The FFXV Thread [Now for PS4]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

Whats to doubt? We hardly have info on the game. lol.

Its been 4 years, no gameplay. Are you being serious?

Shirokishi_

Yeah, I'm being serious. The teaser trailer, teams working on it, and the overall premise are more than enough for me. Nomura has stated several times that vs.XIII is going to be his opus. The man plans on making this game his absolute best. Does that not excite you at all? Even a little?

I never said it doesnt excite me, Im just skeptical considering the team and Nomuras history.

Your opinion is your opinion, if you think the game sounds amazing then great, but suporting the idea that this game will be better than XIII based on so little info we have is simply foolish.

I do believe the game has potential but I simply cant form a stronger opinion based on so little we have seen of the game.

Fair enough
#52 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11198 posts) -

Whats to doubt? We hardly have info on the game. lol.

Its been 4 years, no gameplay. Are you being serious?

Young_Charter

Yeah, I'm being serious. The teaser trailer, teams working on it, and the overall premise are more than enough for me. Nomura has stated several times that vs.XIII is going to be his opus. The man plans on making this game his absolute best. Does that not excite you at all? Even a little?

People are going to feel some dumb when this game comes out.... IT was pushed back just because of FFXIII's negative ramble...

No one said this game WONT be a better game, but its way too early to make such a call.

You may be a fanboy but even you should realize this.

#53 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
Ok good.. Finally lol I had enough of the debates... It was good in the beginning (like last month lol) but now it's just overated
#54 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

Ok good.. Finally lol I had enough of the debates... It was good in the beginning (like last month lol) but now it's just overatedYoung_Charter

You actually ARE this guy aren't you :P

#55 Posted by Swift_Boss_A (14579 posts) -
I really hope V13 has a HUGE showing at TG considering the game has pretty much been a no-show for close to two years. If they just show another small trailer Im going to be pretty annoyed, I want gameplay footage and a confirmation of a 2011 release, better deliver SE !
#56 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Ok good.. Finally lol I had enough of the debates... It was good in the beginning (like last month lol) but now it's just overatedhxczuner

.......Shut up n wait for Borderlands
#57 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11198 posts) -

I really hope V13 has a HUGE showing at TG considering the game has pretty much been a no-show for close to two years. If they just show another small trailer Im going to be pretty annoyed, I want gameplay footage and a confirmation of a 2011 release, better deliver SE !Swift_Boss_A

I think we MAY have to wait until E3 for a proper big rreveal considering they seemed to be struggling recently to get a showable build of the game out.

A few dozen screenshots and a gameplay showcase would still be great at TGS.

#58 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]I really hope V13 has a HUGE showing at TG considering the game has pretty much been a no-show for close to two years. If they just show another small trailer Im going to be pretty annoyed, I want gameplay footage and a confirmation of a 2011 release, better deliver SE !Shirokishi_

I think we MAY have to wait until E3 for a proper big rreveal considering they seemed to be struggling recently to get a showable build of the game out.

I'm expecting gameplay.
#59 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]I really hope V13 has a HUGE showing at TG considering the game has pretty much been a no-show for close to two years. If they just show another small trailer Im going to be pretty annoyed, I want gameplay footage and a confirmation of a 2011 release, better deliver SE !Shirokishi_

I don't know, I think the Famitsu interview is a good indicator of their progress. Obviously there's no way to tell, but I think we're definitely going to see something big at TGS. As was said before, They wanted an E3 reveal this year, but it couldn't happen. The fact that they even tried to push that, to me, says that it was an attainable goal. Also, those shots were taken from gameplay. One shot in particular, the one with the Behemoth, was taken mid-battle and had the HUD, menu's, and support characters removed for the sake of secrecy. If they're running battles and exploring the world map as the pics show, they'll definitely have something ready in 3 months.
#60 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]I really hope V13 has a HUGE showing at TG considering the game has pretty much been a no-show for close to two years. If they just show another small trailer Im going to be pretty annoyed, I want gameplay footage and a confirmation of a 2011 release, better deliver SE !Young_Charter

I'm expecting gameplay.

