System Configuration on PS2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ramonmuerte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ramonmuerte
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
First of all let me appologyze since I'm posting on a PS3 forum, but I didn't find the PS2 forum. I can't access the System Configuration menu on PS2 console. All games play very well and i can access the browser menu, although the System Configuration Menu is disable.\r\nI want to change the TV signal to component instead of composite but without this option it's impossible. Anyone knows why?
clance1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clance1
Member since 2009 • 292 Posts

I think the right forum is legacy systems. Not completely sure.

jkocher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jkocher
Member since 2002 • 203 Posts

When you turn on the PS2, make sure that there is no game or DVD disc in the drive. Do you see the configuration menu then?

Also, the manual is available online, maybe you can figure out what the issue is: http://www.playstation.com/manual/pdf/SCPH-70011CB_70012CB.pdf .

ramonmuerte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ramonmuerte
Thanks for the reply. I don't have any disc inside... when I turn on the console it goes to "Browser" and "System Configuration" menu. The Browser menu is enable and I can access, but the "System Configuration" option is grey just like it is disable and I cannot select it. If I press triangle to see the version options the only one I can select is the PS2 driver... I don't think this is normal.Is there a way to fix this... ? Thanks I did see the manual but didn't found any help
ramonmuerte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ramonmuerte

No ideas?

Please help me... this is so frustating.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
It's been so long since I had a PS2 connected to my HDTV via a component cable but I think it selected the correct connection on it's own (could be wrong though)
jkocher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jkocher
Member since 2002 • 203 Posts

That's strange that the config menu would be grayed out. I searched the web for information on how to reset the console, but found nothing.

I did find a post where someone mentioned that the PS2 auto detects the cable in use, so that it will output in component mode whenever that type of cable is connected: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psx2&thread.id=1383570 .

I also remember that if you want to use progressive scan output (480p), you have to choose that option within each game's menu (for games that support it), it's not a PS2 setting.