soon-to-be first time ps3 buyer...please help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by raweewat (43 posts) -

Hi, i've never owned a gaming console before although i've rented a ps2 from my friends in the past.:)

i found the ps3 160gb model selling on Amzon UK for 196 quid. Is this a good deal? I mean will the price go down in the near future?

Also, any recommendation on an hd tv would be muchappreciated! I'm looking for a really small tv set so that it'd fit ina tiny room i rented. Small size but good resolution is a combination that's hard to come by i guess?

thanks alot!

#2 Posted by Zanoh (6942 posts) -

Hi, i've never owned a gaming console before although i've rented a ps2 from my friends in the past.:)

i found the ps3 160gb model selling on Amzon UK for 169 quid. Is this a good deal? I mean will the price go down in the near future?

Also, any recommendation on an hd tv would be muchappreciated! I'm looking for a really small tv set so that it'd fit ina tiny room i rented. Small size but good resolution is a combination that's hard to come by i guess?

thanks alot!

raweewat

If it's for 169 quid, that's as good as it will get in terms of low pricing, but make sure the thing runs. As for an HD tele, I would recommend a Bravia V series.

#3 Posted by raweewat (43 posts) -

sorry my bad, i meant to say 196 quid

#4 Posted by Y2KBlastEffect (11 posts) -
Make sure you buy yourself an HDMI cable, to experience PS3's full potential graphic's wise.
#5 Posted by raweewat (43 posts) -

on the topic of HDMI, do i need Sony's one or can I use a cheap no-brand one which sells for like £1?

#6 Posted by Y2KBlastEffect (11 posts) -
You can use any, I bought one at a dollar store (1080pi) for $10 and it plays like a charm. But I would buy one that is durable, but that's just me.
#7 Posted by Sword-Demon (6945 posts) -

on the topic of HDMI, do i need Sony's one or can I use a cheap no-brand one which sells for like £1?

raweewat
any will do. and for the tv, you could use your computer monitor and speakers if you wanted (unless you're using a laptop)
#8 Posted by raweewat (43 posts) -

(unless you're using a laptop)

yeah I'm using a laptop

#9 Posted by LeifLongbottom (2777 posts) -

raweewat

You never owned a console and you're going to start with the ps3?

I would actually suggest getting a ps2 first. Even now, the best titles from the ps2 are still a lot cooler than the best titles on the ps3. You could probably get the console and a dozen games for the price of the ps3.

#10 Posted by JoKeR_421 (8920 posts) -
why dont u get the new 160gb ps3, that comes with killzone 3 for 300 bucks? u basically getting the game for free