So what about DriveClub is exactly new or revolutionary?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Ok, so I went against my better judgement a few weeks ago and purchased Driveclub (aka fail-alone-club). Yeah the servers didn't connect, but the graphics were pretty and the cars look cool. But then I noticed some of the speed challenges were at like 456mph and I was like what the heck is up with that? Who's rounding this U turn at just under 500mph? The cars and world in Need for Speed: Rivals on the PS4 look just as amazing. Plus this whole challenges on tracks/in races, how is that ANY different then what Criterian was doing in the Need for Speed franchise with autolog? You try to beat your friends times/speeds/drifts with in-game challenges and race against and with your friends. How is that new or next gen or innovative or revolutionary? What do you guys think?

I am online with play station support getting a refund right now. I wanted to give this a game a chance, but it's not any more amazing looking than Need For Speed Rivals and with the penalties, aggressive-unfair AI driving, the controls that couldn't decide if they wanted to be more arcade or more simulator on top of the server issues have made me realize this is just a poorly coded game which is a real shame because the Motorstorm games were SO AMAZING. But I guess everything that was good must come to an end.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

The only thing about driveclub that stands out for me is the graphics. There beautiful. I also love the car selection also.

I stopped playing thought until that free dlc patch comes and they fix the network and bug issues.

Need for speed rivals is better overall.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

nothing. I just want a new motorstorm already. hopefully set in the desert again.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@jasonredemption: it's revolutionary in the fact that it's like the longest running game that remains broken with its owners doing next to nothing to fix it. Then again, we will see what happens with the MCC servers.

I am hoping for a new Motorstorm as well. Hopefully Sony doesn't close Evolution Studios because of this one bad game.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr

Driveclub just got a new patch today. Photo mode, new cars, new tracks new events. It's slowly getting better.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#7 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

@marcheegsr: I'm not sure more content will fix finicky controls, aggressive AI or server issues.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr

@jasonredemption said:

@marcheegsr: I'm not sure more content will fix finicky controls, aggressive AI or server issues.

The server issues are apparently addressed in the update also and in future updates but I agree with the other stuff. Lets face it we all know Driveclub didn't turn out to be what we hoped for and looked like when it first got mentioned.