Suikoden II questions (no spoilers please)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

Has anybody played Suikoden II. During the days of the PSX I missed all the games in this franchise, but with the newly released version out now for Vita I am thinking of picking up Suikoden II on the Vita. My question is, for those that have played it, is it worth the $10 asking price (aka is the story/gameplay good enough to over look it's age)? Or would my money be best spend on a newer game on the "Holiday Sale" list right now (really considering Valiant hearts).

RPG_Winter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 RPG_Winter
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

@topher78714 said:

Has anybody played Suikoden II. During the days of the PSX I missed all the games in this franchise, but with the newly released version out now for Vita I am thinking of picking up Suikoden II on the Vita. My question is, for those that have played it, is it worth the $10 asking price (aka is the story/gameplay good enough to over look it's age)? Or would my money be best spend on a newer game on the "Holiday Sale" list right now (really considering Valiant hearts).

I can't even buy it on the vita store, and I get errors on the playstation site, anybody else having problems?

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

I haven't completed the purchase yet, but as of now I haven't had any problems with that. I've purchased another game with no issues. Where are you running into the problem?

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Suikoden (1, 2, 3, 5) are JRPG that will stay in my memory, extremely well developed story and characters, fun and strategic combat, that even can be different depending on the teammates with you (either some have special attacks because they're friends, or some different magics combine, though in Suikoden 2 it may be limited as it's only the 2nd game in the series) ; the events in each new town are not always linked to the main story, but are developed to make the people you meet alive. It will have PS1 graphics of course, and I don't know how well they appear on PS Vita. I so like these games that I spent time finding the 108 characters (though I needed some FAQs to do so).

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i havent played the 2nd one yet but i am in the middle of playing Suikoden I and can say its very good and enjoyable