Sony Wega 50"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cardiac_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cardiac_cat
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
I am in the market for a new HD rear projection tv. I have a 47" samsung widescreen but it only produces 1080i and no HDMI input. I have been shopping around and am pretty much sold on the Sony Grand Wega HD rear projection 50" i can get for $1,800. The picture is beautiful, and not just on the demo disc set-up they have running on it either. Anyway, just looking for some input from others on how you think this tv will perform. Thanks
cardiac_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cardiac_cat

bump

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
well, sony always makes a good TV, so i see no reason not to get it. but if you wanna save some cash, you can find a cheaper one with no serious problems. guy at work got a 52" panasonic LCD projection for $700 from a great sale at circuit city. 
Caduceus06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Caduceus06
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
No advice as it sounds like you're in love. Wait for a sale day and pick one up.
kidleno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kidleno
Member since 2003 • 132 Posts
i have the 50' sony grand wega and it runs at 1080i and it looks beautiful..everyone says that 1080i is like 1080p but it lags and slows down wen there is fast movement but they are full of ****! there is nothing wrong with it i played it on 1080p and on my 1080i tv and there is no difference at all...all beautifully amazing picture and framerate smoothness, even on online no lag or slowdown at all...
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gzus666
its not everyone saying it lags, it is a fact, half the lines move then the other half move, thats interlaced. you might not see it, you might not be that perceptive, but it is in fact there. interlaced produces a jagged image. need proof? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaced oh mighty wikipedia, work your information spreading magic, and reduce ignorance everywhere
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
I have the 55" model and it's great.  I've had it since mid November and I've had no complaints at all.  HD looks great with my 360 and PS3.  I do wish it had more HDMI and rear component inputs for future systems though.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gzus666
I have the 55" model and it's great. I've had it since mid November and I've had no complaints at all. HD looks great with my 360 and PS3. I do wish it had more HDMI and rear component inputs for future systems though.CJL182
www.monoprice.com sells a 2 way and 4 way HDMI splitter if you find your needing more outputs, well priced too.
babenjorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 babenjorge
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
I have the Samsung 50in 1080p dlp rear projection. Its great, it was on sale for $1699
Molotovrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Molotovrock
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts
i got the 42" sony wega and it's awesome 720p/1080i, also loving the twin view mode. Best feature on any tv.
bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
If you're talking aboot the 50" $ony SXRD then yes, make the purchase. There is actually a decent amount of those that have problems. ( not talking out of my ass, I work at western distribution center for Best Buy Canada which is both BB and Future Shop ) Actually, lots of those sets come back to the service department at my work, however that doesn't really mean anything as we service all Best Buy's and Future Shop's in western Canada so it may seem like lot's but on that large a scale whatever. If you bring it home and there's no problems you'll be fine, just get an extended warranty is my suggestion. Actually a really nice picture and does 1080p so you're set with that and a PS3.
Molotovrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Molotovrock
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts
If you're talking aboot the 50" $ony SXRD then yes, make the purchase. There is actually a decent amount of those that have problems. ( not talking out of my ass, I work at western distribution center for Best Buy Canada which is both BB and Future Shop ) Actually, lots of those sets come back to the service department at my work, however that doesn't really mean anything as we service all Best Buy's and Future Shop's in western Canada so it may seem like lot's but on that large a scale whatever. If you bring it home and there's no problems you'll be fine, just get an extended warranty is my suggestion. Actually a really nice picture and does 1080p so you're set with that and a PS3.bubnux
the topic clearly states Sony Wega
cardiac_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cardiac_cat
thanks, i really appreciate all of the input.
needlesmcgirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 needlesmcgirk
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
I have the Sony A2000 Gran Wega and its freaking awesome and the PS3 looks fantastic on it in 1080p. I would definitely recommend it.