This topic is locked from further discussion.

smash22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 smash22
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

There's a new Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection preview on gamepro.com,  http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=98648

There's going to be 35 characters, 19 arenas, and a lot of unlockable costumes.  Still no exact official release date besides late February though.

PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
the game will be released on 02/25/07
Teeth_Mummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Teeth_Mummy
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.
l-town4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 l-town4l
Member since 2004 • 894 Posts
I read that there are no ending movies and content like that in this version of resurrection. That's another annoying reason not to get it
rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rockstar183
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"]No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.

i heard later on they will put out a patch that will cost about 3 bucks that will let u play online
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
[QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"]No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.

Because MK2's a piece of crap that doesn't rely on having amazing connections? [QUOTE="rockstar183"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"]No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.

i heard later on they will put out a patch that will cost about 3 bucks that will let u play online

Keep dreaming.
rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rockstar183
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"]No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.

Because MK2's a piece of crap that doesn't rely on having amazing connections? [QUOTE="rockstar183"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"]No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.

Keep dreaming.

how am i dreaming u so what they did with blast factor they are going to do the same thing i bet money on that
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
[QUOTE="rockstar183"][QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"]No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.

Keep dreaming.

how am i dreaming u so what they did with blast factor they are going to do the same thing i bet money on that

Tekken can't be played online. It's not a question of next-gen systems, it's a question of next-gen Internet. These developers (AM2 and Namco) are perfectionists who will not put their fighting games online until every match can be played at a quality in which they matter.
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"]No online play = no need to buy. My old copy of Tekken 5 works fine. If they can add onlin play to Mortal Kombat II, why not Tekken 5? There's no excuse for that.

Keep dreaming.

Though I'm not sure of the price, I've heard the exact same thing.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
Heard from where? it's one ting to repeat valid information but another to repeat a rumor started by someone who conceivably knows less than even you do about it. All I've ever heard about online fighting games is how pissed off people get about loosing due to lag, 
Truth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Truth01
Member since 2005 • 2732 Posts
Heard from where? it's one ting to repeat valid information but another to repeat a rumor started by someone who conceivably knows less than even you do about it. All I've ever heard about online fighting games is how pissed off people get about loosing due to lag, Alpha2
We'll I'm not sourcing a random guy in some random thread, I've been around long enough to know better and I completely understand the skepticism. The hint of online comes from when the Tekken guys where asked if there would online in the NA version, their response was "not in this download". I'm not saying that this is 100% going to happen, but there is some merit to the rumour. Also I'm totally aware of the argument that Tekken will never be online because of lag, but with VF5 coming out ( and Tekken 5 being just download (your expectations in terms of lag are greatly smaller) I could see it happening.