The FFXV Thread [Now for PS4]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] lol.... Lightning and Snow was a different story..

Young_Charter

Lightning was almost bearable, but then they throw in Snow and I was like WTF??? I can't take those characters seriously now.

I thought It was going to have something to do with seasons at one point lol

I mean...Cloud? Really?

#152 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] Lightning was almost bearable, but then they throw in Snow and I was like WTF??? I can't take those characters seriously now.hxczuner

I thought It was going to have something to do with seasons at one point lol

I mean...Cloud? Really?

I didn't like it at first either. That's why I changed his name to Blondie when I first started. Grew on me after awhile though. Lightning and Snow are kinda...ewwww...not even subtle about make a Cloud carbon copy, yeesh.
#153 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I thought It was going to have something to do with seasons at one point lol frostybanana

I mean...Cloud? Really?

I didn't like it at first either. That's why I changed his name to Blondie when I first started. Grew on me after awhile though. Lightning and Snow are kinda...ewwww...not even subtle about make a Cloud carbon copy, yeesh.

Next name is going to be " Apocalypse" lmao
#154 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
Just wanted to chime in... Romeo and Juliet is NOT gay If you don't believe me then watch the 90s movie version with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Daines. :P
#155 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I thought It was going to have something to do with seasons at one point lol frostybanana

I mean...Cloud? Really?

I don't know, I connected the characters to VIII more than I did VII. Like Snow--Irvine+Zell. Lightning has a Gunblade; i'm pretty sure she's the only other character to have one, other than Yazoo from Advent Children. I don't know,
#156 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

I thought It was going to have something to do with seasons at one point lol Young_Charter
I mean...Cloud? Really?

I named him something that could get me heavily modded if I were to type it here.
#157 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] I mean...Cloud? Really?

TheEldestGod

I named him something that could get me heavily modded if I were to type it here.

We wont tell :roll:

#158 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] I didn't like it at first either. That's why I changed his name to Blondie when I first started. Grew on me after awhile though. Lightning and Snow are kinda...ewwww...not even subtle about make a Cloud carbon copy, yeesh. hxczuner

:roll:...........................*sigh* :roll: lmao.... this is going on the first page

#159 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -

Just wanted to chime in... Romeo and Juliet is NOT gay If you don't believe me then watch the 90s movie version with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Daines. :P TheEldestGod

that movie was kinda... you know :P.

let's just say those guns didn't make the movie or anyone else (with the exception of a couple of actors, like John Leguizamo and such) look any more masculine.

#160 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] I named him something that could get me heavily modded if I were to type it here.Young_Charter

:roll:...........................*sigh* :roll: lmao.... this is going on the first page

#161 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] I mean...Cloud? Really?

hxczuner

I don't know, I connected the characters to VIII more than I did VII. Like Snow--Irvine+Zell. Lightning has a Gunblade; i'm pretty sure she's the only other character to have one, other than Yazoo from Advent Children. I don't know,

Well, just because they didn't literally slap a Buster Sword on her back doesn't mean she's not a copy. She has the more depthless qualities of Cloud found in the beginning of the game. Problem was she didn't develop or grow as the story progressed, unlike Cloud, who turned into a little b*tch and then redeemed himself at the end of the game.

Also, in terms of character development VIII was on par if not superior to VII because all of the characters grew, not just the central characters. Even the villains grew, probably some of the best character development I've seen. Zell was a G too. He can be the strongest party member if you groom him right :D. @ TheEldestGod, ROFL that movie was pimpin.

#162 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]Just wanted to chime in... Romeo and Juliet is NOT gay If you don't believe me then watch the 90s movie version with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Daines. :P Rakuho

let's just say those guns didn't make the movie or anyone else (with the exception of a couple of actors, like John Leguizamo and such) look any more masculine.

"Fetch me my longsword!!!" *Grabs rifle* I loved they way they interpreted it. Venice Beach, Dagger=pistol, etc... Sorry, off topic.
#163 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] I didn't like it at first either. That's why I changed his name to Blondie when I first started. Grew on me after awhile though. Lightning and Snow are kinda...ewwww...not even subtle about make a Cloud carbon copy, yeesh. frostybanana

Well, just because they didn't literally slap a Buster Sword on her back doesn't mean she's not a copy. She has the more depthless qualities of Cloud found in the beginning of the game. Problem was she didn't develop or grow as the story progressed, unlike Cloud, who turned into a little b*tch and then redeemed himself at the end of the game.

