Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Spawnofwar1600
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi folks

I recently bought a new super slim after my 40gb fat gave up on me after 9 years, yes thats almost a decade!

I have noticed that the game graphics are way poor than my orignal ps3,objects in background and textures are way more blurry and rough,colors are over saturated.

This problem is the most obvious with castlevania lord of shadows 2, during gameplay looks like im playing a ps2 game,objects such as doors and walls dont have any detail like an old first person shooter nuke dukem.

Its really pissing me off cos i bought los 2 for mainly the cinematic experience, castlevania games have a sentimental value for me.

My tv is a sharp aquos led with the same setting that i used with the fat so i doubt its the tv.

I use the game mode on my tv as it has the least processing.

Have tweaked contrast,brightness and color to no avail.

And yes of course im using hdmi.

Have rgb at limited,super white and cross color off, aswell as deep color.

I also tried my dark souls on it, background was blurry with very little detail.

Tried different hdmi ports on the tv, with and without my denon receiver,nothing seems to make a difference.

Sharpness on tv has a scale -10 to 10, tried zero didnt make any major improvement, usually have it on +2.

Really cant think of anything else.

Could it be a faulty ps3?

Would appreciate any tips and suggestions

Thanks!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It might be a GPU issue with the PlayStation 3, is there any possible chance you could post some pictures of even better a gameplay video of the problem? There shouldn't be a difference in graphics when it comes to different models of the PS3. If your TV was displaying fine with the 40 GB, it's most likely this PS3.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I doubt your having issues, you cant even count properly...

The PS3 released in 2006, and it was late 2006 anyway, 8yrs at most, more like 7 *cough cough*

Spawnofwar1600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spawnofwar1600

@GTR12:

Lol! My bad ,yea it was late 2006, dont know why i was counting from 2004.

Anyways i tried it on my samsung plasma too, textures are a bit smoother but still looks worse than lord of shadows 1 on the fat.

The issue is really with the stuff in the background, buildings, walls , doors look like from an undeveloped game.

Characters look ok, no jaggies there.

I will try to post pictures soon.

Spawnofwar1600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spawnofwar1600

@BattleSpectre:

Yes thats what i thought, should be no difference between ps3 models.

I think i need to test more games on it, but come on los 2 cant be worse than los1 ?

Not even close to the ps3 gameplay videos i have seen on line

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

There isnt any difference with the slim ps3 and super slim. I have 122 games and never noticed any difference.

Spawnofwar1600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spawnofwar1600

Has anybody else experienced poor graphics with castlevania los 2?

I'm thinking it might just be the game.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

Only game I've experienced really poor graphics in is RE:ORC. I mean they are on the ps2 level graphics imo when I play it in 1080p

Spawnofwar1600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spawnofwar1600

This is a quote from recent los 2 review, graphics wise i agree with it

"Even more shocking than the unimaginative visual design is how rough it all looks. Running at 720p, but seemingly rendered some way south of that, this is a jagged mess, with texture work that at times wouldn’t look out of place in a PS2 game"

The link for the review:

http://m.edge-online.com/review/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review/

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@spawnofwar1600: Yup, probably nothing wrong with your system, just a crappy looking game.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BattleSpectre

Oh, did you have Castlevania lord of shadows 2 on the Phat PS3? If not than yeah like everyone else says it's just the game. I thought maybe that particular game looked better on the Phat PS3 compared to the slim.

Also don't forget never judge graphics by Youtube videos, they're all compressed and they hide all the imperfections like jaggies etc. You can't expect every game to look good on the PS3, hell I'm sure even the PS4 will have some crappy looking games.

Spawnofwar1600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spawnofwar1600

@BattleSpectre:

Yes i was comparing with youtube videos,they were in hd though but the source must in compressed to begin with.

Its just odd that main stream reviews like gamespot and ign fail to mention these issues that the game has.

Could it be that ive got a bad copy of los 2?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BattleSpectre

@spawnofwar1600 said:

@BattleSpectre:

Yes i was comparing with youtube videos,they were in hd though but the source must in compressed to begin with.

Its just odd that main stream reviews like gamespot and ign fail to mention these issues that the game has.

Could it be that ive got a bad copy of los 2?

No, definitely not a bad copy of the game, like someone else mentioned above even a review site said the game looked bad and texture quality was terrible. What you can do is try playing around with your TV settings and see if you could improve the picture quality.

I recommend turning off all that motionflow crap because it's not good for gaming, and turn the sharpness down on the TV. That alone should help with the picture if you haven't already done that, also some TV's have a game mode try and see if you like that setting.

At the end of the day don't worry about it, your PS3 and copy of the game is fine.