Sony has better exclusives than Microsoft

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (1257 posts) -

Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, and Infamous are all Playstation exclusives! Halo is okay in my opinion, and Gears of War is up there with the greats, but that is about it I think. Sunset OD may turn out to be a good game. But I doubt MS has any exclusives as good or better than Last Of Us or Uncharted. They are top notch.

#2 Edited by marcheegsr (2832 posts) -

ok but this isn't system wars.

#3 Posted by ewalthour (763 posts) -

I agree halo was ok and gears of war played but wasn't blown away besides extreme violence if that's what you like. Maybe I am bias but Sony tend to make games that are more universally accepted than Microsoft games that can be pigeon hold into genres everyone may not like.

#4 Posted by Mindwipe77 (13 posts) -

I agree IMO that sony has better exclusives than MS. I don't think for a second that Gears,Halo or fable are bad games at all, but god of war, uncharted, last of us to name a few..nothing tops em'

#5 Posted by MethodManFTW (25782 posts) -

i like microsofts fries better tho

#8 Posted by mastermetal777 (1684 posts) -

Me personally, I like PS exclusives more than Xbox exclusives. Sure, games like Halo: Combat Evolved, Alan Wake, and even the first Gears of War game are all pretty damn good, I can safely say I enjoyed just about every single Sony exclusive I've gotten my hands on, from Heavy Rain to Killzone to Uncharted to The Last of Us, and many more.

#9 Edited by GTR12 (9654 posts) -

@marcheegsr said:

ok but this isn't system wars.

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72263 posts) -

i think they have better exclusives coming, Driveclub, The Order, Little Big Planet, the new Guerilla game, Sony Bend, Media Molecule, Studio Japan, Last Guardian, etc

#11 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13638 posts) -

And yet the Best games are Multiplatform, with the exclusion of both GoW's ofcourse.

#12 Posted by MondasM (1266 posts) -

imho both platforms have pretty decent exclusives, it's just a matter of preference... :)

#13 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

Take this rant to system wars

#14 Posted by MarcRecon (5838 posts) -

@MondasM said:

imho both platforms have pretty decent exclusives, it's just a matter of preference... :)

Agreed and that's why I own "BOTH" systems

#15 Posted by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

I'll disagree to an extent, Microsoft have great exclusives, but Sony has alot more Variety in their aray of games, it all comes down to what you like, I mean Sony dev's don't rely on the same franchises each time, they vary, but Microsoft is hell bent on just keeping flagship franchises afloat and not allowing teams to create new and exciting things, take black tusk for example they were on to a winner until microsoft pulled them into gears of war, which for me is so over it's time to see a new place, or halo, it's been done, it's time to move on, and lets take Fable one of the only ones you would like to see expand on what they were doing, but without molyneux (sorry if spelled wrong) but they've gone for a strange stratergy game instead of the customisable fable game because for me i don't believe they have anyone with that much of a creative mind. the rest of the exclusives are bought 3rd party games to be fair.

so overall

Xbox have it's flagship games if you like them series.

Sony has a lot more variety for the more curious gamer.

#16 Posted by SoNin360 (5502 posts) -

I guess I can't really have a stance since I haven't actually played any Xbox exclusives. But there aren't many that really interest me, whereas I've played plenty of amazing Playstation exclusives. But then again, a lot of my favorite games are multiplats...

#17 Posted by watchdogsrules (443 posts) -

@mdk12345: even though i'm a PlayStation fan. Microsoft has better exclusives.......for now.

#18 Edited by ewalthour (763 posts) -

@bezza2011: yeah halo is just done to death. I think uncharted 4 should be the last too but you couldn't pass on putting it on ps4 just for the graphics alone.

Sony does encourage variety and creativity more than Microsoft, although I dont want too many indie games. I don't care how much it cost to make a AAA game. I just think developers need to be more budget conscious and not have to spend 100's of millions to produce AAA games.

I know this sounds selfish about AAA games because maybe these games contributed to alot of companies going out of business. I still don't care because they need to manage companies better.I wouldn't want a industry dominated by Indies which wouldn't justify having a ps4. I might as well have a vita. I hope no mans sky will actually be a great expansive type indie game with a very low budget. My beef with indie games are they sometimes are weird games instead just creative which is a big difference.

#19 Edited by Flubbbs (3139 posts) -

it is known.

#20 Edited by Notorious1234NA (855 posts) -

Sony does have better exclusives not even up for debate. Although MS always had better UI and community.

However we'll c if thats changed once I get my PS4.

#21 Posted by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

@ewalthour: I agree when it comes to spending, I mean seriously, just manage your budget better, and games wouldn't cost to much, they just got into the realm of just having far to much money to burn in the first place it's allowed them to slack with the costs.

#22 Edited by FinalFighters (1531 posts) -

yeah i agree. The only thing Microsoft's got going for them that i enjoy is the Halo Franchise/Gears of war franchise.

#23 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9042 posts) -

I have the tendency to agree.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Sony's offerings, they do provide some great experiences every once in a while such as inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, and the Last of Us.

Microsoft has Fable 2 which interests me, but I haven't played it enough to pass judgment.

Multiplats are the true stars of both consoles though. All the best games each have are found on both.

#24 Posted by juboner (462 posts) -

Who knows maybe both sides will give us new IP's. I wouldnt base everything on last gen like Sony pushing harder at the end and Microsoft letting up. I know its the only thing we have to go by but I hope they both do not rely on same tried and true IP's when we are 3 years in. I can understand them doing the usual Halo and Uncharted at the beginning but those games do not appeal to me anymore really at all, I need new and exciting games that come from new tech (relatively new).

#25 Posted by commonfate (12458 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac said:

While I'm not the biggest fan of Sony's offerings, they do provide some great experiences every once in a while such as inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, and the Last of Us.

Microsoft has Fable 2 which interests me, but I haven't played it enough to pass judgment.

Multiplats are the true stars of both consoles though. All the best games each have are found on both.

Oh wow, you actually enjoyed The Last of Us? I was completely ready for plenty of tirades against it just like you and Uncharted 2.

#26 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72263 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

And yet the Best games are Multiplatform, with the exclusion of both GoW's ofcourse.

Last of Us, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, etc

#27 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13638 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride

Cut Uncharted and Killzone and we have an agreement... :)

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72263 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Cut Uncharted and Killzone and we have an agreement... :)

But they are all great games and first party aswell

#29 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13638 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride

Or...... Cut Uncharted and Killzone and we have an agreement... :)

#30 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9042 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

Oh wow, you actually enjoyed The Last of Us? I was completely ready for plenty of tirades against it just like you and Uncharted 2.

Yeah, The Last of Us succeeded in most areas where Uncharted 2 utterly failed IMHO.

#31 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5569 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@The_Last_Ride

Or...... Cut Uncharted and Killzone and we have an agreement... :)

Uncharted is a damn good game. Srsly. Your opinion isn't finite.

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13638 posts) -

@scottpsfan14

Its an okay game.... I wouldn't deny it to anyone.

#33 Posted by pyro1245 (855 posts) -

I'd say so since Sony gets a lot of JRPGs. Everything from Naughty Dog since Jak and Daxter has been pretty sequenced though, still good experiences but I'd rather just watch the movie/mini-series and be done with it.