So, no more games from EA for me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

they dropped offline gaming experience

did that effect anyone else? I buy their games like Dead space and Need for Speed and I am not into their sport games (or any sport game)

and I only play offline and never try the online and I am more into playing for the plot and story rather than smashing others players, I got Warcraft, Starcraft, and League of Legend for that

What worry me the most, is this will be the trend for other companies and soon all games are just online gaming.

Titanfall is a game that i have zero interest in because its offers no offline experience.

Opinions?

#2 Posted by gregbmil (2606 posts) -

I'm the same way.  If a game has multiplayer only I would never buy it

#3 Posted by TheTenth10 (3041 posts) -

no more EA games for me

I see more and more lack of understanding how the gaming world works from the game publishers. The high ranking executives earn so much money and see only lots of 0s and play God by creating new rules to protect thier investment.

Piracy is around 0 on PS3. It is very low on the new XBOX models as they can identify pirated consoles. And anyway, the guys that would manage to crack it would never have bought any game new, that's their way of seeing the video gaming. Widespread pirated consoles were in the PS1/PS2 era and the first years of the XBOX360, but now it's very minimal.

But those guys are so above normal human beings that they don't even ask the question or research a bit, they put abusive restrictions on the users - who are the ones that bring them money.

So goodbye to EA and I bet some others will follow.

#4 Posted by MethodManFTW (25581 posts) -
I'm sure I'll play Titanfall and whatever other Mass Effect games they make. Not really sure about other upcoming EA titles.
#5 Posted by Spazzh20 (55 posts) -
I'm glad to see that some people are finally boycotting EA, they were voted worst company in America twice for a reason.
#6 Posted by groowagon (2761 posts) -

lol @ you

they didn't drop offline. they said no offline-only. new Need For Speed for example is going to have seamless online features, but it's perfectly playable offline too. get your facts straight before going wild.

e: on a side note, the guy who talked about it should be fired. he didn't exactly make himself clear on that, and it got lot of negative reactions.

#7 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (558 posts) -

they dropped offline gaming experience

did that effect anyone else? I buy their games like Dead space and Need for Speed and I am not into their sport games (or any sport game)

and I only play offline and never try the online and I am more into playing for the plot and story rather than smashing others players, I got Warcraft, Starcraft, and League of Legend for that

What worry me the most, is this will be the trend for other companies and soon all games are just online gaming.

Titanfall is a game that i have zero interest in because its offers no offline experience.

Opinions?

k--m--k

Yeah, this is all about them implementing their own DRM. They sound as arrogant as MS did at E3 with their "always online" policy and we all know how well that worked out. The only game I'm really interested in that they publish would be Dragon's Age Inquisition... If I can buy a used copy to say screw you I will, otherwise I'll just skip it.

#8 Posted by SoNin360 (5342 posts) -

lol @ you

they didn't drop offline. they said no offline-only. new Need For Speed for example is going to have seamless online features, but it's perfectly playable offline too. get your facts straight before going wild.

groowagon
Thank you. I don't know why that's hard to understand. They pretty much said they're going to do what they've been doing: implementing some sort of online portion in all of their games. That doesn't mean every future game from EA is going to be a Titanfall. For just one example, they'll probably do another Mass Effect at some point, which obviously wouldn't be multiplayer only.
#9 Posted by cooldust (3283 posts) -
I actually dont have any gripes with EA, they put out good games and I enjoy them,
#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70650 posts) -
I am only going to stick to Bioware games, because they are good games. But i won't get anything else. Because it's bs business practice
#11 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

lol @ you

e: on a side note, the guy who talked about it should be fired. he didn't exactly make himself clear on that, and it got lot of negative reactions.

groowagon

Ah, I watched the Gamespot news video and it wasnt explained in that way at all, my fault, nice to hear though

#12 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

I feel the same way as the OP.  I loved Dead Space but by part 3 they'd turned it into some online co-op shooter that I (and apparently just about everyone else) had no interest in. 

This is exactly why I built a gaming PC.  I'd rather go back and replay my old single-player favorites from this gen - with better graphics, framerates and mod's - than any of this multiplayer-focused crap.  I'm an adult and the last thing I want to do is spend my evenings hanging out in the online equivalent of a middle school playground.

#13 Posted by guynamedbilly (12957 posts) -

They have had an online component to nearly all of their games for the past ten years. He didn't exactly say that everything would be only multiplayer or always online.