The FFXV Thread [Now for PS4]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="hxczuner"] Does that mean we're going to be dealing with Fal'cie again? The way they structured XIII makes it kind of hard to make a game that takes place in the past, in the same universe, with a completely different character set. I guess maybe it could happen before the war where . Like, the fal'cie are still there but the conflict isn't involving them. I can't think about this anymore... Nomura damn well better deliver.

hxczuner

im not sure, maybe it's in the future and not the past. either way, i hope that they're completely unrelated. it does seem to me that noctis is a ridiculously strong character. way stronger than anyone in FF13, so maybe it's in the future?

well, all we've really seen are CG trailers. I mean, in XIII's cutscenes Snow and Lightning do some wicked **** they're not that powerful in-game. Or, think about Cloud in Advent Children....or any other cg scene. They always look stronger than they are in actual gameplay. Off topic: That pisses me off. When a character one hits countless enemies in a movie, then it takes you 5 minutes to kill one... anyway. In any case, I'm really excited and I at this point that's all that matters.

yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers.
#102 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I am so lucky I just played the part where... [spoiler] Fang admits to Vanilla she remembers she was Ragnarok [/spoiler] because I would've killed you if I didn't... hxczuner

Hence, the spoiler tag ;). I mean, if you haven't beat the game yet, clicking on a spoiler tag is an awful idea. :roll:

You suck lol
#103 Posted by Solid-CELL (5910 posts) -
That's some sick screens, yup..
#104 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
That's some sick screens, yup..Solid-CELL
The screenshot?
#105 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] well, all we've really seen are CG trailers. I mean, in XIII's cutscenes Snow and Lightning do some wicked **** they're not that powerful in-game. Or, think about Cloud in Advent Children....or any other cg scene. They always look stronger than they are in actual gameplay. Off topic: That pisses me off. When a character one hits countless enemies in a movie, then it takes you 5 minutes to kill one... anyway. In any case, I'm really excited and I at this point that's all that matters.

frostybanana

yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers.

Ha...true. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for the "This is a sequel to VII" announcement. Just wait, it's going to end up being in Midgar. I mean, the sword thing?? Come on...

and since I can't find a pic from advent children...here

#106 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers. hxczuner

Ha...true. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for the "This is a sequel to VII" announcement. Just wait, it's going to end up being in Midgar. I mean, the sword thing?? Come on...

dang.....good point..
#107 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers. Young_Charter

dang.....good point..

Plus, half of that trailer has a Cloud watermark in the corner. Maybe they've explained that part, I don't know, but I find it interesting.

#108 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
The magazine people loser lol
#109 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

What?

#110 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

What?

hxczuner
lol its a SE like magazine bro
#111 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

oh, ok...gotcha. Well fine...but the sword thing? No coincedence

#112 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

hxczuner
the top right meant them...
#113 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Young_Charter

Yeah I got that, I didn't put that together at first. That cover though, it reminds me of how much of a little **** Cloud is :|. At least in XIII, the protagonist actually IS a little ****...PROGRESS!!

#114 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Yeah I got that, I didn't put that together at first. That cover though, it reminds me of how much of a little **** Cloud is :|. At least in XIII, the protagonist actually IS a little ****...PROGRESS!!

lol ooo wow
#115 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

the top right meant them... Young_Charter

lol ooo wow

Who knows, We'll just have to wait and see.
#116 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

You know it's true. I mean, I love Cloud, Squall, Titus, Vaan, etc..., but they're all whiney little **** At least in XIII, they decided to make the protagonist a woman. AND, she did nothing but piss me off the whole time. I know Snow's a douche, but for crying out loud, just be nice to him...for your sister....sorry. /rant

#117 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

You know it's true. I mean, I love Cloud, Squall, Titus, Vaan, etc..., but they're all whiney little **** At least in XIII, they decided to make the protagonist a woman. AND, she did nothing but piss me off the whole time. I know Snow's a douche, but for crying out loud, just be nice to him...for your sister....sorry. /rant

hxczuner
lol haha.... Well think about it, if you made a hot game right ? You want the sequel or spin off to be complimented like the first one correct ? ESPECIALLY when the game media is on it and filling things up in their head.
#118 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

This got really off topic...I hope I don't get reported :roll:.

