Sony lowers price of TLOU, then refuses refunds.

#1 Posted by bunchanumbers (200 posts) -

http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/last-of-us-ps4-price-drop/

While its great that Sony lowered the price of the game its kind of a jerk move to refuse to refund preorders for the game. All this does is tell people to stop it with preorders. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by bezza2011 (2218 posts) -

well it's in the fine print so, that's how it is, end of the day there are many retailers and places who do this, there is only amazon who do not take your money until dispatch

#3 Posted by Flubbbs (2833 posts) -

or dont preorder unless its a physical copy of the game. durp

#4 Edited by jer_1 (7419 posts) -

Yeah, that's nice of them...I'm going to be nice too and not preorder this game.

#5 Posted by SoNin360 (5213 posts) -

Yeah, I'd be pretty mad if I pre-ordered something and they just decided to lower its price so I'm actually paying more than people pre-ordered later. Yeah, fine print and blah blah blah, but that's still going to piss a lot of people off.

#6 Edited by ewalthour (576 posts) -

@Flubbbs: exactly. I am not with digital preorders. I can't even understand people preodered uncharted a yr or more before it's release.

Matter of fact I am not with buying digital games anyway since I cant resale if I dont plan to keep a game forever or the game ended up sucking

People need to learn their lesson and stop preordering games when they don't get free stuff like a demo etc. We have still not seen live gameplay just cutscenes of LOU which I already played on ps3. I am sure the game will look great but people love preordering for what??? I don't see the big deal with downloading early either. You stll cant play the damn game until it's release day. You just can't wait to play instantaneously once the minute it's available?

#7 Edited by SolidTy (41562 posts) -

@ewalthour said:

@Flubbbs: exactly. I am not with digital preorders. I can't even understand people preodering uncharted a yr or more before it's release.

Matter of fact I am not with buying digital games anyway since I cant resale if I dont plan to keep a game forever or the game ended up sucking

People to learn the lesson and stop preorder ing games when they don't get free stuff like a demo. We have still not seen live gameplay just cutscenes. I am sure the game will look great but people love preordering for what??? I don't see the big deal with downloafimg eaarly either. You stll cantt play game until release.

Same. I don't care for console digital and I won't ever pre-order without good incentives, and I will never pre order for a console digital.

Can't even sell the game, no point in console DD when the physical is the same price and it's sell-able/trade-able/lend-able, etc.

#8 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (335 posts) -

WOW didn't know this. Well anyway, I finish paying off my Pre-Order TLOU Remastered 2 weeks ago at Gamestop so ether way, I win because I don't pre-order anything from digital and pre-ordering from retailers will always be the king of kings. That said, Sony is just being ridiculous with this digital pre-ordering just for a game that will come out next year, Hell, if I'm going to pre-order a game like Uncharted 4, I will pre-order at Gamestop and I can always get my Money back anytime. This goes to show you that Digital pre-order will always have it's flaws and Sony should know better then this. Gamers need to do there research before attempting to buy a game on physical or digital but however there's the pre-downloading which I can see benefit from buying digital if you don't want to go to your Market just to pick up the game. All in all, just do your research before buying digital games from hear on out.

#9 Posted by coasterguy65 (5741 posts) -

I don't do digital pre-orders, but if I did I would have just waited until the day before TLoU's release. then I would have checked to see what the final price would have been. It's not like they are going to sell out of digital versions.

Personally I think it would have been more consumer friendly to allow people to upgrade their PS3 TLoU to the "remastered" version for $10. Similar to how Ass Creed 4 and other games did it. Charging maybe $30 for the actual disc for people who don't own the PS3 version. NO remakes should be priced over $30.

#10 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (335 posts) -

I don't do digital pre-orders, but if I did I would have just waited until the day before TLoU's release. then I would have checked to see what the final price would have been. It's not like they are going to sell out of digital versions.

Personally I think it would have been more consumer friendly to allow people to upgrade their PS3 TLoU to the "remastered" version for $10. Similar to how Ass Creed 4 and other games did it. Charging maybe $30 for the actual disc for people who don't own the PS3 version. NO remakes should be priced over $30.

Actually, Gamespot posted that news a few months ago that Sony is looking into a discount for those who already own the PS3 version and if they wanted the PS4 version, they will consider a discount, like AC: Black Flag did but unfortunately, we haven't heard Shit from Sony for a while now so it's still up in the air.

#11 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2150 posts) -

either way it's a rip off

It should have been a $10 upgrade for those who own the ps3 version and $30 new

#12 Posted by coasterguy65 (5741 posts) -

@coasterguy65 said:

Actually, Gamespot posted that news a few months ago that Sony is looking into a discount for those who already own the PS3 version and if they wanted the PS4 version, they will consider a discount, like AC: Black Flag did but unfortunately, we haven't heard Shit from Sony for a while now so it's still up in the air.

Yeah I know, and I'm guessing that it's not going to happen. It should happen.

#13 Edited by BIOKILLER123 (567 posts) -

It looks like Sony has backtracked on this. http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/last-of-us-remastered-refund/

#14 Posted by ewalthour (576 posts) -

Dualshockers state you will receive a refund for $10 if you preodered before the discount. You will get refund within 5-7days. So I guess Sony is paying attention. I agree all remakes should be cheaper than $50 like $30 even of you never played it before on ps3 and $10 for those who already have it from ps3. It only takes maybe 6 months or so to redo a game graphically.

#15 Edited by FinalFighters (1315 posts) -

thats what idiots get for pre-ordering

#16 Posted by MethodManFTW (25386 posts) -

thats what idiots get for pre-ordering

I agree pre-ordering is pretty silly, but I wouldn't call them idiots...

Though this is about as a safe bet as you could possibly make, pretty sure TLOU is going to be good. :P

#17 Posted by Jaysonguy (37417 posts) -

It only takes maybe 6 months or so to redo a game graphically.

Seriously, stop talking

The more you post the more you show you have no *(#@@#(*&# idea what you're talking about

First you say that you haven't seen any footage from the game. WTF? Because this is an unknown?

Then you follow it up with that Mensa level comment I quoted that's not even close to being true.

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69080 posts) -

@bunchanumbers: what a load of horsecrap, check your news again mate... They're giving refunds...

#19 Edited by Flubbbs (2833 posts) -

lol at TC

#20 Posted by bunchanumbers (200 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I put up the post before Sony did a 180 on this game.

#21 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69080 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I put up the post before Sony did a 180 on this game.

They didn't do a 180, sites were writing crap before they even adressed it...

#22 Posted by The-Apostle (12108 posts) -

Meh... I paid for a game that was supposed to be free with PSN+ once. I called them up and they gave me a full refund.

#23 Posted by Vatusus (4229 posts) -

lol pre-orders

#24 Posted by Jaysonguy (37417 posts) -

Meh... I paid for a game that was supposed to be free with PSN+ once. I called them up and they gave me a full refund.

That's completely different than what's being talked about

#25 Posted by ewalthour (576 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: what are you talking about Jackass. I am giving people the news. Everyone agree that remakes for graphics sake shouldn't be $50 or $60 dollars. I don't know how exactly Kong it takes to remake a game from ps3 to ps4 but the game is only 1 yr old. Who has seen real gameplay to actually know how good the graphics look. The game only have shown cutscenes. Even game editors stated this fact.

#26 Edited by yixingtpot (1317 posts) -

I never buy digital copies for the most part, but that's just bullshit from Sony, they are just asking for a class action lawsuit against them for nothing. They could at least just let the people transfer the preorder to the new price since at this point it's ALL VIRTUAL, it's NOT REAL... give me a break Sony that's a asshole move.