Sony American President being a moron, as usual.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 d151
Member since 2004 • 91 Posts
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/10

I've got the latest issue of EGM and man, this guy flat out has no idea what hes talking about.

here's the general quote from the mag that penny arcade made fun of:
"EGM: "The PS3 is not hard to find now, in fact half of the stores we contacted had plenty of units sitting on the shelves"
Pres: "You tell me a store that has a PS3 sitting on the shelf longer than 5 mins and I'll give you $1200!""
thestickman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thestickman
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
LOL
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
[QUOTE="d151"]http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/10

I've got the latest issue of EGM and man, this guy flat out has no idea what hes talking about.

"EGM: "The PS3 is not hard to find now, in fact half of the stores we contacted had plenty of units sitting on the shelves"
Pres: "You tell me a store that has a PS3 sitting on the shelf longer than 5 mins and I'll give you $1200!""

It was early January when he said that. But around a week later, they started piling up, so I bet he feels a bit stupid after his cocky remarks.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
lol i wish it was me so i can get that money.. i dont think he will pay..
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
WAHAHAHAHHA..wow... look like someone is losing $1200.
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
yeah, that was a stupid comment.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Can we get a link to this recent interview?
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
that was pretty stupid, but theres FECK all PS3s, ooo 2-3. yeah theyre not selling at all, eh yeah they are, and over here we've got a good amount of wiis, and NOT a single PS3. well they havent been released but theyll be sold out asap.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts
Don't know about you, but I'd prefer to have a guy who is confident in his product and it's sales as opposed to a guy that thinks that selling 8 million in a year makes you the market leader.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emitsu97
If you wanna be silly enough to believe those quotes word for word without context to the interview details then consider this:  Jack said show me a store that's had a PS3 sitting on it's shelves for more than 5 minutes.  Who's to say they weren't just placed on the shelves and bought in 4 minutes and 30 seconds?  No time lapse videos, no proof, no money. :lol:
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts
Don't know about you, but I'd prefer to have a guy who is confident in his product and it's sales as opposed to a guy that thinks that selling 8 million in a year makes you the market leader.Xanog1
Yeah, it always makes me laugh when people post links to stuff like this. I mean, does anyone out there honestly think the guy is just going to say "yeah, you're right, there are PS3's all over the place. We aren't selling many." lmao The gross misconception is that PS3 is not selling. That is just plain retarded if anyone truly believes that. Only on the internet can somebody make such a miniscule comment and be torn apart for it.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xanog1

[QUOTE="Xanog1"]Don't know about you, but I'd prefer to have a guy who is confident in his product and it's sales as opposed to a guy that thinks that selling 8 million in a year makes you the market leader._AsasN_
Yeah, it always makes me laugh when people post links to stuff like this. I mean, does anyone out there honestly think the guy is just going to say "yeah, you're right, there are PS3's all over the place. We aren't selling many." lmao The gross misconception is that PS3 is not selling. That is just plain retarded if anyone truly believes that. Only on the internet can somebody make such a miniscule comment and be torn apart for it.

It is even funnier when people come in and call guys like us "fanboys" for not taking everything to the irrational extreme.

donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
Its interesting how people make such a big deal about Sony employees. He is confident about his product selling well and thats a good thing. However, guys like this are completely stupid.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emitsu97
[QUOTE="donmohsin"]Its interesting how people make such a big deal about Sony employees. He is confident about his product selling well and thats a good thing. However, guys like this are completely stupid.

Bwahahahaha, wtf was that!  Did someone backstage give him a hot foot or drop a lobster down his trousers?!  Ahahahahahah!
steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
[QUOTE="donmohsin"]Its interesting how people make such a big deal about Sony employees. He is confident about his product selling well and thats a good thing. However, guys like this are completely stupid.

lmao holy ****
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xanog1

Its interesting how people make such a big deal about Sony employees. He is confident about his product selling well and thats a good thing. However, guys like this are completely stupid.donmohsin

It isn't working.

But, judging by the posts below, would I be right in assuming that it is the footage of that MS rep that loves hopping around, screaming at the top of his lungs, and just plain looking like he has the mental capacity of an eight year old after injesting pounds of sugar?

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
It probably wasn't even meant to be taken serious. He was probably just trying to be funny.
donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 donmohsin
[QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="donmohsin"]Its interesting how people make such a big deal about Sony employees. He is confident about his product selling well and thats a good thing. However, guys like this are completely stupid.

Bwahahahaha, wtf was that! Did someone backstage give him a hot foot or drop a lobster down his trousers?! Ahahahahahah!

Im not sure mate. I dont know what the hell is wrong with him. Maybe gates was like "Go out there and make a fool of yourself and ... I will give a big fat raise" OR "Go out there and make a fool of yourself and ... I will give you a big fat wet one". You decide.
donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 donmohsin

[QUOTE="donmohsin"]Its interesting how people make such a big deal about Sony employees. He is confident about his product selling well and thats a good thing. However, guys like this are completely stupid.Xanog1

It isn't working.

But, judging by the posts below, would I be right in assuming that it is the footage of that MS rep that loves hopping around, screaming at the top of his lungs, and just plain looking like he has the mental capacity of an eight year old after injesting pounds of sugar?

Just right click and "open link in new tab". I think it takes a while to load.

EDIT: and yeah, you are right.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 emitsu97

It isn't working.

Xanog1

That would be the one. :lol:
04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts

WAHAHAHAHHA..wow... look like someone is losing $1200.zhuojloh

LMFAO

GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
W/e i was just at my Walmart and 3 PS3's... 16 Wii's Been there for 2 weeks....
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
Even now several places around here are usually sold out. I went to about 4-5 places to find one, and it was 60gb. I wanted to buy a 20gb and save money, but hey Linux plus lots of demos are great. :)
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
It probably wasn't even meant to be taken serious. He was probably just trying to be funny.MusashiSensi

Well that method of entrance is used on big meetings for those pyramid companies. They put loud and happy music, and the dude tells to the people to "to reach for the money" or whatever, he/she screams alot because of "joy he is feeling".
It really works, lots of people get fooled into the pyramid ladder. I'm not accusing Microsoft for using those tactics, but it does resemble it alot.
snoopy501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 snoopy501
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
to all u kids out there the  man just told a  fat LIE.ppl lie all the time.so what new.
GoddBless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GoddBless
Member since 2004 • 937 Posts

WTF is wrong with that guy? Something burning his balls?
Kichu_182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kichu_182
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
[QUOTE="d151"]http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/10

EB Games Sarasota! Westfield Shopping Centre. The one with Publix. Went to find a wii game, saw 3 sitting on the shelf (60 GB). It was 3 p.m. $1200 plz!!!!!! :-)
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
oh how i love penny arcade..