The Deal is done....I got the PS4!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matthova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 198

User Lists: 0

Edited By matthova
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

Ok guys call me crazy but i really wanted a PS4...and i just got one. I decided to trade my PS3(which i got back in 2008.) for it. I traded over 30 ps3 games and my PSvita to get one. I dont really regret my decision even though, right now, i only have COD AW and NBA 2k15 for PS4. SO what do you guys think of my trade/upgrade? What games for PS4 should i get next??

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I have PS4 ( before the fanboys jump roaring like rabid animals ) and for no reason whatsoever I would trade my PS3 and all my games to get me a PS4 that has a limited game library, yes, things will get better in the future, there will be more games in a couple of years, not games right now, no longer free PS+ membership ( which I don´t mind paying ) to play on-line. Not the best decission IMHO.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Welcome to PlayStation 4. You will like this console. As for what games you will like? You know what genres that you like if you have had a PS3, PS2, PS1 so it is up to you to discover and explore what PS4 can offer you.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@raugutcon:

I totally agree, the PS4 is a great INVESTMENT, but there's noway I give up the PS3 for it. As with any investment, it will take time for you to see the real benefit of your purchase.

We are not saying you made a bad decision, just a hasty one! Anyway, congrats though

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I would never trade in my old systems and all those games for a new system.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Congrats on the ps4. I kept my ps3 and vita though. Still play those daily.

matthova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 198

#6 matthova
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

Yeah you guys make a good point...I literally had just about every good PS3 game, from KILLZONEs to GOd OF wars....MGS Collection, but hey at least i get to experience next gen...not sure if my Wii U counts lol

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I personally would have kept the vita but meh. It's your choice. Welcome buddy.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

PS4 is by far the best console for multiplats so you already have loads of great games to choose from and more PS4 xclusives will come along soon enough. If you like COD a good shooter to check out is Metro Redux two great games in one package.

Between all that and a ton of stuff for the Wii U you'll be just fine.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I'm all about new tech, good job sir.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MethodManFTW

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

New tech is cool, but what about if it ain't broke it, don't fix it? See, that's why I'm also a fan of old tech. You can't just act like it's not worth it still. Mathova bought a PS4 for just TWO games, that's all!!

I've played all the old games I want to play on PS3... And if I really want to play some exclusive that isn't on PC and I can do PSNow and maybe they will just remaster it at some point. Nothing wrong with old tech, but personally, I am all about new tech.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MethodManFTW

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

New tech is cool, but what about if it ain't broke it, don't fix it? See, that's why I'm also a fan of old tech. You can't just act like it's not worth it still. Mathova bought a PS4 for just TWO games, that's all!!

I've played all the old games I want to play on PS3... And if I really want to play some exclusive that isn't on PC and I can do PSNow and maybe they will just remaster it at some point. Nothing wrong with old tech, but personally, I am all about new tech.

there's more, you just got to dig and allow yourself to indulge

No, I have played every game I want to play for PS3.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

The last of us remastered, Infamous SS, and whatever else you like

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MethodManFTW

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

there's more, you just got to dig and allow yourself to indulge

No, I have played every game I want to play for PS3.

Yea but there may be more you haven't played and if you were being not close minded I'm sure I could find you some you would like.

I have zero desire to play every game released for PS3, and has someone who has followed video games very closely for the last five years or so, I have played every single PS3 game that has come out that I had any remote interest in trying.

I work ~50 hours a week, go out on Saturdays, and have a plethora of other responsibilities. I just want to play the new hot shit I am excited about.. My time for game is limited so I'm not going to waste it. Just bought a Wii-U for Bayonetta 2 cuz it looks super dope.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MethodManFTW

@mdk12345: Thanks for your concern but saving money when it comes to video games is not an issue for me. Not like i'm rich, but I have a decent full time job so the amount of money I spend on video games doesn't really matter to me. PS3 is a great console, but I was done with it over a year ago. OBVIOUSLY there is nothing wrong with still playing a PS3, it has a huge library full of great games, but I have already played all the PS3 games I want to play. Also, stop saying I need to be more open minded, you don't know me like that..

