The goddamn thing just broke, again.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Emad87 (151 posts) -

This is my 2nd PS3 which I got it replaced by Sony. The first one broke so fast and the reason of it the fans were making

strange noises which may led it to break. Now the second one I had it since August and it was working fine till yesterday I was

playing PES 2008 and suddenly it froze. I tried to turn it on again and all I get is a black screen. I tried after 30 minutes it

worked for 10 seconds and froze again. Of course I gave it a try today too but I noticed that the fans aren't working. Now I don't

know why these things happen to me and by the way I take a really good care ofmy consoles. PS3 is just a waste of money.

#2 Posted by davie_rfc (293 posts) -
havent had a problem with mine at all. Dont blame the system just because you bought a faulty one
#3 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -

1- don't u ever say "goddamn" , int mulslim !!

2- my PS3 is working great until now but i don't know what to do if it happened to me ( cuz my ps3 is NTSC and i'm in PAL region )

#4 Posted by Emad87 (151 posts) -

havent had a problem with mine at all. Dont blame the system just because you bought a faulty onedavie_rfc

I'm not blaming the system. I'm blaming sony for this. Many others had problems with the console.

#5 Posted by candid_llama (315 posts) -

Usually 80% of consumers cause damage to theyre electronics. You appear to be part of that percentage.

My cousin exhanged his weekold Ps3 for a new one when he couldn't connect to PSN. It had been his router configs...

#6 Posted by solaris1979 (1592 posts) -
If it's fan that broke both time.... I'd say someone isn't giving PS3 enough breathing room and fans are working overtime.
#7 Posted by Emad87 (151 posts) -

Usually 80% of consumers cause damage to theyre electronics. You appear to be part of that percentage.

Hey don't tell me that am part of anything ok? you don't even know me. If it happened to ur system u can be part of that stupid percentage of urs

My cousin exhanged his weekold Ps3 for a new one when he couldn't connect to PSN. It had been his router configs...

candid_llama
#8 Posted by 3zoozM (828 posts) -

first of all, why are you skipping a line after every line and a 1/4 ?

second, the PS3 is a great reliable console. ive had no problems with it so far. and it NOT a waste of money.

#9 Posted by Emad87 (151 posts) -

first of all, why are you skipping a line after every line and a 1/4 ?

second, the PS3 is a great reliable console. ive had no problems with it so far. and it NOT a waste of time.

3zoozM

It's just theway I like typing my posts. If u have a problem with it don't bother reading next time.

#10 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -
TC you need to take the PS3 out of the inclosed area when you get it working again. I have had mine on for a few months now 24/7 without a single problem.
#11 Posted by pigsybum (1675 posts) -
indeed the ps3 has some problems, the most common i've seen is the lens issue.
#12 Posted by juhansoo12 (275 posts) -
I've had no problems with mine.
#13 Posted by EmperorSupreme (7661 posts) -

@Emad87

How do you have your PS3 set up? Does it have room to breathe? Especially the right side and rear part of the unit. What about your entertainment center? Does it have doors? If so keep them open.

Do you have it sitting on any other electronics that get hot, like a receiver?

Very odd your issue, never heard of it once let alone twice. Sony makes reliable products and the PS3 defect rate is 0.02% Which means about 2 out of every 10000 are defective. So they chances of getting two in a row defective is 1 out of 25,000,000. You should go play lotto tonight.

#14 Posted by Psmol200 (572 posts) -

Im not saying it cant happen, but im not buying the orig poster

Sounds like a lame attempt to just slam Sony, and the Machine.

Personally ive had my machine for over a yr now, and NOT ONE SINGLE PROB

Good lukc with your "so called" fan issue

#15 Posted by 7th_Day (36 posts) -
mine just freezes up sometimes....i'm currently taking care of that issue. however, i've never heard of antone experiencing what you are. ps3 is a great system....i like mine very much. Now go wash your mouth out with soap you dirty bird.
#16 Posted by Dogswithguns (10880 posts) -
The PS3 is a tough built -- if it broke it's because the owners did not place it where it can breath.... other wise you're just a troll.
#17 Posted by super_ps2player (531 posts) -

..........use it as a paper weight...........lol

.........me want peeswee too.......for mgs4........