Also, in terms of character development VIII was on par if not superior to VII because all of the characters grew, not just the central characters. Even the villains grew, probably some of the best character development I've seen. Zell was a G too. He can be the strongest party member if you groom him right :D. @ TheEldestGod, ROFL that movie was pimpin.

She kinda had a little cute bad girl inside of her lol
#164 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] I didn't like it at first either. That's why I changed his name to Blondie when I first started. Grew on me after awhile though. Lightning and Snow are kinda...ewwww...not even subtle about make a Cloud carbon copy, yeesh. hxczuner

Okay. I named him Cockhead. I thought the long pointy locke of hair sticking straight out of his head was funny. I was 12 at the time, so... Whatever.
#165 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

Just wanted to chime in... Romeo and Juliet is NOT gay If you don't believe me then watch the 90s movie version with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Daines. :P TheEldestGod

"Fetch me my longsword!!!" *Grabs rifle* I loved they way they interpreted it. Venice Beach, Dagger=pistol, etc... Sorry, off topic.

Thank you, sir. Thank you. I thought it was an incredibly creative interpretation myself. Mercutio's "dagger" was pretty bad@$$, too.
#166 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

This is now the ofiicial FF Versus XIII thread... Will be applying rules now.

#167 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -

Young_Charter
Ouch. So crabby - - Oh, I mean... I LOVE FFvsXIII!!! :P
#168 Posted by GrandJury (15396 posts) -
Soooo. What is this place? Like an official thread of some sort? Nice job homie.
#169 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

Ouch. So crabby - - Oh, I mean... I LOVE FFvsXIII!!! :P

Report!!! lmao :P
#171 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

I named him something that could get me heavily modded if I were to type it here.TheEldestGod

Okay. I named him Cockhead. I thought the long pointy locke of hair sticking straight out of his head was funny. I was 12 at the time, so... Whatever.

lmao... I wish you could still name characters..
#172 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] I didn't like it at first either. That's why I changed his name to Blondie when I first started. Grew on me after awhile though. Lightning and Snow are kinda...ewwww...not even subtle about make a Cloud carbon copy, yeesh. frostybanana

Her whole jaded "I don't care about any of you" attitude was very Squall. I definitely saw her develop though. One of my favorite parts of the game, actually, was the scene where you learn her real name. Throughout the whole game she has this badass, **** all of you attitude but you can see her start to open up. When you learn her name though, it felt like her entire character opened up; she immediately gained a human quality. That might just be because I had to take an entire course based on the "Negative effects of naming something". The whole point was that something loses itself when you name it, but I digress. She definitely developed. Cloud's development was interesting because he actually lost his identity over the course of the game--that's the only part of his character that I didn't despise. I really think VIII was the better game though *Flamewall* :P As for vs.XIII being like Romeo+Juliet, didn't they say that it would be? Noctis is a prince, and if I recall, the woman in the trailer is a Princess from a warring nation. It doesn't really seem like they're "In love but can't be together because of their families". Doesn't it show them fighting in a trailer or screen shot?

#173 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

I don't know, I connected the characters to VIII more than I did VII. Like Snow--Irvine+Zell. Lightning has a Gunblade; i'm pretty sure she's the only other character to have one, other than Yazoo from Advent Children. I don't know, hxczuner

Her whole jaded "I don't care about any of you" attitude was very Squall. I definitely saw her develop though. One of my favorite parts of the game, actually, was the scene where you learn her real name. Throughout the whole game she has this badass, **** all of you attitude but you can see her start to open up. When you learn her name though, it felt like her entire character opened up; she immediately gained a human quality. That might just be because I had to take an entire course based on the "Negative effects of naming something". The whole point was that something loses itself when you name it, but I digress. She definitely developed. Cloud's development was interesting because he actually lost his identity over the course of the game--that's the only part of his character that I didn't despise. I really think VIII was the better game though *Flamewall* :P As for vs.XIII being like Romeo+Juliet, didn't they say that it would be? Noctis is a prince, and if I recall, the woman in the trailer is a Princess from a warring nation. It doesn't really seem like they're "In love but can't be together because of their families". Doesn't it show them fighting in a trailer or screen shot?