#119 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

hxczuner
I doubt it... I don't see anything wrong unless it's a good negative reason..
#120 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Young_Charter

I mean...they've been on a bit of a spree lately. But regardless, I was being facetious. I really just want them to detail the combat system now, I know we spent a lot of time speculating in the LBL...that's all I want to see right now.
#121 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

I mean...they've been on a bit of a spree lately. But regardless, I was being facetious. I really just want them to detail the combat system now, I know we spent a lot of time speculating in the LBL...that's all I want to see right now.

Cuz it's summer time... Even tho it should be like this on winter time lol but it came to the point I wanted to stay in the LBL because I didn't want no problems.. but good news come around and they are reasons to make this PS3 thread hot so I always wander out and post lol
#122 Posted by Laser_Hunter (4780 posts) -
who cares, the game is gonna be terrible... that is if it even releases...
#123 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin.
#124 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin. TheEldestGod
what makes you say that? i've been seeing more people speculate that the game takes place before ff13. is there something i missed?
#125 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
Man... Let's have a LBL party!!!! BTW: I still need to interview someone for the month of the independence day
#126 Posted by Dahaka-UK (6915 posts) -

This game takes place on a totally different planet to FFXIII. Same universe though.. Which essentially means nothing.

#127 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin. frostybanana
what makes you say that? i've been seeing more people speculate that the game takes place before ff13. is there something i missed?

Yeah, that's what I mean. When you visit Pulse in FFXIII there's crumbled buildings and traffic lights indicating that it used to be a big city there at one point that resembles something from our time. Since VsXIII resembles something more like modern day I figured that it could have something to do with the disaster that caused Pulse to become what it is in XIII.
#128 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin. TheEldestGod

Yeah, that's what I mean. When you visit Pulse in FFXIII there's crumbled buildings and traffic lights indicating that it used to be a big city there at one point that resembles something from our time. Since VsXIII resembles something more like modern day I figured that it could have something to do with the disaster that caused Pulse to become what it is in XIII.

ah yeah, that could be true. that would actually be a neat situation.
#129 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -

This game takes place on a totally different planet to FFXIII. Same universe though.. Which essentially means nothing.

Dahaka-UK
How do you know that, though? In XIII they never mentioned how Pulse came to be in ruins other than the monsters roaming the place. I think that Vs may explain how that all came to be. Since they're a part of the same mythology (Nova Crystalis Fabulosa or something another) I'm pretty certain that the Fal'cie will have a role to play in this game as well. If they do then it would make since for it to take place on Pulse.
#130 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

TheEldestGod
How do you know that, though? In XIII they never mentioned how Pulse came to be in ruins other than the monsters roaming the place. I think that Vs may explain how that all came to be. Since they're a part of the same mythology (Nova Crystalis Fabulosa or something another) I'm pretty certain that the Fal'cie will have a role to play in this game as well. If they do then it would make since for it to take place on Pulse.

it does make a lot of sense, i'll give you that. and, though i've heard they'll be largely unrelated, i've also heard that they will be using the same mythology so you're theory is entirely possible.
#131 Posted by TheEldestGod (4142 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

it does make a lot of sense, i'll give you that. and, though i've heard they'll be largely unrelated, i've also heard that they will be using the same mythology so you're theory is entirely possible.

Yeah, I think so. Only time will tell, though. I hope they reveal some more detail at the TGS this year as well as... dum dum dum... A RELEASE DATE! :P
#132 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
Yeah, because FFXIV isn't coming out till next year on PS3 but this year on PC.
#133 Posted by a_simple_gamer (1338 posts) -
Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfull
#134 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfulla_simple_gamer
I keep forgetting I have to beat FFXIII lol
#135 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfullYoung_Charter

It was kind of difficult for me to finish it too. Not because it was hard, but because I honestly can't play it for more than and hour or 2 at a time. It's just poorly paced.
#136 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfullfrostybanana

It was kind of difficult for me to finish it too. Not because it was hard, but because I honestly can't play it for more than and hour or 2 at a time. It's just poorly paced.

