So, no more games from EA for me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

they dropped offline gaming experience

did that effect anyone else? I buy their games like Dead space and Need for Speed and I am not into their sport games (or any sport game)

and I only play offline and never try the online and I am more into playing for the plot and story rather than smashing others players, I got Warcraft, Starcraft, and League of Legend for that

What worry me the most, is this will be the trend for other companies and soon all games are just online gaming.

Titanfall is a game that i have zero interest in because its offers no offline experience.

Opinions?

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I'm the same way.  If a game has multiplayer only I would never buy it

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

no more EA games for me

I see more and more lack of understanding how the gaming world works from the game publishers. The high ranking executives earn so much money and see only lots of 0s and play God by creating new rules to protect thier investment.

Piracy is around 0 on PS3. It is very low on the new XBOX models as they can identify pirated consoles. And anyway, the guys that would manage to crack it would never have bought any game new, that's their way of seeing the video gaming. Widespread pirated consoles were in the PS1/PS2 era and the first years of the XBOX360, but now it's very minimal.

But those guys are so above normal human beings that they don't even ask the question or research a bit, they put abusive restrictions on the users - who are the ones that bring them money.

So goodbye to EA and I bet some others will follow.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I'm sure I'll play Titanfall and whatever other Mass Effect games they make. Not really sure about other upcoming EA titles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

lol @ you

they didn't drop offline. they said no offline-only. new Need For Speed for example is going to have seamless online features, but it's perfectly playable offline too. get your facts straight before going wild.

e: on a side note, the guy who talked about it should be fired. he didn't exactly make himself clear on that, and it got lot of negative reactions.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

they dropped offline gaming experience

did that effect anyone else? I buy their games like Dead space and Need for Speed and I am not into their sport games (or any sport game)

and I only play offline and never try the online and I am more into playing for the plot and story rather than smashing others players, I got Warcraft, Starcraft, and League of Legend for that

What worry me the most, is this will be the trend for other companies and soon all games are just online gaming.

Titanfall is a game that i have zero interest in because its offers no offline experience.

Opinions?

k--m--k

Yeah, this is all about them implementing their own DRM. They sound as arrogant as MS did at E3 with their "always online" policy and we all know how well that worked out. The only game I'm really interested in that they publish would be Dragon's Age Inquisition... If I can buy a used copy to say screw you I will, otherwise I'll just skip it.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

lol @ you

they didn't drop offline. they said no offline-only. new Need For Speed for example is going to have seamless online features, but it's perfectly playable offline too. get your facts straight before going wild.

groowagon
Thank you. I don't know why that's hard to understand. They pretty much said they're going to do what they've been doing: implementing some sort of online portion in all of their games. That doesn't mean every future game from EA is going to be a Titanfall. For just one example, they'll probably do another Mass Effect at some point, which obviously wouldn't be multiplayer only.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
I actually dont have any gripes with EA, they put out good games and I enjoy them,
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I am only going to stick to Bioware games, because they are good games. But i won't get anything else. Because it's bs business practice
k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

lol @ you

e: on a side note, the guy who talked about it should be fired. he didn't exactly make himself clear on that, and it got lot of negative reactions.

groowagon

Ah, I watched the Gamespot news video and it wasnt explained in that way at all, my fault, nice to hear though

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I feel the same way as the OP.  I loved Dead Space but by part 3 they'd turned it into some online co-op shooter that I (and apparently just about everyone else) had no interest in. 

This is exactly why I built a gaming PC.  I'd rather go back and replay my old single-player favorites from this gen - with better graphics, framerates and mod's - than any of this multiplayer-focused crap.  I'm an adult and the last thing I want to do is spend my evenings hanging out in the online equivalent of a middle school playground.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

They have had an online component to nearly all of their games for the past ten years. He didn't exactly say that everything would be only multiplayer or always online.