Yeah, it did show them fighting on a screenshot.. I'm not sure what's going to happen though.. I think she stole a crystal or something.
#174 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

Yeah, it did show them fighting on a screenshot.. I'm not sure what's going to happen though.. I think she stole a crystal or something.

Maybe they're L'cie fighting for different Fal'cie
#175 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Don't forget they were cool and talking when they were both formally dressed.
#176 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[spoiler] So were Sazh and Vanille before the scene in Nautilus [/spoiler] Just sayin. I know they moved on from that, but it's a possibility.
#177 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] Maybe they're L'cie fighting for different Fal'ciehxczuner

[spoiler] So were Sazh and Vanille before the scene in Nautilus [/spoiler] Just sayin. I know they moved on from that, but it's a possibility.

I don't trust when it comes to spoilers lol whenever you put a spoiler, make sure you labeled what chapter it is or what it has to do with.
#178 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Don't forget they were cool and talking when they were both formally dressed. Young_Charter

I don't trust when it comes to spoilers lol whenever you put a spoiler, make sure you labeled what chapter it is or what it has to do with.

Nautilus
#179 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] [spoiler] So were Sazh and Vanille before the scene in Nautilus [/spoiler] Just sayin. I know they moved on from that, but it's a possibility. hxczuner

Nautilus

lol I saw it already, but you could be right. I just think him and her were talking about the power of crystal or w/e (in the trailer) and then he probably promised her something. It was to look at the crystal or some sort and she betrayed him or something.. All I know is it's her fault lol
#180 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="hxczuner"] I don't know, I connected the characters to VIII more than I did VII. Like Snow--Irvine+Zell. Lightning has a Gunblade; i'm pretty sure she's the only other character to have one, other than Yazoo from Advent Children. I don't know, hxczuner

Didn't really see the development in Lightning to be honest, although to be far I stopped paying attention to her after awhile. I was much more interested in Sazh and Hope (even though I seriously hate his name). Hope is the one character I actually connected to. Everyone else was just kinda there. I kinda see what you mean with her being like Squall, but Squall was WAY more hilarious with his F-U-esque responses and such. Also he was a lot more emo lol. From the most shallow perspective, Cloud and Lightning are virtual twins. But as I said, Cloud changes a ton and that's the real difference.
#181 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I don't trust when it comes to spoilers lol whenever you put a spoiler, make sure you labeled what chapter it is or what it has to do with.Young_Charter
Nautilus

lol I saw it already, but you could be right. I just think him and her were talking about the power of crystal or w/e (in the trailer) and then he probably promised her something. It was to look at the crystal or some sort and she betrayed him or something.. All I know is it's her fault lol

I actually hope vs. and XIII are more closely related than Nomura has said. I really like that world.
#182 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] Nautilushxczuner

I actually hope vs. and XIII are more closely related than Nomura has said. I really like that world.

I remembered when he said something about FFXIII pt 2..
#183 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] lol I saw it already, but you could be right. I just think him and her were talking about the power of crystal or w/e (in the trailer) and then he probably promised her something. It was to look at the crystal or some sort and she betrayed him or something.. All I know is it's her fault lol Young_Charter

I remembered when he said something about FFXIII pt 2..

?? In reference to VS.?
#184 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

Here it is

http://www.psu.com/news/8731

#185 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

Here it is

Young_Charter
eww
#186 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

Here it is

eww

??? That's nasty ?
#187 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

Here it is

eww

??? That's nasty ?

sure is. ff 13... PART 2 and this time....it's PERSONAL
#188 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] ewwfrostybanana
??? That's nasty ?

lmao... lmao!! I remember that one with FFX-2..
#189 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

Soooo....are they just going to stop making FF games? Or are they going to start making spin offs of all their other universes? Neither sound like a good idea :/. Even if they created a new IP, they'd have to develop the systems, it's not like they're ever going to get away from that. XIII-2 would be cool, I guess. I like the trilogy concept we've got with Agito, VS., and XIII though.

