

LightR
Oh my god, dude, there is so much win on that page! I WANT ALL THOSE THINGS! I was going to post a couple that I really like, but then I couldn't choose. :P
#50 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13049 posts) -
Also, Light, you win many internets for editing the thread title. Optimal choice, sir.