Sony's token gesture, what do people think ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

With Sony giving us 5 extra days on psn and a 10% discount code, are people happy about this and are they going to use the code ?

Me personally think the 5 days is fair ( as it was roughly down for that amount of time ) but the 10% is a bit lame, as that just brings the prices down to how much a hard copy of the game would cost .. I think they should have offered 20 / 25 % as I think that would have tempted people more to purchase a game. .. Just wondered what the general playstation players thought ?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I give a rat´s arse about the discount.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Right now there is a massive PSN FLASH sale. A bunch of great games for $2-$3.

Add in the EXTRA 10% with that purchase for even a batter deal. I spent $20 on a bunch of good scoring titles (OlliOlli, Lumines, Costume Quest 2, etc).

BTW: PSN was only down for me for a day and a half. So, I'm quite happy to get 5 extra days even though that was Lizard Squad that owes gamers, not Sony.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's not a token gesture, Sony is the victim

They didn't need to do anything, the fact they're doing anything is overly generous

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

They didn't need to do anything, the fact they're doing anything is overly generous

Agree with this mostly. The 5 days of PSN is really enough. Gamers keep expecting free stuff when they are inconvenienced a bit. Ask Lizard Squad for compensation. I do agree that PSN does need some work though. XBlive is a much more stable service and always gets back up again quicker.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jaysonguy

@ankor77 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Agree with this mostly. The 5 days of PSN is really enough. Gamers keep expecting free stuff when they are inconvenienced a bit. Ask Lizard Squad for compensation. I do agree that PSN does need some work though. XBlive is a much more stable service and always gets back up again quicker.

Yeah, I don't see the days as really anything though, they gave back the days we lost.

I do agree in part about the PSN service, how they currently have their infrastructure means that it takes them a bit longer to get back in full gear but really both services were fully functioning at the same time, Microsoft was just able to get parts of the service up and running faster while others were dead. I think it could be the way the network is set, Microsoft is able to activate certain portions of it's service while the PSN is either completely off or completely on.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

The 5 days was nice and fair enough as it is. The 10% off is a nice little bonus on top of that, but I'm not going to use mine seeing as there's not a whole lot I'm wanting right now and saving a few dollars off the regular price at most isn't enticing enough for me. But still, a nice gesture nonetheless.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts

I think anyone complaining is incredibly ungrateful. they didn't have to give us anything at all, so it's a nice gesture imo

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

It was very professional and nice of them, they didn't need to give us anything as it wasn't their fault. Having said that the 5 day extension is nice because out of everyone I know my PSN was down the longest, but I am from Australia so we don't really get priority.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crewe8

@Jaysonguy: I have to dis agree with that, as "Sony " is a massive company, they should have top notch security, so things like that don't happen.. And I think it's fair that they reinstate the days we lost a service we pay for !

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy

@crewe8 said:

@Jaysonguy: I have to dis agree with that, as "Sony " is a massive company, they should have top notch security, so things like that don't happen.. And I think it's fair that they reinstate the days we lost a service we pay for !

You don't know what happened so you're unable to have a discussion about it

Stop talking now

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crewe8

@Jaysonguy: sorry sir !

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

The 10% discount is just a ploy by Sony to get users to buy their digital content in a rash manner if you really think about it. Given that you aren't saving much with the small discount anyway and the short time constraint, you are better off with not even using this code unless there is something you really want.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Yep wasn't Sony's fault so them giving us anything is good enough.

I think people forget MS are king of Online because there whole company is basically that, they know how it works, Sony on the other hand are the new boys to all this internet stuff, so of course MS has the more stable online sections, but i don't think it's that bad tho, i play online and have never had anything bad, the updates are annoying and the maintenance but other than that it all works nicely, my only annoyance and i'm not sure if it's just my PC but it seems to happen to a friend of mine which i found out by trying it, is if your on a game for awhile and then come out of the game and try and get onto the psn store, it doesn't seem to load, I'd like to see if anyone else has this problem, just next time your playing, for over an hour, close the game and try and enter the store, and if it works fine but if it doesn't then i wonder why this is, it's like it freezes the store once you've played for awhile