Oh, we're getting gameplay, I just dont expect much.

#61 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

I'm expecting gameplay.

Oh, we're getting gameplay, I just dont expect much.

I'm expecting much gameplay :P
#62 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Ok good.. Finally lol I had enough of the debates... It was good in the beginning (like last month lol) but now it's just overatedYoung_Charter

.......Shut up n wait for Borderlands

I KNEW IT!! "I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture - I'm an expert - but honor and shame are HUGE PARTS OF IT. It's not like AMERICA!!"
#63 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]I really hope V13 has a HUGE showing at TG considering the game has pretty much been a no-show for close to two years. If they just show another small trailer Im going to be pretty annoyed, I want gameplay footage and a confirmation of a 2011 release, better deliver SE !hxczuner

I don't know, I think the Famitsu interview is a good indicator of their progress. Obviously there's no way to tell, but I think we're definitely going to see something big at TGS. As was said before, They wanted an E3 reveal this year, but it couldn't happen. The fact that they even tried to push that, to me, says that it was an attainable goal. Also, those shots were taken from gameplay. One shot in particular, the one with the Behemoth, was taken mid-battle and had the HUD, menu's, and support characters removed for the sake of secrecy. If they're running battles and exploring the world map as the pics show, they'll definitely have something ready in 3 months.

Err, maybe I shouldve made myself clearer.

Im sure we'll see gameplay and a buch of showcasing, the Famitsu article kinda confirmed that. I just dont think that we'll be seeing a HUGE media and info blowout simply because of the way Nomura described the games showable status. We'll here some big stuff, but not the biggest.

#64 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

Shirokishi_

Err, maybe I shouldve made myself clearer.

Im sure we'll see gameplay and a buch of showcasing, the Famitsu article kinda confirmed that. I just dont think that we'll be seeing a HUGE media and info blowout simply because of the way Nomura described the games showable status. We'll here some big stuff, but not the biggest.

Oh ok, gotcha. I'm clinging to a pre-E3 2011 launch though :|. Your timelince conflicts with mine.
#65 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
I didn't expect this to be 4 pages long lol I just wanted it to be a heads up lol I guess I am still hot with or without YC because I am YC :P
#66 Posted by Guaracy- (653 posts) -
Cool, that's good news, considering the game will be darker and action-oriented. I've been looking for a good action RPG... Was meaning to buy PotC Armada of the Damned, but if this surprises me, maybe I'll get it. It is Final Fantasy after all...
#67 Posted by Guaracy- (653 posts) -
I didn't expect this to be 4 pages long lol I just wanted it to be a heads up lol I guess I am still hot with or without YC because I am YC :PYoung_Charter
Dude, also, how can you be such a FFvsXIII fanatic if we've never seen any gameplay and we know so little about it? o.o I'm not flaming, just... Rather curious x_x
#68 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I didn't expect this to be 4 pages long lol I just wanted it to be a heads up lol I guess I am still hot with or without YC because I am YC :PGuaracy-
Dude, also, how can you be such a FFvsXIII fanatic if we've never seen any gameplay and we know so little about it? o.o I'm not flaming, just... Rather curious x_x

The same way how you can be a fan boy of Donald Duck.. It's very simple..
#69 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
lol I am just a fan boy... It's not rocket science... Lmao I've always been this way with every FF except XIII even though I liked it still.. It's simple as that
#70 Posted by Khadaj32 (3157 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I didn't expect this to be 4 pages long lol I just wanted it to be a heads up lol I guess I am still hot with or without YC because I am YC :PGuaracy-

Dude, I'm also a hardcore FF fan. I am currently fanatical about Final Fantasy XV, whatever the hell that turns out to be. And since the people at Square Enix poop steaming bricks of concentrated awesome, FF is always a safe bet, at least for me.

