so yeah...youtube....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts
firstly, i am very aware of the youtube app for the Ps3, after downloading and installing about 50 times, it just doesn't like my Ps3. so i use the trusty web browser. problem is, no videos will play now. i know the web browser only has flash 9 so i'm very aware of it being outdated, my question is, was there a new flas that came recently? and if so, will there be a firmware update? i know none of us work for sony and my PC is in storage so im kinda stuck like chuck. any answers/help will be greatly appreciated!!
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts
firstly, i am very aware of the youtube app for the Ps3, after downloading and installing about 50 times, it just doesn't like my Ps3. so i use the trusty web browser. problem is, no videos will play now. i know the web browser only has flash 9 so i'm very aware of it being outdated, my question is, was there a new flas that came recently? and if so, will there be a firmware update? i know none of us work for sony and my PC is in storage so im kinda stuck like chuck. any answers/help will be greatly appreciated!!MFbronz
Yeah I know what you mean man, the online browser for the PS3 isn't very good, and last time I tried, my ps3 would not play youtube videos on the browser :(. Maybe there is a firmware update, you try googling it yet?
FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
its crap. i cant even be on my PS3 web browser for more then 10 minutes without my PS3 freezing up and having to reset the system.
PlusQuad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PlusQuad
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I didn't even know PS3 had youtube, but it doesn't work well on the 360 either so maybe it just isn't working for anyone, since I don't know anyone who knows how to work it.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

The Youtube app works ok for my PS3. 

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

it's working now. the issue was on youtube/google's side...the app still hates my ps3 though. lol!

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

google PS3tube

I use it in the browser, it even allows to download videos from youtube.

Follow the instructions 1st to enable HD play in the PS3

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I've never had any issues with YT app on my console, nor do I have a problem with the search function, or any of the other complaints I've heard about it...

:?