Sony lowers price of TLOU, then refuses refunds.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/last-of-us-ps4-price-drop/

While its great that Sony lowered the price of the game its kind of a jerk move to refuse to refund preorders for the game. All this does is tell people to stop it with preorders. What do you guys think?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

well it's in the fine print so, that's how it is, end of the day there are many retailers and places who do this, there is only amazon who do not take your money until dispatch

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

or dont preorder unless its a physical copy of the game. durp

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Yeah, that's nice of them...I'm going to be nice too and not preorder this game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah, I'd be pretty mad if I pre-ordered something and they just decided to lower its price so I'm actually paying more than people pre-ordered later. Yeah, fine print and blah blah blah, but that's still going to piss a lot of people off.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@Flubbbs: exactly. I am not with digital preorders. I can't even understand people preodered uncharted a yr or more before it's release.

Matter of fact I am not with buying digital games anyway since I cant resale if I dont plan to keep a game forever or the game ended up sucking

People need to learn their lesson and stop preordering games when they don't get free stuff like a demo etc. We have still not seen live gameplay just cutscenes of LOU which I already played on ps3. I am sure the game will look great but people love preordering for what??? I don't see the big deal with downloading early either. You stll cant play the damn game until it's release day. You just can't wait to play instantaneously once the minute it's available?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@Flubbbs: exactly. I am not with digital preorders. I can't even understand people preodering uncharted a yr or more before it's release.

Matter of fact I am not with buying digital games anyway since I cant resale if I dont plan to keep a game forever or the game ended up sucking

People to learn the lesson and stop preorder ing games when they don't get free stuff like a demo. We have still not seen live gameplay just cutscenes. I am sure the game will look great but people love preordering for what??? I don't see the big deal with downloafimg eaarly either. You stll cantt play game until release.

Same. I don't care for console digital and I won't ever pre-order without good incentives, and I will never pre order for a console digital.

Can't even sell the game, no point in console DD when the physical is the same price and it's sell-able/trade-able/lend-able, etc.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

WOW didn't know this. Well anyway, I finish paying off my Pre-Order TLOU Remastered 2 weeks ago at Gamestop so ether way, I win because I don't pre-order anything from digital and pre-ordering from retailers will always be the king of kings. That said, Sony is just being ridiculous with this digital pre-ordering just for a game that will come out next year, Hell, if I'm going to pre-order a game like Uncharted 4, I will pre-order at Gamestop and I can always get my Money back anytime. This goes to show you that Digital pre-order will always have it's flaws and Sony should know better then this. Gamers need to do there research before attempting to buy a game on physical or digital but however there's the pre-downloading which I can see benefit from buying digital if you don't want to go to your Market just to pick up the game. All in all, just do your research before buying digital games from hear on out.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I don't do digital pre-orders, but if I did I would have just waited until the day before TLoU's release. then I would have checked to see what the final price would have been. It's not like they are going to sell out of digital versions.

Personally I think it would have been more consumer friendly to allow people to upgrade their PS3 TLoU to the "remastered" version for $10. Similar to how Ass Creed 4 and other games did it. Charging maybe $30 for the actual disc for people who don't own the PS3 version. NO remakes should be priced over $30.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

I don't do digital pre-orders, but if I did I would have just waited until the day before TLoU's release. then I would have checked to see what the final price would have been. It's not like they are going to sell out of digital versions.

Personally I think it would have been more consumer friendly to allow people to upgrade their PS3 TLoU to the "remastered" version for $10. Similar to how Ass Creed 4 and other games did it. Charging maybe $30 for the actual disc for people who don't own the PS3 version. NO remakes should be priced over $30.

Actually, Gamespot posted that news a few months ago that Sony is looking into a discount for those who already own the PS3 version and if they wanted the PS4 version, they will consider a discount, like AC: Black Flag did but unfortunately, we haven't heard Shit from Sony for a while now so it's still up in the air.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

either way it's a rip off

It should have been a $10 upgrade for those who own the ps3 version and $30 new

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

@coasterguy65 said:

Actually, Gamespot posted that news a few months ago that Sony is looking into a discount for those who already own the PS3 version and if they wanted the PS4 version, they will consider a discount, like AC: Black Flag did but unfortunately, we haven't heard Shit from Sony for a while now so it's still up in the air.

Yeah I know, and I'm guessing that it's not going to happen. It should happen.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1070 Posts

It looks like Sony has backtracked on this. http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/last-of-us-remastered-refund/

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ewalthour

Dualshockers state you will receive a refund for $10 if you preodered before the discount. You will get refund within 5-7days. So I guess Sony is paying attention. I agree all remakes should be cheaper than $50 like $30 even of you never played it before on ps3 and $10 for those who already have it from ps3. It only takes maybe 6 months or so to redo a game graphically.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

thats what idiots get for pre-ordering

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

thats what idiots get for pre-ordering

I agree pre-ordering is pretty silly, but I wouldn't call them idiots...

Though this is about as a safe bet as you could possibly make, pretty sure TLOU is going to be good. :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@ewalthour said:

It only takes maybe 6 months or so to redo a game graphically.

Seriously, stop talking

The more you post the more you show you have no *(#@@#(*&# idea what you're talking about

First you say that you haven't seen any footage from the game. WTF? Because this is an unknown?

Then you follow it up with that Mensa level comment I quoted that's not even close to being true.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#18 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@bunchanumbers: what a load of horsecrap, check your news again mate... They're giving refunds...

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

lol at TC

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: I put up the post before Sony did a 180 on this game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#21 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@The_Last_Ride: I put up the post before Sony did a 180 on this game.

They didn't do a 180, sites were writing crap before they even adressed it...

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Meh... I paid for a game that was supposed to be free with PSN+ once. I called them up and they gave me a full refund.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lol pre-orders

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

Meh... I paid for a game that was supposed to be free with PSN+ once. I called them up and they gave me a full refund.

That's completely different than what's being talked about

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ewalthour

@Jaysonguy: what are you talking about Jackass. I am giving people the news. Everyone agree that remakes for graphics sake shouldn't be $50 or $60 dollars. I don't know how exactly Kong it takes to remake a game from ps3 to ps4 but the game is only 1 yr old. Who has seen real gameplay to actually know how good the graphics look. The game only have shown cutscenes. Even game editors stated this fact.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I never buy digital copies for the most part, but that's just bullshit from Sony, they are just asking for a class action lawsuit against them for nothing. They could at least just let the people transfer the preorder to the new price since at this point it's ALL VIRTUAL, it's NOT REAL... give me a break Sony that's a asshole move.