This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8833 posts) -

Haven't even had the console for a month and multiple face buttons are sticky along with the R1 button which seems to be REALLY sticky. Anyone else having this issue? I'm not particularly happy about it at all and am starting to regret the purchase over the Xbox One.

#3 Edited by Videodogg (12584 posts) -

Yeah my R1 button constantly hangs up or sticks. It is just a piece of plastic that taps down on a contact underneath. I pulled the R1 button out using a really thin knife for leverage and used a blade to shave the sides, ever so slightly, and reseated the button back into position. Its working for now.

#4 Edited by MaddenBowler10 (8833 posts) -

@Videodogg said:

Yeah my R1 button constantly hangs up or sticks. It is just a piece of plastic that taps down on a contact underneath. I pulled the R1 button out using a really thin knife for leverage and used a blade to shave the sides, ever so slightly, and reseated the button back into position. Its working for now.

That doesn't sound like somethingI want to already do to a controller for a console I just bought. I think I'm going to contact Sony and see what they can do. This is ridiculous I'm already doing this.

#5 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

I haven't had any issues with sticky buttons. The only issue I have with the controller is the poor battery life and annoying blue light.

#6 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8833 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

I haven't had any issues with sticky buttons. The only issue I have with the controller is the poor battery life and annoying blue light.

I don't mind the blue light. I do mind the poor battery life though...which may be a result of the blue light always being on. They should have made a way for you to turn it off if it's not needed.