#18 Posted by wickdawg01 (21 posts) -
I think every system has problems when they release and for a few months after that, i mean look at the 360's red ring of death issue. My PS3 is working amazingly (knock on wood) so i wouldnt just start hating sony cuz of a couple faulty machines.
#19 Posted by SPD_WeBmAsTaH (2667 posts) -
Hey, you quoted 3zoozM wrong, he wrote the PS3 is NOT a waste of money, you put that it's NOT a waste of time.......horrible quoting job there. Anyway, the PS3 is a great machine, and your problem is the first that I've ever heard of. I mean sure the machine can freeze up once or twice, but a problem like yours, is called a consumer neglegence. You need to give the PS3 breathing room, and don't put it on another electronic when you know it'll get hot. Try and vacuum the vents once in a while so they don't get clogged. Go read the manual for the PS3 for how to take care of it.
#20 Posted by gipps85 (178 posts) -
The guy who started this topic stated the ps3 is a waste of money for it breaking on him twice. when i had a 360 that garbage of a console broke on me five times all within a year. i took the best care of it too. the 3 red lights just keepappearing. I got tried of it so i sold it to someone and got a ps3which has tons of better features then the 360 did, and your the first person i here thathad problems with the ps3 breaking down.
#21 Posted by jayray1976 (5 posts) -
Yeah I would say they are pretty reliable my daughter who was 3 at the time used mine for a penny bank and i still could play games in it.... took back and got a new one... havent had any problems since and my ps3 is as high as i can put it
#22 Posted by CosmoKing7717 (4603 posts) -
blah...mine broke(stopped reading discs) and im getting it replaced...i'm afraid cus every copy i make of my receipt is too faint to send in. Should i just send it in and trust that sony's 60 gig wont break on me again? the chance of 2 breaking on u is REALLY slim...but blah. And dude...for 2 to break on you you probably are contributing in some way.
#23 Posted by Confondu (334 posts) -
i guess your just one unlucky person.
#24 Posted by tryfe_lyn (4122 posts) -
Sorry to hear that man...one of the rare cases of bad luck with the PS3 me thinks...
#25 Posted by shroom76 (1765 posts) -

certainly you must have mispelled xbox360.

i kid i kid, not many people have this problem in comparison to the other 2 systems, wii is tiny and breakable, and xbox360 tries to imitate a dragon and breathe fire.

#26 Posted by Da_IceCream_Man (208 posts) -
Its not a waste of money u just to take care of ur PS3 and ur probably just saying bad things about the PS3 because u want the 360:roll:
#27 Posted by rolo107 (5470 posts) -
Fakeboy? Anyways, mine is fine.
#28 Posted by blackldragon (1540 posts) -

This is my 2nd PS3 which I got it replaced by Sony. The first one broke so fast and the reason of it the fans were making strange noises which may led it to break. Now the second one I had it since August and it was working fine till yesterday I was playing PES 2008 and suddenly it froze. I tried to turn it on again and all I get is a black screen. I tried after 30 minutes it worked for 10 seconds and froze again. Of course I gave it a try today too but I noticed that the fans aren't working. Now I don't know why these things happen to me and by the way I take a really good care ofmy consoles. PS3 is just a waste of money.

Emad87

Fix'd

God Hates you my friend, but it's ok because he hates me too. We should get more people and stop him from his evil tyronny.

#29 Posted by silude21 (98 posts) -
haa, ya right. i smell a troll. 2 ps3s breaking? i dont buy it. now if u said xbox360 id believe u. ive had my ps3 for over a year, no problems.
#30 Posted by heyheydoh (1859 posts) -

Why don't you get a 360, I mean they are the most reliable next-gen system. =D