Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 rafc84
Member since 2014 • 61 Posts

Hi there

yesterday i tried the demo of The Crew, i was kind of looking fowards to it, because i own driveclub and if the Crew was better i will change to the crew... but since the beginning of the demo, i felt that the gameplay/controls were not for me.

the game has a good idea, seems interesting, you can customize your car, etc... but i think the gamplay will keep me away from this game for a while

you start with a pick up truck, which its so hard to control and it seems that slides more than anything else, then you get another car...the same... seems to slide instead of been able to drive...and so on... you cannot feel the weight of the car or much difference between cars (at least what i experienced)

i played all the prologue (i think there is where the demo ends) and everything seems quite cool... but the gameplay its just not for me (i like the gameplay of driveclub waaaaaaaaaaay better, and im sticking to driveclub for now)

just want to say this is my personal opinion...

what do you think about the game?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@rafc84: i felt the same way when i played the closed beta. The gameplay or better yet the controls for the car feel slippery. I played the closed beta for days and continue to customize my car and the car felt the same. I downloaded the open beta and still feel the same. The story seems cool but the most important part, car control still feels funky. I will stick to drive club as well. Drive club feels good to control cars although very challenging to win races as you progress.

The beta for the crew was a detriment to deter me from buying the game. I only played the open beta to confirm what i felt in the closed beta. I thought maybe the closed beta was a old build and the cars would feel a whole lot better.

rafc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 rafc84
Member since 2014 • 61 Posts

@ewalthour: Yeah, same to me, actually, the demo kept me away from buiyng the game so far... is to arcade-ish in the driving, and i dont feel a difference between cars... they all slide and you dont get the feeling of actually driving, more like hovering....

so yeah, i will keep away until i can pick it up for free in my library :D

do you have a club in driveclub? maybe you can add me if you want, maybe we can race every now and then

my PSN is Rafcph

(i have my own club so far, but only 2 persons)