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MethodManFTW

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@mdk12345: Thanks for your concern but saving money when it comes to video games is not an issue for me. Not like i'm rich, but I have a decent full time job so the amount of money I spend on video games doesn't really matter to me. PS3 is a great console, but I was done with it over a year ago. OBVIOUSLY there is nothing wrong with still playing a PS3, it has a huge library full of great games, but I have already played all the PS3 games I want to play. Also, stop saying I need to be more open minded, you don't know me like that..

Well you have completely ruled out every playing a PS3 game again and I think that's closed minded. You're not even willing to consider the alternative. I'm flexible and have many systems old and new. If you will, name me all the PS3 games you have finished. What would you say if I could find you one that you haven't played that you would enjoy?

I will play TONS of games from the PS3 generation still, just not a PS3, but on PC... Or PS4 via PSNow or remasters. And no, I'm not going to name all the games from last generation I have completed as that would take an incredibly long time. I would say... Good for you? I have Advanced Warfare, Destiny, Far Cry 4, Bayonetta 2, ZombieU, and a handful of other games I actually want to play for now, and the spring of 2015 looks packed too, so it's not like I'm short on games to play. As you get older you have plenty of money, but no time to play all the games.. I know when I was young like you I had a ton of time on my hand but not a ton of money to spend on games..

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Where did he say old tech wasn't worth it? He says he's all about new tech, so am I. PC, X1 and PS4 I play on them all. What the hell is it to you if Mathova bought a PS4 for just two games? Is it hurting you in some way? He also has a Wii U so there is no shortage of games for him to play.

There are a LOT of games out for PS4 now. It doesn't matter that you don't like any of them and spend your whole life hating on every current gen console on these forums the world doesn't revolve around you. If you want to live in the past and play on your PS3 go right ahead nobody's stopping you but coming on here just to say things hoping to make the guy feel bad about his purchase is really bad form and pretty much sums you up IMO.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#23 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@mdk12345 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Well you have completely ruled out every playing a PS3 game again and I think that's closed minded. You're not even willing to consider the alternative. I'm flexible and have many systems old and new. If you will, name me all the PS3 games you have finished. What would you say if I could find you one that you haven't played that you would enjoy?

@mdk12345 We all love gaming just as much as you do, but we also have responsibilities and other activities that we like to engage in. It's ok to have gaming as a hobby, but it shouldn't be the center of your life.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I purchased a PS4 for two games already out: TLoUR ( I could have purchased TLoU for PS3 ) and Killzone Shadow Fall, and for two games to be: AC Unity and The Order. I added Destiny ( which I could have purchased for PS3 and Xbox360 ) because well, I already have the console, then added COD AW ( which I also could have purchased for PS3 ) for the same reason.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@matthova: so how much did you get for trading all your games and old system for?

Welcome to current gen!!! I complain about lack of demos, psn network seems to go down too often for paying for service but ps4 is still the best system now. You came at the right time to get AC UNITY, LBP3, Far Cry 4, The Crew and get back a massively improved GTA 5 then all the great games beginning next yr. You will like playroom( hopefully more ninja bot games), share play and just now more improved ecosystem with update 2.1. Beware of sharing games with people you don't know well cause I read gamers can steal your save files.

If you like posting things you do on social media, ps4 is the system to have also.

I will admit I am mad yo hear The Division will get a beta for Xbox one before us. That is one of my most anticipated games besides MGS phantom pain, maybe The Order, Uncharted 4, Batman Arkham Knight, Star Wars Battlefield, Tomb Raider and No Man Sky.

Aspmyra90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aspmyra90
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The first question I had was how to backup your saves from your PS4. This was not particularly difficult. The problem occurs when I have just played a game on a playstation in a few months, and now have bought my own. I have tried to google for what it's worth, but find no way to get it to work . After transferring the save onto a memory stick it appears on the old playstation, but the new does not seem to find it. Does anyone know how I can get a saving from another account onto my new one?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

In my opinion, you did the right thing. PS4 is all you need really. It already has more games than I have time to play them. I haven't touched my PS3 since picking up my PS4. Really, the only thing my PS3 has been good for is bringing over to friend's houses and stuff. First thing you need to pick up is Binding of Isaac Rebirth. It's one of the best games on the PS4 and it's free with this month's PS+.