Sony releases PS1 download list for Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 0

#1 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/27/ps-vita-system-software-update-v1-80-take-the-tour-2/ [QUOTE="Sony"]We are working hard to ensure that all of your favorite PS one Classics titles will be available for download directly on your PS Vita via PlayStation Store (PS Store) as soon as possible. Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 8/28: Arc the Lad Cool Boarders 2 FINAL FANTASY VII Hot Shots Golf 2 Jet Moto Syphon Filter Tomb Raider Twisted Metal 2 Wild Arms For those of you who have already purchased these titles, you will be able to re-download those games directly from your PS Store account or transfer them to your PS Vita directly from your PS3 at no extra charge.

Words cannot express.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DJ_Lae
Probably the best news out of update 1.8 is that you can (FINALLY) use the dpad and buttons to navigate their awful UI. And in the roughly ten seconds the video actually devotes to PS1 Classics, he mentions that they will be available for download 'in phased rollouts every week.' Holy christ. The sliver of hope in all of this is that PS1 games can be transferred directly to the Vita, they just can't be downloaded (for whatever idiotic reason) but that might be assuming too much of Sony considering they even decided to use a phrase like 'phased rollout.' My mind is absolutely blown.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

9 games out of what 200 games?

so the complete selection will be available in 2 years?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

wow, I guess I shouldn't have bothered with my post. That's one problem with not having a workingbkeyboard - stuff takes forever to type.

But at least Sony said SOMETHING. Thanks for sending along this news to us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

KBFloYd
go play nintendo wii vc and load up T & C Surf Designs. Oh, what's that? You can't play T & C Surf Designs on Wii Virtual Console? How bout downloading Halo 2 on a 360? ...No dice... Well, I guess Sony is hardly the only console dev guilty of not porting their entire back catalog of games to modern game systems.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/27/ps-vita-system-software-update-v1-80-the-full-psone-classics-line-up/#more-79593

Europe List is way bigger

Has over..60-70 ? Idk didn't count but is is a pretty decent list.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I have a suspicion that there are some unreported games that didn't make it in the store, but can be uploaded via your PS3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

even if it's still those 9 games it's not a bad deal. ff7 is my favorite game anyway, so that satisfies me. of course for taking this long to add vita support 9 games is unacceptable.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

even if it's still those 9 games it's not a bad deal. ff7 is my favorite game anyway, so that satisfies me. of course for taking this long to add vita support 9 games is unacceptable.

Ovirew

That damage control....

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blake135

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]

TwistedShade

That damage control....

How is that damage control:?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DJ_Lae
Neogaf has a better list, as it seems that Sony is once again completely incompetent at marketing anything Vita.

Arc the Lad Arcade Hits: Shienryu Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special Castlevania Chronicles Castlevania: SotN Cho Aniki Cool Boarders 2 Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness Final Fantasy IV Final Fantasy VI Final Fantasy VII Final Fantasy VIII Final Fantasy IX Hot Shots Golf 2 International Track and Field Jet Moto Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Legend of Dragoon Medieval Mega Man Mega Man 2 Mega Man 3 Mega Man 4 Metal Gear Solid Money Idol Exchanger Rally Cross Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Silent Hill Syphon Filter Tomb Raider Twisted Metal 2 Unjammer Lammy Vagrant Story Wild Arms Wild Arms 2 Xenogears

Ones not on Sony's released list can still be played on the Vita (apparently, I haven't tried it myself) but they have to be transferred from a PS3 first. They also have to be in bubble form, not installed.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TwistedShade

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

[QUOTE="Ovirew"]

Blake135

That damage control....

How is that damage control:?

I quoted the wrong post.:P

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#13 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
It's got to be an idiotic attempt to increase hype for each PS1 title. Obviously all it's going to accomplish is to tick off all of the dedicated Playstation fans that purchased PS1 titles.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
but they have to be transferred from a PS3 first. They also have to be in bubble form, not installed.DJ_Lae
What do you mean "not installed"?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#15 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] What do you mean "not installed"?

On the PS3's XMB, when you download a Mini or a PS1 title, they show up under the "Game" section with a clear border around them(hence, "bubble form"). You have to select these bubble icons from the XMB to install them to the PS3, or press triangle to transfer them to a PSP. If you've deleted this "bubble form" of the PS1 title, you'll have to redownload it.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#16 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"] What do you mean "not installed"?

On the PS3's XMB, when you download a Mini or a PS1 title, they show up under the "Game" section with a clear border around them(hence, "bubble form"). You have to select these bubble icons from the XMB to install them to the PS3, or press triangle to transfer them to a PSP. If you've deleted this "bubble form" of the PS1 title, you'll have to redownload it.

Oh that's what he meant; i thought he was talking about the vita it has bubbles too... :P Luckily I have all my Final Fantasies not installed :D
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

Ovirew

go play nintendo wii vc and load up T & C Surf Designs. Oh, what's that? You can't play T & C Surf Designs on Wii Virtual Console? How bout downloading Halo 2 on a 360? ...No dice... Well, I guess Sony is hardly the only console dev guilty of not porting their entire back catalog of games to modern game systems.

uhh those are games already on the ps1 classics that are already on psn so....

the issue is sony not making it a seemless transition from psp to vita for your downloaded games and accessing the psn and the games that you can already play on the psp.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blake135

Can't download PS1 games for the Vita ? wtf is this ****

Shadow-Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shadow-Elite
Member since 2007 • 18289 Posts
Probably the best news out of update 1.8 is that you can (FINALLY) use the dpad and buttons to navigate their awful UI.DJ_Lae
How does that work? Because I downloaded the update and I still have to use the damn touch screen to navigate...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Probably the best news out of update 1.8 is that you can (FINALLY) use the dpad and buttons to navigate their awful UI.Shadow-Elite
How does that work? Because I downloaded the update and I still have to use the damn touch screen to navigate...

you have to enable it from settings. But imo, the touch screen worked better for navigating the home menus.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I'm confused. Best Buy is offering a $50 gift card with the Madden bundle this week, so I'm really considering buying one. My problem is that I don't have Internet anymore, only on the iPad, and I don't see myself rushing out to pay Comcast after having a bad experience with them. So, vita requires Internet, more or less, no? I have quite a few psx games on the ps3, if I update the psv firmware, will I just be able to import them?
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TwistedShade

I'm confused. Best Buy is offering a $50 gift card with the Madden bundle this week, so I'm really considering buying one. My problem is that I don't have Internet anymore, only on the iPad, and I don't see myself rushing out to pay Comcast after having a bad experience with them. So, vita requires Internet, more or less, no? I have quite a few psx games on the ps3, if I update the psv firmware, will I just be able to import them?Heirren
I think you might still need internet for that to work but i'm not so sure. You could always take it to a mall or even Bestbuy, my local store offers Wifi.