The Crew PC requirements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Minimum:

• Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)
  • Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.5 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz (or better)
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 or AMD Radeon HD4870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 4.0 or higher)

Recommended:

• Supported OS: Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0 GHz (or better)
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 or AMD Radeon 6870 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or higher)

Optimal:

• Supported OS: Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8150 @ 3.6 GHz (or better)
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX670 or AMD Radeon 7870 (2048MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or higher

So Ubisoft is telling all the W7 users to upgrade now?

A good thing I suppose is the requirements, they aren't very steep *cough* AC:U

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Most likely optimal just means that to use all the settings you need 8.1. Directx 11.1 is windows 8 exclusive.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

The beta ran silky smooth maxed out on my laptop with 780m 4GB SLI. I can't wait for this game, the beta was such a huge surprise.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I just hope they'll fix the sucky control at launch

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@saintsatan said:

The beta ran silky smooth maxed out on my laptop with 780m 4GB SLI. I can't wait for this game, the beta was such a huge surprise.

I second that the beta ran flawlessly on my rig. I really wish they put in 60fps for the final version though.

@PredatorRules said:

I just hope they'll fix the sucky control at launch

I didn't see any issues with the controls???

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

They seem reasonable to me... How great is the difference between W7 and W8? Can it really make that much of a difference? I really like W7... :(

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Apart from the OS requirement, those are some user-friendly specs.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Hmm these are nice speccs, but something is wrong here....

The CPU and GPU requirements are from different tiers.The Intel/Nvidia requirements are far faster (especially in the 6870 vs 580 recommendation which GTX580 is like 6870 crossfired...).

Is this an AMD gaming evolved title?

ps: I remember there are other games that recommend win8, there is nothing new here...

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Catalli  Moderator

@Coseniath said:

The CPU and GPU requirements are from different tiers.The Intel/Nvidia requirements are far faster (especially in the 6870 vs 580 recommendation which GTX580 is like 6870 crossfired...).

ps: I remember there are other games that recommend win8, there is nothing new here...

Out of curiosity, does it matter much if a game was made with AMD or Nvidia in mind? I mean shortly after launch the other company releases drivers that help the game performance right?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Once I seen this... I knew I was game!

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Coseniath
@ianhh6 said:

@Coseniath said:

Out of curiosity, does it matter much if a game was made with AMD or Nvidia in mind? I mean shortly after launch the other company releases drivers that help the game performance right?

Actually I don't care if a company helped in a creation of a game. On the contrary, I want companies to work with devs so they can deliver a better optimised game in day1.

But unless you don't know about CPUs/GPUs, you can see something is terribly wrong here.

And I guess you are suggesting that drivers will close the gap? And what about CPU differences? In all suggested CPUs, Intel's options are clearly superior. And we have no drivers for this.

So it comes to the game itself to release a patch to fix CPU differences, right?

And when a game needs $200 GPU from a company and $500 GPU from an other, does this seems fair to you?

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Catalli  Moderator

@Coseniath: I never said it seemed fair, I was wondering if in the long run (or a few weeks after release) it matters which company the devs had in mind, if it it really only affect launch and shortly after. It's true what you say about the CPUs though :S

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Coseniath

@ianhh6: Well, as I said before I love to see devs working with companies. And I personally don't have problem with this.

But I read 17 hardware sites daily, like most people read the newspaper. I can see if there will be any change. And I know what my PC is capable of and what the game I want to play asks.

The problem comes to majority of people that don't have time to search (or they don't want) and they are just looking at the minimum/recommended speccs.

In the end that's the reasonable way to know if your PC can run a game. This is how PC industry works for decades now.

I really don't know why you are trying to defend a million/billion dollar company that treats their customers like this...

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Catalli  Moderator

@Coseniath: Seriously I'm not defending anyone XD I just want to know if Project Cars will run fine on an AMD card after a few weeks and new drivers, or if it'll always run better on Nvidia hahaha

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Coseniath
@ianhh6 said:

@Coseniath: Seriously I'm not defending anyone XD I just want to know if Project Cars will run fine on an AMD card after a few weeks and new drivers, or if it'll always run better on Nvidia hahaha

Well, we need to wait and see some benchmarks.

Whenever I spot gaming benchmarks for a new game on a hardware site, I am posting the entire article :)