#190 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] ??? That's nasty ? Young_Charter

yeah and you're sitting there thinking...well how much more personal can it get? @hxczuner, i guess it depends on the success of vs.13. If it sells like I think it will, they'll be inclined to make more games like it.
#191 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

Soooo....are they just going to stop making FF games? Or are they going to start making spin offs of all their other universes? Neither sound like a good idea :/. Even if they created a new IP, they'd have to develop the systems, it's not like they're ever going to get away from that. XIII-2 would be cool, I guess. I like the trilogy concept we've got with Agito, VS., and XIII though.

hxczuner
They'll probably first take their time and get rid of Agito and Versus first. I havea feeling they should both come out next year... Three FF's in one year ? Interesting lol
#192 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] sure is. ff 13... PART 2 and this time....it's PERSONALfrostybanana

yeah and you're sitting there thinking...well how much more personal can it get? @hxczuner, i guess it depends on the success of vs.13. If it sells like I think it will, they'll be inclined to make more games like it.

Well, i suppose we're going to get a sequel to VIII, IX, XII, and an Advent Children game. That should take us up to....I don't know, 2050?? The end of time?
#193 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] lmao... lmao!! I remember that one with FFX-2.. hxczuner

Well, i suppose we're going to get a sequel to VIII, IX, XII, and an Advent Children game. That should take us up to....I don't know, 2050?? The end of time?

I'm not even going to anticipate for those lol...
#194 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] yeah and you're sitting there thinking...well how much more personal can it get? @hxczuner, i guess it depends on the success of vs.13. If it sells like I think it will, they'll be inclined to make more games like it.Young_Charter

I'm going to anticipate another VII reincarnation. I want to see Sephiroth inexplicably appear for a FINAL SHOWDOWN with Cloud. But this time...it's final.
#195 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] Well, i suppose we're going to get a sequel to VIII, IX, XII, and an Advent Children game. That should take us up to....I don't know, 2050?? The end of time? frostybanana

I'm going to anticipate another VII reincarnation. I want to see Sephiroth inexplicably appear for a FINAL SHOWDOWN with Cloud. But this time...it's final.

Final Fantasy VII: Re-Invent Children lol
#196 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I'm not even going to anticipate for those lol... Young_Charter

No they have to emphasize the final so people understand it's the final one. like FINAL Fantasy VII: FINAL Advent FINAL Children FINALE
#197 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] I'm going to anticipate another VII reincarnation. I want to see Sephiroth inexplicably appear for a FINAL SHOWDOWN with Cloud. But this time...it's final.frostybanana

No they have to emphasize the final so people understand it's the final one. like FINAL Fantasy VII: FINAL Advent FINAL Children FINALE

lmao... It;ll probably be Final Fantasy VIII: International
#198 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -

Here it is

Young_Charter

This is where they messed up with XIII:

"We do not know if there will be a XV. This depends a lot on the success of XIII. Also, it is difficult to pinpoint elements that are typical Final Fantasy."

"They are mostly invisible: part of the DNA of the game, that everyone recognizes as typical Final Fantasy. But if there is a XV, I hope the way we wrote our characters carries over. We strived to create believable people of flesh and blood. They are not robots. And they are not super heroes. I hope this humanity is something we will see again."

Believable people don't belong in a fantasy game. Their willingness to make these people "believable" is what made much of the dialogue so cheesey and stupid and ultimately ruined the game's entire plot line. They were trying to build a story out of characters yet their characters had no real depth and not much exciting about them at all. They were TOO normal.

#199 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

Here it is

TheEldestGod

This is where they messed up with XIII:

"We do not know if there will be a XV. This depends a lot on the success of XIII. Also, it is difficult to pinpoint elements that are typical Final Fantasy."

"They are mostly invisible: part of the DNA of the game, that everyone recognizes as typical Final Fantasy. But if there is a XV, I hope the way we wrote our characters carries over. We strived to create believable people of flesh and blood. They are not robots. And they are not super heroes. I hope this humanity is something we will see again."

Believable people don't belong in a fantasy game. Their willingness to make these people "believable" is what made much of the dialogue so cheesey and stupid and ultimately ruined the game's entire plot line. They were trying to build a story out of characters yet their characters had no real depth and not much exciting about them at all. They were TOO normal.

idk why... I want to get up and start playing it, but something keeps me away from this game lol FF XIII

#200 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -

idk why... I want to get up and start playing it, but something keeps me away from this game lol FF XIII

Young_Charter

I'll tell you this, bro: The ending is EPIC. I really enjoyed the game and enjoyed every minute of it cause i actually really liked the battle system, but I didn't fall in love until I saw that awesome ending. Hurry up and finish it and tell me what you think!