suspend and resume

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Will the ps4 be able to suspend and resume games in the future through an update? Are there any hints, news, or rumors about this feature being implemented? I think it's great on the xone, would love to have it on my ps4 as well.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

have heard any updates of it since october.. still in development so who knows when we will get it.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Well you can always hope because greatness awaits ya know.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Heh, eventually, probably right..?

Smh that features that were announced for launch are still not live..

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@polishkid99: Unfortunately, I've had a few bad experiences on Xbone's Suspend and Resume. It only takes one time of not working (and losing progress) to put you off from suspending and resuming. It works but it's inconsistent. Of course, I've had my Xbone since launch 2013 so I understand if you have a new Xbone it may take awhile for you to run into the problems of suspend/resume compared to someone who's had the machine for over a year. The more games you have, the more chances you are taking that suspend/resume won't work. It's a game by game thing. I can tell you it seems to work great with some games and poorly with other games. It depends on the developer, the latest update, etc.

A feature like this though is very aggravating if it doesn't work right. It's one of those it has to work 100% of the time or not at all because losing game progress is a terrible feeling.

If Sony does do suspend/resume like they do on Vita, I hope it works well.

Although there are many threads, here's just three of many threads on Xbox.com talking about the saves and progress users lost on the Suspend and Resume feature being unreliable:

Suspend and resume does not work (thread title).

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1714609.aspx

---

Suspend and resume is broken and unreliable (Thread title ).

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1780551/4819471.aspx

---

Quick game resume not working after last update (Jan 2015 thread title)

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1908634/5158451.aspx

The suspend and resume feature is handled differently by different games (probably due to their resource requirements). Games like Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 seem to struggle with the suspend and resume feature but other games I have had resume the next day after using multiple other apps.

-

However it seems that games will close when loading apps.

Its very frustrating to lose hours of progress in DR3.

-

The feature does work inconsistently, so you should really be saving your progress when you exit the game.

I'm so cautious though, especially after all these headaches for what was supposed to be convenient.

I probably won't use the feature when they roll it out on PS4 either. I don't have a lot of time to game so when I do, I want to make sure all my save is intact. In a perfect world though, yeah, I'm all for the feature.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@polishkid99: i am sure it's going to be there in a new update soon

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@SolidTy:

Ive been having problems with it already, but the concept is so appealing, i want to see it implemented better and accross the board

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@polishkid99 said:

@SolidTy:

Ive been having problems with it already, but the concept is so appealing, i want to see it implemented better and accross the board

Definitely agree! :P

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i am old, and just getting used to save and autosave feature... :P