The Best PSOne Games You Will Ever Play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by o0_superman_0o (35 posts) -

Yah so i seen some old posts here i found through google on whats the best PSX games to get...people suggested pretty much all the mainstream big name games....but left out the small guys....the rare gems. So, instead of replying to a 5 year old post i figured i would make a new topic.

Not in any order. Games you MUST try. Im gonna skip RPGs because there is just too many good ones.

1. Courier Crisis - What! A paperboy copy cat where you get to free roam the city in pure 2d/3d! saweeeet!

2. Critical Depth - Twisted Metal, under water. Nuff said.

3. Felony 11-79 - Just youtube it. you wont be disappointed

4. Rogue Trip - Best car combat period.

5. Tunnel B1 - One of the first PSX games i ever played. Unique.

6. Auto Destruct - If you cant tell by now, i love vehicular combat. This game brings back great memories.

7. Burning Road - This was Playstations answer to Daytona USA. If you lived daytona, you will love this racer.

8. Dead In The Water - Boat Combat....Awesome!

9. Motor Toon Grand Prix - Cartoon world.....racing.

Dont Worry, ill eventually get away from vehicle games. read on grasshopper, read on.

10. Nascar Rumble - Holy hell! nascar mixed with combat mixed with tornados. sign me up!

11. Team Buddies - Awesome WORMISH combat game. try it.

12. Jade Cocoon - Better than Pokemon.

13. Road Rash Jailbreak - Free roam miles and miles of open country.....and bash a few heads while at it.

14. Runabout 2 - Fun! Fun! Fun!

15. Rush Hour - Good god i didnt realize how much i love vehicle games on PSX.....this one is awesome.

16. Disruptor - OMG the best FPS on psone hands down. YOUR MOMMA!

17. Nightmare Creatures 1 - Scary....Action....bleflupoblufifin?

18. MTV Music Generator - If i created more music with this back then i would probably be....still nobody.

19. Aquanauts Holiday - An under sea adventure....one of a kind.

20. Crash Bash - I hate Crash games but this was fun. mini games.

21. Danger Girl - I was a huge Image Comics fan and loved Danger Girl series. This is kinda Tomb Raider ish....

22. Duke Nuke Em - Time To Kill - Best duke ever. answer the payphone....dare you.

23. Gekido Urban Fighters - Man, sweet memories of punching faces.

24. Independence Day - Fool! Im flying jets taking on alien scum! What more could i ask for!?

25. MDK [Murder Death kill] - Nuclear bombs the size of puppies.....im sold.

26. Ninja Shadow of Darkness - ninjas.....shadows....darkness....

27. Omega Boost - Space...mechs.....blasting the hell outa everything.

28. Shipwreckers! - Pirates........need i say more?

29. Powerslave - OMG! This and Disruptor is what made me a geek.

30. Rampage Series - You a friggin giant monster smashing buildings! This should be remade again.

31. Small Soldiers - Based off the hit movie....the multiplayer was super fun! Who remembers!?

32. Grind Session - Tony who?

33. Urban Chaos - Probably the most memorable game for me. Go wherever you want and stomp baddies as a cop.

34. Rhapsody A Musical Adventure - Fun for a girly lookin game.

35. Intelligent Qube - Fun puzzler. unique style.

36. Blast Chamber - A sport in which you battle others in a rotating room.

37. Dave Mirras Freestyle BMX - Best BMXer in existence.

Ok well, thats all i can think of for now. if you plan to be fetching some PSOne games anytime soon, get some from this list. You wont regret it.

#2 Posted by jasean79 (2362 posts) -

Agree with you on 37. I played the heck out of that game! It was basically THPS for BMX.

I haven't played a lot of those on your list but the following would make up mine:

1. Syphon Filter: greatest 3rd person shooter on the PS1

2. Silent Hill

3. Pro Pinball Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey

4. THPS 1 & 2

5. Resident Evil 2

6. Tomb Raider 1 & 2

7. Dave Mirra BMX

8. Need for Speed 3

9. Destruction Derby 2

10. Crash Bandicoot

I'm sure there's a ton more that I have...but these are the few I can think of off the top of my head.

#3 Edited by marcheegsr (2528 posts) -

Man I missed a lot good titles. I never played or heard of any of the games on the first list. But the 2nd list I agree with Syphon filter, silent hill and Crash bandicoot.

I will also add the Twisted metal games to that list.

#4 Posted by locus-solus (500 posts) -
  • Spyro The Dragon
  • Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage/Spyro 2 Gateway to Glimmer
  • Spyro Year of The Dragon
#5 Posted by o0_superman_0o (35 posts) -

Just youtube some of the games on my list....trust me....

#6 Posted by psx2514 (212 posts) -

In my opinion, the best PS1 game ever is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night not only because it was such an awesome game back in 1997, but it also still holds up very well today unlike most other PS1 games.