#71 Posted by Guaracy- (653 posts) -
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I didn't expect this to be 4 pages long lol I just wanted it to be a heads up lol I guess I am still hot with or without YC because I am YC :PYoung_Charter

Yeah but I've watched Donald Duck ever since I was 3.
#72 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I didn't expect this to be 4 pages long lol I just wanted it to be a heads up lol I guess I am still hot with or without YC because I am YC :PKhadaj32

Dude, I'm also a hardcore FF fan. I am currently fanatical about Final Fantasy XV, whatever the hell that turns out to be. And since the people at Square Enix poop steaming bricks of concentrated awesome, FF is always a safe bet, at least for me.

amen my brother
#73 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] Dude, also, how can you be such a FFvsXIII fanatic if we've never seen any gameplay and we know so little about it? o.o I'm not flaming, just... Rather curious x_xGuaracy-

Yeah but I've watched Donald Duck ever since I was 3.

I've played SE Final Fantasy RPG's since I was 7....
#74 Posted by PoisoN_Facecam0 (3734 posts) -
EFF YEAH!! Can't freakin wait to see more on this.. I swear to god though if they announce it as a multiplat i'll never buy a Squarenix product again..
#75 Posted by jay_rock_ (1720 posts) -

Good lord about time its been awhile lets hope we dont wait another 3 years for the game too come..

#76 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11198 posts) -

Good lord about time its been awhile lets hope we dont wait another 3 years for the game too come..

jay_rock_

Well the game has been in developenet for 7 years.

I THINK that we will be waiting 1 more year MAX for the games release.

#77 Posted by Jinroh_basic (6413 posts) -

looking better than i expected. can't wait. i hope it stays exclusive to PS3 though.

#78 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

looking better than i expected. can't wait. i hope it stays exclusive to PS3 though.

Jinroh_basic
Let's hope so lol I want the best of this game.
#79 Posted by Scrotous (375 posts) -

My pc can run most of nowaday's console games... after FFXIII's hype, this one and MGS Rising(And maybe ZOE3),Twisted Metal, are the only reasons i'm still glad for having a console, really >_>.

#80 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

My pc can run most of nowaday's console games... after FFXIII's hype, this one and MGS Rising(And maybe ZOE3),Twisted Metal, are the only reasons i'm still glad for having a console, really >_>.

Scrotous
well um... Let's hope it stays lol
#81 Posted by Guaracy- (653 posts) -

I for one hope this game comes out for every platform. I think third parties are the future, and I have no problem with it not being exclusive anymore. It's not like this being PS3 exclusive would justify our purchase of the PS3.

#82 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

I for one hope this game comes out for every platform. I think third parties are the future, and I have no problem with it not being exclusive anymore. It's not like this being PS3 exclusive would justify our purchase of the PS3.

Guaracy-

yea yea Donald Duck :P

#83 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

Was the Behemoth in any other FF games? I really can't remember right now. Obviously, if it was, it wasn't in the same form as it is here; and that's the interesting part. The behemoth in these shots is of an identical design to that of FFXIII. I'm really starting to wonder if there's some sort of time-period gap between XIII and Vs. I know they said they're only related in themes...but I guess we'll see.

#84 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

Was the Behemoth in any other FF games? I really can't remember right now. Obviously, if it was, it wasn't in the same form as it is here; and that's the interesting part. The behemoth in these shots is of an identical design to that of FFXIII. I'm really starting to wonder if there's some sort of time-period gap between XIII and Vs. I know they said they're only related in themes...but I guess we'll see.

hxczuner
Its the same universe, but XIII was in the future and Versus is in Modern time and Agito is in the past.
#85 Posted by GrandJury (15396 posts) -
I wonder what type of side quest this game will have......If it ever comes out.
#86 Posted by Zidaneski (8469 posts) -

I wonder what type of side quest this game will have......If it ever comes out.GrandJury

Hunts,...defeat the behemoth in under 1 minute for a 5 star rating, yay!