I know right ? I want to sit down and play it, but I can't sit down on it for hours and hours like the old Final Fantasies.. It doesn't seem like a Final Fantasy lol I think I am going to give it a try right now though.
#137 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

frostybanana

They've said that it's based on the same mythos. That, to me, implies that Fal'cie, L'cie, Eidolons, etc... will all play a part. If they're going to keep those things, I can't imagine them changing the rest of the world. I really think it's going to be what TheEldestGod said, on Pulse in the past. [spoiler] Fang as Ragnarok final boss battle!!! [/spoiler]

#138 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] How do you know that, though? In XIII they never mentioned how Pulse came to be in ruins other than the monsters roaming the place. I think that Vs may explain how that all came to be. Since they're a part of the same mythology (Nova Crystalis Fabulosa or something another) I'm pretty certain that the Fal'cie will have a role to play in this game as well. If they do then it would make since for it to take place on Pulse. hxczuner

They've said that it's based on the same mythos. That, to me, implies that Fal'cie, L'cie, Eidolons, etc... will all play a part. If they're going to keep those things, I can't imagine them changing the rest of the world. I really think it's going to be what TheEldestGod said, on Pulse in the past.

...............I hate you

#139 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

They've said that it's based on the same mythos. That, to me, implies that Fal'cie, L'cie, Eidolons, etc... will all play a part. If they're going to keep those things, I can't imagine them changing the rest of the world. I really think it's going to be what TheEldestGod said, on Pulse in the past.

hxczuner

I have a slight prediction about the game after considering a couple of elements. But if I'm right I don't want to ruin it so I'll spoiler tag it.

[spoiler] If it takes place in the past AND is heavily inspired by Shakespearean works (which it is), then I'm almost certain that Noctis will die at the end of this game. Also probably that chick who seems to be rivaling him in the trailer. [/spoiler]

#140 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

frostybanana

I have a slight prediction about the game after considering a couple of elements. But if I'm right I don't want to ruin it so I'll spoiler tag it.

Romeo n Juliet

#141 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Young_Charter

Romeo n Juliet

yeah except not as gay
#142 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

frostybanana

Romeo n Juliet

yeah except not as gay

Romeo and Juliet is not gay I'm a Lit. Major, don't **** with me.

#143 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Romeo n Juliet

hxczuner

yeah except not as gay

i dunno, it's pretty darn gay...:D
#144 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] yeah except not as gayfrostybanana

lmao hilarious...... but for real... Don''t underestimate the plot yet.
#145 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] Romeo and Juliet is not gay I'm a Lit. Major, don't **** with me.

Young_Charter

not underestimating it at all. i actually have high expectations for it.

#146 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] i dunno, it's pretty darn gay...:Dfrostybanana

Same here, I am actually being slowly paitient for the game so It could come out successful. I wish they could tell us the other main characters names
#147 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] lmao hilarious...... but for real... Don''t underestimate the plot yet.Young_Charter

Same here, I am actually being slowly paitient for the game so It could come out successful. I wish they could tell us the other main characters names

hmm name ideas: ocean wind icicle bar of soap tree sky beach mountain dirt sand
#148 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"]

frostybanana

lol.... Lightning and Snow was a different story..

#149 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Same here, I am actually being slowly paitient for the game so It could come out successful. I wish they could tell us the other main characters namesYoung_Charter

Lightning was almost bearable, but then they throw in Snow and I was like WTF??? I can't take those characters seriously now.
#150 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] hmm name ideas: ocean wind icicle bar of soap tree sky beach mountain dirt sandfrostybanana

Lightning was almost bearable, but then they throw in Snow and I was like WTF??? I can't take those characters seriously now.

I thought It was going to have something to do with seasons at one point lol