text is too small... cant read anything!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Echo_742 (103 posts) -

the text for any diologue or instructionin any game I playis so small i cant read a word of it, its not just my eyes, all my friends tell me that my Ps3 is weird too, anyone know what setting i have to change so that text is more visible on my screen?

#2 Posted by LightThief (367 posts) -

Hello sir, I also have the same problem... I Actually find that the text is unreadable if using the RCAs and only readable with an HDMI cable (I'm not sure if that's only because of my tv) But yes my only suggestion is get HDMI cables if you can/don't have them. Sometimes I still like to sit a little closer...

#3 Posted by mariokart64fan (19360 posts) -

componants are your best friend on ps3 360 , ,

or hdmi , ,

composites wont do hd systems need hd tvs that simple

#4 Posted by halokila (317 posts) -

ya, you need a little thing called hd

#5 Posted by wax_bottle (28 posts) -

mgs4 was a beautiful game, but this was my only complaint...

#6 Posted by wwefanforlife (3247 posts) -

The only game I had a problem with small text was Tekken 6 and it was annoying as most of the characters were speaking in Japanese.

#7 Posted by HeroKen-ii (458 posts) -

I also have the same problem. But i'm hoping to get an HD tv soon.

#8 Posted by M0wen10 (7555 posts) -

Yeah, HD is the answer

#9 Posted by Dahaka-UK (6915 posts) -

Yep a HDTV with a HDMI cable is your answer.

#10 Posted by jetslalom (574 posts) -

either get an hdtv, or component cables for your dinosaur tv, i mean seriously, every1 should have an hdtv by now, you can find really good ones for very cheap and they dont even have to be brand named, my friend got a 32 inch hd tv for like 150 bucks, its a no name brand but most panels come from the same factory in china

#11 Posted by Hamitay (733 posts) -

either get an hdtv, or component cables for your dinosaur tv, i mean seriously, every1 should have an hdtv by now, you can find really good ones for very cheap and they dont even have to be brand named, my friend got a 32 inch hd tv for like 150 bucks, its a no name brand but most panels come from the same factory in china

jetslalom

A HDTV here is around 1000-2500 bucks, its not because its cheap on Europe or North Americas it would be cheap on another countries

#12 Posted by Tropictrain (4863 posts) -

I got the same issue, although my tv is pretty small as well, but I only have the issue when using ps3, no other console does the text seem quite as small. I recently got an hdmi cable for it, and I find the text clearer and easier to read, but still pretty small.