#87 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
I wonder what type of side quest this game will have......If it ever comes out.GrandJury
lol you are full of jokes, aren't you :P ?
#88 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]I wonder what type of side quest this game will have......If it ever comes out.Zidaneski

Hunts,...defeat the behemoth in under 1 minute for a 5 star rating, yay!

lol that'll be interesting :P
#89 Posted by GrandJury (15396 posts) -
I guess you all will have to wait till TGS to see another screen shot.
#90 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
I guess you all will have to wait till TGS to see another screen shot.GrandJury
lol we will get more than that
#91 Posted by WR_Platinum (4667 posts) -

This is great news, looks like i'll puttin in more hours of dedication into this one when it does come out.

#92 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Young_Charter
Its the same universe, but XIII was in the future and Versus is in Modern time and Agito is in the past.

That's what I figured.. but Nomura was very clear about them not being related whatsoever, except for similar themes.
#93 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

That's what I figured.. but Nomura was very clear about them not being related whatsoever, except for similar themes.

I think he should have 1 more just 1 more Final Fantasy XIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis with all of them together.. (Noctis, Agito boy, Lightning)
#94 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

hxczuner

i hope it's this. like, i don't even want to think about ff13 in the slightest while playing it.
#95 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Its the same universe, but XIII was in the future and Versus is in Modern time and Agito is in the past. frostybanana

i hope it's this. like, i don't even want to think about ff13 in the slightest while playing it.

lol Im playing it now
#96 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Its the same universe, but XIII was in the future and Versus is in Modern time and Agito is in the past. frostybanana

Does that mean we're going to be dealing with Fal'cie again? The way they structured XIII makes it kind of hard to make a game that takes place in the past, in the same universe, with a completely different character set. I guess maybe it could happen before the war where [spoiler] Fang becomes Ragnarok [/spoiler] . Like, the fal'cie are still there but the conflict isn't involving them. I can't think about this anymore... Nomura damn well better deliver.

#97 Posted by Young_Charter (19877 posts) -
I am so lucky I just played the part where... [spoiler] Fang admits to Vanilla she remembers she was Ragnarok [/spoiler] because I would've killed you if I didn't...
#98 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

I am so lucky I just played the part where... [spoiler] Fang admits to Vanilla she remembers she was Ragnarok [/spoiler] because I would've killed you if I didn't... Young_Charter

Hence, the spoiler tag ;). I mean, if you haven't beat the game yet, clicking on a spoiler tag is an awful idea. :roll:

#99 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] That's what I figured.. but Nomura was very clear about them not being related whatsoever, except for similar themes. hxczuner

Does that mean we're going to be dealing with Fal'cie again? The way they structured XIII makes it kind of hard to make a game that takes place in the past, in the same universe, with a completely different character set. I guess maybe it could happen before the war where . Like, the fal'cie are still there but the conflict isn't involving them. I can't think about this anymore... Nomura damn well better deliver.

im not sure, maybe it's in the future and not the past. either way, i hope that they're completely unrelated. it does seem to me that noctis is a ridiculously strong character. way stronger than anyone in FF13, so maybe it's in the future?

#100 Posted by hxczuner (2672 posts) -

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] i hope it's this. like, i don't even want to think about ff13 in the slightest while playing it.frostybanana

Does that mean we're going to be dealing with Fal'cie again? The way they structured XIII makes it kind of hard to make a game that takes place in the past, in the same universe, with a completely different character set. I guess maybe it could happen before the war where . Like, the fal'cie are still there but the conflict isn't involving them. I can't think about this anymore... Nomura damn well better deliver.

im not sure, maybe it's in the future and not the past. either way, i hope that they're completely unrelated. it does seem to me that noctis is a ridiculously strong character. way stronger than anyone in FF13, so maybe it's in the future?

well, all we've really seen are CG trailers. I mean, in XIII's cutscenes Snow and Lightning do some wicked **** they're not that powerful in-game. Or, think about Cloud in Advent Children....or any other cg scene. They always look stronger than they are in actual gameplay. Off topic: That pisses me off. When a character one hits countless enemies in a movie, then it takes you 5 minutes to kill one... anyway. In any case, I'm really excited and I at this point that's all that matters.