The De-volution of Deep Down?

#1 Posted by _Judas_ (748 posts) -

When Deep Down first appeared on E3 2013 (?), I at first thought it was a trailer for Dragon's Dogma 2. The trailer intrigued me greatly. It had truly great graphics -- graphics worthy of the next gen. stamp of approval. The trailer showed a group of adventurers deep within a cave of some sort, gathering their supplies and continuing onward. Next a scene of a fire-breating dragon was seen.

The trailers that have followed since show nothing of these ideas. They show one armor-clad person viewed in a third-person perspective (original trailer seemed to be first-person) and most of the time he/she wears the same armor and wields a spear (the original trailer showed a band of allies, all of different classes).

I know by now that every trailer shown at E3 is different from actual gameplay further down the road. New information regarding this game is hard to find as the official webpage is in Japanese.I wonder if the original trailer, from E3 2013, still holds vital information about the game, or if it has been totally abandoned. What say you, community? Are you still psyched about this game? What say you!?

#2 Edited by ewalthour (762 posts) -

I am not psyched anymore since it is free to play and also keep being evasive if its ever coming to US.

#3 Posted by _Judas_ (748 posts) -

YES! Free-to-play is another thing; it makes the game lose it's credibility! I feel like this game is tumbling down and disappearing into oblivion... I still keep an eye on the gaming news just in case there will be some beta news or launch dates.

#4 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -

@_Judas_ said:

YES! Free-to-play is another thing; it makes the game lose it's credibility! I feel like this game is tumbling down and disappearing into oblivion... I still keep an eye on the gaming news just in case there will be some beta news or launch dates.

I wouldn't say that. Free to play can be done extremely well.. Dota 2 and Marvel Heroes being two huge examples. Tons of exploitative f2p games out there, but some are done extraordinarily well.. With the new laws put in place by the EU about "free-to-play games" I suspect change will be coming worldwide.

#5 Posted by catasaurus (220 posts) -

Free-to-play makes it's money on micro transactions so i'm sure the game will polished enough to entice gamer's in. Capcom isn't crazy enough to blow a hole in their wallet for nothing.

#6 Posted by _Judas_ (748 posts) -

The laws concerning free-to-play games will have little impact on the quality of the game... the way I see it it's just how advertisement and rules regarding what makes a free game a "free" game.

However, as @catasaurus says: this is Capcom, and I do believe, and hope, that Capcom wouldn't do something so stupid.

This is their first game on a next generation console (am I right?), and hopefully, plenty more to come.

#7 Posted by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

I hate first person anyway so glad it's third person, but yea i'm not really interested, I mean seriously what are they trying to big up, a Free2Play game honestly, it ain't going to be any good, it's free2play nothing ever comes out of that genre to be fair, i have my pc for them sorts of games not consoles.

#8 Edited by _Judas_ (748 posts) -

This game is kept under wraps...or something. HArdly any news about the game -- hopefully there will be more info after TGS. I remain hopeful! Give us a good free-to-play game :)