Some questions to the people who have been playing DESTINY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

So what I gather from some reviews is that it does a lot to accommodate all sorts of players e.g. rpg fans, shooter fans etc. But while doing that it really doesn't go deep enough to satisfy any.

- My friends are not gamers and so I would mostly be playing alone. So does that make the online component of zero use for me?

- How is the competitive gameplay?

- I keep hearing that the story, lore is just not something to be fascinated about and is almost absent. How true is this?

- Is it just another grind fest?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

If you join a clan it's going to be fine, but it would be better with friends. If you add some people or just add the people in a certain clan it's going to be fun. But i play mostly alone and i don't have any problems with it. The gameplay is great. It depends on how you look at FPS games

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Honestly, you're better off not bothering with it. I pre-ordered it and now I regret not just renting it, because I'm almost done with it. I have a lot of online friends to play it with, and I can't imagine buying/playing the game by yourself because the story is weak to the point of almost non-existence.

The pvp becomes stale very fast, and the strikes become repetitive after a week or two of play. If you've got to try it I say rent it first.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

What other MMO's have you played ?

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

- My friends are not gamers and so I would mostly be playing alone. So does that make the online component of zero use for me?

Strikes(and I think some other modes) require online play.
You could also try to find some people to play the story in coop with but since there is no matchmaking this'll be a pain to do.

- How is the competitive gameplay?

I haven't played it that much yet but it's great and a lot of fun. It's easily one of the good things about this game, next to the gun play and soundtrack.

- I keep hearing that the story, lore is just not something to be fascinated about and is almost absent. How true is this?

The story and lore are almost non existant. The game does an extremely poor job of explaining things and more often than not you'll be left wondering wth is going on and why you're doing these missions.

- Is it just another grind fest?

Up to level 20? Not really. Though I must warn you that all the missions(story or not) are very repetitive.

After level 20? I'm not sure since I only reached level 20 yesterday but I hear that further leveling and unlocking legendary stuff is, in fact, a grind fest. Will have to confirm this though.

All in all the game's alright, just not something I'd buy if it didn't come bundled with the system. If you really want this game I'd recommend waiting for a price drop at least.

Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

Thank you all. Really. I will definitely wait for a price drop. It seems like the game was wayyy overhiped.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Hyped yes, that's the consensus. It's a shame, since it can ruin games.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

some people like Destiny some people don't that's how it goes.