Sound Shapes - are you sure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Carving_a_GSAU (159 posts) -

Are you sure I should get this game? Like, really sure? Tell me the truth please.

#2 Posted by Videodogg (12551 posts) -

I'm sure

#3 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
It won't keep you busy for too long, but it's one of the best platformers this gen alongside LBP and Rayman Origins.
#4 Posted by The_Golden_Age- (145 posts) -

It won't keep you busy for too long, but it's one of the best platformers this gen alongside LBP and Rayman Origins.Granpire

I disagree with it not lasting long considering there is a never ending amount of content. I also think it's better than those other games you mentioned. Get it, and give it a chance. I wasn't sure about it immediately, but the more I played it the better it got. I still play it of course and it's still awesome. I hear there's new DLC coming soon too.

#5 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

It would be a shame to own a Vita and not have this game in your collection, one of system's best.

#6 Posted by Terrencec06 (3445 posts) -

I've had for a while now. Really gotta start that game.

#7 Posted by Ovirew (6277 posts) -

There is a demo of the game on the PS3, but not the Vita, go figure.  I tried it...  It's...  Okay, but I don't think it's for everyone.

I don't think it's quite as accessible as LBP is for making your own levels and stuff, since there is a lot of music involved in the game as well.

#8 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

I just started playing it today. I like it because it's pretty laid back. The editor seems pretty fun as well. I'd say to go for it for like the $10 or whatever it is.

#9 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -

[QUOTE="Granpire"]It won't keep you busy for too long, but it's one of the best platformers this gen alongside LBP and Rayman Origins.The_Golden_Age-

I disagree with it not lasting long considering there is a never ending amount of content. I also think it's better than those other games you mentioned. Get it, and give it a chance. I wasn't sure about it immediately, but the more I played it the better it got. I still play it of course and it's still awesome. I hear there's new DLC coming soon too.

That's a good point. I should have mentioned it. For myself, I didn't have the time to sift through most of the terrible levels made from well-known melodies. There was so much crap on the community levels. I did play a couple of really genius levels, though. I did find it more immediately enjoyable than LBP(feels better in the hands). I just wish there was more content. I would have gladly payed for another song pack.
#10 Posted by Megavideogamer (5284 posts) -

Platforming puzzle game that does not follow established normal games. So if you want a new experience. Go for it. Try the demo. If you like it buy it.

#11 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58072 posts) -
Personally I think it's boring. The game turns on the soundtrack and the soundtrack is bleh. YOU CALL THAT MUSIC?!
#12 Posted by Carving_a_GSAU (159 posts) -

Wow, some of you guys love this game huh? Ok, i'll buy at about 8 - 8:30pm tonight. Is that cool? Also, what would you do if Sound Shapes was a First Person Shooter? What WOULD you do? Be happy? dance? or be angry and throw your psp and ps1 in the bin, but keep your vita and scratch the screen with a dirty knife. If Sound Shapes was a first person shooter, i'd probably buy 2 ps4 AT LAUNCH!

#13 Posted by Granpire (2749 posts) -
Uhhhh. I don't think would... No. I wouldn't work.